Metal Storm logo
Comedy Metal

12.06.2006 - 02:42
Horlequism
Account deleted
There are bands out there that mix comedy and metal, like Scatterbrain...the lyrics are hillarious and there is a lot of funk...apart from Scatterbrain I really don't know anymore metal bands out there that mix comedy and metal...do you guys?...
12.06.2006 - 03:07
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
GWAR? Green Jello? Rob Zombie?
Of course there are also countless unintentionally funny metal bands...
12.06.2006 - 03:41
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Definitely the funniest band in metal is Macabre. They have songs with gore lyrics to the tune of "In The Army Now," "To Grandmother's House We Go," and even the Oompa Loompa song. I've even seen live footage of them wearing red long-johns and cowboy hats while performing. Check out the lyrics to their album, Dahmer-

http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/macabre/dahmer.html#1
12.06.2006 - 05:41
Horlequism
Account deleted
@jupitreas: Hahahaha...of course! How could I forget man...GWAR! They throw meat at the crowd and have very funny lyrical content...Green Jelllo I have never heard of and I will check them out...Rom Zombie? He has comedy? Well, I have only heard one song by him....Dracula I think it's called...is that funny? not being sarcastic there but I'm just curious...

@pyroleprechaun: Macabre eh? I just looked them up...the band member names are funny: Corporate Death, Nefarious and Dennis The Menace! nursery rhyme sing-song choruses with death metal eh? intruiging...

I'm not sure whether Piledriver from Canada was a comedy-based metal band...I mean, they have song titles like 'Sex With Satan' and 'Aliens Raped The World'...Spinal Tap could probably be noted as a great comedy-themed band because the stuff that's on that This Is Spinal Tap movie is funny as hell...tracing back to Frank Zappa, etc...but I guess that's if you really want to go deep intp the whole comedy and rock/metal thing...
12.06.2006 - 05:43
KryptoN
imperceptible
Zimmer's Hole is pretty funny plus their music is also awesome (heavy/speed/death metal). They remind me of Devin Townsend's stuff. Check out for example songs like:
The Death Of The Resurrection Of The Death Of Metal - My favourite. Hey ma, where are my teeth... can't find my goddamn teeth.
1000 Miles Of Cock
Death To The Dodgers Of Soap

Homepage: http://www.legionofflames.com/
Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zimmer's_Hole

There's also Ten Masked Men who make (death) metal covers of pop songs and stuff like that.Songs worth checking:
Blue - Fucking hilarious.
Livin' La Vida Loca
Disco Inferno

Homepage: http://tenmaskedmen.com/
Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Masked_Men
12.06.2006 - 09:28
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
Staff
@Horlequism
Its kinda besides the point if you find Zombie funny or not because the fact is that the guy writes ridiculous lyrics and doesnt take himself very seriously, ie. he engages in comedy

Some more bands that include (some) comedy in their music:
Carnivore/Type 0 Negative
KMFDM
12.06.2006 - 10:09
John Barleycorn
Minimalist
How about Impaled Northern Moonforest, my favourite black metal band (Ulver is an exception).
12.06.2006 - 15:26
Deathrash
Account deleted
I would recommend

Bad News
Excrematory Grindfuckers
Green Jelly
Lawnmower Deth
Nanowar
Screamin Daemon
Spazztic Blurr
12.06.2006 - 17:32
Horlequism
Account deleted
KMFDM as a comedy metal band? Well, I suppose they didn't take themselves seriously for the longest time...Type O Negative I could see as a comedy-based metal band...'my girlfriend's girlfriend...' and such...

Excrematory Grindfuckers are as funny as hell! 'I've been looking for GRINDCORE...i've been looking so long...yes I was looking for GRINDCORE...but still the search goes on...' and 'hello, we are the excrematory grindfuckers and we're gonna show you now how we make our music...'

Nanowar I still have to check out...

I suppose I do know comedy and metal from the bands mentioned that I wind up knowing...I guess this thread is more designed on MSers bringing light to these bands instead...
12.06.2006 - 18:44
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Written by KryptoN on 12.06.2006 at 05:43

There's also Ten Masked Men who make (death) metal covers of pop songs and stuff like that.Songs worth checking:
Blue - Fucking hilarious.
Livin' La Vida Loca
Disco Inferno

Homepage: http://tenmaskedmen.com/
Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Masked_Men

I second this recommendation. They are one of the funniest bands ever, my favourite covers by them are Ricky Martin's "Livin' La Vida Loca" and Britney Spears' "Baby One More Time". Hell, I never thought I would headbang to "Livin' La Vida Loca" xD
12.06.2006 - 20:48
Daibh
Account deleted
What about Lordi? He's a comedy, no doubt about it.
13.06.2006 - 02:37
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Nice to see Lawnmower Deth make someone's list... they are pretty funny. (or were)

RAY REARDON! RAY REARDON! WE ARE ALL DOOOOMED!

"Enter the Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower" is my favorite song of theirs, but "Sumo Rabbit", "Maim Mower Maim", and "Satan's Trampoline" are gold, as is their cover of "Kids in America."

I also agree with Jupe regarding unintentional comedy... there's thousands, but I think Man-O-Cheese stands at the forefront... the rampant homoeroticism coupled with songs like "blow your speakers" and silly phrases like "may your sword stay wet like a young girl" or whatever are just too much to take even remotely seriously.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
13.06.2006 - 02:54
Deathrash
Account deleted
Interesting fact here then as I can boast to another LD fan. My copy of Ohh Crikey was given to me a year ago by Steve Nesfield (guitarist) along with a Six Yard Boc (their side project - actually quite shite) CD as well.
13.06.2006 - 17:38
VenoM_BM
Account deleted
Apart from those bands you can also Boney Nem with covers like "Living la vida loca", "You're my heart, you're my soul", "It's my life", "Voyage, Voyage" any many others including some acustic versions of "Trooper", "Du Hast" or "Breaking the Law".
13.06.2006 - 18:09
Vunts
I would concider the funniest band to be Anal Cunt. I haven't heard any of their songs, but the lyrics are plain hilarious. For example, the song "Harvey Korman is Gay" features such classic lines as:
Quote:
harvey korman is gay
And that's it for the lyrics of that song folks.
And a personal favourite among the band's song titles "Hitler Was a Sensitive Man" with the deep-minded
Quote:
HITLER WAS A SENSITIVE MAN

HE WENT TO ART SCHOOL WHEN HE WAS YOUNGER
HE WANTED TO BE A PAINTER
HITLER WAS A VEGETARIAN
HE WAS ALSO A NON SMOKER

HE HIRED GAY AND HANDICAPPED OFFICERS
HE WAS CONCERNED ABOUT OVERPOPULATION
IF HITLER WAS ALIVE TODAY
HE'D LISTENED TO THE CURE, THE SMITHS, AND DEPECHE MODE

What's there not funny about this band?

EDIT: http://www.darklyrics.com/a/analcunt.html
13.06.2006 - 19:24
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
@headbang vol.99: Amen to that! I especially like their song 'Chris Barnes Is A Pussy'.

Quote:

YOU HID ON YOUR BUS
YOU WHERE AFRAID OF US
YOU WOULDN'T FIGHT ME CUZ YOU'RE GAY
YOU HAD YOUR ROADIES SAVED TODAY

CHRIS BARNES IS A FAGGOT- YOU'RE FUCKING GAY
CHRIS BARNES IS A FAGGOT- YOU'RE A FUCKING FAGGOT
CHRIS BARNES IS A FAGGOT- YOU'RE BREATH SMELLS LIKE CUM
CHRIS BARNES IS A FAGGOT- YOU LIKE DICKS UP YOUR ASS

YOU'RE A FUCKING MIDGET, SO YOU CAN BLOW GUYS WITHOUT KNEELING
YOU & ALLEN WEST MET AT A GAY BAR AND WANTED TO START A BAND
YOU GOT KICKED OUT OF CANNIBAL CORPSE BECAUSE YOU SUCK
YOU STARTED SIX FEET UNDER AND THEY SUCK TOO

I'LL FIGHT YOU ANYTIME YOU FAG
BUT YOU'LL HAVE YOU'RE ROADIES FIGHT FOR YOU
IF YOU SO BRUTAL, WHY WONT YOU FIGHT ME BY YOURSELF
YOU FUCKING CUM GUZZLING FAGGOT HOMO PUSSY

Another funny band I would like to add to this list is Impaled Northern Moonforest. Led by the legendary Seth Putnam of Anal Cunt, the band plays acoustic black metal, and satires the entire black metal scene by applying every single stereotype of the genre to their music. I mean, who can go wrong when you have song titles like 'Grim And Frostbitten Moongoats Of The North', 'Gazing At The Blasphemous Moon While Perched Atop A Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Forsaken Crest Of The Northern Mountain', 'Masturbating On The Unholy Inverted Tracks Of The Grim & Frostbitten Necrobobsledders', and 'Grim And Frostbitten Gay Bar'?

You can find out more info on the band either on their official fan website or on the Wikipedia page.
13.06.2006 - 21:06
Horlequism
Account deleted
Written by [user id=5630] on 13.06.2006 at 19:24

Another funny band I would like to add to this list is Impaled Northern Moonforest. Led by the legendary Seth Putnam of Anal Cunt, the band plays acoustic black metal, and satires the entire black metal scene by applying every single stereotype of the genre to their music. I mean, who can go wrong when you have song titles like 'Grim And Frostbitten Moongoats Of The North', 'Gazing At The Blasphemous Moon While Perched Atop A Very Very Very Very Very Very Very Forsaken Crest Of The Northern Mountain', 'Masturbating On The Unholy Inverted Tracks Of The Grim & Frostbitten Necrobobsledders', and 'Grim And Frostbitten Gay Bar'?

Uh oh...I know a lot of trOO kvlt bm fans who are gonna be filling Seth's inbox
13.06.2006 - 22:41
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
ugh, I just knew this thread would lead to another fucking Anal Cunt discussion. There's a difference between stupidity and humor.
13.06.2006 - 22:59
Undercraft
Elite
You should take a look at Blackseed Boys, wicked stuff!

http://www.metalstorm.ee/pub/review.php?review_id=1291
13.06.2006 - 23:03
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by [user id=2084] on 13.06.2006 at 21:06

Written by [user id=5630] on 13.06.2006 at 19:24

Uh oh...I know a lot of trOO kvlt bm fans who are gonna be filling Seth's inbox

INMF rules. I especially love their t-shirt designs.

Detsorgskvalf or whatever (i cannot remember the spelling for the life of me) is hilarious as well... that's the band that sports burger king cups with toothpicks in them as grim wrist guards.

and screw the too tr00 crowd. Even Abbath and Horgh laugh at the hilarious picks of them circulating the web.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
13.06.2006 - 23:04
Vunts
Written by Dangerboner on 13.06.2006 at 22:41

ugh, I just knew this thread would lead to another fucking Anal Cunt discussion. There's a difference between stupidity and humor.

And you are stupid enough to not see humour in stupidity? I pity thee. Plus there were TWO people that said anything about AC. Me included. Plus we didn't discuss ANYTHING. I merely pointed out that reading those lyrics is funny as hell. If you got a problem with that then...well...cry me a river.
13.06.2006 - 23:10
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Written by Vunts on 13.06.2006 at 23:04

And you are stupid enough to not see humour in stupidity? I pity thee. Plus there were TWO people that said anything about AC. Me included. Plus we didn't discuss ANYTHING. I merely pointed out that reading those lyrics is funny as hell. If you got a problem with that then...well...cry me a river.

lol "I pity thee???????" rrrrrriiiiggghhht.
13.06.2006 - 23:27
Warman
Erotic Stains
Maybe I am totally wrong ... but isn't Edguy some kind of comedy metal? I saw an interview with the singer and they talked about comedy in Edguy's lyrics and music. The singer said that metal and comedy just don't get along, but he still use it when he writes songs.
----
14.06.2006 - 01:22
Daru Jericho
Ah, Piledriver has been said!

They're not a metal band but Beatallica combine Beatles songs and Metallica songs for very interesting outcomes. They've got 2 albums out: Beatallica and A Garage Dayz Nite ,and they do songs like 'Everybody's Got A Ticket To Ride Except For Me And My Lightning'. They were performing here live a couple of months ago but I was too broke to go (story of my life).

Another band that is metal is Steel, that band with Dan Swano and Mikael Akerfeldt. I haven't heard their stuff though. They play power metal from what I hear.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

14.06.2006 - 02:32
Horlequism
Account deleted

Well...I wanted to put something like 'NO ANAL CUNT' in the first post because it's an obvious example anyway...Anal Cunt to me is just 'stupid hahaha funny' humor and it can only be looked at on a couple of levels...I still respect them though for what they do...but ya, this thread wasn't made for bands like Anal Cunt or Skinless or Agorophobic Nosebleed or any others...I let it go but I'm glad you said something man...aaight, motion settled by me and this dude here....no more...
14.06.2006 - 03:17
Deathrash
Account deleted
Anal Cunt are a unique type of comedy - like anything else, some people find them funny, some don't. I'm not sure why someones opinions should be ripped more than others just because its about a certain band. As for everyones heard of them already - I doubt it, there was a time in yours and my life where we didn't know of Anal Cunt and we told and checked out. For some people this thread could be it so prehaps a little more respect?
16.06.2006 - 20:54
Valentin B
Iconoclast
dude i for one find nanowar and totally fucking gay lyrics funny...just listen to emerald fork!
17.06.2006 - 02:51
LethargyMan
Something related to this - Stand-up comedian Brian Posehn is very much a metalhead. He's releasing an album called "Live in: Nerd Rage," in which his band, Posehn, made a song called Metal By Numbers. High-larious.

Metal by Numbers - Full

The link to the page where I found the full song, for I'm pretty sure Relapse Records won't allow direct linking to their media in the first place.

Brian Posehn's website
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
17.06.2006 - 11:08
marinBG
J.B.O; Onkel Tom...
those are german tough

I presonally always wanted to do comedy metal, but never had the time to... someday I will...
----
...cause I don't give a fuck if you hate me!
17.06.2006 - 11:42
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
Written by marinBG on 17.06.2006 at 11:08

J.B.O; Onkel Tom...
those are german tough

I presonally always wanted to do comedy metal, but never had the time to... someday I will...

What do you know? I always wanted to do comedy metal too! I have a nerdy voice and I have a lot of great humorous ideas. You should come to Kansas and we'll form a band!