Metal Storm logo
The Best "(Melodic) Death Doom" Albums

Here's a list that contains only Death Doom and Melodic Death Doom Metal albums, so Gothic (check out my other list for that), Funeral or Sludge Doom etc. are NOT included here (but elements from those subgenres might be present in some of the albums on this list). The reason I made this list is because "death doom" is easily one of my all-time favourite subgenres of music in general. Also, there's not a single similar list on MS to be found (at least to my knowing), hence why I feel people who are into this subgenre can use this list to find out more great music. The list is ordened to my own preference and all these albums are worth at least an 8/10 (the alphabetically ranked albums on the bottom of the list will eventually be ranked among the others, but I haven't listened enough to those to do so). The styles (pure/melodic/atmospheric death doom metal) of the ranked albums are also added so it's easier for people to find what they're looking for. I only add 1 album per band for the sake of variety as well as for keeping the list comprehensible. Lastly, give me suggestions so I can check 'em out and add them to the list (only albums that are featured on MS).

Created by: Erik M. | 04.08.2013

1. Katatonia - Brave Murder Day
1996 / Style: Pure/Atmospheric
2. My Dying Bride - Turn Loose The Swans
1993 / Style: Pure
3. Saturnus - Paradise Belongs To You
1996 / Style: Melodic/Atmospheric
4. Desire - Locus Horrendus - The Night Cries Of A Sullen Soul...
2002 / Style: Melodic/Atmospheric
5. Disembowelment - Transcendence Into The Peripheral
6. Anathema - The Silent Enigma
1995 / Style: Pure/Atmospheric
7. Mourning Beloveth - The Sullen Sulcus
2002 / Style: Pure
8. Officium Triste - Reason
2004 / Style: Melodic
9. Ataraxie - Slow Transcending Agony
2005 / Style: Pure
10. Slumber - Fallout
2004 / Style: Melodic
11. Ophis - Stream Of Misery
2007 / Style: Pure
12. Swallow The Sun - The Morning Never Came
2003 / Style: Melodic
13. Wine From Tears - Through The Eyes Of A Mad
2009 / Style: Melodic
14. Sadness - Ames De Marbre
1993 / Style: Avantgarde
15. Forest Of Shadows - Departure
2004 / Style: Melodic/Atmospheric
16. Bilocate - Sudden Death Syndrome
2008 / Style: Melodic
17. Indesinence - Vessels Of Light And Decay
2012 / Style: Pure
18. Amorphis - Tales From The Thousand Lakes
1994 / Style: Melodic
19. Paradise Lost - Shades Of God
1992 / Style: Pure
20. Doom:VS - Earthless
2014 / Style: Melodic
21. Decomposed - Hope Finally Died...
22. Hanging Garden - Inherit The Eden
2007 / Style: Melodic
23. Unholy - Gracefallen
1999 / Style: Pure/Atmospheric
24. Daylight Dies - Dismantling Devotion
2006 / Style: Melodic
25. Celestial Season - Solar Lovers
1995 / Style: Pure
26. Morgion - Solinari
1999 / Style: Pure/Atmospheric
27. Necare - Ruin
2005 / Style: Melodic
28. Chalice Of Doom - Into Hypnagogia
2013 / Style: Melodic
29. October Tide - Rain Without End
1997 / Style: Melodic
30. Why Angels Fall - The Unveiling
2010 / Style: Atmospheric
31. Whispering Forest - Of Shadows And Pale Light
1998 / Style: Atmospheric
32. Hooded Menace - Never Cross The Dead
2010 / Style: Pure
33. Winter - Into Darkness
1990 / Style: Pure
34. Inborn Suffering - Wordless Hope
2006 / Style: Pure
35. Rapture - Futile
1999 / Style: Melodic
36. Shattered Hope - Absence
2010 / Style: Melodic/Atmospheric
37. Before The Rain - ...One Day Less
2007 / Style: Pure
38. Nox Aurea - Ascending In Triumph
2010 / Style: Melodic
39. Mourning Lenore - Loosely Bounded Infinities
2010 / Style: Melodic
40. Novembers Doom - The Pale Haunt Departure
2005 / Style: Pure
41. Doomed - In My Own Abyss
2012 / Style: Pure
42. Black Sun Aeon - Darkness Walks Beside Me
43. The 11th Hour - Burden Of Grief
2009 / Style: Pure
44. Ablaze In Hatred - The Quietude Plains
45. Falling Leaves - Mournful Cry Of A Dying Sun
2012 / Style: Melodic
46. The Gathering - Always...
1992 / Style: Pure
47. Graveyard Dirt - For Grace Or Damnation
2010 / Style: Pure
48. NOT YET RANKED ALBUMS
49. Abysmal Darkening - No Light Behind
50. Anhedonist - Netherwards
51. Frailty - Lost Lifeless Lights
52. Frozen Pain - Remembrances
53. Helevorn - Forthcoming Displeasures
54. Morphia - Frozen Dust
55. My Lament - Broken Leaf
56. On The Edge Of The NetherRealm - Different Realms
57. The Fall Of Every Season - From Below
58. The Prophecy - Revelations
59. Vin de Mia Trix - Once Hidden From Sight

Disclaimer: All top lists are unofficial and do not represent the point of view of the MS Staff.
[ More lists by Erik M. ]

Comments page 3 / 5

‹‹ Back to Lists
Comments: 121   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 770 users
19.08.2013 - 22:12
Erik M.
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 15.08.2013 at 03:24

it might not be as popular as their second album but their debut is just so much superior it isn't even funny any more. I would even dare say that their second album is one of the most overrated albums of last year

Okay, I'll check it out then and decide which one should be on this list.

Written by Mr. Blonde on 15.08.2013 at 05:39

I love Tales from the 1k Lakes so much. I don't know what it is about that album... it's just f'n captivating. Elegy is great too, but wouldn't make any sense on this particular list.

About the non-full album stuff. That's cool, and yeah I did see that. I mostly just wanted to give those bands a shout out, more than anything. I don't really expect you to add the EPs for Serenity Fades and Mythic. That is all good.

Cianide is death first, than doom... but there is a Sabbathy haze over that death metal none the less. I think it qualifies to stay, but hey it's your list.

Paramaecium is probably the strongest candidate I mentioned though. InExordium is how to find them here though as they changed their name to an opening track off an old album under Paramaecium. They have one of those invisible profiles here. If it ever gets activated... they deserve an add on the list. They are a religious band, but not one that requires a religious listener to appreciate. I honestly feel they are on par with bands like My Dying Bride, and that's a small, proud group.

"1k Lakes"? That's just being lazy, no offense hahaha. Only heard that one and the debut though and honestly I'm not that interested in their more recent albums because it's totally not my cup of tea. Oh, and I will check out InExordium nonetheless. I don't mind if the profile is invisible, as long as they are on MS. I'm irreligious so good to hear it's not very religious music, haha. You say they're on par with MDB? Well, that's definitely a good thing then.

Written by psykometal on 16.08.2013 at 06:17

Phlebotomized as Melodic Death/Doom? They sounded like Progressive Death when I listened to them...

I listened to that album and they're way more (progressive/avantgarde) death metal than doom, so I agree.

Written by psykometal on 16.08.2013 at 06:35

Just checked out Indesinence, and it reminded me a bit of Faal, which I checked out earlier this year and it was really good. Any recommendations for bands along the lines of Faal and Indesinence with 2013 releases?

How about Chalice of Doom's latest album? I still have to check it out myself (going to buy that album soon, in fact), but aside from that one I can't think of other similar albums that were released this year. But I agree, Indesinence - Vessels of Light and Decay is really great stuff, even though the debut seems to be better (according to Marcel).

Written by Guest on 16.08.2013 at 13:30

No Novembre? I haz a severe sad.

Also; Eternal Oath's latest (not 100% sure about whether it's death-doom or not) and Ad Intra (though I doubt you'll feature them here since they're not on MS, but shared for the greater purpose of discovering new music nonetheless).

I've listened to Classica and Novembrine Waltz and in my opinion those albums aren't really death doom (despite the band being labelled as death doom). Rather more progressive and they reminded me a bit of Opeth at times, which is also far from death doom. Which Novembre albums are in your opinion death doom?

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.08.2013 at 13:58

there is quite a bit of doom in their as well. Wouldn't really call it progressive though. That would be like calling Always by The Gathering or My Dying Bride's debut progressive

It's either progressive or avantgarde if you ask me, and there's way more death in it than doom as well. Maybe I'm totally wrong here, but I listened to the album pretty carefully to determine the style. In any case there's not enough doom in it to keep it on this list, so I removed it. That being said, it's awesome stuff, so that album is definitely going on my debut album list. Lastly, it doesn't sound anything like the debuts of MDB and The Gathering.

Written by psykometal on 16.08.2013 at 14:45

Well the shifts in the music within the songs, and from song to song in some cases (as well as the "symphonic" presence) is what made me think Progressive. It's so different from a lot of other stuff I've listened to from that time period and earlier. By today's standards I would consider it Progressive, by 1994 standards (which is something I never considered originally, being the "revisionist" that I am ) it was probably considered very Avantgarde.

Agreed. It's far from pure/melodic death doom in my opinion. Hell, I don't even consider it to be death doom, but rather avantgarde/progressive death metal. I really would've liked to keep it on this list, but it simply doesn't fit the list at all. Same goes for Lit.'s recommendation (Millennnium's debut) which was somewhat questionable as well so I decided to delete that one too (not enough doom in it as far as I'm concerned). It's definitely going on my debut albums list though.
19.08.2013 - 22:58
mz
I'd say it would be good idea to distinguish pure death doom from melodic death doom
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
19.08.2013 - 22:59
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Erik M. on 19.08.2013 at 22:12

How about Chalice of Doom's latest album? I still have to check it out myself (going to buy that album soon, in fact), but aside from that one I can't think of other similar albums that were released this year. But I agree, Indesinence - Vessels of Light and Decay is really great stuff, even though the debut seems to be better (according to Marcel).

Well the music sounds pretty good, but the vocals do sound a little contrived. Will have to give it more time me thinks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTA-QNQZZnM
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

20.08.2013 - 00:56
MechanisT
Account deleted
I dunno, I always found them to be fairly death-doom (as well as progressive as you pointed out) in their sound, in particular those albums you mentioned. I don't find any strong Opeth resemblance, apart from the prog aspects. In any case, your call.
20.08.2013 - 07:14
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Falling Leaves reminds me a lot of Officium Triste, wonder if they were going for that or not (I think somewhere somebody compared those 2 bands already but not sure if this was that band or not; but I'm sure it was probably DoomKing Marcel who wrote it ).
----

20.08.2013 - 17:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by psykometal on 20.08.2013 at 07:14

Falling Leaves reminds me a lot of Officium Triste, wonder if they were going for that or not (I think somewhere somebody compared those 2 bands already but not sure if this was that band or not; but I'm sure it was probably DoomKing Marcel who wrote it ).

why do you think they had Pim Blankenstein of OT do guest vocals? As well as Paul Kuhr of Novembers Doom and Josep Brunet of Helevorn?
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.08.2013 - 17:21
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 20.08.2013 at 17:13

why do you think they had Pim Blankenstein of OT do guest vocals? As well as Paul Kuhr of Novembers Doom and Josep Brunet of Helevorn?

Because they wanted to sound like Opeth...?
----

21.08.2013 - 22:50
Erik M.
Written by mz on 19.08.2013 at 22:58

I'd say it would be good idea to distinguish pure death doom from melodic death doom

Done. Also have quite a few labelled as "atmospheric" because there's still a difference between atmospheric and melodic death doom metal. Check it out and let me know if there are any albums you'd label differently.

Written by psykometal on 19.08.2013 at 22:59

Well the music sounds pretty good, but the vocals do sound a little contrived. Will have to give it more time me thinks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTA-QNQZZnM

Yep, I agree. The vocals aren't really good (that's my first impression), but they don't ruin it at all for me (hell, I love Uaral's full length album and the growls in that one are way worse). Oh, and like I just said I've added the style of the albums (pure, melodic and atmospheric... and avantgarde in one case). This makes it a bit easier for you (and others) to find similar music.

Written by psykometal on 20.08.2013 at 07:14

It indeed resembles OT, but also Saturnus and of course Wine From Tears (seeing as those last two are also pretty similar). Others would be Hanging Garden and Daylight Dies, but haven't given those two bands a lot of time yet. And by the way, I was the one who compared those bands in the shoutbox when I was listening to Falling Leaves.

Written by psykometal on 20.08.2013 at 17:21

Because they wanted to sound like Opeth...?

I don't get it.
22.08.2013 - 05:14
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Erik M. on 21.08.2013 at 22:50

I don't get it.

We were talking about Marcel being the doom know-it-all in the SB the other day and I made the crack about how he might as well consider Opeth a death/doom band because he calls Phlebotomized death/doom just because it has some slow doom-y parts in it, remember?
----

22.08.2013 - 09:29
mz

Written by mz on 19.08.2013 at 22:58

Done. Also have quite a few labelled as "atmospheric" because there's still a difference between atmospheric and melodic death doom metal. Check it out and let me know if there are any albums you'd label differently.

Good job I am not familiar with all of the albums on this list so I can not judge all of your tags but tbh, I personally do not think that atmospheric doom would be appropriate term to describe albums like BMD. Stick to melodic tag and you will be fine since the difference between melodic doom and atmospheric doom does not seem to be big. Moreover, you have mentioned avantgrade (doom) as a genre of an album. If you do not want to limit yourself to pure, melodic and atmospheric, IMO it's better to point out that Erosion is post death doom metal
anyway, this list is really great. thanks for making it. Death doom noobs like me could find a lot of gems here
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
22.08.2013 - 12:04
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by psykometal on 22.08.2013 at 05:14

I don't get it.

We were talking about Marcel being the doom know-it-all in the SB the other day and I made the crack about how he might as well consider Opeth a death/doom band because he calls Phlebotomized death/doom just because it has some slow doom-y parts in it, remember?

I would never call Opeth death/doom or even death metal because there is no doom in their sound and also no death metal
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.08.2013 - 14:38
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.08.2013 at 12:04

I would never call Opeth death/doom or even death metal because there is no doom in their sound and also no death metal

Well duh. That was the joke.
----

23.08.2013 - 01:46
Erik M.
Written by psykometal on 22.08.2013 at 05:14

Haha, I understand now. By the way, what do you think of the added styles to this list? Makes it a bit easier to find similar bands.

Written by mz on 22.08.2013 at 09:29

Good job I am not familiar with all of the albums on this list so I can not judge all of your tags but tbh, I personally do not think that atmospheric doom would be appropriate term to describe albums like BMD. Stick to melodic tag and you will be fine since the difference between melodic doom and atmospheric doom does not seem to be big. Moreover, you have mentioned avantgrade (doom) as a genre of an album. If you do not want to limit yourself to pure, melodic and atmospheric, IMO it's better to point out that Erosion is post death doom metal
anyway, this list is really great. thanks for making it. Death doom noobs like me could find a lot of gems here

Thanks. Funnily I'm also not familiar with everything on this list. Still quite a few albums I need to check out (I listened to everything that's ranked of course). About BMD, I think calling it melodic is pushing it, but the whole album has some sort of mysterious atmosphere to it so it's actually quite atmospheric. Then listen to Slumber for example, which is really melodic and totally different from BMD or a real atmospheric album like Sadness' debut (which is also the only album that has avantgarde in it). So for now I'm keeping it like this to distinguish the albums even more from eachother, while still being in the same subgenre. Also added the "Post" metal tag to Erosion by the way. Anyway, I'm glad you like this list, so thanks.

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.08.2013 at 12:04

I'd simply call Opeth extreme progressive metal, like they are labelled on MS. A couple of doom metal lists have featured Opeth albums, which is funny because there's indeed no doom at all in their sound.
06.09.2013 - 21:42
Erik M.
Written by Guest on 06.09.2013 at 17:55

Nice list. I have to say that Desire's Locus Horrendus wins it for me. Their other album 'Infinity' is also out of this world.

Thanks again. Oh, and the top 4 albums are actually all 10/10's for me, so keep that in mind. Yeah, the debut is also brilliant, but still not as great as Locus Horrendus for me. However, I haven't spun that one a lot (Locus Horrendus probably 15-20 times already), so I might change my mind some day.
07.09.2013 - 18:59
Erik M.
Written by Guest on 07.09.2013 at 05:04

Ye Locus Horrendus only just edges out Infinity for me.

Edit: Just listened to them both again. Despite the beauty of Infinity, Locus is superior.

I just listened to Infinity again and must say Locus Horrendus is definitely superior for me. Infinity actually only has 5 "real" tracks, while Locus Horrendus has 7 and is a lot longer as well, so for me it's more impressive. Also Locus Horrendus seems to be more consistent.
21.09.2013 - 16:47
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Apart from massive pile of the quotes above and the debate on being subjective VS objective, I like this list.

Nice to see Slumber, Celestial Season, Katatonia, Mar De Grises and Bilocate here.
21.09.2013 - 17:18
Erik M.
Written by Monolithic on 21.09.2013 at 16:47

Apart from massive pile of the quotes above and the debate on being subjective VS objective, I like this list.

Nice to see Slumber, Celestial Season, Katatonia, Mar De Grises and Bilocate here.

Haha indeed. And thanks for the +1. It's obvious from the description why I made this list and it's pretty subjective because of multiple reasons. First, the albums of the bands that I've chosen are the best (my favourites) by those bands. Secondly, I ranked the albums to my own preference (roughly). Hell, I even had ratings on here but removed those to make the list less subjective as it's already subjective enough.

By the way, interesting you mention Celestial Season, a band which I didn't even know when I just created this list. Marcel pointed them out to me (as he actually knows far more death doom than me, not surprisingly of course) and I think that album (Solar Lovers) is excellent. Anyway, hope the list is of any use to you. On request of mz, I later on added the styles (atmospheric, melodic or pure death doom) to the ranked albums, so it's even more clear which albums are alike.
21.09.2013 - 17:29
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Not a problem. Yeah I was searching for some Dutch death/doom metal until I stumbled upon "Forever Scarlet Passion". That and "Solar Lovers" made my day.

It sure is, I think I'm gonna check out Solinari by Morgion and Gracefallen by Unholy. I think I'm gonna whip up a list of my favorite funeral doom stuff as well. that's the only genre I get picky in.
21.09.2013 - 18:07
Erik M.
Written by Monolithic on 21.09.2013 at 17:29

Not a problem. Yeah I was searching for some Dutch death/doom metal until I stumbled upon "Forever Scarlet Passion". That and "Solar Lovers" made my day.

It sure is, I think I'm gonna check out Solinari by Morgion and Gracefallen by Unholy. I think I'm gonna whip up a list of my favorite funeral doom stuff as well. that's the only genre I get picky in.

Well, Officium Triste is the most "famous" death doom metal band here in The Netherlands, so definitely check them out (any of their latest 3 albums is a good place to start). Also, The 11th Hour is great too, so check that one out as well (a one-man band from Ed Warby, who is also the drummer for Ayreon and lots of other bands). As far as I know, everything Morgion did was great, but unfortunately I only really enjoy Gracefallen by Unholy (the others have over-the-top growls that I can't really stand).

As far as funeral doom goes, I'm not that knowledgeable. Sure, I know quite a bit bands in that subgenre, but I highly prefer death doom to funeral doom. So I'm looking forward to seeing your list, but to be honest I didn't take you (judging from your lists) for someone who likes funeral doom.
21.09.2013 - 18:47
Monolithic
♠♠♠
Added to my playlist. Thanks for the suggestions.

haha It's gonna take a while. I have some great albums here and there, so it's gonna take a while to sort out the appropriate albums for that list. Hopefully, I'll add more by the time I finish the list. If you had any suggestions on funeral doom metal let me know as well.
22.09.2013 - 18:24
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I really don't understand people calling The 1th Hour death/doom. The only thing deathy about them are first Rogga's grunts on the debut and then Pim's grunts on the second albu,. For the rest it has nothing to do with death/doom.Even Slumber and Rapture are more death/doom and that is telling as it is.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.09.2013 - 18:36
Erik M.
Written by Monolithic on 21.09.2013 at 18:47

Added to my playlist. Thanks for the suggestions.

haha It's gonna take a while. I have some great albums here and there, so it's gonna take a while to sort out the appropriate albums for that list. Hopefully, I'll add more by the time I finish the list. If you had any suggestions on funeral doom metal let me know as well.

The only suggestions (which you probably already know) I have are:
- Evoken - Quietus (funeral death doom)
- Shape of Despair - Shades Of... (funeral doom, but very atmospheric)

I know Angels of Distress is the favourite album of many people, but I totally disagree with that. Way less consistent album than the debut. One song stands out and that is "Quiet These Paintings Are", but that's it for me. The debut however contains 5 massive songs that are all amazing.
22.09.2013 - 18:37
Erik M.
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.09.2013 at 18:24

I really don't understand people calling The 1th Hour death/doom. The only thing deathy about them are first Rogga's grunts on the debut and then Pim's grunts on the second albu,. For the rest it has nothing to do with death/doom.Even Slumber and Rapture are more death/doom and that is telling as it is.

Hmm, what would you call those bands then? The 11th Hour as simply "doom" and Slumber and Rapture both as "melodic doom"?
22.09.2013 - 18:40
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Erik M. on 22.09.2013 at 18:37

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.09.2013 at 18:24

Hmm, what would you call those bands then? The 11th Hour as simply "doom" and Slumber and Rapture both as "melodic doom"?

something like that indeed.

Btw I see you have Whispering Gallery in your list William van Dijk (Whispering Gallery's guitarist) will be filling in for Bram Bijlhout in Officium Triste during Dutch Doom Days, because Bram won't be able to play that date.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.09.2013 - 19:31
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.09.2013 at 18:40

Btw I see you have Whispering Gallery in your list William van Dijk (Whispering Gallery's guitarist) will be filling in for Bram Bijlhout in Officium Triste during Dutch Doom Days, because Bram won't be able to play that date.

You gona update the account with him as Touring musician?
----

22.09.2013 - 19:47
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by psykometal on 22.09.2013 at 19:31

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 22.09.2013 at 18:40

You gona update the account with him as Touring musician?

not sure yet, since it will be for just two gigs at the moment. The first one being a week earlier. Not sure if he will turn into a regular touring member.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.10.2013 - 06:49
psykometal
A staff guy...
Elite
Not sure if this qualifies as melodic death/doom, but it sounds pretty melodic to my ears; and I quite like their album.

http://vindemiatrix.bandcamp.com/
----

09.10.2013 - 18:12
Erik M.
Written by psykometal on 06.10.2013 at 06:49

Not sure if this qualifies as melodic death/doom, but it sounds pretty melodic to my ears; and I quite like their album.

http://vindemiatrix.bandcamp.com/

A late reply by me (although I did reply on Facebook ), but I just added the album.
13.10.2013 - 17:13
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I am wondering if Erik wet himself yesterday in Little Devil seeing Officium Triste with temporary guitarist William van Dijk from Whispering Gallery playing a surprising stelist, due to the inclusion of Your Fall Grace at William's request, although closing song Like Atlas was played too fast.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

13.10.2013 - 21:53
Erik M.
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 13.10.2013 at 17:13

I am wondering if Erik wet himself yesterday in Little Devil seeing Officium Triste with temporary guitarist William van Dijk from Whispering Gallery playing a surprising stelist, due to the inclusion of Your Fall Grace at William's request, although closing song Like Atlas was played too fast.

Hahaha. Yeah, it was an excellent setlist they had yesterday. All songs from the last 3 albums which are my favourite albums (of course Reason is my favourite, hence why it's on this list). Great to watch them perform Your Fall From Grace, because they never played it live before. I didn't notice Like Atlas was played too fast though, but that's probably because I'm easily satisfied when it comes to gigs, unlike you. Yes, the fact of seeing a great band perform is good enough for me most of the time. Of course when some aspects are obviously not good or even bad, then I'd still complain. But the more gigs you attend, the more critical you become. That obviously means you must be way more critical than me.

Hits total: 52658 | This month: 67