Metal Storm logo
Life's Thrills

28.03.2010 - 23:34
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Alright here's the drill.
This thread is for all of you interested in sharing experiences that you considered exciting, crazy, scary or anything that made you feel alive (as naïve as that may sound). I won't limit this thread to only personal experiences as I believe things can get a little more interesting by being a little more creative meaning any room for suggestions, ideas or fantasies are warmly welcome. You can talk about what you think would be quite the adrenaline pumping experience. I think you all catch my drift.

As for my personal experience, I think my most exciting moment was when I took magic mushrooms a few years back with two other friends. What was frightening and stupid is that my buddies decided to go to the mall while tripping and I got quite the scare. Everyone I was crossing gave me this look with a big smile on their face and I'll never know if I was just hallucinating or if I was just noticeably fucked. A crazy time it was. Just for the record I don't do any drugs anymore.
Now skydiving during a huge thunderstorm seems like it would be a pretty crazy idea. Anything that tickles your fancy people !
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
28.03.2010 - 23:40
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
It seems inevitable that this thread is turning into a 'share your drug experiences' topic. If that happens, I'd like to point out we already have one of those.

But if it doesn't, I'm going to let it go. I'd share a few stories myself, but I just said that this shouldn't turn into a drug experiences topic, so...

Life's Thrills to me are the best moments (graduations, meeting your idols, that sort of thing) and the worst moments (the near death experiences, the accidents, the nightmares). They seem equals in terms of vivid memories.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
28.03.2010 - 23:45
Visioneerie
Urban Monster
Just to clarify things (I haven't used the best example myself), be creative people ! I'd like to see this thread go somewhere instead of it just turning into drug experiences as Lucas mentioned above.
----
Any man can stand adversity, but to test his character give him power - A. Lincoln
29.03.2010 - 00:09
Baz Anderson
Staff
Well if people can only think of drug experiences as their most thrilling moments in life, then they've had pretty sad lives.

Nothing in particular sticks out for me apart from maybe the first time I walked over the bridge from the press area to festival arena at Wacken 2007... I'd never seen so many people in one place before in my life.
I'd love to do a bungee jump and stuff like that too though. Graduating from university wasn't exactly "thrilling", but meeting various people from bands has to be one of my usual kicks.
25.03.2011 - 15:26
Valentin B
Iconoclast
One particularly weird/awesome experience was the following: i was coming back from Wacken last year, taking a stop in Berlin. i had not slept for more than 24 hours already and so maybe my mind was altered and shit. anyway so i get to the hostel and take a shower. i leave my stuff there, get dressed and start walking near the East Side Gallery, and i start to walk along it(surprisingly, there weren't that many people). half an hour later, i noticed i was going freeballing with my zipper open, and i just laughed at the situation. no, "the dragon didn't emerge from the lair" if that's what you want to know
26.03.2011 - 17:04
EmperorGonzo
Account deleted
I have done two tours in Iraq and one in Afgan. (Ex- us service member)
26.03.2011 - 22:29
whatsacow
I work at a chicken farm, and we have a little golf cart thing that we use to transport eggs. There's a group of us who have made a little jump, that was relatively safe. One day I did the jump, not looking over the other side, and there, on the other side, where danny had been digging was this huge dirt mound. One side of the cart landed on it, and the cart rolled about 2 or 3 times. Broke my arm, and got a few cuts and bruises, but it was the pure terror when I saw the mound that made me feel alive.
----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
26.03.2011 - 22:43
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Life's thrills...?

I think when you come to terms with who you are and learn to love yourself in spite of your faults, that's got to be one of the most rewarding experiences in life. The only thing more rewarding would be taking that love and investing it in someone else for the same reasons, and to have that love directed back at you from the same person.

That's a personal reflection, of course. I recently came to terms that I can't be with the girl I love because I hate myself too much to share the necessary positivity in order to make a relationship work. Not sure where this confession is coming from to be honest. Must be the sugar-high I've been riding since said girl rejected my suggestion that we move in together.

Additionally, I think discovering your sense of independence is another rewarding - possibly thrilling - experience. I've been traveling across this great country on my own since I was 16; it's a liberating realization, when you look back on your childhood and how you were raised and the bridges you've burned and all the shit you've been through, and you can just laugh because you overcame it all.

It might be time to invest in some booze.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
26.03.2011 - 22:49
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by whatsacow on 26.03.2011 at 22:29

I work at a chicken farm, and we have a little golf cart thing that we use to transport eggs. There's a group of us who have made a little jump, that was relatively safe.

what do you mean by "a little jump"?

Written by Troy Killjoy on 26.03.2011 at 22:43

Additionally, I think discovering your sense of independence is another rewarding - possibly thrilling - experience. I've been traveling across this great country on my own since I was 16; it's a liberating realization, when you look back on your childhood and how you were raised and the bridges you've burned and all the shit you've been through, and you can just laugh because you overcame it all.

i always ride alone.

sadly, not harleys, but trains and planes last year i traveled around Europe a lot on my own or had to organize the trips myself, and only now i realize what a huge advantage it was to not have the language barrier in Spain(or any other place i went to, apart from Prague). many people who also came there with the scholarship were simply alienated from the local people and culture for quite a few months because they didn't know any Spanish(this was last september and i'm pretty sure many of them are still shitty at it)
26.03.2011 - 23:31
Luneth
Account deleted
I got high and ideas for the novels I wanna write just wouldn't stop flowing
27.03.2011 - 08:15
whatsacow
Written by Valentin B on 26.03.2011 at 22:49

Written by whatsacow on 26.03.2011 at 22:29

I work at a chicken farm, and we have a little golf cart thing that we use to transport eggs. There's a group of us who have made a little jump, that was relatively safe.

what do you mean by "a little jump"?

It's on a downward slope, there's a ditch then a medium sized bump. we just filled the ditch in and compacted the dirt lol.

----
When God made up the golden rule, do you think he noticed that it condones rape?
27.03.2011 - 15:13
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 26.03.2011 at 22:49

i always ride alone.

sadly, not harleys, but trains and planes last year i traveled around Europe a lot on my own or had to organize the trips myself, and only now i realize what a huge advantage it was to not have the language barrier in Spain(or any other place i went to, apart from Prague). many people who also came there with the scholarship were simply alienated from the local people and culture for quite a few months because they didn't know any Spanish(this was last september and i'm pretty sure many of them are still shitty at it)

Thankfully the only official languages in Canada are French and English, and French is only an official language out East - even then it's practically 50/50. But I did the same with trains and planes, organized my own trips and told my family where I'd be going and then I went. I learned a lot during my travels and I like to think I'm more mature as a result.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
27.03.2011 - 18:27
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.03.2011 at 15:13

Thankfully the only official languages in Canada are French and English, and French is only an official language out East - even then it's practically 50/50. But I did the same with trains and planes, organized my own trips and told my family where I'd be going and then I went. I learned a lot during my travels and I like to think I'm more mature as a result.

me too. there are few things that get me more excited than travelling. last year i went to Berlin again, Prague, Budapest, Las Palmas, Barcelona again, and Madrid.

this year from what i've booked so far it's gonna be Cologne, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo and Varna(i can also squeeze Gothenburg somewhere in there too). gonna couchsurf as hostels are way too expensive in the north. where are you planning to go?
27.03.2011 - 18:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Valentin B on 27.03.2011 at 18:27

this year from what i've booked so far it's gonna be Cologne, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Oslo and Varna(i can also squeeze Gothenburg somewhere in there too). gonna couchsurf as hostels are way too expensive in the north. where are you planning to go?

Well the entire point of me traveling in the first place was to get where I am now, so I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. Although the reason I came here was for a girl who things didn't work out with...so there's a chance I might try to head out West for Alberta again.
----
27.03.2011 - 18:50
Yasmine
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.03.2011 at 18:36

Written by Valentin B on 27.03.2011 at 18:27

Well the entire point of me traveling in the first place was to get where I am now, so I don't plan on leaving anytime soon. Although the reason I came here was for a girl who things didn't work out with...so there's a chance I might try to head out West for Alberta again.

Awwww Sad times.
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
27.03.2011 - 18:51
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 18:50

Awwww Sad times.

Way too long a story to get into here. Sad times = learning times I suppose.
----
27.03.2011 - 18:58
Yasmine
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.03.2011 at 18:51

Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 18:50

Awwww Sad times.

Way too long a story to get into here. Sad times = learning times I suppose.

I understand, though I'd certainly listen to/read it for ya. But yes, you know I have had sooooooooooooo many issues in the last year with ......things that I was up to my eyes in shit. lol

Ended a 4 year relationship one day, we never fought, he never mentioned a problem then one day he just exploded at me and it was over. Now my parents are coming to visit in acouple months and I've......a secret to come clean about and I don't know if I should tell them now or just wait until they see it for themselves.:noidea:
----
"Both optimists and pessimists contribute to our society. The optimist invents the airplane and the pessimist the parachute." G B Stern
"Society is like a stew. If you don't stir it up every once in a while then a layer of scum float u
27.03.2011 - 19:25
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 18:58

Ended a 4 year relationship one day, we never fought, he never mentioned a problem then one day he just exploded at me and it was over. Now my parents are coming to visit in acouple months and I've......a secret to come clean about and I don't know if I should tell them now or just wait until they see it for themselves.:noidea:

Sorry to hear; oddly enough we share very similar stories, as my 4-year relationship ended on the spot like that.

As for sharing your secret... I suppose that's one of life's thrills. I'd wait it out and let them see it for themselves rather than ruin the element of surprise.
----
27.03.2011 - 21:21
Yasmine
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.03.2011 at 19:25

Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 18:58

Sorry to hear; oddly enough we share very similar stories, as my 4-year relationship ended on the spot like that.

As for sharing your secret... I suppose that's one of life's thrills. I'd wait it out and let them see it for themselves rather than ruin the element of surprise.

First off really really really sorry to have that happen to you. I know that can be rough, it broke me for a while.

2nd the secret.....that element of surprize might give my mother a heart attack. It has 2 parts and is absolutely life altering. She's gonna shit. lol
----
27.03.2011 - 21:23
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 21:21

that element of surprize might give my mother a heart attack. It has 2 parts and is absolutely life altering. She's gonna shit. lol

I suppose for the safety (and hygiene) of your mother, you should probably give her a call with the details. Nobody wants to add "abandoned family at 25" to their list of Thrilling Life Adventures.
----
27.03.2011 - 21:29
Yasmine
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.03.2011 at 21:23

Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 21:21

that element of surprize might give my mother a heart attack. It has 2 parts and is absolutely life altering. She's gonna shit. lol

I suppose for the safety (and hygiene) of your mother, you should probably give her a call with the details. Nobody wants to add "abandoned family at 25" to their list of Thrilling Life Adventures.

Well....I didn't leave on them, they left on me and are returning home for the first time in 2+ years. So I don't see that as the problem. I mean they'll know the secret as soon as they get here, that's all I can say. lol I don't want people here to see me different. lol
----
27.03.2011 - 21:31
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 21:29

Well....I didn't leave on them, they left on me and are returning home for the first time in 2+ years. So I don't see that as the problem. I mean they'll know the secret as soon as they get here, that's all I can say. lol I don't want people here to see me different. lol

The only shocking things I can think of for a parent, visually, would be a sex change. Or if you cleaned your house after it being really messy for a long time.
----
27.03.2011 - 21:33
Yasmine
Written by Troy Killjoy on 27.03.2011 at 21:31

Written by Yasmine on 27.03.2011 at 21:29

The only shocking things I can think of for a parent, visually, would be a sex change. Or if you cleaned your house after it being really messy for a long time.

LAWL My place is usually messy, yes. lol
----
30.03.2011 - 18:50
Elodie Artour
Slania
What a fascinating thread, Visioneerie!

For my small age, I have pretty much gained tons of creepy experience. What I call "creepy experience" are all those situations and cases when things go completely wrong, all weird/extremely funny/extremely sad/extremely thrilling in some way things I've experienced, and so on.

As you've already mentioned near death experiences, I do actually have a certain memory that is similar to this term.

Okay, so last year, there was this singing auditioning for a local Symphonic metal band. I was convinced to participate in it and there I was - standing at a bus stop where the band founder and I had arranged a meeting. We were to get to their rehearsal by car. He appeared there on time, having one of his bandmates with him. We got in the car but suddenly, the driver (that same founder of the band) couldn't turn on the car, so the other guy had to get out and help him push it. At the same time, while both guys were doing their best, trying to make the car work, a public transport bus hit the car! One of the doors was opened and therefore got seriously harmed whereas the car alone didn't really get damaged. Fortunately, no one got hurt in any ways but it was damn scary! If only the bus driver had driven faster, the founder and me (who both were sitting in the front) would have either got seriously injured or even died! The whole thing happened in just a few seconds; so quickly that I had no clue how to react. What I can (still) clearly recall is the crash...

Afterwards, the three of us had a good laugh (I guess that situation will always remain somewhat funny to me.) However, it actually wasn't funny, not at all. The accident was later reported as a small one but it could still be described as a near death experience. I guess we all just had a giant stroke of luck...
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
30.03.2011 - 19:13
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Elodie Artour on 30.03.2011 at 18:50

Afterwards, the three of us had a good laugh (I guess that situation will always remain somewhat funny to me.) However, it actually wasn't funny, not at all. The accident was later reported as a small one but it could still be described as a near death experience. I guess we all just had a giant stroke of luck...

laughter is sometimes a reaction when people are nervous. i know i laughed about petty things just before a huge exam or stuff.
30.03.2011 - 19:25
Elodie Artour
Slania
Yeah, I also laugh while being nervous.
----
Speak up dear 'cause I cannot hear you...
01.04.2011 - 03:39
Kennoth
Those little things I guess. Warm summer nights when you stroll near the riverside with your mp4 player in your ears and listening to your favorite piece.

Putting a favorite food into your mouth and enjoying chewing it.

That kind of stuff.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
06.04.2011 - 00:08
MetalSpider
This might sound weird...but driving has been a thrill for me lately. I enjoy it without a doubt. The real weird part is....the car Im driving is old (11 years old now), hasn't had a tune up...ever (really should do that soon lol) and feels like it might eventually break down while Im driving it (knock on wood, I hope it doesnt!!!!). It is kind of a thrill for me in a weird way.

I would love nothing more than to get a car with a monster of an engine, whether its an american muscle car or a monster of a European or British car, and drive across Canada, whether its by myself or with some of my closest friends. That would be one hell of a thrill for me, Im sure.

I have my driving stories...not that many, and so far not really that thrilling, but i'll share them later.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
06.04.2011 - 00:42
Yasmine
Written by MetalSpider on 06.04.2011 at 00:08

This might sound weird...but driving has been a thrill for me lately. I enjoy it without a doubt. The real weird part is....the car Im driving is old (11 years old now), hasn't had a tune up...ever (really should do that soon lol) and feels like it might eventually break down while Im driving it (knock on wood, I hope it doesnt!!!!). It is kind of a thrill for me in a weird way.

I would love nothing more than to get a car with a monster of an engine, whether its an american muscle car or a monster of a European or British car, and drive across Canada, whether its by myself or with some of my closest friends. That would be one hell of a thrill for me, Im sure.

I have my driving stories...not that many, and so far not really that thrilling, but i'll share them later.

Wanna go for a ride in my Mustang with me?

Where to begin, from growing up in cities and see plenty of people in handcuffs, to anti-abortion rallies, lol. I left home at 17 knowing my parents/family wouldn't approve of me seeing a shrink, then hormones, surgery, etc. lol So Ive been through my share.
----
06.04.2011 - 01:39
MetalSpider
Written by Yasmine on 06.04.2011 at 00:42

Written by MetalSpider on 06.04.2011 at 00:08

Wanna go for a ride in my Mustang with me?

Where to begin, from growing up in cities and see plenty of people in handcuffs, to anti-abortion rallies, lol. I left home at 17 knowing my parents/family wouldn't approve of me seeing a shrink, then hormones, surgery, etc. lol So Ive been through my share.

yes!...do you really have a mustang!?!?!?

Oh actually I do have a thrilling story...that's not driving related.

For those of you that follow international news...when the G20 summit came to Toronto and there was mass rioting, and police everywhere...my buddy and I decided to go because we were bored. Not one of the smartest things I've done. We were close to being arrested when the large group of people we happened to be with, were about to be enclosed by the police from all sides. Luckily we got out of there lol.

Probably one of the most exciting things I've been a part of. It's weird, because I don't care for the whole protesting thing, unless it really affects me I suppose. That was the first protest I've been to...and my buddy and I weren't even protesting. We were just bored and decided to go check out the madness.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!