Metal Storm logo
The origin of your username

Original post

Posted by GT, 29.05.2006 - 21:04
What is the story behind your username (and your custom title if you have one)?

In my own case it quite simple. Just the first letters in my first and last name. Boring and easy to remember
04.01.2009 - 17:58
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Hahaha yeah exactly..
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
04.01.2009 - 21:08
Zombie, M.D.
Written by Lucas on 04.01.2009 at 17:58

Hahaha yeah exactly..

Lucas is a delicious candy! I used to live in a Hispanic neighborhood and you could buy little packets of it for $0.25. I can't find it anymore, though. Used to take tequila shots and used Lucas instead of salt.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
05.01.2009 - 04:31
It's the name of the solo project that I'll be starting up in mid 09 (i've been through so many names D;)
----
Burzum did it for the lulz
05.01.2009 - 21:39
Øyvind
Grave Digger
Written by Elio on 03.01.2009 at 16:27

Written by Øyvind on 03.01.2009 at 15:08

I just saw this, great stuff http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=%C3%B8yvind

From which of the two does your name come?

The first one, I'd say. I saw the name somewhere a long time ago, thought it sounded cool (and looked cool, with the Ø and all ) and decided to use it. In fact, I'm going to put the Ø into my username to make it look better

OMG, it seems I opened the Pandora's box
----
06.01.2009 - 02:04
Kriptonita = Kriptonite ... because I like Superman
----
♪♫ I never seem to understand. The time, the place and who I am.

Define a way to stay alive. It's like I'm living a lie ♪♫
06.01.2009 - 02:19
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by .:Kriptonita:. on 06.01.2009 at 02:04

Like a female Kriptonite? only works on Supergirl?
----
Coldgrits
07.01.2009 - 01:37
Written by -DC-002- on 06.01.2009 at 02:19

Like a female Kriptonite? only works on Supergirl?

I prefer superman, but you're right
----

08.01.2009 - 02:48
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat

If you like him why picking the material that makes hiim defenseless?
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
08.01.2009 - 04:25
Zombie, M.D.
Lobo would kill both of them.

My name started as Zombie Shepherd, which was a band I had back in high school. Evolved to Dr. Zombie...then Zombie, M.D..
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
08.01.2009 - 07:04
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 08.01.2009 at 02:48

If you like him why picking the material that makes hiim defenseless?

I like the comic, and I picked it because it's realted, that's it
----

08.01.2009 - 17:52
Wonderlost
Account deleted
Mine is a combination of Alice (which is my name) In Wonderland and the word Lost. It began as a End of Wonderland, and with time.. You know, Wonderlost.
17.01.2009 - 09:09
Ilham
Giant robot
Written by Baz Anderson on 30.12.2008 at 18:05

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.12.2008 at 17:41

Although a lot of people call him Jeff in real life his actual first name is Jean-François.

Haha yes, but if I started trying to call him that in real life, I am sure I would just be laughed at like when I was trying to say various other French names.. like Nantes.. and others I have forgotten. Hahaha.. me and French words don't go together..
Ilham is still around the site on and off.. ask her how bad I am.. I couldn't even read the Clisson street names properly. Hahaha.. what an alien language.

I was just under the impression that "Jeff" is the closest English translation to the name..

Hahaha! Wanna go for a "read-all-the-street-names" walk in Clisson in june 2009 Barry? Because I'm going to be there again. You're right, it almost felt weird when I called him Jean-François, but I think it's just because I don't like long names.
But hey, you're the alien, you were born the wrong side of the sea.

And well, no need to explain where mine comes from. Panzerkampfwagen, shortened.
09.02.2009 - 22:02
Dest
My username is a abbreviation of an old game name I used, Destroyer666.
After I joined a clan, the 666 didn't fit anymore so it became Destroyer, and fellow clanman shortened it to Dest, have been using it for quite some time now.

I know, I'm a nerd
24.02.2009 - 04:18
Phobophobia
Mine's a song by Vio-lence. It's a good song, but the title is why I chose it since phobophobia is such an awesome disorder. It kind of screws with your brain if you really think about it.
27.02.2009 - 19:39
jd-inflames
Account deleted
Mine was derived about 10 years ago...jd being my initials and in flames being my favorite band at that given time. What can I say, originality wasn't something that came standard in a 13 year old kids mind. After using it for so long, it stuck. Most people just call me JD though.
27.02.2009 - 19:48
ForeverDarkWoods
If you don't know what my username is, then you pretty much suck and should be cast out as an enemy of true metal.

It's a Bathory song for all of you who suck so much. Now you know and don't suck so much anymore and can be reaccepted as parts of the metal scene.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
27.02.2009 - 20:11
Elio
Red Nightmare
Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 27.02.2009 at 19:48

If you don't know what my username is, then you pretty much suck and should be cast out as an enemy of true metal.

It's a Bathory song for all of you who suck so much. Now you know and don't suck so much anymore and can be reaccepted as parts of the metal scene.

What if someone, like me, already knew?
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
27.02.2009 - 20:14
ForeverDarkWoods
Written by Elio on 27.02.2009 at 20:11

Written by ForeverDarkWoods on 27.02.2009 at 19:48

What if someone, like me, already knew?

Then you don't necissarily suck and as such you don't necissarily need to be cast out as an enemy of metal.
----
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction!
- George W. Bush, ex-president of the United States of America
11.06.2009 - 22:21
Symbelmyne
Account deleted
Symbelmyne is transformed from Simbelmyné.
It is the flower that grows on the graves of fallen kings and sons in Lord of The Rings.
A white flower.
12.06.2009 - 01:43
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
For those who don't know mine is the town where Michael Myers hacks people to death in the Halloween movies.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
22.06.2009 - 19:49
Zeleznk
My nickname actually comes from my surname ŽELEZNIK (ZHeleznik, železo == iron--> that's why people cal me Ironman )
If you type Železnik into Google Earth you'll probbably find a few settelments with the same name (in Slavic countries of course, the biggest town is Железник in Serbia)
----
()...()
:0,,0:
22.06.2009 - 21:40
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Zeleznk on 22.06.2009 at 19:49

My nickname actually comes from my surname ?ELEZNIK (ZHeleznik, ?elezo == iron--> that's why people cal me Ironman )
If you type ?eleznik into Google Earth you'll probbably find a few settelments with the same name (in Slavic countries of course, the biggest town is Железник in Serbia)

I knew it it was whit iron
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.06.2009 - 21:49
Hellkommando
Current nick is is from the song Soulreaper by Dissection.
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
22.06.2009 - 22:22
Deadmeat
Necrobutcher
Well my username came on my mind just the moment when i decided to register here. i wanted something having to do with death cause thats what expresses me most at the moment (the Death music, not the original death!! ) and so i thought this name... about my custom titli it comes from the nickname of Mayhem's bass player and when i saw his nickname i liked it a lot so i deceded to put it here! nothing symbolic on me!
----
Υou've sold your human essence to the cold world of dead and empty things... You're SOLD!
25.06.2009 - 07:13
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Elio on 04.01.2009 at 17:41

Written by Lucas on 04.01.2009 at 17:38

Written by GT on 04.01.2009 at 17:34

Nice site you found there Oyvind, even though I'm not that fond of the results my real name gives

If you feel bad about that, check the results on "Lucas"...

Even scarier, the first result of my name is my custom title! Elio

Well, it seems according to my real name, I'm both amazing and a piece of crap, by looking at the first 2 pages.
Jonathan
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
31.07.2009 - 14:43
Skøllgrim
Northern
I just wanted a grim sounding nickname, so I thought of Grimskallen ~ The Grim Skull. I might have been sub-consciously influenced by the Borknagar song "Grimskalle Trell" from their first album
31.07.2009 - 18:43
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
Wow...i still didnt introduce "Ellrohir" here...it comes from Lord Of The Rings, where is Elrohir, son of Elrond, but when i wanted to use this name in Morrowind RPG, i added one "L"...since then i developed my own fantasy mythology for a "heaven knight" Ellrohir ("with two Ls") explaining even etymological origin of this name (from "Elad Rihir" - "heaven knight" in elvish language) and this name i now use everywhere
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

27.08.2009 - 08:54
Apparently
Account deleted
Common phrase used by some people in my class. I hated it.
27.08.2009 - 09:18
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
You hated it so much, you made an username from that...
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

27.08.2009 - 12:29
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Ellrohir on 27.08.2009 at 09:18

You hated it so much, you made an username from that...

Apparently