Metal Storm logo
Classical Music

Original post

Posted by Icewings, 22.05.2006 - 02:56
Well as you might know , I love and respect music to the fullest ... I think that classical music is one of the most important types of music , thanks to them many forms and kind of notation develope , and well the influences even in modern music are clear ..I think classical music is amazing .. and well I love the all from early early classical music to modern , I think there's great composer :Mozart,Vivaldi,debussy,Monteveri in others ...

So let's discuss your opinions on classical music ..
27.06.2006 - 06:11
Icewings
La Luna
@ The Alchemist:Uhmm well I think that in all of the periods there was always someone composing dark , Also in many operas there was a lot a lot of things like that ...so maybe is not necesarily a period but maybe the composers in each period , Like maybe in each period they had one , like you were mentioning maybe in the Classical Period was Mozart , or maybe in the Romantic period was Franz Liszt, or chopin , or maybe in the baroque Era maybe Purcell or Vivaldi ..but well you know there's a lot like many people consider Tchaikovsky very very dark , but well look at the music and you'll see
----

Metalheads for Black Lives and Land Back
27.06.2006 - 15:57
Warman
Erotic Stains
I dont listen to it so much but I can enjoy it to a 100 % when I do listen.
----
28.06.2006 - 21:56
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Oh yes, now I remember Vivaldi in The Four Seasons, the winter concert has really dark stuff... excellent music. and some other concerts of him, but that's the dark stuff I remember, I have to see other composers
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
29.06.2006 - 06:59
Icewings
La Luna
@Warman: Yeah I understand you , but well I;m very glad that you enjoy it , even that you don't listen to it anymore but is good to be open minded ...

@The Alchemist :See my dear there's a lot of stuff to see , also I forgot to mention Wagner , my teacher considered him dark and yeah he had some dark stuff and about Vivaldi ..ahh that's my favorite song and yeah it is obscure ..well my dear if you need any composers just ask ....
----

07.07.2006 - 00:33
Alastor Scourge
Account deleted
Classical music is maybe the music that more listen besides metal. I really enjoy listenit but not to relax or to concentrate for an exam or something similar, this music has so importan meaning that when i decide to listen it's all i do, no reading, no writing, no nothing, only listening. Also there's a curious costume in my family sometimes at the hour of eating we put some Vivaldi, Haendel, etc...
I read before about seeing live concerts, i maybe assist more to those than metal gigs. The last one i went was to an opera of Rossini, it was "La Scala di Seta" is was amusing, classical music is not only beauty, darkness or high-elevated themes...

Lately i have been trying to listen Iannis Xenakis... how awsome and challenging, one of the hardest musicians i ever have known to listen to.
07.07.2006 - 00:43
tulkas
el parcero
For me classical music is the mother of music. It´s music in its purest form and I really like it. I like the play Carmina Burana, it´s amazing, specially O Fortuna (btw: the therion cover is excellent), and as far as composers one of my favorites is Joaquín Rodrigo from Spain. More classical, Chopin, Thcaikovsky and Mozart.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
07.07.2006 - 21:18
Sune
Account deleted
Johann Pachelbel's "Canon In D", is without doubt one of the most beautiful melodies ever, I love it.
07.07.2006 - 21:28
Sune
Account deleted
In case you don't know it, here's a very modernized, rock version played on guitar, just to give you an idea of the melody (of course it's slighty changed because it's more like rock music) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6j3Fu9DES8&search=canon%20rock

The original, with full orchestration is simply stunning though, I never listen to much classical music, but when it sounds like this, it's just beautiful... (I can send it to anyone interested)

By the way, some people also use it as their wedding song.
08.07.2006 - 06:30
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Guest on 07.07.2006 at 00:33

this music has so importan meaning that when i decide to listen it's all i do, no reading, no writing, no nothing, only listening. Also there's a curious costume in my family sometimes at the hour of eating we put some Vivaldi, Haendel, etc...

What a good costume listening classical music doing anything else. and I admire the costume of eating while listening classical music, I should try it, I'm sure I'd be happy at the end of eating
----

Sensorium - Epica
08.07.2006 - 06:34
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by tulkas on 07.07.2006 at 00:43

For me classical music is the mother of music. It´s music in its purest form and I really like it. I like the play Carmina Burana, it´s amazing, specially O Fortuna (btw: the therion cover is excellent), and as far as composers one of my favorites is Joaquín Rodrigo from Spain. More classical, Chopin, Thcaikovsky and Mozart.

I agree with you Tulkas, this music is played in the purest form. About Carmina Burana, I like it, though it's quite boring listening the whole work: 63 minutes! but yeah, awesome work and the Therion cover is amazing! what a masterpiece, just perfect...
----

Sensorium - Epica
08.07.2006 - 07:19
MetalSpider
There are many amazing classical pieces by many amazing composers. I enjoy listening to classical music...my dad really only listens to classical music. I grew up listening to classical. There are certain pieces though, that are just too hard to listen to and some that really suck.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
10.07.2006 - 22:04
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Ive heard mozart and beethoven and i really think its genious. i do want to have complete cds instead of just some songs. its a matter of time.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
12.07.2006 - 09:57
Icewings
La Luna
@Alastor Scourge: Hello dear , well is amazing to see that there's people that you can share the same interest , and you are very right , classical music is something I listen almost daily like Metal , I love very much listening to the different instruments and stuff ...and One of the things I like the most in class is when our teacher taught us about classical music composers and stuff , I mean it was the thing we did the most , but we study other things ... but when she played let's say Vivaldi , or Debussy out loud it was so nice , what a great feeling ....

You know is funny in my family we kind of have this constume too ..and I like it very much , like in Chritmas we listen to the Ave Maria and other stuff and is a great feeling , I mean I listen to it daily but my point is that we do the same at the table and it brings me a lot of memories ...even when I was in my mother's womb ..every night and morning she used to put the Beethoven Box , which I love to death ...is a little musical box with beethoven tunes ...so practically I was born with music alredy ....

And I'm very glad for you , Opera is a beautiful thing , so many things combine , I mean of course it was born around the baroque era so maybe this is why is so ..uhmm complete or full but I love it ..and speaking of the Baroque Era ohhhh I love the classical music of that time wonderful wonderful ...so like I was telling you uhmm sometimes it might be a little hard to perform but is great ...I had to work with some Monteverdi songs and woahhh what an experienced ....anwyays great post ..thanks

@ tulkas: Yes I agree with you , I mean of course we had music before liek the Gregorian chants and all of that , and we had the secular music of the time ....but the classical period was a big BOOM .... it was amazing , and such beautiful minds ...such musical prodigies we found , despite that they had to compose for the church and the king and all of that they did great pieces ....you are very right about that ...and yeah The therion cover ..wow great I also like the covers that bands have done to Mozart's Requiem , but only because is my favorite but it sounds great just wonderful .... anyways nice taste of composers ...

@Sune:Hey yes I love this song , it makes me feel really good , I listen to it a lot I had the cd and it just amazing ...very beautiful and by the way thanks for the website you show you , I LOVE IT this guys is amazing in guitar wow ...and you know to me is so beautiful when it happens like when they were playing Vivaldi in guitar WOW thanks ....

@ The Alchemist: JEJEJJE yes my dear I'm sure if you eat with mozart or beethoven you are gonna go one happy happy boy !

@MetalSpider: Yeah my family too , and it just amazing , but well nothing can be perfect , sometimes you just have to open your mind for it , yeah some pieces are extremely difficult especially when you look at the music sheet ohhh sweet lord , but anyways it just great to be able to listen to such wonderful music .....

@BloodTears: Hallo my dear ... I'm glad you have heard them , very very happy for you ..and well I understand ...me too , even that I have a lot of classical music cd's I would love to have a huge collection because is amazing to have it .... I would feel rich

Speaking of Mozart , well he was one of the biggest influence in my life since my early ages , besides beethoven ...Mozart has something that realyl get's me , and my favorite favorite is the Requiem ...it gives me such feeling that I say is like the soundtrack of my life , it feels like that .... Lol I remember when we were watching the movie Amadeous in class the end when they play the requiem and they are taking wolffies body is so strong ...I was crying ...and I think is my favorite part in a movie , I'm nost sure why but just the images and the music are like wow .....so I guess the song of the requiem that appeals the most to me is Lacrimosa ...there's no words to describe the feeling I get with this song ... Ohh here's a little of the Requiem and well sorry guys I like this video ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgTBip1daFw&search=mozart%27s%20requiem%20
----

13.07.2006 - 00:10
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Just yesterday I bought some cds from my favourite conductor Herbert von Karajan three collections,best of Mozart, Sibelius symphonies 1-5 , Tchaikovsky 1812 overture awesome music indeed
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
13.07.2006 - 00:29
Sune
Account deleted
Written by Icewings on 12.07.2006 at 09:57

@Sune:Hey yes I love this song , it makes me feel really good , I listen to it a lot I had the cd and it just amazing ...very beautiful and by the way thanks for the website you show you , I LOVE IT this guys is amazing in guitar wow ...and you know to me is so beautiful when it happens like when they were playing Vivaldi in guitar WOW thanks ....

No problem!! his own website is www.jerryc.tw in case you want to check it out, but I don't think he has played any more classic songs on guitar

But I agree with you..classical music sounds great on guitar as well, it's cool!
14.07.2006 - 11:25
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
There is this Tv channel that I have at my home called "Mezzo", I dont know from which country it is but it does show several classic pieces. It is quite interesting.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
15.07.2006 - 00:13
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Bach, Bach and more bach for me, there is a lot of him in metal music
18.07.2006 - 19:55
Icewings
La Luna
@heresiarch: How cool , good for you and yes me too , I have to buy more cd's of classical music ...but is good that you got those NICE !

@Sune: Thanks dear , and well nice website , as you said I'm not sure if he has more but he is a great guitarrist and I love what he does , he skill and stuff is nice ...

@ BloodTears: OHH nice nice , yeah I also have a channel here called Vox where they present operas and stuff is great to see , and they have videos , like in another channel they take classical music pieces and just make videos is really cool I like that a lot ....

@MicTlaN: Indeed , Bach is really great , really love must of his pieces and I enjoy reading about him a lot , Also Handel is a good one , and he just liek bach has influence some metal , well not so much like Bach and Mozart but he has .....
----

04.08.2006 - 20:20
Soliloquy
can someone do me a favor? can someone please tell me the name of this piece:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1v257Yd2Ulk

the guy is off tune, and his guitar is totally out of tune. but i tabbed a few notes on that by ear. i know i am a lil off, but i wanna learn the actual thing. i'm pretty sure its not beethoven. and if its mozart(which i'm pretty sure is) whats the name of it? mozart wrote over 40 symphonies or soemthing. no way in hell i'm gonna search that to find soemthing

and thank you!

as for classical music. ive been getting into it more and more as of late. out of all the composers, Beethoven and Paganini seem to intrege me the most. mozart, though he is skilled, but i personnaly dont like him much. reason being, he was way too cocky, and we could see that in his music. mozart trully was prolly the most talented composer of all time, yet his arrogance gets to me
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
04.08.2006 - 21:35
heresiarch
Forever Dead
@Soliloguy

It's Mozart's symphony nr.40 opening allegro molto

it's pretty good
----

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

18.08.2006 - 09:21
Susan
Smeghead
Elite
Since last year I've been a student of classical music, pursuing my Bachelor's Degree. I've been exposed to many great composers but I have to say, my new favourite is Respighi. He composed mostly during the first part of the 20th century. Although he's relatively recent he evokes many classical and romantic styles. His music is dense and dramatic, just like metal for me! I recently purchased a recording of his "Sinfonia Drammatica" performed by the Slovak Philharmonic and am BLOWN AWAY! Seriously, if you value a rich sound in your music then check out ANYTHING by Respighi
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
18.08.2006 - 10:54
PRIMAL FEAR
Account deleted
I really like listening to Vivaldi if anything, although I will tune in on the radio now and then to listen to the only classical music channel to relax to... good stuff indeed:thumbup:
18.08.2006 - 16:45
Dam3k
Written by Icewings on 22.05.2006 at 02:56

Well as you might know , I love and respect music to the fullest ... I think that classical music is one of the most important types of music , thanks to them many forms and kind of notation develope , and well the influences even in modern music are clear ..I think classical music is amazing .. and well I love the all from early early classical music to modern , I think there's great composer :Mozart,Vivaldi,debussy,Monteveri in others ...

So let's discuss your opinions on classical music ..

Well is not one of the most importants type of music, it's just the MOST important =). I don't understand why u say influenced EVEN modern music?... dudes... modern music has the same composition lines, the same modes etc that classical music, modern music is another way to play classic music... but it's nothing completly different for sure =) Trust me I know what I'm talking about my father is pianist so I've been listening to classical music since I was a baby and he knows much better what's on the music modern compositions than anyone of us Classical music ROCKS but METAL rocks more xDD
----

19.08.2006 - 18:57
heresiarch
Forever Dead
If you are looking for exciting composer ,then Alexander Borodin is your answer,his opera Prince Igor and Polovetsian Dances are just brilliant
----

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

16.10.2006 - 23:40
Soliloquy
has anyone heard any good(or poorly) done classical songs done on string instruments like guitar? for the last couple of weeks, i have been playing classical music on my guitar, and so far, this is what i am capable of playing:

mozart:
Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
40th symphony
turkish march
twinkle twinkle lil start(what its called in real)
bits and pieces of requiem

beethoven:
bits and pieces of 5th symphony
bits and pieces of 9th symphony
fur eliese
a few of his christmas charoles that i dont know the names of. i just tabbed em\

bach:
bits and pieces of Ach Wie Fluchtig

and i wanna learn more...so any suggestions?
----

-Zakk Wylde
10.11.2006 - 17:22
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Soliloquy on 16.10.2006 at 23:40

has anyone heard any good(or poorly) done classical songs done on string instruments like guitar? for the last couple of weeks, i have been playing classical music on my guitar, and so far, this is what i am capable of playing:

mozart:
Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
40th symphony
turkish march
twinkle twinkle lil start(what its called in real)
bits and pieces of requiem

beethoven:
bits and pieces of 5th symphony
bits and pieces of 9th symphony
fur eliese
a few of his christmas charoles that i dont know the names of. i just tabbed em\

bach:
bits and pieces of Ach Wie Fluchtig

and i wanna learn more...so any suggestions?

Wow! you play a lot of songs!
Ok, my suggestion is Vivaldi, I know some concerts with beautiful guitar songs, the name of the concerts are:

- Concerto for Violin (Guitar), Strings and Basso Continuo in A minor, R. 356 (Largo)
- Concerto for two Mandolins (Guitars), Strings and Basso continuo in G major, R. 532 (Andante)
- Trio for Violin, Lute (Guitar) and Basso continuo in C major, R. 82 (Largo)

These concerts are played by John Williams
----

Sensorium - Epica
12.11.2006 - 13:42
Hermanubis
Account deleted
Ive found out that a large amount of the unknown classical songs i was listening to where by Estonian composer Arvo Part. Anybody here a fan?
Its also looking tricky finding composers and classical music that sounds similar to Arvo Part - i really enjoy his minimalistic approach - so any recommendations are appreciated.
17.11.2006 - 15:40
Soliloquy
my freaken god! beethoven truely was a god. playing his stuff on guitar is insanely tough. i'm trying to play his freaken moonlight sonata. i can play the first like 5 bars of it on the piano, tahts not all that hard. just the guitar part is a killer
----

-Zakk Wylde
17.11.2006 - 23:11
Vidrageon
Account deleted
I've always pictured classical music as a part of metal, don't ask me why, I just felt they belong together
20.11.2006 - 03:41
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
Written by Guest on 17.11.2006 at 23:11

I've always pictured classical music as a part of metal, don't ask me why, I just felt they belong together

Many metal bands have classical music influences, I feel the same too.
Once I've heard that there are really dark songs in classical music, similar to metal, specially gothic, though I haven't heard these songs, I think that this is true
----

Sensorium - Epica