Metal Storm logo
Homosexuality

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 04.09.2007 - 00:51
There was a thread about this a long time ago, but it was locked due to the people posting there being incompetent. This is a very touchy subject, I know, but I want people to at least attempt to act in a civilized matter when discussing this. Flamewars are forbidden, and anyone attempting to start a flamewar will be doused in a chemical bath. With all of this out of the way, let's discuss our views on this subject.

Personally, I have no quarrels with someone being gay, or even bisexual for that matter. To each his own. They are not the monsters that religions make them out to be. They walk, talk, and think just like anyone else, and they have a great plethora of ideas to contribute to society. They are also just as intelligent as everyone else, and they have the same concerns and worries as any other person. As a real life example, my mother's hair dresser (who is also my hair dresser, which explains why my hair is so beautiful) is gay, but he is quite the upstanding fellow, and is quite intelligent. In short, I greatly respect the gay community and I wish to see them claim the same rights as everyone else.

Discussion starts... now.
16.10.2007 - 12:56
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by APOHAKC on 09.09.2007 at 04:25

And yes, it pose threat to me, I don't want to spent an hour of my evening explaining to some guy that I actually don't want his cock in my ass.

Written by Ernis on 09.09.2007 at 21:24

Just to say to those people who say that gays don't hurt anyone....sorry but if a horny gay comes and starts to hit on you and is willing to beat the shit out of you if you refuse to please him then this is bad.....

Yes, and I'm sure these are regular, everyday occurences.

Idiots.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
16.10.2007 - 15:52
Hyvaarin
Written by -tom- on 16.10.2007 at 12:56

And yes, it pose threat to me, I don't want to spent an hour of my evening explaining to some guy that I actually don't want his cock in my ass.

Just to say to those people who say that gays don't hurt anyone....sorry but if a horny gay comes and starts to hit on you and is willing to beat the shit out of you if you refuse to please him then this is bad.....

Idiots.

Holy shit I totally missed those two.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
16.10.2007 - 22:51
Templar_Knight
Account deleted
And how many straight guys rape girls and beat them down?
17.10.2007 - 12:24
Fuath
i myself am bisexual and have been in both male and female relationships, so yeh not entirely gay, but there is nothing wrong with being gay or homosexual, u should be happy with wat u like, or y like it, wat i really hate is; there are some people who think it is fun to pick on these people because they like the same sex, these people are absolute faggots themselves, i get this shit all the time at school, we r all humans and we all live on the same planet, y do we prolong the suffering of others for our own selfish purposes??
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

19.10.2007 - 05:26
Deus Ex Machina
I hate to play the age card, but if you're really 15, how many serious relationships with both genders could you have had? I'm not saying you didn't, i just find it hard to believe that someone as young as 15 can be sure that he/she will still feel the same way in 15 years.
I keep thinking of how drastically people change going from 15 to 20.
Yet, on the other hand. People who are gay or bi usually say they've always known. So i guess it's a matter of either growing out of the phase, because i guess it CAN be a phase or it being the real thing.
Ah well, i guess if you know... you know.
19.10.2007 - 06:18
TDFX
There is way too many people under 18 claiming to be bisexual. I simply refuse to believe that. I mean for fuck's sake at this rate the human race will cease to exist pretty soon because people are sexing the wrong kind. I can't say that I'm for or against homosexuality, but you have to deal with the fact - it's an abnormality. And I find it very unfortunate that lately it has been getting heavily advertised by the media. Add to that the fact that most teens have trouble deciding about what they want to be and simple attention whoring and you have every other kid who hasn't even finished middle school, but was in many very 'serious' relationships claim that they're gay/bisexual. I personally find that very damn silly and annoying. :-\
----
Last.fm
19.10.2007 - 13:40
Fuath
well thats the thing, i have had many boy friends and girl friends, and at the moment, i am bisexual, and like mentioned before, i could grow out of it, but as yet, i havent, it isnt abnormal as such to like someone of the same sex or both sexes, its almost like telling someone theyr abnormal because they like the colour green and not red, over all it is a matter of preference, not difference, but yes, things may change
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

19.10.2007 - 13:57
baldur
Written by TDFX on 19.10.2007 at 06:18

Add to that the fact that most teens have trouble deciding about what they want to be and simple attention whoring and you have every other kid who hasn't even finished middle school, but was in many very 'serious' relationships claim that they're gay/bisexual. I personally find that very damn silly and annoying. :-\

yeah man thats just ridiculous!!
19.10.2007 - 14:08
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by TDFX on 19.10.2007 at 06:18

There is way too many people under 18 claiming to be bisexual. I simply refuse to believe that. I mean for fuck's sake at this rate the human race will cease to exist pretty soon because people are sexing the wrong kind. I can't say that I'm for or against homosexuality, but you have to deal with the fact - it's an abnormality. And I find it very unfortunate that lately it has been getting heavily advertised by the media. Add to that the fact that most teens have trouble deciding about what they want to be and simple attention whoring and you have every other kid who hasn't even finished middle school, but was in many very 'serious' relationships claim that they're gay/bisexual. I personally find that very damn silly and annoying. :-\

I presume this is because of the more liberal attitudes towards homosexuality of today. When you're a teenager, have hormones flying around and a high sex drive then you're probably quite likely to have at least some thoughts about the same sex. As it's become more acceptable, kids are more likely to talk about their feelings.

Sounds like a good thing to me. I don't believe there's anything morally wrong with homosexuality but there is something morally wrong with expecting people to bottle up their feelings because some people think it's attention-whoring if you don't.

If what you're saying is correct then most of these kids will grow out of it anyway...
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
19.10.2007 - 21:24
Usvakorpi
Account deleted
How do you say homosexluality is abnormal? It's very normal even in nature amongst the animals. Are handicapped ppl also abnormal to you for exemple?

To me someone liking the same sex is ok, as far as they won't make a big deal of it.
20.10.2007 - 19:57
TDFX
Written by Guest on 19.10.2007 at 21:24

How do you say homosexluality is abnormal? It's very normal even in nature amongst the animals. Are handicapped ppl also abnormal to you for exemple?

I don't quite agree with you. What is the percentage of occurrences of homosexuality in nature? Statistically and biologically it IS abnormal. I'm not sure if I would put handicapped people in the same category though, because it's not really the same thing.
----
Last.fm
20.10.2007 - 20:15
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by TDFX on 20.10.2007 at 19:57

I don't quite agree with you. What is the percentage of occurrences of homosexuality in nature? Statistically and biologically it IS abnormal. I'm not sure if I would put handicapped people in the same category though, because it's not really the same thing.

You claim that homosexuality is abnormal despite the fact that great civilizations such as Greece, Persia, and Rome have rich homosexual and bisexual histories. Back then, homosexuality/bisexuality was all the norm, sometimes even exonerated. It was the religious officials of the Judeo-Christo-Islamic belief systems that decried these acts as abnormal.
20.10.2007 - 20:38
TDFX
Written by Ernis on 20.10.2007 at 20:13

Well but handicap's also an abnormality.....for instance if someone loses his hand in an accident or if one's face is horribly disfigured or if anyone has whatever kind of distortion or anything similar....can it be said that the body of this person is NORMAL? Can it be said that everything's all right with it? A girl was burnt and as a result she lost her eyelids....she needed water to be artificially dropped into the eye sockets to keep the eyeballs moist because she didn't have SKIN any more.....is that NORMAL? No....this is not normal....

So, case closed...thing's proved....handicapped person is not normal....a healthy person is normal....but already the word "handicapped" indicates there must be something out of place....of course...this doesn't mean the person's a bad person.....but you can use the word "normal" only if something is normal.....

And of course....things like genetically normal, physically normal, mentally normal etc....there is a difference.....

Touche. The reason why I didn't want to put them in one box, so to speak, is because handicapped people actually suffer from their handicaps. But you are right.

@Insineratehymn:
Those great civilizations were also built on slave labor, so should we encourage that too?
----
Last.fm
20.10.2007 - 20:47
Remus
Yeah, i'm totally cool with gay people! It's their choice - it shouldn't concern others.
"Will & Grace" was excellent!

I've also never been hit on by any guys so i don't know how hard it would be to tell them off, but i'm sure if you tell the guy that that's not your thing then he'll leave you alone.

@ Nervel: hey man, just give me a shout when you're done shooting that "one video"
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
20.10.2007 - 20:47
Ernis
狼獾
Written by Guest on 20.10.2007 at 20:15

great civilizations such as Greece

Not to mention the slave labour these great civilisations were also so highly thinking of themselves that they called anyone who didn't speak their language, barbarians...."barbar" basically means "gibberish"...and as you all know, Greeks thought that only Greek was the language of human beings(or Latin in Rome) and all those who didn't belong to their culture were labelled as non-human....that's called racial discrimination....should this be a thing to be proud of.....

PS....didn't make this thing up, I'm studying cultural semiotics at school and this was the subject some weeks ago so you're after touching my tender point.....
20.10.2007 - 20:50
Remus
Written by TDFX on 20.10.2007 at 20:38

@Insineratehymn:
Those great civilizations were also built on slave labor, so should we encourage that too?

Slave labour hurts people. Enslaving someone is totally not cool.

But if you saw two guys kissing on a bench, you wouldn't be that devastated, would you? Just look away...
----
Procrastinate, NOW!
20.10.2007 - 21:05
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Whether it's "natural" or not is irrelevant. You're using a computer, right? Harnassing electricity and flowing it through metal cables to power your computer isn't natural.

So what exactly is your point? Let's suppose it is "unnatural". Is it morally wrong because it's "unnatural"?

Seriously, I see this same argument all the time and it's makes no sense whatsoever unless you define natural and unnatural in moral terms which no one ever does. Using the word 'natural' in discussions about homosexuality is the equivalent of using the word 'blasphemous' in a discussion about creationism and evolution.
----

Read Watchmen.
21.10.2007 - 01:54
Usvakorpi
Account deleted

Okay, my point was that as homosexual animals for exemple are minority in the nature compared to heterosexuals we also accept many other minority groups. I admit that my argument was not very good... And I can't give you any statistics about that, you have to find it by your self. Then if you base your opinion on the fact that two ppl of the same sex can't have children and so you think it's wrong... How can you assume the nature being perfect? Nature does not work logically and there occur a great number of errors. Some ppl who are heterosexuals can't have children. So do you count them too in the same cathegory? I hope you understand what I try to say... I'm just so tired.
21.10.2007 - 03:25
Oracle
Orcinus
Im cool with homosexuality. i mean its the persons choice if the want to be gay or not. no one should stop them. a few of my friends are gay or lesbian and it doesnt bother me because they are still the same person. i mean ive been friends with them before i found out they were gay and it didnt bother me one bit.
21.10.2007 - 06:06
TDFX
Written by Guest on 21.10.2007 at 01:54

Okay, my point was that as homosexual animals for exemple are minority in the nature compared to heterosexuals we also accept many other minority groups. I admit that my argument was not very good... And I can't give you any statistics about that, you have to find it by your self. Then if you base your opinion on the fact that two ppl of the same sex can't have children and so you think it's wrong... How can you assume the nature being perfect? Nature does not work logically and there occur a great number of errors. Some ppl who are heterosexuals can't have children. So do you count them too in the same cathegory? I hope you understand what I try to say... I'm just so tired.

I do see your point. I simply stated my opinion that I don't find it natural. It is not up to me to decide what's right or wrong. Especially considering the fact that it's not something one can just change like a habit. I have no hostility towards gay people, but it's definitely not something I would support either. And I think nature is chaotic, which is not the same as illogical. ;-)
----
Last.fm
21.10.2007 - 09:57
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
My IMO are I suport official cristian church opinium and attitude about this think, specely chatolic and ORTODOX specely no gay mariage, its like ppl who done sucide wont be burried in church sematery and nobody wont pray for soul same in this case.
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
21.10.2007 - 11:23
Usvakorpi
Account deleted
Written by TDFX on 21.10.2007 at 06:06

Written by Guest on 21.10.2007 at 01:54

I do see your point. I simply stated my opinion that I don't find it natural. It is not up to me to decide what's right or wrong. Especially considering the fact that it's not something one can just change like a habit. I have no hostility towards gay people, but it's definitely not something I would support either. And I think nature is chaotic, which is not the same as illogical. ;-)

Fine then . I understand your opinion yet I think a bit differently... Nice to hear someone others thoughts.
21.10.2007 - 18:49
TDFX
Written by Bad English on 21.10.2007 at 09:57

My IMO are I suport official cristian church opinium and attitude about this think, specely chatolic and ORTODOX specely no gay mariage, its like ppl who done sucide wont be burried in church sematery and nobody wont pray for soul same in this case.

Yet as far as I know, gay people are not excommunicated from most churches? I find that very ironic.

By the way, spellchecker is your friend.
----
Last.fm
21.10.2007 - 19:12
Hyvaarin
Written by TDFX on 21.10.2007 at 18:49

Haha dude, you've got a looooooot to learn about K7. Don't hold your breath expectin' good spellin'/grammar.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
21.10.2007 - 19:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Yet as far as I know, gay people are not excommunicated from most churches? I find that very ironic.

Go to Ellada and Serbia and Aremania my friend and you will see.. and I dont know what are the diference between gay and homosecualy but i know gay13 (ask iaberis about it) and nobody wont change my opinium,
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.11.2007 - 03:13
APOHAKC
The Bard
Written by -tom- on 16.10.2007 at 12:56

Idiots.

Happened to me, one time is more than enough
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
07.11.2007 - 19:44
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite

First, Ex-Communication is only something the Roman Catholic church enforces, and in fact, means about as much as a pile a 5 week old dog crap. They can not let you into a church build, but they can't keep you from being a member of God's Church.

Second, here in America there are many homosexual church leaders, not just members, but leaders.

P.S. K7's spelling or misspelling is just part of Metalstorm. I think if K7 actually wrote something correctly the internet would blow up.
----
(space for rent)
14.11.2007 - 18:49
Anomander
Account deleted
Written by APOHAKC on 04.09.2007 at 01:32

Third, we are suffering from white plague, even fool knows that they can't have kids, and with so low natality the last thing we need is a lot of homosexuals who can't give anything to society in that matter, they can't have kids, and one one couples of male homosexuals, and one couple of female could give at least 3-4 healthy babies.

I'm afraid I don't quite understand what white plague means....
14.11.2007 - 19:11
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
This was written by a friend of mine and published in Kuwait times Coming Out: A queer Kuwaiti's experience

goes without saying he received threats and hate mail just for writing that, and the article was not even offensive!

I don't get it why people put so much of their time and energy into this matter, gay couples don't bother me, they don't threaten me, so why bother them
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
14.11.2007 - 19:41
Sunioj
Written by Bararey on 14.11.2007 at 19:11

This was written by a friend of mine and published in Kuwait times Coming Out: A queer Kuwaiti's experience

goes without saying he received threats and hate mail just for writing that, and the article was not even offensive!

I really feel sorry for people in more religious societies that are reluctant to come out with their sexuality because of fear of ostracization. Growing up in a muslim town I can say that there are as much closet homosexuals as homosexuals on the secular side of this region. Perhaps even more, many people's sexual drives are played down because of the strict laws of courting and interaction between the two sexes. And this sometimes leads to guys experimenting what they can't do with women, with guys.