Metal Storm logo
Best Slayer Album

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 04.03.2007 - 10:57
Hey guys, I made this poll because i'm a pretty big Slayer fan and I just wanted to know what their most appreciated album is. Personally I liked Reign in Blood the most because of its wicked fast speed and drumming, a close runner up would've been Show No Mercy for the same reasons. I know I left out a couple of albums but I'm sure we can all agree that I got their best works over all, and if I missed one that you personnally liked just vote "other". Just say which album you liked best by Slayer and give a little explanation to why you liked it. Also if you feel the need to bash one of the albums do it respectfuly and state why you don't like it in a polite way.

Poll

What's your favourite Slayer album?

Reign In Blood
Seasons In The Abyss
South Of Heaven
Hell Awaits
Show No Mercy
God Hates Us All
Other
Haunting The Chapel
Christ Illusion

Total votes: 321
27.09.2007 - 04:33
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Ugh...of course everyone goes with Reign In Blood...*cough* *cough* *overrated**cough*

Shit, don't get me wrong--Reign In Blood is a fucking good album! I love it. But it has nothing on Hell Awaits. Hell Awaits is something out of this world. GREAT thrash album. Nobody here has voted for it, which disturbs me. I'll bet most of the people who voted RiB haven't even heard it...lol.

The only thing that bothers me about RiB (besides it being a disappointment after Hell Awaits) is that it is so damn OVERRATED....I mean, ok...Slayer sort of invented extreme metal (arguable statement), and I give them credit for that. Reign in Blood was what made them. It was groundbreaking. But Hell Awaits is a BETTER ALBUM, dammit.

Also, metal noobs tend to be RiB fanboys..."OmFg Reign in Blood is like so br00tal you guyz.."
27.09.2007 - 04:47
APOHAKC
The Bard
Show No Fucking Mercy for me, awesome punk/thrash for headbanging and rinking beer!
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
27.09.2007 - 04:49
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
"rinking beer"? Interesting....

By the way nice to see somebody appreciating fresh, pre-RiB Slayer. It's good shit, I'm tellin' ya.
27.09.2007 - 05:04
TXRocker4Life
Account deleted
O come on 3 votes for SHOW NO FUCKIN MERCY
In my opinion every Slayer album should be re released starting with the most recent and work backwards to SHOW NO MERCY
Blasting our way through the boundaries of Hell
No one can stop us tonight
We take on the world with hatred inside
Mayhem the reason we fight
Surviving the slaughters and killing we've lost
Then we return from the dead
Attacking once more now with twice as much strength
We conquer then move on ahead
CANT GET ANY BETTER
27.09.2007 - 05:13
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Yes it can....slightly. With Hell Awaits. Hehe.
27.09.2007 - 19:42
BrightNight
My voted go´s to South Of Heaven. I like Reign In Blood and God Hates Us All almost the same but South Of Heaven has a bit more to offer me when im looking to the complete album as a whole.
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."
03.11.2007 - 00:29
ThrashMetal_Rulz
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 27.09.2007 at 04:33

Ugh...of course everyone goes with Reign In Blood...*cough* *cough* *overrated**cough*

Shit, don't get me wrong--Reign In Blood is a fucking good album! I love it. But it has nothing on Hell Awaits. Hell Awaits is something out of this world. GREAT thrash album. Nobody here has voted for it, which disturbs me. I'll bet most of the people who voted RiB haven't even heard it...lol.

The only thing that bothers me about RiB (besides it being a disappointment after Hell Awaits) is that it is so damn OVERRATED....I mean, ok...Slayer sort of invented extreme metal (arguable statement), and I give them credit for that. Reign in Blood was what made them. It was groundbreaking. But Hell Awaits is a BETTER ALBUM, dammit.

Also, metal noobs tend to be RiB fanboys..."OmFg Reign in Blood is like so br00tal you guyz.."

No one here dislikes Hell Awaits at all if you think that. In fact i'm a little shocked that it only has 1 vote as well lol (your right it was a friggin awsome album), but the fact is that it was more ground breaking and did more for metal then Hell Awaits ever could, I remember that there was an interview with Tom Araya where he said RIB was SLAYER's best/favourite album (so apparently not only noobs like it), and Slayer fans everywhere just bang their heads upon hearing it .
I understand why you're ticked off that so many favour RIB over Hell Awaits (I would be too, if I was in your position), but it earned it's status as one of the best Thrash albums ever man, and going as far as to say that metal noobs like RIB, or that most people here havent who voted for it havent heard RIB is just.....crazy lol.
03.11.2007 - 02:38
Mad Laughter
Account deleted
Point(s) taken, bro--thnx for the consolation.

That 1 vote is me rofl
03.11.2007 - 18:43
Bulletdodger
Reign in blood - not only the music is much more brutal but the lyrics too
----
Aus dem Paradies, das Cantor uns geschaffen, soll uns niemand vertreiben können.
David Hilbert
21.02.2008 - 15:40
IllNiñoSweden
Reign in blood of course!! I agree "Bullet Dodger". I like the Christ Illusion album too.

I know these Slayer album are very good: Show No Mercy, Hell Awaits, South Of Heaven, Seasons In The Abyss, Decade Of Aggression (live) and God Hates Us All. I wish all these album!!!
04.03.2008 - 16:26
Nyxgrinder
Decade of Aggresion is a great live album, for me Slayer is the best live group ever, I was first amazed by the low rating of "Undisputed Attitude" 6. something, and it sucks cause the album is great too it has speed and it has good riffs as well but anyway.........I think posserness is a worst sickness than elmo kids.....
04.03.2008 - 17:12
Demonmayonnaise
I voted Hell Awaits. I can listen to Slayer all day. They are amazing.
11.03.2008 - 15:38
ABUSOR
Account deleted
Hell Awaits followed closely by Seasons.... Slayer fuckin' rule regardless
06.04.2008 - 23:06
RhysTerk
RiB has their two best songs but the rest of the songs are just fucking fillers (except for "Altar of sacrife" and maybe "Criminally Insane").
Well, to their best album as a whole, Seasons in the abyss, yeah, it also has some fillers, but the only band i know who makes albums without fillers is Metallica.
06.06.2008 - 04:19
PrinceofSylvania
Account deleted
For me, the best was Seasons in the Abyss. At least, that was their best studio album. Otherwise, Decade of Agression: Live is their best album IMO.
06.06.2008 - 05:59
Metal_Militia
//Reign In Blood is just way to awesome top to bottom to vote against no matter how sweet their other albums are. Second for me would be god hates us all//
----
"When night falls
she cloaks the world
in impenetrable darkness.
A chill rises
from the soil
and contaminates the air
suddenly...
life has new meaning"

10.06.2008 - 15:03
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
All Slayer albuns are good(except Undisputed Attitude) but Reign In Blood is that one...
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
16.06.2008 - 18:50
Justice
I prefer GOD HATES US ALL
16.06.2008 - 19:34
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Justice on 16.06.2008 at 18:50

do you really prefer it Reign In Blood, how can you forget unforgettable riffs of Raining Blood and prefer it to some glam thrash metal
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)
17.06.2008 - 10:26
Justice
Written by Varegan on 16.06.2008 at 19:34

Written by Justice on 16.06.2008 at 18:50

do you really prefer it Reign In Blood, how can you forget unforgettable riffs of Raining Blood and prefer it to some glam thrash metal

I know that reign in blood is the best but I said I PREFER God Hates Us All
23.06.2008 - 03:12
In this order:
Reign In Blood
Show No Mercy
Hell Awaits
Seasons In The Abyss
South Of Heaven

Reign In Blood has classic tracks such as Angel Of Death and Raining Blood. Just amazing. I would love to go out and buy every Slayer album if I were rich and then just have a party and break something
01.07.2008 - 12:35
Candlemass
Defaeco
Reign In Blood
A nuclear CLASSIC.
What an album...such a killer.
20 years and nothing as brutal and thrashing at this has been released.
03.07.2008 - 21:11
Elio
Red Nightmare
i voted for south of heaven but...i love most of them the same...
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
16.07.2008 - 17:50
Valentin B
Iconoclast
well this is a No-Brainer lol. Show No Mercy is awesome, Seasons is awesomer, but Reign in Blood is by far the awesomest of all Slayer albums released and not-yet-released.
16.07.2008 - 19:28
SlaytallicA
Lycanthropy
Written by Valentin B on 16.07.2008 at 17:50

well this is a No-Brainer lol. Show No Mercy is awesome, Seasons is awesomer, but Reign in Blood is by far the awesomest of all Slayer albums released and not-yet-released.

"released and not-yet-released" but it will be very very hard to top RiB...
----
One Pound Of Flesh, No More No Less, No Cartilage, No Bones, But Only Flesh...
27.07.2008 - 15:25
k1tu
Reign In Blood For Sure.!
13.08.2008 - 06:25
freddie420666
can i just say that slayer IS one of the best bands in the world??
i voted south of heaven.
but reign in blood was the first album i heard from them that turned me onto them. ther are such a kickass band.
13.08.2008 - 06:36
Demonmayonnaise
My opinion on this changes quit frequently. I really like Hell Awaits, its one of my all time favorites.
02.09.2008 - 02:41
Rattlehead87
Reign In Blood i think is there best Album
----
No one is safe when I close my eyes, I come to take your life
02.09.2008 - 07:22
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Definitely Reign In Blood!
and what about Christ Illusion?? no one likes Christ Illusion??
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.