Metal Storm logo
Coronavirus

Original post

Posted by Cynic Metalhead, 11.03.2020 - 22:17
For those who haven't come to know what is Coronavirus(COVID-19) - it's a contagious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome. The cause of the coronavirus outbreak first emerged in Wuhan, China.

So far Coronavirus has infected more than 115,800 people killing over 4,200 worldwide. It resulted in World Health Organisation (WHO) declaring the coronavirus outbreak a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). And today, the WHO declared the outbreak to be a pandemic.

Initially, we have been indulged SARS(Severe acute respiratory syndrome) outbreaks like in 2002-2003 in Northern China that resulted in 8000+ cases mainly in China and Hong Kong. Similarly, MERS Coronavirus outbreak originated in Saudi Arabia in 2015 spouted devastated casualties routed to South Korea have not been entirely eliminated, but it has never been a pandemic.

What we though witnessed to the WORST CASE of pandemic was in 1918-1919 Spanish Flu that infected 500 million people around the world. Another in 2009 H1N1(Swine Flu) affected approx. 575,000 deaths that were later termed as "mild" pandemic. There is smatter of such cases that occurred in different timelines.

My question is,

Do you think Coronavirus to be a really a pandemic? Or Is it just another case stacked to likes of H1N1, Ebola, Bird flu etc?

Discuss.
25.11.2020 - 08:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Karlabos on 24.11.2020 at 23:35

You guys are having lockdowns? =p

No, rekommendation, but north can not be locked down, we have no people lol to little snow for snow mobile, ice is not so thick, but damn they can only try, they can not lock down the north, but I wish Stockholm, Malmö, Göteborg would be totally locked down.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.11.2020 - 19:48
no one
Written by Bad English on 10.06.2020 at 20:00

A huge deal': New Zealand's rugby-starved fans prepare to head en masse to stadiums

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jun/09/a-huge-deal-new-zealands-rugby-starved-fans-prepare-to-head-en-masse-to-stadiums

Maybe no one can comment, because its first country what let fans to see sport live again. Nothing like this in Europe happens. We have a bit more less restrictions but its not super free as before.
Maybe corona virus is a bluff some bubble what states agreed to text us? well we will seem, if NZ survives 2 months whit no major pandemic falls, Europe can open all as it was! Our money matters most

Only just read this

Yeah we still have no cases, rugby games, concerts and everything is normal now apart from international artists. I hope to see Vassafor in a few weeks.

I just read this about swedens situation https://i.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/300170454/covid19-sweden-loses-faith-with-its-covid-expert-as-deaths-rise
----
Unable to connect to the database
29.11.2020 - 19:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by no one on 29.11.2020 at 19:48

Only just read this

Yeah we still have no cases, rugby games, concerts and everything is normal now apart from international artists. I hope to see Vassafor in a few weeks.

I just read this about swedens situation https://i.stuff.co.nz/world/europe/300170454/covid19-sweden-loses-faith-with-its-covid-expert-as-deaths-rise

We have better as in Russia, Iran, c Asia, Brazil and USA has. South of sweden should be lock down, Luleå to, keep rest of north open. Tegnel is idiot, byt biggest idios are stockholmare, göteborgare and other city pals, who ignores state recomemdations
----

apos;'
[image]
05.12.2020 - 09:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
So seems new vaccine will be out soon, even UK lads started.
In Sweden they will open all when 60% will get it and it might take to next autumn.

I have quastion, will you take it?
----

apos;'
[image]
05.12.2020 - 10:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Irritable Ted on 05.12.2020 at 09:55

Written by Bad English on 05.12.2020 at 09:44

In Sweden they will open all when 60% will get it and it might take to next autumn.

I don't think we will have a lot of choice. I don't think they will make it compulsory but it will become very difficult if you can't prove you have had it. I can see you having to have some sort of document if you want to fly or visit another country. It will probably end up on job applications or if you try to buy tickets for gigs or football matches.

It might be, but I think my job ask it as well. I dont wanna consequences, so far I tasted my 2 times, negative. I could do test 3th time, I did not do it, nobdoy told me my time lol
I wish it work and no consequences. I hope we can send a bill to the China.
----

apos;'
[image]
12.01.2021 - 11:44
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Bad English on 05.12.2020 at 10:01

Written by Irritable Ted on 05.12.2020 at 09:55

I don't think we will have a lot of choice. I don't think they will make it compulsory but it will become very difficult if you can't prove you have had it. I can see you having to have some sort of document if you want to fly or visit another country. It will probably end up on job applications or if you try to buy tickets for gigs or football matches.

It might be, but I think my job ask it as well. I dont wanna consequences, so far I tasted my 2 times, negative. I could do test 3th time, I did not do it, nobdoy told me my time lol
I wish it work and no consequences. I hope we can send a bill to the China.

Resign from job then maybe? We should keep in mind that it won't be just 1 vaccine. Just look at all the possible side effects. I rather go with the 99,98% survival chance.
----
My vision is augmented
13.01.2021 - 16:51
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin

I will say, even without a lockdown, Curitiba seems almost a ghost town during the day. At least near my barrio near Passeo Publico. Still get nervous going to places like the Mercado Municipal to stock up on molhos, cerveja artesenal and Jambu.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
13.01.2021 - 22:51
Nejde
CommunityManager
Written by angel. on 13.01.2021 at 15:52

Written by Nejde on 12.01.2021 at 20:01

"Disposable population"??? That's the most retarded thing I've heard in a long time. First of all our constitutional law doesn't allow a complete lockdown but just the other day a temporary pandemic law was accepted by the government. The only lockdown we have is of the retirement homes in an attempt to protect the most vulnerable citizens, the elderly. Over 90% of those who dies because of covid in Sweden are 70 years or older and 50% of those are 85 or older. The average age of a Swede across the entire population is 81. The problem here is that we've had a declining health care system for the last 30 years. And we accept more refugees in percentage to the total population than any other country. So letting people die to lower the costs for the state is a ridiculous and directly false hypothesis.
Also there is no major doctor who took part in deciding our corona strategy. It's the Public Health Authority who makes the recommendations and then it's the government who decides what actions to take. Maybe you're thinking about our state epidemiologist Anders Tegnell but he's more of the spokesperson and not the sole decision maker.
Worth noting is that covid is more widely spread in highly populated areas such as Stockholm. 1/3 of all contaminated and dead are in and around the Stockholm area. I live in the biggest town in northern Sweden with a population of 115 000 and 250 000 in the whole region (second biggest in Sweden) and we've had 92 dead since the outbreak started last year. The Stockholm area with 1,5 million people have over 3000 dead.
And the reason immigrants are more prone to die is that they don't care to follow the recommendations. A couple of weeks ago it was reported about a Syrian wedding with 250 attendants. 8 people is the maximum recommendation.

Felt I needed to respond to that.

"Disposable population" is quite a common term to describe a phenomenon, it is rather a decry and explanation. I used the quotation marks to emphasis that is not my term, I also read it in other articles and texts.
To explain the term, I give an example: People who are living under poverty are often blamed for poverty because they are wasting time, opportunities, and states money. Those who create and sustain wealth inequality certainly prefer to ignore the impoverished since we are supposed to also believe that 80 percent of the world's population lives on less than ten dollars a day due to their own failings, laziness to deflect attention from the fact the there's a systematic exploitation and discrimination in the current socio-economic structure that excludes many from thriving. For decades, the policy makers had been perpetuating the same systematically exploiting of every living or nonliving thing, whatever does not make profit it is inevitably "disposable". The system exists not to develop such population but to purposefully underdeveloped them and "dispose" them because then simply put there's less problem to solve and less money to spend on them. But it goes a lot deeper than that, for better understanding of it you go search articles in either researchgate or jstore.
Where do I know these? I READ! But it is much easier, lazier, and lamer to just call out something, say it is "retarded" without thinking about it twice or to do a lazy google search. That is exactly how it goes about calling Antifa/BLM as "rioters"! You know why? Because mainly there is a fear in the unconscious of the majority that the status quo may change. The status quo that have been always at their side and the status quo that nothing like their background could obstacle them or even worse, the fear of "oh what if they behave us as we have behaved them"!
At any rate, let me tell you that, BLM is a movement, it's a reaction to decades of systematic exploitation and discrimination that an average white fellow did not experience or did not have to overcome for their basic lives ! It is a call to end chattel slavery and lynching, demands for basic civil rights and voting rights, and the constant call for the end to police brutality.

"And the reason immigrants are more prone to die is that they don't care to follow the recommendations." Now this is what I call "retarded" statement, so how do you prove the reason is that they do not care for the recommendations? Did you interview all the immigrants in Sweden, or you have some well-researched evidence? In other words, you claim you know every random immigrant right now walking down the streets of Sweden are "Damn the recommendations, I'm dumbass braindead immigrant I won't care! Because I don't want to take care of my life?!" So they went through all that difficult journey to arrive in Sweden and easily die by a virus for the sake of not giving a damn to the recommendations!

This "Syrians attending a wedding with 200s of people!", the narratives that media is repeatingly feeding us! You do not feel your joke is too funny, do you? Do you think Syrians came with all their two hundreds of fellows to Sweden?!! With all their friends, neighbors, relatives, acquittances to attend a wedding?! What a joke really! No, they have more death toll because scientifically also proven that they are less taken cared of in the medical system! The same as blacks in America or UK. The researches are all done by known universities go Read them if you can!

And BTW In the first 10 months of 2019, 122,225 asylum-seekers were registered in Germany and the last months almost 46,000 were in Sweden, According to the Interior Ministry in Germany In the first half of 2020, the total number of refugees is about 1.77 million people. So again, disproves that "And we accept more refugees in percentage to the total population than any other country."
Yes I am fully aware that Sweden has a far different population density from many European countries and that may make difference in measures.
Dr. Tegnell is also picked up by the press and he had already made incorrect statements. Yes, that is right. For the record go watch the guardian interview with him, He clearly says "COVID-19 is not dangerous, and fatal and it is as much as a flue" Which is by now proven wrong. Second, he also says, that "we're not like china, we can't implement measures like them, because democracy" Well you think democracy only exists in Sweden?! Germany although against the constitution and their interests, they had to go through lockdown because in an emergency the logic is different. But what is clear here is that science evolves, and they always make it clear that their findings are going to be updated and also the degree of uncertainty from which they make their respective assessments. Sometimes more, sometimes less immediately understandable but the problem is that some people are still adhering to the disproved myths without getting updated and here we go!

You may feel like you can win a forum with your non backed claims and statements, but you cannot win science that is backed by well-studied evidence. Separate your emotions and how you feel about a certain movement, because in the face of the facts and truths the emotions must not matter! Adhering to any sentimentalism or emotions in serious phenomena are misleading. I am not a zealot of any kind, I see the wrongs and I recognize them, and I will not call out everything I do not feel like favoring them immediately. Nobody wanted violence and nobody talked about it that violence is the answer, BLM did not want to go into the violent direction, antifa either! But you guys love to repeat your scenarios that you learned them over beers with your favorite dudes!

You can have you own opinions, but not your own facts! Now it is the matter of life and death, Freedom rights don't mean egoism rights! These barkers who think they have leased the law and the "truth" for themselves, which they found out through three-click research in a very investigative manner!? Do not get me wrong, criticism is important, observe, question! But this mélange of people who spread false information, conspirators, barricaders in the basement is dangerous! And it shows us that the hope that some have expressed that Corona could improve our social cohesion must be buried. It will not get better... ... on the contrary, it leads to a further problem.

Felt I needed to respond to that.

First of all I didn't call you retarded so I'm sorry if you interpreted it that way. I called the "disposable population" hypothesis retarded because Sweden probably has the most generous welfare system and the most lenient asylum laws in the world.
And I do read and I take my information about covid-19 directly from the Public Health Authority's homepage and immigration from the Swedish Migration Agency's homepage, not some random google search. I don't share my opinions without doing my research first. I look at the statistics and statistics don't lie.
Since 2012 Sweden has registered over 1 million immigrants and this is not counting those who were rejected. A majority are Syrians. Sweden has a population of 10,23 million and Germany has a population of 83,02 million. Worth noting is that these two countrys have taken in the most immigrants and refugees of all the EU nations in the last 10 years.

When it comes to covid-19 Dr. Tegnell says that people born abroad are overrepresented when it comes to contaminated per 100 000 people. Turks are in top with 753 followed by Ethiopians with 742 and Somalians with 660. For Swedes the number is 189. This is statistics. But sure, there are many factors to consider as to why immigrants has an overrepresentation. One reason is that they live more crowded than Swedes. It's not uncommon for a family of 7-8 persons living in a small three room apartment in the suburbs, especially in the Stockholm area. Also just by looking where I live immigrants tend to walk around in bigger groups and they're definitely worse at keeping the recommended distance of 2 meters, especially when you go to the supermarket.
Another problem can most likely be blamed on the government because the information going out the public about covid-19 is in Swedish. If you want information in English you need to seek it out yourself. At the Public Health Authority's homepage you can only get the info in official minority languages. Those are Sami, Romani, Jiddisch and Meänkieli (a Finnish dialect spoken in a small part of northern part of Sweden close to Finland). Another big problem is that Sweden doesn't require immigrants to learn Swedish. Sure, we have SFI (Swedish For Immigrants) but you actually need to prove that you live and have an address in Sweden to be eligible for it. And if you get to learn Swedish you get pushed out into society long before you've learnt to speak and read decent Swedish. That's fucked up. I have friends whose parents lived here for over 40 years (educated people fleeing from Iran after the revolution) and they still barely speak any Swedish.
So yeah maybe they're no to blame but still they should be well aware of the corona virus by now so holding a big wedding is just plain "not giving a fuck" because no Swedes would ever do that in a time of crisis. That's also a reason to why we haven't had a big lockdown because the government and the Public Health Authority are relying on people's common sense, something us Swedes apparently are known for.

And saying that immigrants are less taken cared of in the medical system is a false statement. We got health care for everybody. You don't even have to be a citizen. A visit to the hospital or a health central cost 200 kronor (~20 euros) and when you reach 1100 kronor a high cost protection kicks in and then healthcare is free for a year counting from the date of the first visit. So don't compare us to America where you don't get healthcare unless you got insurance. The closest they came was Obamacare but Trump and the Republicans tore it up as soon as they got into power and that doesn't apply only to blacks but to all who are poor no matter their ethnicity. Hell, my Greek father who moved back to Sweden some years ago already had skin cancer surgery, carpal tunnel syndrome surgery, got treated for sleep apnea and just recently got diagnosed with chronic obstructive lung disease. It hasn't cost him more than the 200 kronor fee for each visit. Our healtcare isn't what it used to be but at least everyone can get it.

Regarding the post in the other thread, I never ever use the word hate. Hate is a strong feeling and a strong word to use. For example, I don't hate my ex-wife even though she gives me every reason to. But I do despise her for the way she's behaving towards me and for trying to turn our kids against me. So there's a difference. The same goes for those who rioted during the BLM protests. I don't hate them, because they have nothing to do with me. But I do despise the violent behaviour of those who vandalized and looted because that had nothing to do with the protests and those who did it peacefully. They made tremendous damage against the protests for a good cause. They also played right into the hands of Trump and the right wing extremists and all other racist inbreds in America. They just proved that they get what they deserve in their eyes.
Same goes for the MAGA people storming the Capitolium which led to five people dying. They just proved to all liberals that Trump supporters are weapon crazy, trigger happy and easily indoctrinated by what they see and hear from Trump himself, right wing media and social media in general.
Sadly you can't fight fire with fire. Violence breed violence in a neverending downward spiral. So yeah, maybe I should use the word hate here. I hate violence and I despise people using it no matter the cause.
13.01.2021 - 23:27
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by BitterCOld on 13.01.2021 at 16:51

I will say, even without a lockdown, Curitiba seems almost a ghost town during the day. At least near my barrio near Passeo Publico. Still get nervous going to places like the Mercado Municipal to stock up on molhos, cerveja artesenal and Jambu.

Yeah, Curitiba ppl seem to be pretty respectful. (after all they always maintain the 2m distance even without the virus lel)
Still, the government showing some concern wouldn't hurt.
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
14.01.2021 - 09:24

Personally I won't for now. I don't trust the development and testing process these vaccines went through no matter how many doctors and medical researchers vouch for them. I'll adopt a wait and see strategy and see if they pass the test of time. I am among the many people who had covid (twice even) and it manifested as a minor cold. The second time I got it I didn't even test myself (I was aware that I caught it again due to the sudden loss of taste and smell). I had worse flus that this. The Ukrainian flu I caught 2-3 years ago was far worse. I literally was trembling with 3 blankets on me while almost hugging the radiator. So in my case, I do not see why I should be in a hurry to get the vaccine. My immunity is strong enough. The second time I caught it I didn't even get the flu symptoms.
14.01.2021 - 11:34
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by Hyamendacil1450 on 12.01.2021 at 15:22
I haven't worn that piece of cloth, which is mostly useless and roughly 80% of them are medically unfit.

Written by Hyamendacil1450 on 14.01.2021 at 09:24

I am among the many people who had covid (twice even) and it manifested as a minor cold. The second time I got it I didn't even test myself. [...] My immunity is strong enough.

And you didn't even waste a brief thought on the people you may already have infected due to your irresponsible behaviour?

Something's terribly wrong with you.
----
signatures = SPAM
14.01.2021 - 12:17
Written by Starvynth on 14.01.2021 at 11:34

I haven't worn that piece of cloth, which is mostly useless and roughly 80% of them are medically unfit.

I am among the many people who had covid (twice even) and it manifested as a minor cold. The second time I got it I didn't even test myself. [...] My immunity is strong enough.

And you didn't even waste a brief thought on the people you may already have infected due to your irresponsible behaviour?

No. Don't give a damn. Why would I? Just a cough mate. And them muzzles have been useless until now. Not like wearing or not wearing it made any difference. Without it, we had like 50-100 cases daily in spring and early summer. When it was made mandatory both inside and outside, we reached over 10000 daily. And black sheep like me that were not wearing it were the exception. I helped more people get their immunity stronger though. Freedom and human rights are more important than sanitary gulag and panicardism. I went to private concerts, I went to parties, I defied pretty much all measures taken. I accumulated 9 fines until now, 7 of which were successfully contested and canceled in courts with the other 2 on the course to be cancelled on the same basis. For me it is business as usual. Life moves on and unlike others, I refuse to be part of a movement that supports the abolition of freedom and human rights to gain an illusory and false modicum of safety.
14.01.2021 - 14:58
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by Hyamendacil1450 on 14.01.2021 at 12:17

Written by Starvynth on 14.01.2021 at 11:34

No. Don't give a damn. Why would I? Just a cough mate. And them muzzles have been useless until now. Not like wearing or not wearing it made any difference. Without it, we had like 50-100 cases daily in spring and early summer. When it was made mandatory both inside and outside, we reached over 10000 daily. And black sheep like me that were not wearing it were the exception. I helped more people get their immunity stronger though. Freedom and human rights are more important than sanitary gulag and panicardism. I went to private concerts, I went to parties, I defied pretty much all measures taken.

It seems like you have now successfully across as someone whose brain has taken more hits than you have ever imagined.

Quote:
No. Don't give a damn. Why would I? Just a cough mate.

As Starvynth strongly said about your behavior, you should probably be in jail now if you got away with your stupid belief.
14.01.2021 - 15:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Köln
I agree whit you but same time no symtoms i go to work and out. Here in a north even whit corona you can go out and see Woods and bear. We gave good whit 2m borders between, but I live in a north. I try avoid Luleå and Storheden. I buy food after 2200, booze at 1200 and so on. My work is different as other so.

Cynick in sweden if you have corona and you go out you can get 2 years in jail. Has not happened, but one woman get positivte results and went to work to the supermarket, she was suspended and probably fired.
----

apos;'
[image]
14.01.2021 - 17:39
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Hyamendacil1450 on 14.01.2021 at 15:16

Not really. The difference between me and you is that I can think for myself, rather than think based on what others say and do ... I respect those who can think for themselves and that do not impose their views upon others. Those who understand basic Western concepts such as freedom of thought, of expression, or association and of choice.

I respect people that don't deliberately behave in ways that could get and do get people with weaker immune systems killed.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
14.01.2021 - 18:02
Joppe
Steelemeister

Personally I won't for now. I don't trust the development and testing process these vaccines went through no matter how many doctors and medical researchers vouch for them. I'll adopt a wait and see strategy and see if they pass the test of time. I am among the many people who had covid (twice even) and it manifested as a minor cold. The second time I got it I didn't even test myself (I was aware that I caught it again due to the sudden loss of taste and smell). I had worse flus that this. The Ukrainian flu I caught 2-3 years ago was far worse. I literally was trembling with 3 blankets on me while almost hugging the radiator. So in my case, I do not see why I should be in a hurry to get the vaccine. My immunity is strong enough. The second time I caught it I didn't even get the flu symptoms.

100% agree. the "Testing process" in this case will be to see what happens to those who take it. Why not boost the immune system by our own actions instead of drinking Kool-Aid from Bill "Vaccines were the best investment I've ever made" Gates?

----
My vision is augmented
14.01.2021 - 18:43
Written by Metren on 14.01.2021 at 17:39

Written by Hyamendacil1450 on 14.01.2021 at 15:16

Not really. The difference between me and you is that I can think for myself, rather than think based on what others say and do ... I respect those who can think for themselves and that do not impose their views upon others. Those who understand basic Western concepts such as freedom of thought, of expression, or association and of choice.

I respect people that don't deliberately behave in ways that could get and do get people with weaker immune systems killed.

Which I haven't. So I guess I earned your respect. Amirite or amirite?
14.01.2021 - 18:47
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Hyamendacil1450 on 14.01.2021 at 18:43

My wife is in a high risk group, since she has a high spinal chord injury. I don't find this topic funny at all for this reason, among others.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
14.01.2021 - 18:48
Written by Joppe on 14.01.2021 at 18:02

100% agree. the "Testing process" in this case will be to see what happens to those who take it. Why not boost the immune system by our own actions instead of drinking Kool-Aid from Bill "Vaccines were the best investment I've ever made" Gates?

Whatever. I don't buy the Gates bullshit though. He is too busy raking up deals with China's Winnie the Pooh. He is still angry on Trump and his administration for banning his endeavors into nuclear technology together with his Chinese pals. Had he made a vaccine that would actually cure something worth curing, I would be all for it. But a cure for this mild flu called Cough19, meh. I'll take the virus any day. He can keep the vaccine.
14.01.2021 - 18:52
Written by Metren on 14.01.2021 at 18:47

Written by Hyamendacil1450 on 14.01.2021 at 18:43

My wife is in a high risk group, since she has a high spinal chord injury. I don't find this topic funny at all for this reason, among others.

So are my parents. Yet it was not my job to protect myself. It was theirs. When you know you are in a risk group, no matter what the disease is, you take some protection measures yourself. That doesn't give you leverage over ruining other people's lives as states have done with the vast majority that won't get shit from this virus.

The people who now gather in lines for food stamps, waiting for hours, is that a sight to behold? Dying of hunger is better than dying due to a cough? The government thinks it saves people from covid, while killing people on the other due to the economic effects of a protracted crisis. Which has yet to come in full force... but it will. That is when we would have wished we coughed.
14.01.2021 - 19:06
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Hyamendacil1450 on 14.01.2021 at 18:52

So are my parents. Yet it was not my job to protect myself. It was theirs. When you know you are in a risk group, no matter what the disease is, you take some protection measures yourself. That doesn't give you leverage over ruining other people's lives as states have done with the vast majority that won't get shit from this virus.

The people who now gather in lines for food stamps, waiting for hours, is that a sight to behold? Dying of hunger is better than dying due to a cough? The government thinks it saves people from covid, while killing people on the other due to the economic effects of a protracted crisis. Which has yet to come in full force... but it will. That is when we would have wished we coughed.

I don't understand you. You are concerned with the effect that government restrictions have on the economy, but also pride yourself on not taking any precautions regarding potentially spreading COVID. The fewer people take precautions, the more likely the virus is to continue to spread, the more justification governments will have for restrictions.
----
14.01.2021 - 21:49
Written by Metren on 14.01.2021 at 19:06

Written by Hyamendacil1450 on 14.01.2021 at 18:52

I don't understand you. You are concerned with the effect that government restrictions have on the economy, but also pride yourself on not taking any precautions regarding potentially spreading COVID. The fewer people take precautions, the more likely the virus is to continue to spread, the more justification governments will have for restrictions.

I wouldn't call it concerned. Not for myself at least. From the start I disregarded all restrictions. I don't take pride in leading a normal life, unhindered by stupid measures that do nothing, or make things worse. Well that is the point. The virus should spread to enable immunity. The government has no justification for anything. Every measure it took AT MOST only delayed the inevitable. Much less stop it. You don't fight a storm, you wait for it to pass.
14.01.2021 - 22:02
Written by angel. on 14.01.2021 at 19:10

How many people did you ever save from hunger in your whole life?

What steps/work have you ever done to stop the circle of poverty and hunger?

Dying of nor the virus neither the hunger is ok. What kind of comparison is that?

You're so worried for the starving people?! What exactly you have done in your entire life before corona breaks out?

You understand that most of the precautions, measures and lockdown are to stop the chain of virus spread, so that people can go back to their everyday life?

Do you know that people like you are the reason that this chain is not stopped and as a result the lockdown and measures are being expanded and consequently so many small businesses are going bankrupt, they need to eat too, you know?

If you worry people's hunger so you should take the measures seriously.

Plenty. I was part of a humanitarian organization in Africa and during my military stage I was sent in Darfur for a peacekeeping mission where literally kids were starving on the streets.
Neither are ok. That is correct. But somehow not dying of covid takes priority over the rest. Otherwise why would the governments insist on destroying economies, knowing full well that an economic recession causes exponentially more deaths from other illnesses? Isn't it ironic... you impose measure to save people from covid (they haven't saved much, but lets just consider the intention only), while these measures kill people with other diseases, in other circumstances.

And did they stop the chain of virus spread? No. They might have slowed it temporarily depending on the country, but they did not stop it. This pandemic has had recurrences precisely because lockdowns have only delayed the spread. It is not people like me who are the problem. But people like you. Because you refuse to believe and acknowledge that the measures taken are useless, have done nothing good and have mostly caused more harm than good.

Yes, they need to eat too. And that can be solved easily. Tell the governments to leave people alone. Open up small businesses, restaurants, bars, pubs, clubs, concerts, etc. Everyone that goes to these should be aware of the risks. Same as I did. The concerts and parties I went to were based on my own decision. The organizer presented me with the risks and there was nothing bad about it. So no, if you worry about people dying of hunger, drop the muzzle, engage in civil disobedience, challenge all the anti-pandemic measures in courts and get out in the streets to protest and bring down the governments who enact such insanities.

I know, it is easier to be a sheep in a cog, doing what most people do, lamenting that you are powerless. But that is not the mentality of someone living in a free country. Of someone that know liberty and human rights have no value and must not be the subject of government interference. In my country, in less than 1 year, through relentless lobby and propaganda, we brought down the ruling party from 47% in polls to 25%. They were forced to make coalitions with parties where they had to make concessions. As such, although restrictions are still in place, nobody respects them anymore, nor anyone is trying to visibly enforce them. Police is now only giving warnings, not fines. How is this possible? We've been through dictatorships and we know how it is when life seems like an endless siege. This covid is nothing compared to that. Freedom is more important.
15.01.2021 - 00:03
no one
All those dumb sheep wanting to slow the spread and save lives until there's a vaccine, so stupid
----
Unable to connect to the database
15.01.2021 - 00:29
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by no one on 15.01.2021 at 00:03

All those dumb sheep wanting to slow the spread and save lives until there's a vaccine, so stupid

Tell me about it. If only we could go back to the freedom of the dark ages and have a third to a half of us die of the plague. Now that's what I call freedom.
----
15.01.2021 - 09:32

Uhuh. And they succeeded. NOT! How about we just admit that you guys failed? Rather than persevere with a mistake, better admit like a man that it failed and cut it down.
15.01.2021 - 09:35
Written by Metren on 15.01.2021 at 00:29

Tell me about it. If only we could go back to the freedom of the dark ages and have a third to a half of us die of the plague. Now that's what I call freedom.

That wouldn't be bad. But in all honesty, if you even remotely think that cough19 is as bad as plague, cholera, smallpox or typhus, then you are as much of a loon (or a shill) as those who claim that the virus is a hoax. Cough19 is not even as bad as the Spanish flu. Which compared to the aforementioned was mild.

I do ponder though... if we had such a disproportionate reaction to a more severe form of a flu like cough19, how would we behave if we had to face a plague not necessarily of the magnitude it had in the mid 14th century, but in its subsequent outbreaks. I shudder to think. Especially since hysteria has become more often and more erratic in the last couple of decades. In the past there used to be like 1 per decade. Now you have like 1 per year.
15.01.2021 - 11:28
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Corona is some kind flu virus, just to others we have vaccins, if we wouk not have deaths be much higher.
Same time dont trust media, in sweden if you died in car accident or k idé wound, they test you positivte, death would be Covid-19 not real reason of death, so statist lies often.
----

apos;'
[image]
15.01.2021 - 12:19
Zap
Written by Hyamendacil1450 on 15.01.2021 at 09:35

I do ponder though... if we had such a disproportionate reaction to a more severe form of a flu like cough19, how would we behave if we had to face a plague not necessarily of the magnitude it had in the mid 14th century, but in its subsequent outbreaks.

This scares me as well, and not enough people, especially people in government, are talking about it. I hear or read much too often that "once enough people are vaccinated we can go back to normal." Yes, but for how long? And how bad will the next pandemic be? "Normal" is what caused this situation so why do we want to go back? Experts have warned for years that one of the greatest dangers* to us is a pandemic and little to no action has been taken to prevent one.

Covid-19 is a symptom of a greater set of problems and right now everyone is focused on treating this symptom. But the issues remain; a big one of them being the way we treat and interact with animals, allowing for viruses to spread. This isn't exclusive to China. Sure, wet markets are an issue, but a similar or worse virus could have easily come from Europe or America, just look at what happened recently in The Netherlands with the mink farms. Our focus should be on treating this disease, but an even greater focus should be on re-evaluating how we live. If we do end up going back to "normal" it is only a matter of time before a new and worse virus shows up.

If we are aren't going to address the root problems, then we need a way to deal with new diseases other than waiting for a vaccine, because the current state of affairs is unsustainable. At the start of March everyone was on board for the first lockdown here in Ireland. The message was "flatten the curve" and it was clear. But flattening the curve also meant that we were making time for the healthcare system to catch up, for a track and trace to be implemented, for the government to make a plan on how to live with this thing. But very little has happened in all regards. We haven't learned to live with this, we have been in and out of lockdown since March, waiting for a vaccine. Of course, the government are just people and they might be trying their best, and no one knows what the "correct" thing to do is in this situation, but neither a solution to the issues that caused this situation in the first place nor a way to deal with the symptoms is being presented. Without a vaccine there is no way out of this mess with how things are being handled currently.

On the other hand, it seems that the most effective measures are also the ones that infringe the most on our freedoms and/or privacy. I'm thinking of Singapore for example, they had a very effective first reaction to the virus (I don't know how they are currently doing) because they would find and identify cases before they could spread. That track and trace system couldn't have been implemented as easily in most Western countries because it'd mean being under near-constant surveillance, which at the time wouldn't have sat well with the people. (Right now, I'm not so sure as many people would be opposed to it.) So again, it's unclear what the right thing to do is here.

As a sidenote, I don't agree with you that Covid-19 is just a flu/cough. It is not comparable to the plague, but it is contagious and severe enough that Italy's healthcare system was overloaded in weeks when no real restrictions were imposed aside from public health recommendations (wash your hands, keep a safe distance, that kind of thing.) People can't be trusted to take protective measures by themselves, unfortunately.

I realize my rant is very much centered on Europe, I'm not caught up on the rest of the world as much.

*guess what else experts are constantly warning about that little/not enough action is being taken against?
15.01.2021 - 13:50
Written by Irritable Ted on 15.01.2021 at 13:04

I come to this website to escape the constant barrage of misery and lack of hope for the future. The news is now a no go zone for me.

Now Metalstorm is becoming the same. I'm going to avoid the forum for a while till the mood lightens.

You know that you can just ignore this thread, rather than the whole forum. Just saying.