Metal Storm logo
Drudkh

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 20.05.2006 - 14:56
Heh, ok I did wait around to see if someone more worthy would make a thread about them but nope, looks like it's down to me.

Everyone's fave slavic black metal band (don't take literally). These guys are gaining some serious momentum. 4 highly praised full lengths in as many years, they're big business.

Playing a very unusual style and form of black metal they seem to focus more on nature and a warm, encompassing atmosphere that you would never expect to find in this genre. This band really don't need any introduction really, everyone knows 'em.

My personal fave albums are their first two, I much prefered the warmness and congenial approach on them concerning the actual music. 'Autumn Aurora' is my absolute fave. 'The Swan Road' was lost on me, as I suspect 'Blood In Our Wells' will be too when I get around to listening to it properly. The production on both was vastly different, giving the albums a different standpoint to the other two. Ceratinly not bad albums though.
09.09.2007 - 03:16
mankvill
I really really really like Estrangement.
15.09.2007 - 06:22
Asphyxia
Account deleted
I'm really not satisfied with Estrangement. It's just not as good as their other releases.
18.09.2007 - 08:36
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
I hate the new album ..... worst drudkh release ever !!
18.09.2007 - 10:49
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Hembrom on 18.09.2007 at 08:36

Even worse than Songs.. ? Damn! Thank god I disagree on Black Metal with you a lot of the times.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
18.09.2007 - 16:01
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Written by Lucas on 18.09.2007 at 10:49

Written by Hembrom on 18.09.2007 at 08:36

Even worse than Songs.. ? Damn! Thank god I disagree on Black Metal with you a lot of the times.

Oh damn , seriously i forgot that ULTRA boring album !! I literally slept while listening that album , shame shame
18.09.2007 - 17:19
Infurnace
"Estrangement" isn't boring at all, in my opinion. I've listened to quite some time now, and I must say I really like the result. We should be lucky it isn't as bad as "Anti-Urban". Man, that one sucked big time .
16.11.2007 - 23:55
Asphyxia
Account deleted
I've heard they used organic drums on 'Estrangement' - What does this mean? The drums sound the same as their other albums
22.02.2008 - 11:22
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Drudkh is really starting to grow on me. Call me crazy, but actually I think they would sound even better with dark, clean vocals, kind of like the Bloody Panda chick.
28.02.2008 - 03:58
Could someone provide me the links for Roman Saenko's Dark Ages?

I'd really appreciate if someone PMed me.
I hope it turns out to be as good as Drudkh,Blood of Kingu and Hate Forest.
29.02.2008 - 18:04
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Dangerboner on 22.02.2008 at 11:22

Drudkh is really starting to grow on me. Call me crazy, but actually I think they would sound even better with dark, clean vocals, kind of like the Bloody Panda chick.

It would at least be interesting to hear. I'm really looking forward to a new album by them, by the way. (Bloody Panda)
----

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
13.08.2008 - 01:32
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
i heard of drudkh when i downloaded an ambient album pack and blood in our wells was on it.

im listening to autumn aurora now and its truely brilliant, its relaxingly brilliant
its like an upbeat black metal, i really like it!
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
10.12.2008 - 09:08
CYFAWS
Account deleted
All releases are good.
10.12.2008 - 22:26
Khaldi
Yes their all releases are good , but i prefer "Autumn Aurora" more then other albums .
it just masterpies...
----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
03.01.2009 - 01:18
Elfeder
I like their Instrumental album "Songs of grief and solitude" freaking great band =)
maybe it is because they are from my homeland Ukraine
17.05.2009 - 02:27
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
I pretty much gave up on them after "Estrangement", but I just heard a sample of "Microcosm" and it sounded pretty fucking good. Sound quality is shit, but the song sounded great. This immediately boosted my expectations from 0% to about 85%. Fuck yeah.
----

17.05.2009 - 09:35
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by Lucas on 17.05.2009 at 02:27

I pretty much gave up on them after "Estrangement", but I just heard a sample of "Microcosm" and it sounded pretty fucking good. Sound quality is shit, but the song sounded great. This immediately boosted my expectations from 0% to about 85%. Fuck yeah.

that is good to hear (read), as i had diminished hopes as well.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
17.05.2009 - 09:45
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth

Hmm, I thought you liked Estrangement on a large scale.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
17.05.2009 - 12:39
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by K✞ulu on 17.05.2009 at 09:45

Hmm, I thought you liked Estrangement on a large scale.

Well yeah, I did like it (reviewed and still stand behind that review and score), but the lack of originality really crippled that album in comparison to their other stuff, you know. If it would've been their first album I would have praised it into heaven, so to speak, but when you have Forgotten Legends, Autumn Aurora and Blood In Our Wells half an inch away in your cd-closet, it's just not that amazing.

From the brief listen I gave the sample yesterday (from youtube, bad quality) I got the impression that they once again found a way to renew themselves, without changing style (just like they did on AA, The Swan Road etc.).
----

17.05.2009 - 16:30
K✞ulu
Seeker of Truth
I listened to that sample, and indeed it gives hope that the album is gonna be pretty good.
----
Savor what you feel and what you see
Things that may not seem important now
But may be tomorrow

R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner

Satan was a Backstreet Boy
11.06.2009 - 15:04
Khaldi
I just now listening Drudkh's new album which called "Microcosmos" . It's pretty good
----
Urartu is a NeoHittite and ProtoArmenian kingdom !!
11.06.2009 - 17:21
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
The new album is very good indeed. Easily my fave since Autumn Aurora.
13.06.2009 - 15:41
Elio
Red Nightmare
I'll put my name along those who like the new album a lot. Everyday I realise how good 2009 is for black methul.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
14.06.2009 - 04:40
Got Mayhem?
Just listened to Blood In Our Wells. Not a bad band from what I can tell, especially since I haven't listened to many eastern bloc BM bands for some reason...
----
15.06.2009 - 13:11
Throne Dweller
I love how the author of this topic assumes everybody knows these guys.

I clicked into this thread because I have one of their albums that I occasionally listen to, but also because I'm genuinely interested.

/nitpick
15.06.2009 - 18:15
Metal_Militia
I just heard Microcosmos....Might be there best release ever
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

17.06.2009 - 12:52
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Throne Dweller on 15.06.2009 at 13:11

/nitpick

If you listen to extreme music and haven't heard of Drudkh then you need to brush up - that was the thought behind my description. Drudkh are easily one of the most well known modern day black metal bands.
17.06.2009 - 14:27
Throne Dweller
Written by Guest on 17.06.2009 at 12:52

/nitpick

If you listen to extreme music and haven't heard of Drudkh then you need to brush up - that was the thought behind my description. Drudkh are easily one of the most well known modern day black metal bands.

But see, it's each to their own surroundings. I don't even know why I have an album of theirs. I've NEVER heard anybody talk about them, even though I acknowledge they are 'one of the most well known' black metal bands of the modern era.

Anyway, I -have- heard of them, I just expected some kind of description and a little more insight.
17.06.2009 - 18:01
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Throne Dweller on 17.06.2009 at 14:27

/nitpick

But see, it's each to their own surroundings. I don't even know why I have an album of theirs. I've NEVER heard anybody talk about them, even though I acknowledge they are 'one of the most well known' black metal bands of the modern era.

Anyway, I -have- heard of them, I just expected some kind of description and a little more insight.

"Playing a very unusual style and form of black metal they seem to focus more on nature and a warm, encompassing atmosphere that you would never expect to find in this genre" - What more do you want? And besides, Google/Metal Archives is your friend.
18.06.2009 - 09:36
Throne Dweller
Written by Guest on 17.06.2009 at 18:01

Written by Throne Dweller on 17.06.2009 at 14:27

/nitpick

"Playing a very unusual style and form of black metal they seem to focus more on nature and a warm, encompassing atmosphere that you would never expect to find in this genre" - What more do you want? And besides, Google/Metal Archives is your friend.

Nevermind, as weak as it may see this was a pinnacle of my venting.

I apologize. x]
19.08.2009 - 19:32
Ascendant187
I came across an interesting piece of Drudkh merch today. It was a (wrapped up) box set that apparently includes an album, mini-cd and a t-shirt. Of course, it being in a shop where I never would've thought they'd have such a thing, I've no idea as to what the shirt looks like or which album it actually is. Upon searching round the net I figure it might well be the new album, some promotional type thing y'know? However if anyone here can shed any light on what it may well be (it's limited to 500 copies, apparently, and around $150 AUD) it would be much appreciated. I don't want to snag it if it's not worth getting... or miss out.