Metal Storm logo
Belphegor - Lyric Video For New Song Released

After some teasers and studio videos, today you finally get to hear a full new song from Belphegor. The Austrian diabolical death/black metal duo just premiered a lyric video for the track "Gasmask Terror" off their first new album in three years, Conjuring The Dead. This song opens the album. Stream "Gasmask Terror" right here and tell us if it lives up to your expectations.

Conjuring The Dead will be unleashed on August 5th (North America), August 8th (Europe/Brazil/Japan) and August 11th (UK/France) via Nuclear Blast.

Helmuth comments: "Belphegor is the blood in my veins. Highly appreciated when demons enjoy our death-magick! If ppl are offended, also fine by me. We are still consistent, brutal, and march worldwide without compromise. 'Gasmark Terror'. A Death/ Black Metal neck-breaking hellride. Push play and adjust your speakers to max volume. An honor - this horror."

Album tracklist:

01. Gasmask Terror
02. Conjuring The Dead
03. In Death
04. Rex Tremendae Majestatis
05. Black Winged Torment
06. The Eyes
07. Legions Of Destruction
08. Flesh, Bones And Blood
09. Lucifer, Take Her!
10. Pactum In Aeternum

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Belphegor
Posted: 25.06.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 69   Visited by: 117 users
25.06.2014 - 18:24
Lokaeda
Account deleted
"strength through kraft"

wat
25.06.2014 - 18:28
Ilham
Giant robot
Hahaha.
25.06.2014 - 18:38
sbgmetal
Coool, i wish they had more songs like this
25.06.2014 - 18:43
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Guest on 25.06.2014 at 18:24
"strength through kraft"

wat

Not sure if it's a vague reference to this guy or if they think macaroni and cheese is a good way to bulk up.

Also not sure why bands like this release lyric videos. Lyrics are arguably the weakest aspect of metal bands, and Belphegor is no exception.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
25.06.2014 - 19:06
Electes
Quote:
Also not sure why bands like this release lyric videos. Lyrics are arguably the weakest aspect of metal bands, and Belphegor is no exception.

Belphegor aren't out to write lyrics that could be published poetry or something. It fits the music, gets the point across, and is funny, in my opinion. For me, I'd rather laugh during a lyric video than look at the lyrics on metallum or something.
25.06.2014 - 19:08
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Electes on 25.06.2014 at 19:06
Belphegor aren't out to write lyrics that could be published poetry or something.

That's my point. Why bother releasing a video that's designed to highlight the lyrical content of a song when that's probably the weakest aspect of your band.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
25.06.2014 - 20:24
empty
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.06.2014 at 19:08

Belphegor aren't out to write lyrics that could be published poetry or something.

That's my point. Why bother releasing a video that's designed to highlight the lyrical content of a song when that's probably the weakest aspect of your band.

because it doesnt have to be poetry to have meaning
given the content of the songs lyrics, your statement exposes you as ignorant of world events---which is why youre here all the time
25.06.2014 - 20:25
Electes

Why bother? Because I think it's cool, gives a good reason to have a video for a new song. It's an easy and cheap way that attracts more people than a simple song stream or instead of budgeting an expensive 'proper' video. Not sure why you bring up such a triviality instead of critiquing the music
25.06.2014 - 20:29
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by empty on 25.06.2014 at 20:24
given the content of the songs lyrics, your statement exposes you as ignorant of world events---which is why youre here all the time

I never said it did, all I pointed out was that their lyrics are weak so it doesn't seem like a wise decision to emphasize them in a video like this.

But you're definitely right about the amount of time I spend on Metal Storm being indicative of my lack of awareness of world events. If only I spent more time reading up on what was going on in the world via Belphegor lyric videos I might not appear so ignorant.
----
25.06.2014 - 20:32
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Electes on 25.06.2014 at 20:25
Not sure why you bring up such a triviality instead of critiquing the music

I was critiquing the music from a lyrical standpoint but I guess I could also talk about the substandard music coming through my speakers instead. At first I didn't realize how generic and uninteresting it was because of how distractingly weak the lyrics were but now you've made me realize just how much I'm not looking forward to new material from these guys.
----
25.06.2014 - 20:38
empty
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.06.2014 at 20:29

I never said it did, all I pointed out was that their lyrics are weak so it doesn't seem like a wise decision to emphasize them in a video like this.

like i said, you 'pointing out' their lyrics are 'stupid' is indicative of your awareness

But you're definitely right about the amount of time I spend on Metal Storm being indicative of my lack of awareness of world events.

correct

If only I spent more time reading up on what was going on in the world via Belphegor lyric videos I might not appear so ignorant.

at least in this case, also correct
25.06.2014 - 20:42
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by empty on 25.06.2014 at 20:38
like i said, you 'pointing out' their lyrics are 'stupid' is indicative of your awareness

I appreciate how much you're trying to put words in my mouth, but at no point did I ever say anything about the lyrical content being stupid.

Don't worry though, I plan on removing all of the news sites bookmarked in my web browser and replacing them with links to Belphegor lyrics to better educate myself on what's happening in the world.
----
25.06.2014 - 20:53
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

Comments like this expose the fact you're clearly offended by his comment and are trying to commit ad hominem as a way of getting back at him.
25.06.2014 - 21:00
Ilham
Giant robot

I don't understand why you get aggressive and condescending about what some guy - you most certainly know nothing about - chooses to do with his time. Especially when you're discussing lyrics that have as much meaning as random kvlt words pulled out of a hat and arranged one after the other. I certainly don't want to say what I think it exposes you as, I don't want to be gratuitously rude, although it itches me greatly.
25.06.2014 - 21:07
Electes
Quote:
I was critiquing the music from a lyrical standpoint but I guess I could also talk about the substandard music coming through my speakers instead.

Why would you critique music on a lyrical basis? I would think Belphegor or Dark Funeral make stupid music too if I judged a music group on, well, not their music.

Quote:
At first I didn't realize how generic and uninteresting it was because of how distractingly weak the lyrics were but now you've made me realize just how much I'm not looking forward to new material from these guys.

Aha, so you don't like the band! Now it's easy for me to see where your condescending comments come from. If you need me to help you realize your opinion on music, you have a problem, friend.
25.06.2014 - 21:10
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Electes on 25.06.2014 at 21:07

Why would you critique music on a lyrical basis? I would think Belphegor or Dark Funeral make stupid music too if I judged a music group on, well, not their music.

Umm, it's a lyric video. The focus is on the lyrics, or at least could be. Perfectly legitimate comment from Troy.

Quote:
Aha, so you don't like the band! Now it's easy for me to see where your condescending comments come from. If you need me to help you realize your opinion on music, you have a problem, friend.

Doesn't make his opinion any less valid. It's his right not to like something and openly comment on it. The issue lies with people's over-sensitivity to comments which have absolutely nothing to do with them.
25.06.2014 - 21:11
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Btw, I thought the lyrics were shite, the album artwork even more so, and the music so-so. Good live band though.
25.06.2014 - 21:12
Ilham
Giant robot
Wow, at least the level of the comments doesn't rise higher than that of the lyrics in the video. Keep representing.
25.06.2014 - 21:14
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Guest on 25.06.2014 at 21:11

Good live band though.

Yeah they're ok live. I saw him smack a girl, most likely his girlfriend, outside the venue though. I have no idea what happened there, but it kinda stuck to my mind. Goes along with the lyrics and music.
25.06.2014 - 21:15
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Ilham on 25.06.2014 at 21:14

Yeah they're ok live. I saw him smack a girl, most likely his girlfriend, outside the venue though. I have no idea what happened there, but it kinda stuck to my mind. Goes along with the lyrics and music.

Fuck that. Ok, I'll add that they have massive douche-feature members in to my assessment.
25.06.2014 - 21:23
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Guest on 25.06.2014 at 21:15

Fuck that. Ok, I'll add that they have massive douche-feature members in to my assessment.

It was that Hell guy or whatever his stupid stage name is. The frontman. Again, we only saw the smaking and what happened afterwards, but still. Some people who saw it wanted to intervene, but the situation was getting out of hand so they all left.
25.06.2014 - 21:24
Electes
Oh how funny is the 21st century. Only in it can pussies listen to metal and be ignorant, reactionary fools at the same time.
25.06.2014 - 21:26
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Electes on 25.06.2014 at 21:24

Oh how funny is the 21st century. Only in it can pussies listen to metal and be ignorant, reactionary fools at the same time.

Why don't you take your good manners and knowledge back with you to the century you belong to?
25.06.2014 - 21:34
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff

I think it makes sense to critique the lyrics given that it's a lyric video. I mean I know it sounds pretty crazy and you might have to defy all sense of logic to understand where I'm coming from but generally I think when a band releases a lyric video, the purpose is to highlight the lyrics. I completely understand if you're unable to make heads and tails of it since it clearly goes against all reasoning, but I guess that's just where my child-like sense of wonder takes me.

I'm sorry to hear that I have a problem, but I truly didn't realize my own opinion of their music before this wonderful and incredibly constructive conversation we're having. I'd really like to continue with it but only if you want to talk in a civilized manner rather than accusing others of being reactionary simply because we disagree on the purpose of lyric videos.
----
25.06.2014 - 21:39
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Guest on 25.06.2014 at 18:24

"strength through kraft"

wat

Kraft is the german (also swedish) word for "Force". So it sounds kvlt to them I guess but even in english "Strength through force" sounds weird. xD
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
25.06.2014 - 21:49
Electes
Written by Troy Killjoy on 25.06.2014 at 21:34

I think it makes sense to critique the lyrics given that it's a lyric video. I mean I know it sounds pretty crazy and you might have to defy all sense of logic to understand where I'm coming from but generally I think when a band releases a lyric video, the purpose is to highlight the lyrics. I completely understand if you're unable to make heads and tails of it since it clearly goes against all reasoning, but I guess that's just where my child-like sense of wonder takes me.

I'm sorry to hear that I have a problem, but I truly didn't realize my own opinion of their music before this wonderful and incredibly constructive conversation we're having. I'd really like to continue with it but only if you want to talk in a civilized manner rather than accusing others of being reactionary simply because we disagree on the purpose of lyric videos.

The last bit wasn't directed toward you, per se. For the first bit, the video released a NEW song. If you think the video is there to highlight lyrics over the music, then indeed there is a problem with you. Be that your child-like sense of wonder, who knows, but 'tis an issue if you thin, "Ah, a lyric video. Time to listen muted and critique those lyrics, yee-haw!".

I also already stated reasoning for why lyric videos are probably made, but you ignored that, so I guess I'll give you another reason if it might assuage your angst about lyrical videos. The making and posting of such videos are not done so by the band, but by the label. Because the label has Belphegor on their roster, Belphegor agrees to things like lyric videos, song streaming, and other promotional things that, guess what, make both parties make money, which is rather important.

As an aside, I suppose only you may be snide if when I am sarcastic, it's not civilized, but when a holier than thou mod like yourself uses it, it is more than acceptable

Anyway, I'll leave now. Now I remember why I don't post in this morass. I'll let you all keep the condom slipped on, buh-bye now!
25.06.2014 - 21:53
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Cheers mate! Good tidings to you. From now on I will be sure to keep in mind what you said before judging lyric videos for their lyrics in the future.
----
26.06.2014 - 00:19
Electes
Written by Ilham on 25.06.2014 at 21:23

Written by Guest on 25.06.2014 at 21:15

It was that Hell guy or whatever his stupid stage name is. The frontman. Again, we only saw the smaking and what happened afterwards, but still. Some people who saw it wanted to intervene, but the situation was getting out of hand so they all left.

Okay, I'm sorry, but this warrants me back for a moment. I've been laughing on and off so hard this afternoon in remembering this

"Ugh, this Helmuth guy, so evil, beating his waifu! God, it was soooo deplorable and lacking principle...that we didn't do anything about it and left!" Buahahaha. My goodness me! "I fight lack of apparent principle with equally cowardly and lacking in principle behavior. Take that, meany Electes!"

Quote:
Cheers mate! Good tidings to you. From now on I will be sure to keep in mind what you said before judging lyric videos for their lyrics in the future.

26.06.2014 - 00:22
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Electes on 26.06.2014 at 00:19

Okay, I'm sorry, but this warrants me back for a moment. I've been laughing on and off so hard this afternoon in remembering this

"Ugh, this Helmuth guy, so evil, beating his waifu! God, it was soooo deplorable and lacking principle...that we didn't do anything about it and left!" Buahahaha. My goodness me! "I fight lack of apparent principle with equally cowardly and lacking in principle behavior. Take that, meany Electes!"

If this is what you came back for, you could have stayed where you were .
26.06.2014 - 11:50
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog

It's a bit late for this now but I always thought that lyric videos were utilised to engage the fans, specifically in that they can sing/growl/whisper/mouth along while watching the mildly entertaining moving words and pictures. I suppose it has multiple purposes, but as you said I can't see bands like Belphegor or their labels attempting to highlight their lyrics as profound.

Hits total: 4681 | This month: 19