Metal Storm logo
Dungeons & Dragons

07.08.2006 - 05:21
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I'm surprised no one has created a D&D thread. This legendary game in which I'm sure some bands even drew influence from,but anyway I'm curious to know how many metal stormers play the game. I'm fairly new to the game but by no means a newbie to it. I have been playing since the late 90's.So yeah like I said,if you play the game let me know!
07.08.2006 - 17:04
Alouqua
Account deleted
I do! but i'm a newbie.. I been playing since April and well I'm not too good... But I love it! we can spend a lot of hours playing and we enjoy it a lot...
10.08.2006 - 03:56
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by [user id=5217] on 07.08.2006 at 17:04

I do! but i'm a newbie.. I been playing since April and well I'm not too good... But I love it! we can spend a lot of hours playing and we enjoy it a lot...

Yes D&D is very fun playing. We used to play every saturday,but jobs,girlfriends (amazing we get them even haha),sports have gotten in the way. But I'm glad you play it,its a great way to experience new things.
11.09.2006 - 02:42
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by [user id=823] on 07.08.2006 at 05:21

I'm surprised no one has created a D&D thread. This legendary game in which I'm sure some bands even drew influence from,but anyway I'm curious to know how many metal stormers play the game. I'm fairly new to the game but by no means a newbie to it. I have been playing since the late 90's.So yeah like I said,if you play the game let me know!

I've actually been playing most of my life,
My dad is a HUGE D and D Nerd, so inherintly
I am as well. I mostly play Basic, I don't
know much about Advanced Dungeons and Dragons,
Or third addition.
You're right about it influencing Bands,
In burzums case that is. I know he
was influenced by both Dungeons and dragons
as well as the LOTR Trilogy. Well you
wanted me to let you know, I have.
----
"For the Coward there is no Life
For the hero there is No Death"
-Kakita Toshimoko

"The Philosopher, you know so much about nothing at all." _Chuck Schuldiner.
11.09.2006 - 02:44
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by [user id=5217] on 07.08.2006 at 17:04

That's really cool, sometimes we run 6 hour
sessions. I don't play as often as I used
to, but it's fun when I can.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

11.09.2006 - 04:27
tulkas
el parcero
I used to play when I was like in 6th grade, and I loved it. I've been trying to find people around here who play it, the thing is I must've forgot a lot of stuff so I should start like all over again. Anyway, great game, and as Alouqua said, you loose time notion when you play this game, time flies away and you don't notice it
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
12.09.2006 - 04:27
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
there was an RPG thread in which it was discussed.

I'm actually on my way to meet up with some friends for our weekly session as soon as I finish typing this resposne. No joke.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
12.09.2006 - 06:15
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
unfortunetly i dont have too much experience playing...because everyone back in my area is too cool for it...but You guys should try all flesh must be eaten...it's D@D but you're instead surviving a Zombie apocalypse...(survival Horror)
12.09.2006 - 17:46
Draklar
Account deleted
Written by [user id=14754] on 12.09.2006 at 06:15

unfortunetly i dont have too much experience playing...because everyone back in my area is too cool for it...but You guys should try all flesh must be eaten...it's D@D but you're instead surviving a Zombie apocalypse...(survival Horror)
Looked it up a bit, and that actually looks interesting. But what does it have to do with D&D? It looks more like Deadlands.
12.09.2006 - 19:30
Warman
Erotic Stains
I played it for like 4-5 years ago when I thought that heroes, dragons, magic, swords etc. was cool
Today I do not have the time to play but I can't say I miss it, though it is pretty fun when you get the hang of it
----
12.09.2006 - 22:50
Jesus_Puncher
Account deleted
Written by [user id=1868] on 12.09.2006 at 17:46

Looked it up a bit, and that actually looks interesting. But what does it have to do with D&D? It looks more like Deadlands.

besides Roleplaying...Absolutely nothing..i Meant to Say the Game is Like D@D....forgot to Type "like"....Typos..Gotta Love Em <33
25.03.2007 - 19:03
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by [user id=14754] on 12.09.2006 at 22:50

Written by [user id=1868] on 12.09.2006 at 17:46

besides Roleplaying...Absolutely nothing..i Meant to Say the Game is Like D@D....forgot to Type "like"....Typos..Gotta Love Em <33

One of My friends was actually going to run a session of All flesh must be eaten but we never got around to it.

@Skald: You Like Deadlands! one of the best RPG's ever!
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

28.03.2007 - 19:31
legend_destroyer
Account deleted
@Jesus-lover AFMB is not D&d nor is it deadlands, instead it uses it's own die system and game mechanics, it is however a LARP

@Skald I would say it is more like HOE, deadlands is not as horror derived as HOE is, but in the later Deadlands books it does start to get more into the horror aspect of role playing.

@OP I play D&D I am currenly involved in three session of deadlands, one Basic, one AD&D and one third edition. I only play in 2 of them consistently, and the Basic one I play when me and my bud get together. But I am thinking of dropping the third edition game because the GM sucks.
29.03.2007 - 04:14
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by [user id=21954] on 28.03.2007 at 19:31

@Jesus-lover AFMB is not D&d nor is it deadlands, instead it uses it's own die system and game mechanics, it is however a LARP

@Skald I would say it is more like HOE, deadlands is not as horror derived as HOE is, but in the later Deadlands books it does start to get more into the horror aspect of role playing.

@OP I play D&D I am currenly involved in three session of deadlands, one Basic, one AD&D and one third edition. I only play in 2 of them consistently, and the Basic one I play when me and my bud get together. But I am thinking of dropping the third edition game because the GM sucks.

And this is the Friend of Mine who was Going to Run all Flesh Must be eaten Folks, I also Run the part time Game he's refering to.

Anyway, I didn't even know you were in a third addition game, is James Running it? And if so what is he doing to fuck it up this time?
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

31.03.2007 - 11:16
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
I've played AD&D for a couple of years and also the 'Forgotten Realms' edition (is it like the 3. generation D&D?). It's good fun, but I haven't got the time for it any longer. When playing with a couple of friends it normally took a good 8-10 hours each time
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
31.03.2007 - 19:18
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
I am a huge gamer. I belong to a gaming association here. Every Sunday night we gather to game. Right now we are finishing up a Star Wars d20 RPG that has run for about 6 months. In May we will begin a D&D game.

Now this D&D game we are doing has a bit of a twist. While most focus on an "old world" fantasy setting, this one is a bit more modern. Think Harry Potter meets Final Fantasy. Several new races have been created for the players, as well as all new classes.

For me, I am playing an Aracnorian (a four armed human) named Enoch. He is a bounty hunter by profession, but with an interesting angle, he never kills. As a player I wanted a real cha;ange, so I decided to play an Exalted Hero. This takes the "good" character up a notch. Using the Book of Exalted Deeds I have taken several vows that give me mad crazy bonuses, but if I ever break them, I loose all my abilities.

Anyway, good to see there are other gamers here.
----
(space for rent)
04.04.2007 - 19:35
APOHAKC
The Bard
I was in D&D whil high school, since than I neglected this great game, but in the future I will take some time for this. Anyway Dwarves rules!
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
08.04.2007 - 08:02
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Dane Train on 31.03.2007 at 19:18

...so I decided to play an Exalted Hero...

I've played an exalted before in a whitewolf session and those guys are like Uber powerful. I'm not super familiar with the class but wouldn't that be sort of....overpowering?
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

09.04.2007 - 00:46
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Arian Totalis on 08.04.2007 at 08:02

I've played an exalted before in a whitewolf session and those guys are like Uber powerful. I'm not super familiar with the class but wouldn't that be sort of....overpowering?

Exalted hero's powers can become much higher than normal "good" characters, but it comes at a high price. The character must make sacrifices. For instance, mine has taken three vows, and I am not allowed to kill anyone or anything. While I get a +6 on my AC for this, it is also tough when everyone else in the party wants to kill the foes. Also, just playing an exalted hero is tougher, for if at anytime you do anything to violate your vows, you loose all their abilities, and can't get them back.

But I wanted a real challenge as a player. My character is going to be at odds with others, which makes it tougher for me to play. I hate playing the same old smash and grab characters.

Oh, and for the class, it is a new class created for this game. The group I game with tends to be found of creating new classes that suite some characters better. For instance, in this game one of the characters is a professional wrestler. There were not any classes that really fit that, so we made a new one that is based upon grappling checks. At long distance, he is not good, but if he gets a hold of you, you're screwed.
----
(space for rent)
09.04.2007 - 01:23
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by Dane Train on 09.04.2007 at 00:46

Written by Arian Totalis on 08.04.2007 at 08:02

Exalted hero's powers can become much higher than normal "good" characters, but it comes at a high price. The character must make sacrifices. For instance, mine has taken three vows, and I am not allowed to kill anyone or anything. While I get a +6 on my AC for this, it is also tough when everyone else in the party wants to kill the foes. Also, just playing an exalted hero is tougher, for if at anytime you do anything to violate your vows, you loose all their abilities, and can't get them back.

But I wanted a real challenge as a player. My character is going to be at odds with others, which makes it tougher for me to play. I hate playing the same old smash and grab characters.

Oh, and for the class, it is a new class created for this game. The group I game with tends to be found of creating new classes that suite some characters better. For instance, in this game one of the characters is a professional wrestler. There were not any classes that really fit that, so we made a new one that is based upon grappling checks. At long distance, he is not good, but if he gets a hold of you, you're screwed.

Oh ok that explains things. But there is actually an exalted Class for the whitewolf system. Actually, there is an entire RPG called Exalted published by whitewolf, and these guys are just ridiculously powerfull if you pick the right charms. There are different kinds of exalted as well, for instance we haev lunar exalted as well as solar and Abysmal. It's a good game.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

15.06.2007 - 10:35
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Whats the highest level any of you have achieved? I got my paladin to epic levels, but then me and my friends unfortunately abandoned that game:(
16.06.2007 - 22:35
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
I played the game just once, and it was nothing great for me, but the idea of heroes, dragons, wizards, etc is interesting
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
17.06.2007 - 11:18
Arian Totalis
The Philosopher
Written by [user id=823] on 15.06.2007 at 10:35

Whats the highest level any of you have achieved?

I once got an elven fighter to I think level 29 or something like that. Pretty high.
----
-Kakita Toshimoko

18.06.2007 - 23:19
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by Arian Totalis on 17.06.2007 at 11:18

Written by [user id=823] on 15.06.2007 at 10:35

Whats the highest level any of you have achieved?

I once got an elven fighter to I think level 29 or something like that. Pretty high.

Thats pretty damn high, I believe my paladin was actually like 25 or 26
24.06.2007 - 22:22
Necronomicon
Account deleted
i love dnd but i have not been playing it for a year after i moved school... it sucks really! i used to play forgotten realms and ebberon!
02.11.2007 - 12:21
Fuath
ive only played a couple of times with friends on their campaigns, I ATE A PONY!!!!!!!, its a pretty good game, just too many rules to remember
----
FRACTALS!!!!!

16.01.2008 - 09:21
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
Written by [user id=21954] on 28.03.2007 at 19:31

Ah good ole Basic and AD&D and fuck your playing every version of D&D until the new comes out which is soon, unless its already out, but from what I understand the new version is basically no different than 3rd edition, just minor changes
16.01.2008 - 11:16
Prugor
Mr. Offensive
Started playing when I was 14, about 11 years ago. It was nice at the time, but it opened doors to other finer systems. Mechwarrior and LotFR's, both I might add are great. Futuristic robots or Feudal Japan.
----
Ah... Girl look at that body, Ah... I work out
10.03.2008 - 22:31
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
I was extremely saddened when hearing the news of Gary Gygax's untimely passing! R.I.P. Gary, many will continue to play the wonderful game you created!
07.04.2008 - 23:24
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I've never played it...
Never had the curiosity. I am a computer geek.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!