Metal Storm logo
The origin of your username

Original post

Posted by GT, 29.05.2006 - 21:04
What is the story behind your username (and your custom title if you have one)?

In my own case it quite simple. Just the first letters in my first and last name. Boring and easy to remember
02.12.2008 - 08:23
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I'll say this. Weapons are used (not for harm but mostly for Defense and fear). the weapons used are not traditional. some examples are a kendo stick or an ice pick. If you would like to know more you may ask.... just know that any more info and I'll have to dispatch men to find you
----
Coldgrits
03.12.2008 - 05:52
Deadgirl
Written by -DC-002- on 02.12.2008 at 08:23

I'll say this. Weapons are used (not for harm but mostly for Defense and fear). the weapons used are not traditional. some examples are a kendo stick or an ice pick. If you would like to know more you may ask.... just know that any more info and I'll have to dispatch men to find you

I've got a bokken (the kendo training sword, it's heavier than a shinai), a nerf gun, and a crossbow. Do I qualify?
----
Remember that you are mortal.
03.12.2008 - 06:38
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Deadgirl on 03.12.2008 at 05:52

Written by -DC-002- on 02.12.2008 at 08:23

I've got a bokken (the kendo training sword, it's heavier than a shinai), a nerf gun, and a crossbow. Do I qualify?

Make the arrowheads of the crossbow blunt so they only heart really bad and sure, why not. Do onto others what you would fine to be heavily inconvenient and annoying
----
Coldgrits
03.12.2008 - 09:18
Varegan
Hamranakara
My username is sindarin, it means DEAD
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)

03.12.2008 - 09:46
LeChron James
Helvetesfossen
LeBron James=Best Basketball Player
LeChron James=Marijuana of Top Quality

since LeBron is the best basketball player at present, the top grade weed i consume is dedicated to his ridiculousness. churrrz!
----
Kick Ass, Die Young

Less is More
Stay Pure
Stay Poor

Music was my life, music brought me to life and music is how I will be remembered long after I leave this life. When I die there will be a final waltz in my head that only I can hear.
04.12.2008 - 01:45
Deadgirl
Written by Varegan on 03.12.2008 at 09:18

Um...sorry. Dead in Sindarin is actually gyrth. Gorthrim isn't really a word, but it may be a compound (?), as gorth means horror. Rim is "a great number" or a cold pool/lake. ;P
----
Remember that you are mortal.
05.12.2008 - 11:57
Varegan
Hamranakara
Written by Deadgirl on 04.12.2008 at 01:45

Written by Varegan on 03.12.2008 at 09:18

Um...sorry. Dead in Sindarin is actually gyrth. Gorthrim isn't really a word, but it may be a compound (?), as gorth means horror. Rim is "a great number" or a cold pool/lake. ;P

its exactly a compound!! gorth and gyrth both means dead, horror means "Goroth",when there is "o" after "r" it means horror. and rim is a suffix after words like Haradrim,Rohirim,... and points the racial or national character, me too dont know what exactly it means
"frome the deads" "undead" "zombie"
can you give me a correct meaning for it???
----
Written by muthafucka on 08.07.2010 at 06:46

"METAL STORM" (LIGHTING STRIKES)

10.12.2008 - 15:24
Yossarian
Hi,

Mine is the name a novel character. He was almost the only sane pilot in a military campsite during WW2 from the novel Catch 22 by Joseph Heller.

I don't identify with him at least not too much. I just like how it sounds.
10.12.2008 - 21:06
intothenight
Mine is really simple, Ominous Grief has a perfect song "reborn into the night" :: I took reborn out and it became intothenight
----
Ghouls of an undead love watching with pale faces
Staring at what's left of both you and I
Wipe away the tears in your beautiful eyes
For I am reborn into your nights...
30.12.2008 - 15:04
Janne
Hugin
Written by [user id=26446] on 28.12.2008 at 02:39

My parents chose it it's my real name

Nice! You're the first member using his real name here I've met.
----

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
30.12.2008 - 16:00
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Janne on 30.12.2008 at 15:04

Ehm...
And don't forget Lucas and Marcel.
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
30.12.2008 - 17:10
Baz Anderson
Staff
And me and Jeff, Ivor, Ivan, Dane... there's actually quite a lot of people that use their real name.
30.12.2008 - 17:18
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 30.12.2008 at 17:10

And me and Jeff, Ivor, Ivan, Dane... there's actually quite a lot of people that use their real name.

Jeff are you shore IMO his name was longer, and more french, but Dane I never would guess it
There also Marcel, Richard, and Leonidas who use his real name
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.12.2008 - 17:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite

Although a lot of people call him Jeff in real life his actual first name is Jean-François.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.12.2008 - 18:05
Baz Anderson
Staff
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.12.2008 at 17:41

Although a lot of people call him Jeff in real life his actual first name is Jean-François.

Haha yes, but if I started trying to call him that in real life, I am sure I would just be laughed at like when I was trying to say various other French names.. like Nantes.. and others I have forgotten. Hahaha.. me and French words don't go together..
Ilham is still around the site on and off.. ask her how bad I am.. I couldn't even read the Clisson street names properly. Hahaha.. what an alien language.

I was just under the impression that "Jeff" is the closest English translation to the name..
30.12.2008 - 18:09
Janne
Hugin
Okey there are many but I thought about those who use their whole name! Not just the given name..
----

-FOLK METAL HUNGARY-
30.12.2008 - 18:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Baz Anderson on 30.12.2008 at 18:05

Haha yes, but if I started trying to call him that in real life, I am sure I would just be laughed at like when I was trying to say various other French names.. like Nantes.. and others I have forgotten. Hahaha.. me and French words don't go together..
Ilham is still around the site on and off.. ask her how bad I am.. I couldn't even read the Clisson street names properly. Hahaha.. what an alien language.

I was just under the impression that "Jeff" is the closest English translation to the name..

Danny Dayer sad about steet name sin serbia who was written in cyrlic , ''its like alian writeing, go to Croatia figure out, here its like alians '' it was funmny hear , sorry Stalker
----

01.01.2009 - 06:00
Richard
Elite
@Baz: Us Brits are notoriously bad at pronouncing French words properly, aren't we! Still, British people are encouraged to try and mimic the accent of different languages when we speak them - when we learn French or German at school, we have to try and copy a French or German accent, not just the words - whereas when other countries speak English they just keep their own accent! Lazy!

BTW, I'll probably always think of Bad English as "K7" and Dane Train as "Jed Head"!
----
01.01.2009 - 06:20
Bararey
Winter is Coming
Elite
Written by Richard on 01.01.2009 at 06:00

whereas when other countries speak English they just keep their own accent! Lazy!

Not true (not entirely), you should have been in some of the English classes we had in school, the teachers would mock students who pronounce English words with Arabic accent, now that was mean!
----
"Rhaegar fought valiantly, Rhaegar fought nobly, Rhaegar fought honorably. And Rhaegar died."
Ser Jorah Mormont
01.01.2009 - 13:02
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Janne on 30.12.2008 at 15:04

you know, there's lots of us..

welcome to the party
01.01.2009 - 20:00
Baz Anderson
Staff

@Baz: Us Brits are notoriously bad at pronouncing French words properly, aren't we! Still, British people are encouraged to try and mimic the accent of different languages when we speak them - when we learn French or German at school, we have to try and copy a French or German accent, not just the words - whereas when other countries speak English they just keep their own accent! Lazy!

BTW, I'll probably always think of Bad English as "K7" and Dane Train as "Jed Head"!

Hahahahaha, yes!!

If you haven't seen this - this is a perfect example of what you just said:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=96Y87ZTyFok

It is Steve McClaren in the Netherlands putting on a Dutch accent to try and fit in.. hahaha.
03.01.2009 - 14:02
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

About accent , its normal think, each nations speek other language whit accent , same french people talk in englsih whit accent
When I study it in school(ok age 6-9 I was tecaher from USA who speek only english and cant explin tasks in latvian, theys why my grammer roots are fucked)but leither teacher make us talk perfect whit no accent,same in german I was kicke dout from class because talk in weird bayern accent

IMO easyer are understand all in TV for example english, news movies, they talk in ''literal'' langauge, but if there are people from streets tehy talk lil weird, no offence, but somethimes I need think to understand what Sir Alex Ferguson says in Tv sometimes if scotisch people talks in eglish, I need hear 2 times to get but Jim Brimble movie was good teacher

K7 Bad Englsih are more who describes me how K7 , because Im(not) greek

Baraley - Sometimes its hard to spell some sounds you shood see how sweeds spell ?, ?, č they literaly can not pronauce such letters and sounds

Baz - dunno he talks like he talks

BTW talking in english if you talk free whit no thinking in head what to say, its good + because many not englsih think in head what to say and they say it, I thank's to MS and Swe talk free whit no translation in head , maybe Marcel was wright about then and how think
----

03.01.2009 - 15:08
Øyvind
Grave Digger
I just saw this, great stuff http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=%C3%B8yvind
----
03.01.2009 - 16:27
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Øyvind on 03.01.2009 at 15:08

I just saw this, great stuff http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=%C3%B8yvind

From which of the two does your name come?
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
03.01.2009 - 22:59
Valentin B
Iconoclast
For people who remember what my former username was, check this out:

curse 79 up, 8 down love ithate it

A female's menstrual cycle.

04.01.2009 - 13:01
Baz Anderson
Staff
Baz 40 up, 23 down
"A housebound loner, bitter and twisted and prone to spontaneous abuse in the many chatrooms he frequents."

--

Baz 16 up, 11 down
"An overweight, alcoholic, unemployed chav or townie, most commonly encountered trying to start a fight in his local pub or getting sunburnt during a cheap holiday to Magaluf."

Baz (after 15 pints):'ere, you just spilled me bird. an' stop lookin' at me pint!

--

Hahahaha, never really looked at that site before.
04.01.2009 - 17:34
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Nice site you found there Oyvind, even though I'm not that fond of the results my real name gives
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
04.01.2009 - 17:38
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by GT on 04.01.2009 at 17:34

Nice site you found there Oyvind, even though I'm not that fond of the results my real name gives

If you feel bad about that, check the results on "Lucas"...
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.01.2009 - 17:41
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by Lucas on 04.01.2009 at 17:38

Even scarier, the first result of my name is my custom title! Elio
----

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
04.01.2009 - 17:57
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by Lucas on 04.01.2009 at 17:38

Ok that's worse...especially the last one
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep