Metal Storm logo
Maladomini - blackened synth metal feat. Ophiuchi

28.06.2024 - 21:05
Netzach
Planewalker
Staff
Hey everybody, it's your (least/most) favourite reviewer here. I'm just taking the opportunity to inform anyone who missed musclassia's review that I've recently released Malpractice, the debut album from my "blackened synth metal" project Maladomini, where I do the keyboards, vocals, programming, production, lyrics, and songwriting, and Ophiuchi (who you should also check out, if you haven't) does session guitars. It's inspired by absolutely no bands at all, just an amalgamation of decades of listening to music, with very personal lyrics, a varied approach to songwriting, and a mix of melody, experimental aspects, and raw aggression. Not for everybody, but perhaps for you.

I've been told that it sounds not quite like anything anybody's ever heard before, so give it a listen if you haven't already, and decide for yourself. It is available on Bandcamp, YouTube, and Soundcloud so far, with plans to release it on the big streaming services.

Check out the album here, and if you don't mind, follow me on my sites, including Facebook so that I have any chance of maintaining an illusion of having gotten any exposure. It is available on Bandcamp for "Name Your Price", so feel free to download it for anything from €0-€inf.

----
My "blackened synth metal" band Maladomini, feat. Ophiuchi on session guitars. Debut album Malpractice available on maladomini.bandcamp.com.
28.06.2024 - 21:25
Metren
Dreadrealm
Maladomini/Malpractice gets my recommendation, for whatever that’s worth. I found this album to be a perfect match for my taste in darker, unconventional, raw, and atmospheric music.

Also, I have insider information about a reliable return policy for Bandcamp purchases of Malpractice. If the listener is not satisfied with the album, Netzach will take the album back for free, no questions asked.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
28.06.2024 - 21:40
Netzach
Planewalker
Staff
Written by Metren on 28.06.2024 at 21:25

Also, I have insider information about a reliable return policy for Bandcamp purchases of Malpractice. If the listener is not satisfied with the album, Netzach will take the album back for free, no questions asked.

Thanks for your public support but... Wait, what?
----
My "blackened synth metal" band Maladomini, feat. Ophiuchi on session guitars. Debut album Malpractice available on maladomini.bandcamp.com.
28.06.2024 - 21:55
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Netzach on 28.06.2024 at 21:40

Thanks for your public support but... Wait, what?

I mean... you're not going to make folks pay just so they can give the album back, are you? Surely not! That would be... what's the right expression here? Dereliction of duty? Unprofessional behavior? Professional misconduct? IDK, it's like the right word is right there, but I can't figure it out for some reason.

Being serious though, it's a great album you've made. And I hope the next one will be even more weirderer.
----
My one-man project's Bandcamp with free downloads: https://dreadrealm.bandcamp.com/
28.06.2024 - 22:04
Netzach
Planewalker
Staff
Written by Metren on 28.06.2024 at 21:55

I mean... you're not going to make folks pay just so they can give the album back, are you? Surely not! That would be... what's the right expression here? Dereliction of duty? Unprofessional behavior? Professional misconduct? IDK, it's like the right word is right there, but I can't figure it out for some reason.

Being serious though, it's a great album you've made. And I hope the next one will be even more weirderer.

Where did I ever ask somebody to give the album back, and how would it be even possible to return a digital download? I hope my album didn't break your brain to the point you've lost all sense of reason - though, actually, I'd consider that a compliment.

The next one is in the works, I have 3-4 song ideas, but they've so far all turned out a bit too... well, happy, for lack of better wording. I have the concept and the album title ready though - it will take off where "A Cog" ends, and at least half of it will be a "Malpractice pt.2". As for the rest, anything goes. I aim to make it darker, heavier, and more experimental/weirder, yet make sure to keep the melodic hooks that insert some sort of "easy listening" into it.

I currently have a song mixing serene piano and energetic, hard-rocky riffing with Dutch hardcore/gabber thump-thump noise, a post-metal song that keeps evolving on the same motif for 9 minutes while synth arpeggios keep intensifying, a polyrhythmic, disted-saxophone driven discordant piece where every melody is designed to sound entirely horrible, and a slow piano ballad that might feature clean vox then evolve into blackened power metal. I might use all, some, or none of these ideas, but it gives you an idea of what I'm attempting.

I'm gonna put in 500% more effort in this album than Malpractice, though, but I've already written the lyrics to 3-4 songs, and if you thought they were disturbing the first time around, just wait for the continuation. Working title is Malign 001, and on my Facebook page, there are stories behind each song, which should give you an idea of where the story is going next.
----
28.06.2024 - 22:29
Metren
Dreadrealm
Written by Netzach on 28.06.2024 at 22:04

The next one is in the works, I have 3-4 song ideas, but they've so far all turned out a bit too... well, happy, for lack of better wording. I have the concept and the album title ready though - it will take off where "A Cog" ends, and at least half of it will be a "Malpractice pt.2". As for the rest, anything goes. I aim to make it darker, heavier, and more experimental/weirder, yet make sure to keep the melodic hooks that insert some sort of "easy listening" into it.

I currently have a song mixing serene piano and energetic, hard-rocky riffing with Dutch hardcore/gabber thump-thump noise, a post-metal song that keeps evolving on the same motif for 9 minutes while synth arpeggios keep intensifying, a polyrhythmic, disted-saxophone driven discordant piece where every melody is designed to sound entirely horrible, and a slow piano ballad that might feature clean vox then evolve into blackened power metal. I might use all, some, or none of these ideas, but it gives you an idea of what I'm attempting.

I'm gonna put in 500% more effort in this album than Malpractice, though, but I've already written the lyrics to 3-4 songs, and if you thought they were disturbing the first time around, just wait for the continuation. Working title is Malign 001, and on my Facebook page, there are stories behind each song, which should give you an idea of where the story is going next.

That is fantastic! I wish you luck and perseverance, as I found the second album to be much more challenging to create. Maybe that was just me, though.
----
28.06.2024 - 22:59
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Well, this genre fell out of my interest zone so I'm skeptic that I'd able to grasp much, but nevertheless, I'm still gonna give it a spin soon.

Anyway, congratulations Netzach!
28.06.2024 - 23:12
Netzach
Planewalker
Staff
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 28.06.2024 at 22:59

Well, this genre fell out of my interest zone so I'm skeptic that I'd able to grasp much, but nevertheless, I'm still gonna give it a spin soon.

Anyway, congratulations Netzach!

What genre? As far as I see it, this does not fit into any pre-existing genre, and Ikeep getting comments it sounds like nothing they've really heard before

Thank you, and please follow my pages if you find the music enjoyable.
----
28.06.2024 - 23:14
Netzach
Planewalker
Staff
Written by Metren on 28.06.2024 at 22:29

That is fantastic! I wish you luck and perseverance, as I found the second album to be much more challenging to create. Maybe that was just me, though.

Not just you. The follow up will definitely be more challenging. I refuse to make the same album twice. I've invented to some degree a style of my own here, and now it's time to see where I can take it. 500% more effort. If the debut was a proof of concept, the 2nd album should be the real deal - or I'll never release it.
----