Metal Storm logo
How did you end up here?

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 13.01.2007 - 15:46
(read above)
i think i was searching for an online metal clothing site and accidentally googled the whole web, when i was trying to search only romanian sites.
what about you? i'm particularly interested in the old school members(ozman,wrathchild,tommy tee, pyroleprechaun etc.).
16.01.2007 - 14:23
dark-1988
Account deleted
Was just randomly searching for metal sites.. and this one caught my attention.. I joined a month after discovering.. what a great site it is.
16.01.2007 - 15:40
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
It was the era of my life when I swam into gothic metal (I was into thrash and black then), which wasn't as popular as it is today and I was looking for some bands, I knew only Tristania and Theatre of Tragedy before that from this genre. I still remember MS used to have descriptions of metal genres back then and not as half as bands as now listed. So I was looking for some bands, discoevred The Gathering which were falsly put under gothic (still, thank you MS! ) and The Sins of Thy Beloved. Later on I joined the forum also. I still remember that we used to have +1 system when you wanted to grant someone for good post or something like that and I still remember I got my first +1 for having a ''cool Lacuna Cpil avatar'' And I still remember how much fun junkyard was... I made some good friends back then, too bad most of them are gone, I really miss them... Ah well, I'm still here tho, feeling like a loser since I've been here for 3 years now and only have 2000 posts...
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
16.01.2007 - 21:39
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by AntaeusM on 13.01.2007 at 19:59

About old-school members. I don't really know when wrathchild joined(he just suddenly popped up out of nowhere ) but I think Ozman was already the "second generation". Tommy Tee and pyroleprechaun even came much later. Basically the "old-school", or the first group of metallers who gathered on this website were Ivan, Jeff, Dream_Taster, Fadekiller, Lorddevil, Loculles, Destroyah, Gotterdammerung, Keli, Deadsoulman, marco, Negaiss, myself and maybe a few others I forget. sorry if I forgot a person Anyway, those were the old-school members. Sadly, a lot of them aren't active anymore.

Wrathchild joined two or three days before me. So both Wrathchild and me are "second generation", that is true. If I remember correctly when I joined you weren't particularly active due to RSI or something.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.01.2007 - 21:41
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Linak on 13.01.2007 at 21:00

Written by Ernotar on 13.01.2007 at 19:21

My sister found this site and I used to read some of the forum posts over her shoulder and found them sometimes pretty amusing. Then I decided to become a member too. So, basically if my dear little sister hadn't "introduced" this page to me, I wouldn't be here.

Oh I was introduced too!

Though I wish my sister would have decided to become a member after reading over my shoulder

Anyway, a guy I used to date told me to go to metalstorm.ee, register and make 100 posts, and then something really cool was going to happen, so I got VERY curious and started posting over and over again until I reached those 100 posts in one night (obviously spamming SO much), eventually he told me the 'really cool thing' was that I could upload a pic on the gallery u_u'

Seeing as I spammed so much, I was instantly banned and couldn't upload it anyway hah ^^ but I did like the forum, so I sticked around

Btw, I still remember it was Ozman who banned me

Did I ban you? I can't even remember that. And why did I ban you?
Well, I wouldn't dare ban you now or else Blackgir will probably take the train to my house and burn it down
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

16.01.2007 - 22:45
-tom-
Mr FancyPants
Bah! wish i was one of the "old school members". Back in 2002/'03 i was busy getting drunk and fondling fat girls.

i miss school.
----
"This rudderless world is not shaped my metaphysical forces. It is not God who kills the children. Not fate that butchers them or destiny that feeds them to the dogs. It's us. Only us"

Read Watchmen.
16.01.2007 - 23:20
Angelique
Bitchy Moderator
Elite
I think first time I got lost and found myself in Metal Storm was early 2003, probably was looking a review for some album or something but I kinda got hooked up on the forum, at that time I had absolutely no intention to post anything myself but there was few discussions that I followed daily.. I think I can blame Azhidahak and Marcel for eventually logging in and become a memeber.. those two got me SO extremely annoyed with their cocky "i know everything about everything" attitude LOL The funny thing is that both became a really good friends to me later on
I can't remember exactly when I was promoted to mod, I was talking a lot to Scott (fadekiller) and helping him with the radio, he wanted to promote me as a staff as i was doing a lot of stuff already for the site but it was Jeff who insisted that I should be a mod too.
----
I have more faith in my plumber than I do the eternal being. Plumbers do a good job. They keep the shit flowing.
-C.Bukowski
16.01.2007 - 23:42
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Angelique on 16.01.2007 at 23:20

I think I can blame Azhidahak and Marcel for eventually logging in and become a memeber.. those two got me SO extremely annoyed with their cocky "i know everything about everything" attitude LOL .

I cannot vouch for Soheil but I DO know everything about everything
I sure do remember you being annoyed with us. I think we started becoming friends during the discussions concerning the 2004 awards when that was the first time I ever used MSN in my life. Ah well, the good old days...
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

17.01.2007 - 00:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Hey Im not shore if I can post it here but here are info about us in MySpace

http://groups.myspace.com/metalstormers

So something to read
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.01.2007 - 03:39
Soliloquy
ahh, good ol' google. where would most of us be if it werent for google? huh?

well, i wassearching for random heavy/prog metal bands through google. i found this site, but found it too big to really work. so i just stayed in the shadows, and then accidentally i discovered MS Radio. through which i found bands and genres that i never knew would interest me. i fell in love with genres other than gothic metal. so yeah, MS kicked my ass, and i enjoyed it!

and now, i'll stay here coz of the musicans page. its fun to fuck around there
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
17.01.2007 - 04:49
Prugor
Mr. Offensive
Written by Zombie, M.D. on 14.01.2007 at 05:59

I found the site while I was looking for information on Burzum. Prugor, Rand Al Thor (they used to be pretty active members here) and I joined within around 5 days of each other.

Eh, yeah. See, life happens. Lost a computer, lost the internet. Got net back, using roommates computer. Things change. Music tastes change as well. Less access to what Ive been listening to for years kinda blows. Tax season is coming up, so I'll grab a new computer then.

I wish I didn't fade away, I kinda miss trolling around here and getting canned for two weeks at a time. It was fun.

-Prugorcore!
----
Ah... Girl look at that body, Ah... I work out
17.01.2007 - 05:03
Bitch Boy
I discovered MS a long long time ago. I do remember I was looking for some info about The Sins Of Thy Beloved (as Wrathchild), because I couldn't find "the official website", so I ended up here. but never thought of registering until.... I can't remember but well, I remember it was a little before the new site was launched.

BTW it's good to read the stories from the old MS school
17.01.2007 - 20:44
Linak
I Own You Bitch
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 16.01.2007 at 21:41

Did I ban you? I can't even remember that. And why did I ban you?
Well, I wouldn't dare ban you now or else Blackgir will probably take the train to my house and burn it down

Yes you did! For spamming, for a whole month. I remember it as if it had been yesterday and I had no idea why I couldn't see the reply box on the forums, so I went and asked YOU and you said you had banned me for spamming ^^'
Haha, good. He can be a bit scary sometimes huh?
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
17.01.2007 - 21:35
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Written by Bitch Boy on 17.01.2007 at 05:03

but never thought of registering until.... I can't remember

It was on 21 April 2006, as it says in your profile.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
17.01.2007 - 22:38
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Lucas on 17.01.2007 at 21:35

Ha Ha Good Observation
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
17.01.2007 - 23:48
Ulven i Manden
Account deleted
I was searching some informations about Ulver's "Blood Inside" and that is how I discovered MS. It was Summer 2005. Until I have registered I checked only some informations about bands, read rewievs etc. I registered after 1 year of seldom visits... in 2006. I have never thought before that I could made above 20 posts...
18.01.2007 - 00:03
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
I got introduced to this site through a former flatmate of mine who was looking for some samples of power metal bands. Well, somehow I decided to register on 23 September 2003 (as can be seen in my profile) and started to check out the forum, started to post intensively somehow although I never did that before on any forum. Well, became a mod about one or two weeks later when Jeff asked me if I was interested in that function (he probably wanted a grey very old mod so he could make fun of my age )
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

18.01.2007 - 00:20
Bitch Boy
Written by Lucas on 17.01.2007 at 21:35

That's right Thank you dude!! I was thinking, did the new MS version arrive on May??
18.01.2007 - 23:28
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 18.01.2007 at 00:03

I got introduced to this site through a former flatmate of mine who was looking for some samples of power metal bands. Well, somehow I decided to register on 23 September 2003 (as can be seen in my profile) and started to check out the forum, started to post intensively somehow although I never did that before on any forum. Well, became a mod about one or two weeks later when Jeff asked me if I was interested in that function (he probably wanted a grey very old mod so he could make fun of my age )

Mmm. back in 2003 , when metalstorm was undiscoverd , everyone could be a mod or a staff
At that time , first come was very well served

Edit: Just joking
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
19.01.2007 - 10:36
Cato9021
Kurzag introduced me to this page in late 2003, but I never registered until early 2004.
----
I månens sken vi dem tar, vi så renar vår skog tills ingen kristen finns kvar

In the shimmering moonlight we hunt them, and flee into our forest until there are no Christians left.
24.01.2007 - 05:07
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
It was thank to my cousin, Andrés (AKA Hell Hound). He recomended me the site to get info about bands, you know: albums, track lists, members... One day I saw the comics and well I loved them, so I explored a bit the site, and decided to join, back in november 2005. Only a year and two months ago.

I didn't post during the first months I was here, I only posted coments in teh comics, after I saw all the forums and I knew I could learn a lot in here, I started posting "seriously" Now well, I'm have 931 posts... 54 Points (Don't know what for ) I have know a lot of new bands (Icluding my favorite one, In Extremo)... Some friends... and love.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
25.01.2007 - 14:41
Empress
Back in 1999 there was a metal board called Metal Storm ...when the screen opened a huge lighting bolt came down and your hear the sound of thunder crashing...I posted on that board for a few months until the webmaster decided it was too much trouble and expense so he closed it down. I searched for awhile hoping he reopened but could not find it. I found other boards since then, that I current post on. A year or so ago I searched again for the name Metal Storm and found this board. It is a huge improvement over the older BBS sytle boards that where available in 1999 so I'm glad I found it.
30.01.2007 - 22:03
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I was searching for some metal related sites, I don't remember the particular search and then I opened this site. And I thought "well this seems nice, opinions about bands, genres, cd reviews, lets check it" after some hours I decided to register. I was shy at first and often said what I didnt want to say in the beggining. As I felt more confortable I would put some more thought into what I wrote here and how I wrote it. I'm glad I found this site, I met great ppl here, most of all ppl that can understand what I feel at times and ppl that enjoy other things rather than the usual.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
05.02.2007 - 12:14
Dark Stalker
I followed my GF , she is here since 2004.
----
In luck we trust!
06.02.2007 - 09:25
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
I joined this site almost after 2 years I knew this site. I saw this site for the first time when I searched for the band 'Death'.
----
that which shines without names and forms...
06.02.2007 - 09:48
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Was searching for information on the Austrian band Darkwell and came across this site...it seemed nice and easy to use, so I joined and started posting and learning...most of the bands I currently know and listen to are because of the forum, the 'similar bands'-feature and the old 'members also in'-feature.
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
07.02.2007 - 14:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dark Stalker on 05.02.2007 at 12:14

And what's her name in MS?
----

08.02.2007 - 15:48
Dark Stalker
Written by Bad English on 07.02.2007 at 14:54

Her name is Golden Wing
----
In luck we trust!
08.02.2007 - 16:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dark Stalker on 08.02.2007 at 15:48

Written by Bad English on 07.02.2007 at 14:54

Her name is Golden Wing

I never guess it , she comes before me here, and I noticed her when she post in Ashes You Leave treade
----

12.02.2007 - 09:09
BADDEST MEMBER
I knew Metalstorm since 2002 or 2003. Its very famous to be known by vietnamese metalhead or rockhead. Though I just use it for bands profile and the album/cd rate to be able to buy goods stuff to hear. And I really joined the forum since only for 5 months. So cheer for me,
16.02.2007 - 07:28
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
In November of 2002 I put Metal into google and Metalstorm was in the first page so I decided to check it out...I poked around as a guest, posting here and there and shit like that until June of 2003 when I started posting...