14. Die Another Day [Japanese deluxe edition bonus]

Found in 5 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 32   Visited by: 683 users
10.07.2013 - 06:03
Rating: 8
Opethian
I'm hoping its a 'Shift' from their previous ... 'Effort'. Don't let me down HEAD!
10.07.2013 - 09:18
Lião
Account deleted
Written by Opethian on 10.07.2013 at 06:03

I'm hoping its a 'Shift' from their previous ... 'Effort'. Don't let me down HEAD!

I heard they are making the same melodic music from the "Issues/Untouchables" era. Probably a enjoyable, 7/10 album.
10.07.2013 - 20:08
Opethian
Written by Guest on 10.07.2013 at 09:18

I heard they are making the same melodic music from the "Issues/Untouchables" era. Probably a enjoyable, 7/10 album.

Im all ears then!
10.07.2013 - 23:45
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
The album title makes me think of Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2. Which is not a good thing.
11.07.2013 - 05:10
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Written by Guest on 10.07.2013 at 23:45

The album title makes me think of Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2. Which is not a good thing.

Were those games a parameter for how good this album is going to be, It'd be between a 6 or a 7 for me. Currently ending XIII-2 and it was a just a bit better than the previous one.
11.07.2013 - 06:33
Lião
Account deleted
Written by Opethian on 10.07.2013 at 20:08

Im all ears then!

Same ... although I preffer their old, rap-influenced stuff.
11.07.2013 - 11:42
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Unhealer on 11.07.2013 at 05:10

Were those games a parameter for how good this album is going to be, It'd be between a 6 or a 7 for me. Currently ending XIII-2 and it was a just a bit better than the previous one.

I bought the sequel a few weeks ago but I appear to have stopped playing it after only a few hours. I should probably persevere.
27.08.2013 - 06:38
terrorSathan
Stealing from anaal
15.09.2013 - 18:41
ppippissi
Okay, I'm totally guilty of loving 'Love & Meth'. Sooo good! But Never Never sucks, though the MV is 'kay.
01.10.2013 - 15:11
Rating: 6
sandisrd
I'm so waiting for this album, after that terrible dub-step, this kind looks really promising...
01.10.2013 - 17:37
Unhealer
Eclecticist
I had to trash it almost halfway through the album. I think that with the pre-See You On The Other Side stuff it's more than enough Korn for me, really.
01.10.2013 - 19:01
Lião
Account deleted
I'm gonna send my copies of the first two Korn albums to Davis.
02.10.2013 - 12:25
Rating: 10
hidden_ninja
Love this one, honestly the most interesting album by Korn so far imo!
03.10.2013 - 10:48
Riscannon
I have been listening to Korn since I was about 12 years old and still consider them one of my favorite bands out there. My all time favorite album is Life is Peachy but anyway on to my review The other day I said the new album was big letdown for me so I gave it another listen and this is new my verdict on Korn 11th studio album The Paradigm Shift, fuck 11 albums under their belts. Korn since 1993 has proven time and time again that they're one of the best bands in their genre. The Paradigm Shift wasn't bad just disappointing a little bit but not too much of disappointment. Yes it does revisits the old school Korn sound but just isn't the same without David and a lot of old Korn fans don't think they ever will as long as Ray is their drummer because like David Silveria said he made Korn sound unique and that's what they're known for and Ray is a great drummer but he is just a heavy metal drummer. I think on this release the drumming may sound little different from 2011 The Path of Totality (I hated this album) and 2010 Korn III: Remember Who You Are. Keep in mind that I am not bashing on Ray's ability to drum I just don't think he has what it takes to bring to the table when it comes to drumming for Korn and I don't think I will ever since I am old school like that. Jon's vocals are amazing on it because he sounds like he's back to being passionate of what he does and he sounds like he angry at something in some songs like in the old songs. Fieldy bass sound still can be heard and that's why I consider him one of the best bassist today. Also the chemistry between Brian "Head" Welch and James "Munky" Shaffer is there too something all the old school Korn fans will appreciate and something the new Korn fans have ever heard or seen in concert will learn to love about Korn. My highlight tracks are Prey for Me, It's All Wrong, Punishment Time, and Victimized. Instead of having Never Never as the first single they should have had Prey for Me as the first single but I also do like Never Never. This is just my opinion you will just have to listen to it yourself because I am an old school Korn fan. The old school fans will either like or hate it; I on the other hand think its okay and as for the new fans of Korn I think they will love it. So anyway I am glad they didn't use the dupstep crap and overall I give it an 8.5 out of a 10.
06.10.2013 - 19:00
Rating: 7
musicalkaratekid
Nice album, and certainly a vast improvement over their last album. The inclusion of 'Head' does seem to make an impact on the album's general sound, but many of the songs here are results of a tight, solid instrumental collaboration. The rhythm section is bouncy, melodic atmospheric at various intervals and Jonathan Davis sounds very confident in his vocal output, although at times his voice does seem to wear thin. Various songs on here make Korn sound once again fresh, but my personal highlights of the album would be 'Love & meth' and 'Paranoid and aroused'. I personally think the first three songs are similar to each other and so the second half the album is where it gets more experimental, but that's no massive problem at all.
09.10.2013 - 18:10
Angelic Storm
Melodious
Just finished listening to this, and I'm unsure what to make of it really... the album's weak point definitely is that at several points it threatens to pummel with some classic Korn mania, but it always just holds back from that. So it's not quite up there with Korn's best, but on the positive side, this album features the best riffs Korn have came up with for a very long time. The main riff to "What We Do" actually had me banging my head, and it's been a long time since I've done that to a Korn song! "Punishment Time" and the opener "Prey For Me" also feature some crushing downtuned riffs in the classic Korn tradition, whilst "Spike In My Veins" actually made me think of Faith No More, which is definitely great praise. But the closing track "It's All Wrong" perfectly sums up my frustration with the album. That song has a couple of massive riffs, easily Korn at their best, it builds up and builds up... but as soon as it reaches the mid-way point, you expect it to explode as no doubt it would have, had it been on one of their older albums. But it ends up being an anti-climax, although it is decent. Most of the songs have great aspects to them, they just fail to live up to their promise overall.

In saying that, there was only a couple of the songs which I disliked, and there is much more to enjoy on this album than on the last few Korn efforts. This could have been a classic Korn album, but a small amount of niggling flaws just prevents it from being so. A very enjoyable listen though!
11.10.2013 - 00:28
greg_br
Written by Guest on 10.07.2013 at 09:18

So why did you gave them a 6?
11.10.2013 - 20:08
Lião
Account deleted
Written by greg_br on 11.10.2013 at 00:28

So why did you gave them a 6?

"Probably"

Did you saw that word in my post? Also, I commented BEFORE the release. Hence the "probably".
16.10.2013 - 18:03
Hex_Omega
Gem Seeker
Nice album. Nothing more, nothing less.
18.10.2013 - 17:38
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
It's a decent album, but if you've heard Love And Death's this has the exact same sound, with the disadvantage of being less catchy. It's a watered down version of Between Here & Lost.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
30.10.2013 - 14:47
Tiago Rocha
Dark Lighthouse
This is actually a step forward.
03.11.2013 - 16:39
s7mon
s7mon
Check out my review here: http://altentertainment.blogspot.com/2013/10/review-korn-paradigm-shift-2013.html
05.11.2013 - 08:12
Opethian
Im listening to it right now and honestly its a step in a better direction and execution. I would probably like this a lot more if they didnt release that Hunk of Dog Shit back in 2011 This sounds a lot more like Korn and not Skrillex/Korn. Welcome back HEAD!
07.11.2013 - 12:10
Kuroboshi
The most easy-listenable Korn album so far. I feel that they aren't as much Nu as usual on this one. Where's the aggression though?
09.11.2013 - 18:10
Opethian
Written by Kuroboshi on 07.11.2013 at 12:10

The most easy-listenable Korn album so far. I feel that they aren't as much Nu as usual on this one. Where's the aggression though?

Honestly, its a step up from their 2011 album. I swear all you can hear on that album are the electronics and Davis voice. The electronics are still here, just not as 'Loud' which im fucking thankful for. It sounds like a band instead of some dumb 'Dub Step' album.
10.11.2013 - 04:06
Kuroboshi
Written by Opethian on 09.11.2013 at 18:10

Honestly, its a step up from their 2011 album. I swear all you can hear on that album are the electronics and Davis voice. The electronics are still here, just not as 'Loud' which im fucking thankful for. It sounds like a band instead of some dumb 'Dub Step' album.

Step up? That's a serious understatement my friend. That album was pure bullocks.
10.11.2013 - 23:07
Opethian
Written by Kuroboshi on 10.11.2013 at 04:06

Written by Opethian on 09.11.2013 at 18:10

Step up? That's a serious understatement my friend. That album was pure bullocks.

Perhaps to someone who isn't a fan to begin with. Ive been listening to this ever sine it came out. Love it
23.07.2014 - 20:52
hidden_ninja
Perfect!

This is the old Korn that i grew up loving to listen to!
26.02.2019 - 04:51
MH_WarWizard
I can't help but be the bored of this album. It's one of korn albums I've listened to least and i have followed them since i was a teen jamming out to Follow the leader. The only song on here that i can't get enough of is "Prey for me" the rest are all too forgettable.
----
Oh Glorious Metal
20.04.2022 - 19:07
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Contributor
This is Korn at their most melodic, and accessible, they had reinvented themselves again, and this time had become more easy listening metal, and lessened on the aggression. The bass sound is not as thick, and the riffs may not be as heavy as before, but they are catchier, and the vocals are less aggresive, but the lyrics once again, have more emotion. They had also opted for a slightly more electronic sound, but it all seemed to work well for them, so they did what they set out to achieve I guess.

I can't say I'm overall impressed with the sound myself, but they had made a step forward rather than two steps back, and thank god they left that dubstep crap behind them. It is as good as they have done in the past imo.

Hits total: 11988 | This month: 36