Metal Storm logo
Homosexuality

Original post

Posted by Account deleted, 04.09.2007 - 00:51
There was a thread about this a long time ago, but it was locked due to the people posting there being incompetent. This is a very touchy subject, I know, but I want people to at least attempt to act in a civilized matter when discussing this. Flamewars are forbidden, and anyone attempting to start a flamewar will be doused in a chemical bath. With all of this out of the way, let's discuss our views on this subject.

Personally, I have no quarrels with someone being gay, or even bisexual for that matter. To each his own. They are not the monsters that religions make them out to be. They walk, talk, and think just like anyone else, and they have a great plethora of ideas to contribute to society. They are also just as intelligent as everyone else, and they have the same concerns and worries as any other person. As a real life example, my mother's hair dresser (who is also my hair dresser, which explains why my hair is so beautiful) is gay, but he is quite the upstanding fellow, and is quite intelligent. In short, I greatly respect the gay community and I wish to see them claim the same rights as everyone else.

Discussion starts... now.
08.09.2008 - 23:56
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.09.2008 at 18:50

But biologically and socially isn't the same thing. Is biologically wrong because it was meant for us to reproduce ourselves in a male-female way.

True, but oral sex is the same (as there is no reproductive purpose for this) and I've never heard anyone claim that fellatio is wrong and unnatural.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
09.09.2008 - 01:39
Replicant
Anyone with half a brain (maybe being generous) is neutral regarding homosexuality. Those who lack this aren't worth bothering with.
09.09.2008 - 13:41
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I agree with most of you with the topic. Homosexuality shouldn't be an issue at all, we should be more focused on the real problems on our earth right now. But I guess that's how society's mind works these days unfortunately.
Personally I don't have nothing against homosexuality, although I agree with Mr. Doctor: it's biologically wrong for a human being (I'd say it's uncommon, but nature says it's wrong). Of course my open opinion on homosexuality has it's limits against some specific subjects. For example, I don't mind about gay marriage, but there's some subjects like child adoption that I can't agree with. But that's another story. Basically what I mean is: I approve homosexuality, if natural of course, but with some "rules".
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
09.09.2008 - 14:55
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by Dark Blood on 09.09.2008 at 13:41
...I don't mind about gay marriage, but there's some subjects like child adoption that I can't agree with...

You know, I am in favour of letting Catholic heterosexual couples marry and adopt children. It is an injustice and a mistake to try to prevent this.

Catholicism is not a disease. Catholics, although they may look weird to people who dislike them, are normal people and must own the same rights like the rest of us, as if they were technicians or homosexuals.

I am aware about the fact that many Catholics' attitudes could seem strange to us, like e.g. their almost sickly behaviour towards sex. I know that even sometimes, arguments of public salubrity could cone into question, like their dangerous and deliberate rejection of preservatives. In addition, I know that many of their customs such as the public exhibition of tortured men might intimidate and upset some people. Anyway, it should be noted that this is more an imaginery as shown by the media, far from what Catholicism is really about, so it should not be an impediment for Catholics to exercise marriage.

Some people may argue that marriage between Catholics is not real marriage, due to the fact that marriage is for them a ritual and a series of religious precepts between the couple, their imaginary God and the rest of the members who conform their sect, instead of a union between two people.

Moreover, due to the fact that the Catholic Church seriously condems children outside marriage, some people may consider that allowing Catholic marriage shall increase the number of married couples for the show or just for plain sex, which is forbidden by their religion outside marriage, thus contributing to the spread of domestic violence and dysfunctional families. Nevertheless, we have to remember that these phenomena do not only happen to Catholic families and, as we cannot penetrate others' minds, it is wrong to pre-judge their motivations.

In addition, calling a Catholic marriage 'not a marriage' and advocating for giving a different name to it is just a shallow way to avoid debate. No matter whether it is between Catholics, technicians or homosexuals, marriage is still marriage and a family is still a family.

Now the question raises: why am I in favour of allowing Catholic couples to adopt children?

Some shall find Catholic adoption a scandal. Maybe they shall answer with shouts like "Catholics adopting children!? These children might turn Catholic!" When I notice this kind of criticism, I answer: While it is true that children adopted by Catholics have a high probability of becoming Catholics themselves (which does not happen for example to other families mentioned above, e.g. a child adopted by technicians is not likely to become a technician, same for homosexuals) I have already stated why Catholics are people just like you or me.

Despite the opinions of some people, there is no solid evidence which indicates that Catholic parents are less prepared to raise a child, or that the religiously biased atmosphere of a Catholic home is a negative influence for the child. In addition, judges ponder each case individually, and they are responsible for resolving whether the parents who decided to adopt a child are ideal in the child's best interests, no matter whether they are Catholics, technicians or homosexuals.
09.09.2008 - 15:45
-tom-
Mr FancyPants

For example, I don't mind about gay marriage, but there's some subjects like child adoption that I can't agree with.

This is something i was unsure about for some time. Is it important to have both a mother and a father figure? Many psychologists would say so but I haven't seen any evidence that people from single-parent familys are significantly worse off than people who had 2 heterosexual parents and if there was I'd guess that it had more to do with number of parents rather than the lack of a mother or father figure.

Also, no matter how much you overstate the importance of a child having both a mother and father figure, you've got to admit that having a gay couple, who wanted a child enough to actually go out and adopt one, for parents is better than having no parents and living in an orphanage home. In Britain, numerous catholic adoption agencies threatened to shut down if they were not allowed to discriminate against gay couples. I can understand favouring M/F couples but threatening to close down and abandon all responsibility to these children is disgusting. Is this christian behaviour? To favour a bible rule that came from a quote that may have been misinterpreted to actually putting these children in families that care for them?

Written by Taktsekte on 09.09.2008 at 14:55

Some shall find Catholic adoption a scandal. Maybe they shall answer with shouts like "Catholics adopting children!? These children might turn Catholic!" When I notice this kind of criticism, I answer: While it is true that children adopted by Catholics have a high probability of becoming Catholics themselves (which does not happen for example to other families mentioned above, e.g. a child adopted by technicians is not likely to become a technician, same for homosexuals) I have already stated why Catholics are people just like you or me.

I liked your post, by the way.

I don't particularly like this part though. It suggests that it's ok for gay couples to adopt because the child they look after won't necessarily turn out gay. While that's true, I'd say they would be more likely to become gay but what's wrong with that?

Perhaps if gay adoption becomes legal then gay couples will teach their kids to be gay and there will be a higher percentage of homosexuals in the next generation. This will keep happening until everyone in the world is gay and the human race will die out because no one's reproducing. That's what I want. I want the topic of gay adoption put into a black metal context.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
09.09.2008 - 15:51
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Taktsekte on 09.09.2008 at 14:55

You know, I am in favour of letting Catholic heterosexual couples marry and adopt children. It is an injustice and a mistake to try to prevent this.

What you're saying has nothing to do with what we're discussing here..
I'm saying that I don't approve when a child is adopted by a gay couple (doesn't matter if they're catholic, atheist, black, red, whatever). You're talking about straight catholic couples adopting child..
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
09.09.2008 - 15:53
Replicant
I'd rather have homosexual parents than Catholic parents
09.09.2008 - 15:59
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Taktsekte's post is a joke. He took a typical post that might be made in a gay-adoption topic and changed the word 'homosexual' with 'catholic'.

Are you people new to the internet?
----

Read Watchmen.
09.09.2008 - 16:04
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Tak posts has sence,s pecely about love and this one too

About gay parents, sorry dude better realigius parents how gay , because thay would rape your mind more in end you will be like thay , maybe even commit suicide

Image ou take your GF home and she see how you ''parents'' fucking each other in ass , it can traumatise her and your friends too
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.09.2008 - 16:16
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Bad English on 09.09.2008 at 16:04

Image ou take your GF home and she see how you ''parents'' fucking each other in ass , it can traumatise her and your friends too

poor GF!
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
09.09.2008 - 16:25
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by -tom- on 09.09.2008 at 15:45

For example, I don't mind about gay marriage, but there's some subjects like child adoption that I can't agree with.

This is something i was unsure about for some time. Is it important to have both a mother and a father figure? Many psychologists would say so but I haven't seen any evidence that people from single-parent familys are significantly worse off than people who had 2 heterosexual parents and if there was I'd guess that it had more to do with number of parents rather than the lack of a mother or father figure.

Also, no matter how much you overstate the importance of a child having both a mother and father figure, you've got to admit that having a gay couple, who wanted a child enough to actually go out and adopt one, for parents is better than having no parents and living in an orphanage home. In Britain, numerous catholic adoption agencies threatened to shut down if they were not allowed to discriminate against gay couples. I can understand favouring M/F couples but threatening to close down and abandon all responsibility to these children is disgusting. Is this christian behaviour? To favour a bible rule that came from a quote that may have been misinterpreted to actually putting these children in families that care for them?

I don't know many cases of homosexual couples adopting child, so I can't say for sure how important is to have a mother and father figure, but I'd say is pretty much important yeah.. Can you imagine how it would be if you were adopted and raised by a homosexual couple? Would your life be socially the same? I don't think so. Unfortunately in these days you'd be discriminated just because you were put, innocently, in this position.. probably you would be rejected by schools, jobs, not mentioning the church. But it's not just because of society that I'm not approving adoption. I really think it's important to have an affection from both sides as a kid.

As for catholic adoption agencies closing down because of that.. I think it's a bit excessive. Unfortunately that's the way religion works, they are so obsessive with the "book" (most of the times misinterpreted, like you said) that they are willing to destroy years, maybe centuries, of blood sweat and tears.. I call it religious fanaticism.
----
09.09.2008 - 17:33
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
I thought everybody would get the joke, but -tom- had to explain it instead...

"I don't particularly like this part though. It suggests that it's ok for gay couples to adopt because the child they look after won't necessarily turn out gay. While that's true, I'd say they would be more likely to become gay but what's wrong with that?"

There is nothing wrong with that in my mind, but some people do argue that 'previously normal' heterosexual children will 'be corrupted' by their homosexual parents and 'join the dark side' of homosexuality. Which is an absolute nonsense.
09.09.2008 - 17:34
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Replicant on 09.09.2008 at 01:39

Anyone with half a brain (maybe being generous) is neutral regarding homosexuality. Those who lack this aren't worth bothering with.

what about people who aren't gay but are supportive of homosexuals coming out of the closet?
09.09.2008 - 17:36
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by ~Starchild~ on 09.09.2008 at 17:19

Furthermore, I do not think that, if you have gay parents, you will be more likely to be gay. Being a homosexual is not some kind of behaviour you adopt, just because you see it.

Actually there are some cases which people can become homosexual.. I don't know about having gay "parents" but I know some other cases..
----
09.09.2008 - 17:55
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
I don't think it is as black and white as everyone makes it out to be, the dualist remnants of past ideology. I think there is a whole spectrum of sexuality, with different categories for sexual attraction and compassionate love. I believe there are some people who can only be attracted sexually to men, but can only have a lasting relationship with women, and vice versa, because these are two different universes entirely.

I just watched the film "For the Bible Tells Me So (2007)" and highly recommend it if you are interested...

Here is the plot synopsis: Can the love between two people ever be an abomination? Is the chasm separating gays and lesbians and Christianity too wide to cross? Is the Bible an excuse to hate? Winner of the Audience Award for Best Documentary at the Seattle International Film Festival, Dan Karslake's provocative, entertaining documentary brilliantly reconciles homosexuality and Biblical scripture, and in the process reveals that Church-sanctioned anti-gay bias is based almost solely upon a significant (and often malicious) misinterpretation of the Bible. As the film notes, most Christians live their lives today without feeling obliged to kill anyone who works on the Sabbath or eats shrimp (as a literal reading of scripture dictates). Through the experiences of five very normal, very Christian, very American families -- including those of former House Majority Leader Richard Gephardt and Episcopalian Bishop Gene Robinson -- we discover how insightful people of faith handle the realization of having a gay child. Informed by such respected voices as Bishop Desmond Tutu, Harvard's Peter Gomes, Orthodox Rabbi Steve Greenberg and Reverend Jimmy Creech, FOR THE BIBLE TELLS ME SO offers healing, clarity and understanding to anyone caught in the crosshairs of scripture and sexual identity

And the trailer...
09.09.2008 - 18:01
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by ~Starchild~ on 09.09.2008 at 17:44

So what are those "cases"?

Here in Portugal we had a big police case regarding paedophilia. I don't want to get into details. Basically, before this, the child involved were perfectly normal and healthy.. most of them became homosexual and traumatized.
----
09.09.2008 - 18:09
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by Dark Blood on 09.09.2008 at 18:01

Here in Portugal we had a big police case regarding paedophilia. I don't want to get into details. Basically, before this, the child involved were perfectly normal and healthy.. most of them became homosexual and traumatized.

That is a gruesome case of child abuse which has nothing to do with growing in a healthy homosexual family.
09.09.2008 - 18:10
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite

You mean this police case: Link?
09.09.2008 - 18:13
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Taktsekte on 09.09.2008 at 18:09

That is a gruesome case of child abuse which has nothing to do with growing in a healthy homosexual family.

I know. The point of this was to show Starchild that people can actually became homosexual in some cases.
----
09.09.2008 - 18:15
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Introspekrieg on 09.09.2008 at 18:10

You mean this police case: Link?

Yeah that's the one.. A shame for our society..
----
09.09.2008 - 18:21
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by ~Starchild~ on 09.09.2008 at 18:13

Sorry but I think that this issue is a whole different thing and has nothing to do with the actual topic.
Besides, becoming gay because of having been raped sounds like absolute bullshit to me.
Of course they are traumatized, who wouldn't be?? But gay....

I know it has nothing to do with it, I was just giving you an example.
And yes, they became gay..I saw some interviews with some of the actual persons. At the time I couldn't believe it myself, cause I have the same way of thinking, but some actually became gay because of it.
----
09.09.2008 - 19:22
Replicant
Written by Valentin B on 09.09.2008 at 17:34

Written by Replicant on 09.09.2008 at 01:39

what about people who aren't gay but are supportive of homosexuals coming out of the closet?

You're lusting after a male friend, except you're mostly heterosexual. You're supportive hoping that he'll admit he's gay to you and then you can make a move on him.

09.09.2008 - 19:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Starchild - I dont know name but I had seen some cases in some channels where are searis disccussions
such cases exist
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
09.09.2008 - 20:16
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by ~Starchild~ on 08.09.2008 at 23:42

BTW: GENES make a kangaroo white. It has been proved a million times by scientists, just read the explanation on wikipedia:
"Albinism is a form of hypopigmentary congenital disorder, characterized by a partial (in hypomelanism, also known as hypomelanosis) or total (amelanism or amelanosis) lack of melanin pigment in the eyes, skin and hair. Albinism results from inheritance of recessive alleles.

Of course that's a gen thing [I never said the opposite ] I don't need an explanation for that.

Now... Talking about Sexuality. I think it depends on the enviroment MOSTLY [you can't always be 100% sure...]
I don't believe that humans are born to be something. That the bodies already "know" what they are.
It's just a kind of journey... And the enviroment can change everything no matter what do you like or believe.

Edit:
Ahh, I forgot one thing. Although I do believe it's better to have gay parents than living in an orphan completely alone. I do have seen some cases in the newspapers about asking some people if Gay adoption is good or not and one girl actually said:

- I totally disagree, I have gay parents and my childhood was just horrible for that.

Wel... This is just one case, no one can be sure about how things might turn and probably this isn't usual and maybe there's no problem at all .
But to doubt about something is always dangerous. And has always been.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
09.09.2008 - 21:49
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by ~Starchild~ on 09.09.2008 at 21:35

Yes you did:
Written by X-Ray Rod on 08.09.2008 at 23:16

At least THAT is what people usually mean. Because gens, if it has something to do with your sexuality... something that I don't believe, usually don't make a kangaroo white or a child with two asses.
Same goes to sexuality [once again... IF it works like that].

Mmm... I don't see it then.
Becuase I just wrote "Gens usually don't [and are not soppose to do btw] make a kangaroo white."
You missundertood and maybe I explained myself in a wrong way.

Well, that's your opinion, I respect that. But it doesn't make any sense to me.
There is a big problem I have with your theory: If homosexuality is influenced by the environment, why are there thousands of homos, which have to hide themselves because of their parents, neighbours, friends etc who cannot accept them?
Why is my neighbour gay, who had been raised by a father who always hated gay people, wanted him to be a real man, forced him to work and help killing rabbits and cows (he is a butcher) at the age of 6? By far, no-one in his environment wanted him to be so.

And I wrote with big letters: Mostly.
It doesn't need to be like I said. It's a matter of personalities/enviroment/friends.. etc. In other words. Everything can change someone easy and fast.
That's what I meaned. I can't believe the gens already "know" that we're goind to be hetero/bisexual/homosexual before we even get some contact with other human beings.

No-one can promise or say that there will never be a problem.

Unfortunately. People always want some facts that are 100% sure. And that is a big problem.
----
Rod, let me love you.
09.09.2008 - 23:02
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Bad English on 09.09.2008 at 16:04

Tak posts has sence,s pecely about love and this one too

About gay parents, sorry dude better realigius parents how gay , because thay would rape your mind more in end you will be like thay , maybe even commit suicide

10.09.2008 - 03:21
Dark Blood
The Avenger

Well, that's your opinion, I respect that. But it doesn't make any sense to me.
There is a big problem I have with your theory: If homosexuality is influenced by the environment, why are there thousands of homos, which have to hide themselves because of their parents, neighbours, friends etc who cannot accept them?
Why is my neighbour gay, who had been raised by a father who always hated gay people, wanted him to be a real man, forced him to work and help killing rabbits and cows (he is a butcher) at the age of 6? By far, no-one in his environment wanted him to be so.

I quess it can't be either on case or another.. there's certainly the 2 cases of homosexuality: The ones who are influenced in some way; and the others who were born with it.
----
10.09.2008 - 15:21
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
Written by ~Starchild~ on 10.09.2008 at 14:56

Yeah, I get what you are saying and I know you've written mostly. But this sounds even more weird to me.
1. If MOST people were gay because of the environment etc., I think the amount of homosexuals who have to hide is too high. Just think about gays in muslim countries. Any gay person is respected in those countries, but still there are not more or less as in a quite tolerant country like here in Germany.
2. What has happened to the rest of the gay people who are not part of the "most". There must be a different reason for them.

When someone has to think about a big number of persons... It's impossible to give a great explanation. The possibilites are way to much. And that's why every "case" is special to its own.
I'm never 100% sure about what I use to think when it comes to social topics. Because there's always a "but" or a special case that shows something completely different of what someone might think at first.
And one case is enough for me to be forced to give just speculations.

The only thing that seems a bit sure for me is that it's impossible to be gay before you were even born and had any contact with a human being. It jusat seems weird to say the least.

That's exactly what I don't believe. I have never seen a phenomena in nature that had two different reasons.

I agree on that... But, there's always a first time, right?
----
Rod, let me love you.
10.09.2008 - 16:33
Dark Blood
The Avenger

Written by Dark Blood on 10.09.2008 at 03:21

I quess it can't be either on case or another.. there's certainly the 2 cases of homosexuality: The ones who are influenced in some way; and the others who were born with it.

That's exactly what I don't believe. I have never seen a phenomena in nature that had two different reasons.

I've never seen animals of the same species eating each other... We're talking about humans, don't you think we've broken the rules of nature many times? Besides the human brain is a very complex thing.. it can easily makes you see things that are not there (I'm using a metaphor).
----
10.09.2008 - 17:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Dark Blood on 10.09.2008 at 16:33

Written by Dark Blood on 10.09.2008 at 03:21

I've never seen animals of the same species eating each other... We're talking about humans, don't you think we've broken the rules of nature many times? Besides the human brain is a very complex thing.. it can easily makes you see things that are not there (I'm using a metaphor).

There is homosexuality in the animal world as well. Some dogs, cats, etc. are also homosexual.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996