Metal Storm logo
How well do you know other Metalstormers?

Original post

Posted by Dane Train, 03.09.2008 - 01:48
With over 14,000 members, Metal Storm is a popular site. A significant chunk of registered members post in the forums regularly. With almost 15 people over 5,000 posts, and many, many more in the thousands, quite a bit of digital dialog gets tossed around here. But what do we really know about each of them? Just looking at the top 20 I find myself shocked that I still don't know as much as I should (or would like to) about them. We all know Ivan created this place and does an amazing job keeping the whole site running (is that enough butt kissing to earn me some points?), Marcel has been a Metalhead since the days of Mozart and Beethoven and K7 can't spell to save a life (no seriously, 6 people died this week because of his spelling mistakes). Still, there are some members who I have gotten to know fairly well, like Kap'N Korrupt.

The question is, what do you know about other members and what would you like to know, especially the top posters here. Go down the list, and ask yourself those questions. I just feel that getting to know one another better can really improve the overall quality of this site?then again you can all just ignore me.
04.09.2008 - 19:30
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by buki of steel on 04.09.2008 at 18:22

wow,dude,i envy you! best years of metallica and you watched them! is it worth to be grumpy old man today because of those concerts in past? hahaha

Hell YEAH, it is totally worth the grumpiness nowadays, especially where it concerns Metallica's releases.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

04.09.2008 - 22:02
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Heeh, my turn I guess.

Kariasakis7 aka Bad English - the reason Ive put him on the first place is that he is the first MSer i got to know here. Nothing really new to say about him, everyone here knows him and his outrageous English and affection for football and alcohol

hanna of steel - One of the older regular members here, very friendly and polite, person with whom you can have some real quality conversations. Also, amateur photographer like me, just lot better

Hobbit Viggo - Also a great dude to talk with, he is very smart and reasonable, likes languages and studies among others - Chinese, currently resides in Beijing.

buki of steel - Another old school drunkard, with good taste for thrash metal, (not just in thrash, but he listens good thrash bands ) very easy going dude, I guess one of those that are essential for making a good party

Aronax (Of Steel) - well, not really a MS member anymore, but heh, the only MSer I know personally, so i dont give a shit... I know some people hate him here, I know some people who like him here. He is smart and has great knowledge, but also has a very short fuse, which pushes him into troubles sometimes, but as I met him personally, and he is a really good company if you know him little better.

Valentin B - Big fan of Judas Priest, also fan of cold weapons, swords especially. Officially the greatest joke teller on MS, I owe him 2 beers already because of that.

W-Lash - Another dude who is interested in Wars and history, he is also digging and searching for old stuff from wars, etc...

I know i forgot at least 5 of you, but I cannot type anymore now, maybe will add smth later
----
05.09.2008 - 00:02
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Ernotar on 04.09.2008 at 18:43

Little Death - She has her own special sense of humor that not everyone always understands, but she bakes the best cookies in the world. She's also the one who made me become a metalhead and introduced this website to me.

...and she's your sister, you kinda forgot that huh?

Written by Stalker on 04.09.2008 at 22:02

Valentin B - Big fan of Judas Priest, also fan of cold weapons, swords especially. Officially the greatest joke teller on MS, I owe him 2 beers already because of that.

my sister is coming to Belgrade in november, if i can amass enough money until then i'd visit too, would be nice to have free beer(though you're in Novi Sad if i remember correctly)
05.09.2008 - 00:10
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Valentin B on 05.09.2008 at 00:02

Little Death - She has her own special sense of humor that not everyone always understands, but she bakes the best cookies in the world. She's also the one who made me become a metalhead and introduced this website to me.

...and she's your sister, you kinda forgot that huh?

Written by Stalker on 04.09.2008 at 22:02

my sister is coming to Belgrade in november, if i can amass enough money until then i'd visit too, would be nice to have free beer(though you're in Novi Sad if i remember correctly)

Yes, Near Novi Sad in fact. But in november ill be residing in NS since I will study there, and my best friend is going to study in Belgrade, and the train is cheap as hell here (although someone can steal the reailroad tracks, and you get your ass all messed up if you are in that train - saw it in the news today, someone have stolen 5 meters of tracks and the train went to hell, ) ....so the chance is not small I could get there and dring some beer with you just be sure to tell me on time if youre comming
----
05.09.2008 - 00:13
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Stalker on 05.09.2008 at 00:10

Yes, Near Novi Sad in fact. But in november ill be residing in NS since I will study there, and my best friend is going to study in Belgrade, and the train is cheap as hell here (although someone can steal the reailroad tracks, and you get your ass all messed up if you are in that train - saw it in the news today, someone have stolen 5 meters of tracks and the train went to hell, ) ....so the chance is not small I could get there and dring some beer with you just be sure to tell me on time if youre comming

sure, i'll give you a shout. and LOL that thing happens in Romania too, though i've never heard of something that extreme, stealing railroad tracks, maybe the little screws and stuff, but not ALL the rails, didn't anyone get hurt?
05.09.2008 - 00:16
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by Valentin B on 05.09.2008 at 00:13

Written by Stalker on 05.09.2008 at 00:10

sure, i'll give you a shout. and LOL that thing happens in Romania too, though i've never heard of something that extreme, stealing railroad tracks, maybe the little screws and stuff, but not ALL the rails, didn't anyone get hurt?

yeah, they have stolen whole 5 meters of them luckily, i think that the train that went off was cargo train
----
05.09.2008 - 00:53
Deadgirl
Written by Valentin B on 03.09.2008 at 20:23

Metaloli is one of the few girl-gamers, she's also secretely in love with Dead, she probably doesn't know he killed himself years ago but shhhh

^-- LOL, I do know it, I promise. I've known for... as long as I can remember knowing Mayhem. :3

I consider some people here friends, but I don't think I know too much about most of them...

I know that Jonas plays WOW. What a nerd. XP
----
Remember that you are mortal.
05.09.2008 - 06:22
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Valentin B on 03.09.2008 at 20:23

+Jonas+ is the cat lover(sometimes it's creepy though, he calls his pet cat his brother ), and he likes every band that you don't like their newer stuff

I must make somethign clear: IF he was my pet cat, he'd be my son, not my brother. He's MOM'S pet cat, therefore it's obvious he's my brother
And yes I like teh new stuff everyone hates, and the bands everyone hates too. I'm that mainstream

+{Jonas}+ - I guess I'm not the first person to tell you that he likes cats. He's also a big fan of tattoo art and has given me good advice, when it comes to taking a tattoo, but as much as he'd like that; no, my first tattoo won't be a huge colourful something in the middle of my back.

Written by Deadgirl on 05.09.2008 at 00:53

I know that Jonas plays WOW. What a nerd. XP

Considerong you play RPG andgo to cons... I'm not that nerd.

Damn, I had hopes you had a colorful piece. But hey, as long as you get tattooed, I'm happy.

Well i guess it's my turn now:

Bad English (Formerly K7): To add soemthgn to what's been said, he doesn't believe in love. And he willprobably never show his face

hanna (of steel soemtimes): One of my best friends here, indeed she's like our mother and she gives opretty good advice, and she makes me laugh a lot sometimes too

Ernotar:She and her sister bakecookies every decemberfor the "most famous" MS members. As far as I know there's always a hidden message. BTW, I still have the pic of the cookie you baked for me Thanks

Warman: MS's pretty boy, loves drinking and hanging out with his friends, hi father was a body builder and is a dierhard Metallica fan and probably the biggest Deathstars fan here.

Oracle: With Dark Cornatus, they're our lovebirds, she loves Orcas (spite Orcas have attacked people), hates cold, and is always smiling, or so it seems.

Valentin:He loves movies, swords, Judas Priest, and doesnt' look friendly. But appearance are deceiving and h is indeed pretty friendly and openminded.

Vranalalala: She's an artist a damn good one. Also writtes pretty damn good, and you can have amazing conversations with her. yeah, she's a good friend

Stalker: Mihail Kalashnikov's biggest fan, his username will always be epic for me. ( thought he had takn it from Warcraft or sth)

MadGatsu: Another WOW geek, a very very nice guy, he was studying in Poland and he's soon to retunr to portugal.

Metaloli: Like Vaentin said, a weird specimen of a girl videogamer. Her fixation with Dead is a bit creeopy though. Also: IDK how the hell she combines being br00tal und krig while weargin hello kitty earphones. WTF.

Marcel H. The man who will never accept tehnew Metallica, he has been liostening to metal since before I was born, he has like 250.000 CDs or sth. like that, he's a translator, and soemtimes he seems a bit grumpy (no offense)

Lucas: One of te nicest persons I know, a good staff member, follower of the rules and I'm very grateful with him for activating Godsmack and Disturbed

wrathchild: Last but never least, the übermod, the keepeer of order in the forum. Probablñy many peopel hates him, but I'm grateful. He's a nice guy, studyiong a post-degree (I don't know what yet) a big fan of Andre Matos, and owner of one fo the coolest hairs here

Dane Train (AKA Hemock): The guy who introduced me to Demon Hunter, a faithful christian, who has soem nice pics and apparentl has some crazy parties with his friends...
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
05.09.2008 - 08:40
nana.MD
Star-Queen
...wow!! u do know well some metalstormers
hmm...i haven't been around lately until now so, i'm a little bit lost lol...i started getting in touch with several MS by facebook but it's quite recently...i think the MS i know the most are +{Jonas}+, º HoSTiLe º, Kariasakis7, Alucard & Herzebeth...we've kept in touch by msn, myspace, etc...i've known them for a couple of years now
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
05.09.2008 - 08:48
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 05.09.2008 at 06:22

Valentin:He loves movies, swords, Judas Priest, and doesnt' look friendly. But appearance are deceiving and h is indeed pretty friendly and openminded.

i don't look friendly?

you're the first person i heard tell me that lmao, guess the pic in my profile is too weird

thanks for the rest though lol
05.09.2008 - 09:52
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
@ Valentin B Hehee... Yeah, it must've slipped my mind that she's my sister too. I bet she's like "shhhh, I don't want anyone to know you're my sister".

@ +{Jonas}+ Now we have pressure. We need to start thinking about the cookies already now, so that we can beat last year's pic. And the amount of names we want to include, increases every year, so soon it's hard to take a pic. No matter how hard we try, someone is always asking "where's my cookie?" Maybe we need to start some application system.

Anyway, there are a couple of names I completely forgot to mention in my last message:

Ylside - He's a nice guy and very intelligent too. He studies economics, just like me. He also has a turtle.

Baz - He's the biggest Helloween fan I know. I once asked him in msn to recommend me a good Helloween album and to be honest, I thought that list would never end. But I appreciate the help though. And he also likes cartoons and animations.
----
You'll never walk alone.
05.09.2008 - 10:14
Oracle
Orcinus

Oracle: With Dark Cornatus, they're our lovebirds, she loves Orcas (spite Orcas have attacked people), hates cold, and is always smiling, or so it seems.

Orcas have only attacked people in captivity NOT in the wild and beside all whales and dolphins can be dangerous and have attacked people
Oh and you can also add that i hate the rain too as it has not stopped for 3 days
05.09.2008 - 13:09
Stalker
Lone wanderer

Stalker: Mihail Kalashnikov's biggest fan, his username will always be epic for me. ( thought he had takn it from Warcraft or sth)

Hahah, true, but I didnt take it from Warcraft, I dont play Warcraft It is however connected to game - "S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl" and also a Russian movie from '79 called Stalker
----
05.09.2008 - 13:47
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by [user id=26446] on 05.09.2008 at 13:32

Written by Lucas on 03.09.2008 at 23:18

Written by [user id=26446] on 03.09.2008 at 09:29

James Woods, If that was you I remember you, a bit.

Yeah that be me dude it's sikk not many people at all know me on here now even though I have been here for longer than every member that has joined in the last few years

You had another account, or what?
----
05.09.2008 - 14:50
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Warman on 03.09.2008 at 02:10

I don't really "know" anyone (except for my friends who don't post). Otherwise there's some members I know more than other, like Dane being Christian and always defends his faith one way or another, Jonas being a cat lover like me, K7 can't spell at all, loves soccer, alcohol and sometimes visit Sweden, Marcel's been listening to Metal for like a lifetime, Lucas has a good taste when it comes to depressive music and is a year younger than me but looks probably five years older than me, Korrupt... likes Rush, Ivan is our God, pyro's a guy you can always count on when you wanna laugh, Dr.Rock being our Glam nerd, Stigmatized has ancestors from Sweden and Dark Cornatus and Oracle are our lovebirds. So yeah, I barely know nothing about us...

I'll come up with questions later.

does this ring any bells?

05.09.2008 - 15:07
Stalker
Lone wanderer
Written by [user id=26446] on 05.09.2008 at 14:57

Yeah I did dude, but it got cancelled when I got banned for racism so I stole my mate's one who didn't use it fukked that one up and then had to make another one, have had 3 different accounts now or it might be 4 actually...?

LOL... you racist bastard! What was the first one called??
----
05.09.2008 - 16:24
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Valentin B on 05.09.2008 at 14:50

does this ring any bells?

Haha, I guess you mean my middle name being Milhouse? That's funny!
----
05.09.2008 - 16:34
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite

Dane Train (AKA Hemock): The guy who introduced me to Demon Hunter, a faithful christian, who has soem nice pics and apparentl has some crazy parties with his friends...

Oh man, our parties are crazy...in a geeky sort of way. I wish more Metalstormers could come to the events we have. I would just love to see Ivan and Marcel dressed up as Peter Pan characters.
----
(space for rent)
05.09.2008 - 17:50
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=23805] on 05.09.2008 at 17:05

Written by Dane Train on 05.09.2008 at 16:34

Oh man, our parties are crazy...in a geeky sort of way. I wish more Metalstormers could come to the events we have. I would just love to see Ivan and Marcel dressed up as Peter Pan characters.

Peter pan, huh?..........hmmmmmmm. Could I be a tree? (A tree that doesn't wear tights or frilly green tank tops)

I HATE Peter Pan and all the characters concerned. I wish the guy had flown into a brick wall and broken his neck
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.09.2008 - 18:02
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by [user id=23805] on 05.09.2008 at 17:05

Peter pan, huh?..........hmmmmmmm. Could I be a tree? (A tree that doesn't wear tights or frilly green tank tops)

If you want to. I personally lead the Piccaninny Warriors into battle and massacre the Pirate forces of Captain James Hook.

----
(space for rent)
05.09.2008 - 18:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by [user id=23805] on 05.09.2008 at 18:00

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 05.09.2008 at 17:50

I HATE Peter Pan and all the characters concerned. I wish the guy had flown into a brick wall and broken his neck

Hahahah. Peter Pan's story always disturbed me. Maybe I'm looking too far into it (definitely), but someday Pete's gonna wanna get laid and he's still gonna be a kid........now......*ahem*.......I do not approve of children having sex. Even old children.

Who wrote Peter Pan? That sick bastard.

Disturbing it is indeed. A grown-up man playing with children, now, if that doesn't spell out peadophilia, then what does?
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.09.2008 - 18:19
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by [user id=23805] on 05.09.2008 at 18:12

Oh, HAHAHAHAHA! Everything in that picture is wrong. To think that there's a series of events that actually led up to and resulted in what you have just shown me......

I once flirted with the idea of understanding life, but since then (2 minutes ago) I've given up.

And that happens every April, when around 100 people dress up as Lost Boys, Pirates, Indians and Tweeners and engage in an epic battle with 10,000 water balloons and bamboo swords wrapped in foam. Not to mention a pirate ship, tree fort and tepee (which actually caught on fire this year) cover the battle field.

Yeah, there is a huge series of events leading up to this including the building of armies, stock piling weapons, creating costumes, constructing forts and of course the kidnapping of Tiger Lilly. And yes, that is a guy in a green dress. Jon Ammons plays Tinkerbell every year.

We go all out for this event every year.

We have also done the same sort of thing with Star Wars.
----
(space for rent)
05.09.2008 - 18:24
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dane Train on 05.09.2008 at 18:19

i kinda saw that coming..

05.09.2008 - 18:29
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by Valentin B on 05.09.2008 at 18:24

Written by Dane Train on 05.09.2008 at 18:19

i kinda saw that coming..

For that one we built a Millennium Falcon and had some amazing costumes.
----
(space for rent)
05.09.2008 - 18:34
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by [user id=23805] on 05.09.2008 at 18:31

Does Jon Ammons also play Leia?

HAHA! No, he doesn't I wish he did. That would be so funny.
----
(space for rent)
05.09.2008 - 18:43
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by [user id=23805] on 05.09.2008 at 18:37

Well don't give him any funny ideas! But if you fail, try to discourage the slave Leia outfit.

I don't think he'll go that far. There is actually a really funny story behind him wearing the Tinkerbell outfit. But With Star Wars I don't think we have to worry because we have Jedi, Sith and Fetts!

----
(space for rent)
05.09.2008 - 19:14
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by [user id=23805] on 05.09.2008 at 18:57

Wow.

wow, good? or Wow, bad?
----
(space for rent)
05.09.2008 - 19:40
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Elite
Written by [user id=23805] on 05.09.2008 at 19:19

Wow as in I've been up for 35 hours and I'm braindead. But this has been entertaining.

Good work on the costumes, but what's the girl supposed to be? She's too tall to be an ewok and too short to be a wookie and not hairy enough for either.

Yeah, that is Holly, she went as an Ewok. I guess you'll just have to pretend that she is short?
----
(space for rent)
05.09.2008 - 20:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
How can I forgot some members sorry people

Ylside - owner of 10 000 camels and also man who dont like rain

Mat and Jodie - traveling to Europa and also killer vales

Southern Wind - U.De Chile barras bravas

Torelli - good poet and also good person,

Raiged Dreamer - I miss her posts in poetry tread, realy talamnted poet

BleedingAngel - firts person who PM me here

Xymox - She well football and beer

Bas - Nice guy from Swiss who one was near Baltic sea

Thyrice - one of hardest spellin member name here
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.09.2008 - 21:39
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Dane Train on 05.09.2008 at 19:40

Written by [user id=23805] on 05.09.2008 at 19:19

Wow as in I've been up for 35 hours and I'm braindead. But this has been entertaining.

Good work on the costumes, but what's the girl supposed to be? She's too tall to be an ewok and too short to be a wookie and not hairy enough for either.

Yeah, that is Holly, she went as an Ewok. I guess you'll just have to pretend that she is short?

the guy who was Darth Nihilus looks pretty fake lol. anyone dressed like Kreia(with fake dead hand), Bastilla, Revan, Malak, Handmaiden, Bao-Dur, G0T0, HK47, Visas or Sion? or at least Kyle??

they should make a KOTOR 2 movie ffs. by FAR the best story outside the movies, haven't played KOTOR1 though.

damn, i'm such a Star Wars(and LOTR and Dragon Ball Z too) nerd i'd be the first one to enroll in such an act

EDIT and who the hell is the dude standing next to Nihilus dressed up as?