Metal Storm logo
Coronavirus

Original post

Posted by Cynic Metalhead, 11.03.2020 - 22:17
For those who haven't come to know what is Coronavirus(COVID-19) - it's a contagious disease caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome. The cause of the coronavirus outbreak first emerged in Wuhan, China.

So far Coronavirus has infected more than 115,800 people killing over 4,200 worldwide. It resulted in World Health Organisation (WHO) declaring the coronavirus outbreak a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). And today, the WHO declared the outbreak to be a pandemic.

Initially, we have been indulged SARS(Severe acute respiratory syndrome) outbreaks like in 2002-2003 in Northern China that resulted in 8000+ cases mainly in China and Hong Kong. Similarly, MERS Coronavirus outbreak originated in Saudi Arabia in 2015 spouted devastated casualties routed to South Korea have not been entirely eliminated, but it has never been a pandemic.

What we though witnessed to the WORST CASE of pandemic was in 1918-1919 Spanish Flu that infected 500 million people around the world. Another in 2009 H1N1(Swine Flu) affected approx. 575,000 deaths that were later termed as "mild" pandemic. There is smatter of such cases that occurred in different timelines.

My question is,

Do you think Coronavirus to be a really a pandemic? Or Is it just another case stacked to likes of H1N1, Ebola, Bird flu etc?

Discuss.
16.01.2021 - 20:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Irritable Ted on 15.01.2021 at 13:04

I come to this website to escape the constant barrage of misery and lack of hope for the future. The news is now a no go zone for me.

Now Metalstorm is becoming the same. I'm going to avoid the forum for a while till the mood lightens.

What has it to do whit corona
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.01.2021 - 22:08
no one
Written by Bad English on 16.01.2021 at 20:34

Written by Irritable Ted on 15.01.2021 at 13:04

I come to this website to escape the constant barrage of misery and lack of hope for the future. The news is now a no go zone for me.

Now Metalstorm is becoming the same. I'm going to avoid the forum for a while till the mood lightens.

What has it to do whit corona

The spread of the conspiracy theorist disease in the news of late is similar to covid
----
Unable to connect to the database
17.01.2021 - 13:03
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Zap on 15.01.2021 at 12:19
As a sidenote, I don't agree with you that Covid-19 is just a flu/cough. It is not comparable to the plague, but it is contagious and severe enough that Italy's healthcare system was overloaded in weeks when no real restrictions were imposed aside from public health recommendations (wash your hands, keep a safe distance, that kind of thing.) People can't be trusted to take protective measures by themselves, unfortunately.

Anyone saying that Covid-19 is just a flu/cough without working in a hospital can just go fuck a goat for all I care. Ignorant, arrogant assholes.
People easily relate everything towards themselves so if they had a mild case it's obvious they would be all "it's nothing". But others get royally fucked and it's something people can only understand once they see it with their own eyes. It's the fact that it spreads so easy and fast that is the real danger here, not the general severity of it. "Oh but it's their job to take care of themselves". Not all people CAN do that. It seriously blows my mind that people's brains work like that.

I'm against the way the Swedish goverment has fucked over the economy of the restaurant, pub, music and art industry while keeping malls and similar stores a free game. It sends all kinds of wrong signals and in the end it didn't help at all. It would have been far better to focus exclusively on elderly homes and public transportation while restricting opening hours for big malls. We don't even have a a system for fines because thre are no rules. Just "recommendations" to wear a mask. It took the goverment almost a full year since the pandemic started to properly create a "pandemic law" that gives the goverment power to close down malls or other large establishments.

That is the negative side of too much freedom: That when you really need to do something fast for an urgent situation, it drags on and on because "the malls are under a different legislation than restaurants and bars and blablabla".

So the same way I have no problems in blasting on the goverment for inefficient and too loose laws, I also go against the public because of their total lack of comprehension. Their active denial and inhability to take care or wanting to take care of themselves or others. That's why I'm in favor of a vaccine because people outside of the health care system are simply not capable to help stop the spread or understand how their behaviour is undesirable for the population.

The trend over here is clear though: The younger cases are gaining much more momentum.
"Oh but I know the risks and I'll be fine".
I don't give a rat ass about most young cases. But I do care about the bad cases that he/she will most likely create through negligence to follow simple rules and I have to pay up for it through my work.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
17.01.2021 - 13:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by X-Ray Rod on 17.01.2021 at 13:03

I'm against the way the Swedish goverment has fucked over the economy of the restaurant, pub, music and art industry while keeping malls and similar stores a free game. It sends all kinds of wrong signals and in the end it didn't help at all. It would have been far better to focus exclusively on elderly homes and public transportation while restricting opening hours for big malls. We don't even have a a system for fines because thre are no rules. Just "recommendations" to wear a mask. It took the goverment almost a full year since the pandemic started to properly create a "pandemic law" that gives the goverment power to close down malls or other large establishments.

That is the negative side of too much freedom: That when you really need to do something fast for an urgent situation, it drags on and on because "the malls are under a different legislation than restaurants and bars and blablabla".

So the same way I have no problems in blasting on the goverment for inefficient and too loose laws, I also go against the public because of their total lack of comprehension. Their active denial and inhability to take care or wanting to take care of themselves or others. That's why I'm in favor of a vaccine because people outside of the health care system are simply not capable to help stop the spread or understand how their behaviour is undesirable for the population.

The trend over here is clear though: The younger cases are gaining much more momentum.
"Oh but I know the risks and I'll be fine".
I don't give a rat ass about most young cases. But I do care about the bad cases that he/she will most likely create through negligence to follow simple rules and I have to pay up for it through my work.

Then you live on wrong side of Sweden, in Jokkmokk, Porjus life goes on as before, and after Covid-19.
I Want hard lock down in big cities, shopping centrets, bars and so on, because ppl dont respect recomemdations. I was on Luleå fick mon did gave s shit whit 2m. Smsller towns as Lycksele, Arvidsjaur, Arjeplog, Jokkmokk, kvikkjokk, even Boden 2m respect was good. Culture life, shopping did not stuffer here in a north 95% durvuvrd and fre shoppas would die in a year if no corona.

I have 3 days left to say to my boss if i take vaccinet. I will get at it in this friday. Most i care is not get feber, because if i be sick i lose first days OB.

I wanted be sjukskriven to ride a snow mobile.

I think we should pay 500 for vaccie, it should not be free. 95% of swedes has money to pay. Not free vaccinet to punkish ppl as they did not respect Anders T. Recomemdations.

Norge and Suomi did much better, but life in north has no affected. 5min ride i am in a forest, 30min ride i am lost in a deep forest. Just saying.
Corona did not change my life only once i could not getbin apoteket to get my dead lunga medicine. I need to wait 3minutes to get in because 8 personer can be in. In bolaget in Jokkmokk i did wait 5min. Boat Times i was so pissed and angry, dont like waiting.
----

apos;'
[image]
17.01.2021 - 14:06
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
I live in Helsingborg, Skåne (third largest region). One of the places that has been hit the hardest in Sweden in relation to the total population. A lot of legislations hav been put into place around here but nothing like a lockdown. It's unfortuantely a little too late.
----
Rod, let me love you.
17.01.2021 - 14:29
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by X-Ray Rod on 17.01.2021 at 14:06

I live in Helsingborg, Skåne (third largest region). One of the places that has been hit the hardest in Sweden in relation to the total population. A lot of legislations hav been put into place around here but nothing like a lockdown. It's unfortuantely a little too late.

O Yes i was affected when bolaget shyt down online små partiet order. I was so pissed.
For you its different in a big city, and so on, Luleå, Skellefteå, Umeå has been hitted hard as well. Our hospitals are over full, staff is burn out. I wish goverment give them 200 000 or more as one time paymant. I cant see lung doctor, either.
I did work over time got on, kval 30 000 k this summer, will burn it as skoter fuel. But imo i am less affected person in ms from thid unless Troy lives in middle of Canada. I wish vacccines for folk would Come asap, that we can open again whole as it was before.
Should I take it, hmmm dunno, maybe.
----

apos;'
[image]
17.01.2021 - 21:32
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
So today they announced vaccination is going to begin in brazil. I've heard that so many times I don't know if I believe it or not tho...
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
19.01.2021 - 00:58
Zap

Anyone saying that Covid-19 is just a flu/cough without working in a hospital can just go fuck a goat for all I care.

Not sure if you misunderstood my comment or if I misunderstood yours but just to be clear I wasn't saying that at all.

As for the rest I almost fully agree. I would like to add though that it's easier now to say "this wasn't the correct way to go" in retrospect than at the time when no one really knew how bad this virus was.
19.01.2021 - 01:03
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by Zap on 19.01.2021 at 00:58

Anyone saying that Covid-19 is just a flu/cough without working in a hospital can just go fuck a goat for all I care.

Not sure if you misunderstood my comment or if I misunderstood yours but just to be clear I wasn't saying that at all.

As for the rest I almost fully agree. I would like to add though that it's easier now to say "this wasn't the correct way to go" in retrospect than at the time when no one really knew how bad this virus was.

Nah nah. I know you didn't. I guess I just quoted you because that part of your comment kickstarted my trail of thought. You definitely don't need to fuck a goat.
----
Rod, let me love you.
19.01.2021 - 01:09
Zap
Written by X-Ray Rod on 19.01.2021 at 01:03

You definitely don't need to fuck a goat.

Thank God, who knows what kind of diseases I could end up spreading...
19.01.2021 - 01:30
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Zap on 19.01.2021 at 01:09

Written by X-Ray Rod on 19.01.2021 at 01:03

You definitely don't need to fuck a goat.

Thank God, who knows what kind of diseases I could end up spreading...

Maybe you would create a highly contagious virus that inflicts severe acute respiratory problems and start a pandemic.
----
- Reimu Hakurei
20.01.2021 - 12:29
ZachPoch
I am so tired of this pandemic. Please, let's end it
20.01.2021 - 20:30
no one
We don't have it here and I don't notice until I start thinking about international acts coming here. I'm not actually sure why they don't come here and just do the 2 weeks quarantine, surely it would be less boring and make more money than shitty live streams.
----
05.02.2021 - 14:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I British shape 73 said about need to show vaccine pass, might happen in Sweden.
Swedish border is close (not to those who works in Nor, Fin, Den or Swe, citizens (2 weeks quarantine) and refuges). Not for goods trafficking. Its more Airport, feries, but there are 1500km border between Swe and Nor, feel free forest and some rouds. Nevermind, they said all what has vaccine might happen smaller summer fest and parties. But same time those who has no vaccine, well nobody can stop you travel, attend, but maybe buying tickets at doors, flying, crossing border you need vaccine pass. I believe it will happen, and life returns normal after 5 years. in EU maybe next year, but then .... well seems we will have this shit for ever
----

apos;'
[image]
24.02.2021 - 01:16
Heavy Metta
On Monday our Prime Minister laid out his roadmap out of lockdown. I know I am a fool for believing that it will all go well, but I have to hold hope! So, he hope that June/July will mean no (or little) restrictions. I hope so. I want to see my family and friends, go hiking, and I have festivals in August. I hope that in August I will be sat in a field with lots of metalheads drinking beer!
----
Last Gig: Max & Igor Cavalera (w/ Conan)
Upcoming (maybe): In Flames, Parkway Drive, Bloodstock Festival, Arctangent Festival, Damnation Festival 2021, Meshuggah, and 2 Orange Goblin livestreams
24.02.2021 - 10:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Heavy Metta on 24.02.2021 at 01:16

On Monday our Prime Minister laid out his roadmap out of lockdown. I know I am a fool for believing that it will all go well, but I have to hold hope! So, he hope that June/July will mean no (or little) restrictions. I hope so. I want to see my family and friends, go hiking, and I have festivals in August. I hope that in August I will be sat in a field with lots of metalheads drinking beer!

Was it Boris boy or Nikola Sturgeon.
----

apos;'
[image]
24.02.2021 - 13:22
Heavy Metta
Written by Bad English on 24.02.2021 at 10:26

Written by Heavy Metta on 24.02.2021 at 01:16

Was it Boris boy or Nikola Sturgeon.

It was Bullshit Boris. Still, I live in hope!
----
Last Gig: Max & Igor Cavalera (w/ Conan)
Upcoming (maybe): In Flames, Parkway Drive, Bloodstock Festival, Arctangent Festival, Damnation Festival 2021, Meshuggah, and 2 Orange Goblin livestreams
12.04.2021 - 10:31
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Well, the situation in India gotten worse. Government is reluctant to pull the lockdown seeing our economy has somehow revived in a year.

This is the 2nd string of COVID taken India by a heavy storm. We on the verge of a nationwide lockdown.

https://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-coronavirus-live-updates-vaccine-maharashtra-lockdown-tika-utsav-pm-modi-7268496/

Believe in Science. Take care, folks.
12.04.2021 - 23:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 12.04.2021 at 10:31

Well,

Believe in Science. Take care, folks.

Will you say it in public in India? I believe 90% believes in Buda, vishna, ghuru, and all of those 6 hand gods. Only difference between Christianity, and 2 Middle East soap bubbles are you guys in India did do ding dong hole in a way how in Kamasutra.
----

apos;'
[image]
24.04.2021 - 21:38
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
India is going through the worst phase ever.

Every 2nd house near me has a covid isolated patient. I don't know how many dead bodies went in front of me in Hindu ritual. Cremation centers are running out. People doing funeral in between the road. Everything is a mess here.
25.04.2021 - 00:19
no one
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 24.04.2021 at 21:38

Every 2nd house near me has a covid isolated patient. I don't know how many dead bodies went in front of me in Hindu ritual. Cremation centers are running out. People doing funeral in between the road. Everything is a mess here.

Wow!

Any anti vax protests?
----
25.04.2021 - 10:15
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Written by no one on 25.04.2021 at 00:19

Any anti vax protests?

The atmosphere in India is dreadful.

We are running out of hospitals, doctors, surgeons, nurses, testing centers. It's a fucking massacre.

No one thinking of any possibility of protest regarding vaccines developed by Bharat Biotech.

All you see is cremation centers developing in newer areas. India hit the worst.

And yet our Prime Minister not in a mood to pull the lockdown due to the snail economy.
25.04.2021 - 11:00
no one
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 25.04.2021 at 10:15

Any anti vax protests?

The atmosphere in India is dreadful.

We are running out of hospitals, doctors, surgeons, nurses, testing centers. It's a fucking massacre.

No one thinking of any possibility of protest regarding vaccines developed by Bharat Biotech.

All you see is cremation centers developing in newer areas. India hit the worst.

And yet our Prime Minister not in a mood to pull the lockdown due to the snail economy.

Yeah sorry it was just a bit of dark humor running through my head as I remembered some people in town here protesting the other day. People probably so distant from the harsh reality of it.
----
14.05.2021 - 22:47
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos

Any anti vax protests?

Ha! In Brazil you see those all the time

Yesterday I saw in the news an episode where the police was breaking illegal raves apart and on the scene they showed there was a girl at the party shouting "this disease doesn't exist!"
----
- Reimu Hakurei
15.05.2021 - 10:49
no one
Written by Karlabos on 14.05.2021 at 22:47

Any anti vax protests?

Ha! In Brazil you see those all the time

Yesterday I saw in the news an episode where the police was breaking illegal raves apart and on the scene they showed there was a girl at the party shouting "this disease doesn't exist!"

I can understand it in NZ but Brazil that kind of seems bizarre
----
31.08.2021 - 12:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
What is you thoughts about mandatory vaccine?

I think we need have it mandatory, to open on full, our economy and also social life re opens 100% as before, we need get vaccine, Our health care are over burn, staff are over burn, many sick people needs help, can not get because no personal. We have chance to be free, many dont want. % what dont want are to large. IMO those people who dont want should be ''discriminated'' Full vaccinated can go to sport, movies, travel abroad, bars, restraints. Like in France, even job loss can be accepted if you dont have it. We need mandatory vaccine.
----

apos;'
[image]
28.09.2021 - 20:14
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Bad English on 31.08.2021 at 12:32

We need mandatory vaccine.

As much as we need mandatory bee suits.

----
My vision is augmented
29.09.2021 - 17:00
Starvynth
i c deaf people
Staff
Written by Joppe on 28.09.2021 at 20:14

Great video for people who believe (and want others to believe) that bee stings are as contagious as covid. For everyone else, it's just a very lame and not particularly smart comparison.
----
signatures = SPAM
29.09.2021 - 18:14
Zap
False equivalences seem to reign supreme among arguments against Covid measures/vaccines.
29.09.2021 - 18:43
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Starvynth on 29.09.2021 at 17:00

Written by Joppe on 28.09.2021 at 20:14

Great video for people who believe (and want others to believe) that bee stings are as contagious as covid. For everyone else, it's just a very lame and not particularly smart comparison.

Believing applies to CovAIDS being contagious as well, as well as to any virus being contagious. Contagion is just a theory from a long time ago.
----
My vision is augmented