Metal Storm logo
The origin of your username

Original post

Posted by GT, 29.05.2006 - 21:04
What is the story behind your username (and your custom title if you have one)?

In my own case it quite simple. Just the first letters in my first and last name. Boring and easy to remember
03.06.2006 - 10:34
TheKreator
Account deleted
Well...in my case it may be pretty obvious...i love the band Kreator...and also..my real name is Dan, and all my friends, ususally when they have to say "Oh my God!" say "Oh, my Dan"..so..i'm a lil bit of a Kreator
04.06.2006 - 19:23
Trifixion
Account deleted
Take one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite albums from one of my favorite bands and you have my name
(Trifixion from Deicide- Legion )
04.06.2006 - 19:31
Alouqua
Account deleted
mmm... mine... Is a succubus. Need an explanation?
05.06.2006 - 16:24
Kurzag
Account deleted
I found my username at barrowdowns.com
05.06.2006 - 16:30
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
Easy if you're into Egyptian mythology : Sekhmet was the war goddess (the more vicious of the two war goddesses, the second being Bast), seen as a fierce lioness and bringer of disease, who could only be calmed down by blood. Her bloodlust would have led to the slaughter of humanity if Ra hadn't tricked her to drink beer coloured with red ochre so that it resembled blood, making her so drunk that she gave up slaughter... Nice, isn't she?
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
06.06.2006 - 21:16
Anton Alcolust
hum , it's my band's name , taken from a novel of heroic fantasy of M. Gaborit , Abyme . I like this author , he create a amazing world .
----
A.M.S.G.
08.06.2006 - 17:53
Nightmare^
hmmm....."sakis" is my real name and as for the "nightmare", well, I really don't know.....just came to mind a few years ago when I started using the internet...OR, I may have been inspired by the Nightmare character of the Soul Calibur 2 video-game....
----
09.06.2006 - 02:06
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
My previous, AnGina-- was by Tristania's song, the big G there for a personal reason PhoeNNix by Jean Grey a.k.a. Phoenix in X-Men 3, cause she's my roal model and again the NN for a personal reason
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
10.06.2006 - 20:54
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
It is actually related to a poem i wrote long time ago, where I describe my life, i see it as a blood tear.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
10.06.2006 - 21:00
Sekhmet
Electric Witch
Written by BloodTears on 10.06.2006 at 20:54

It is actually related to a poem i wrote long time ago, where I describe my life, i see it as a blood tear.

I thought it was referring to Blind Guardian's song
----
I wish I had a mental survival kit...
10.06.2006 - 21:04
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
good idea but no. I like yours though.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
10.06.2006 - 21:49
The Alchemist
Metalchemist
After reading a book called The Alchemist (Paulo Coelho) I liked really much this history and lately I've been interested in alchemy
----

I'm not afraid to die, I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it
Sensorium - Epica
11.06.2006 - 00:16
KryptoN
imperceptible
Being interested in chemistry I was browsing the chemistry book 7 or 8 years ago and the list of elements. Then I realised that some of the names could make good nicks. I had a few in mind to choose from, like Xenon and Zirconium but in the end I thought they were too cheesy so I picked up a more "normal" one. "Krypton" derives from a greek word kryptos which means hidden (it's a noble gas which means it has low reactivity and it is colourless and odourless, and is present in the air at about 1 ppm (parts per million)). There are really no deep meanings in my nick.

And no, Superman doesn't have anything to do with my choice, superman fucking sucks. I didn't even know there was a planet Krypton in it at the time... This is my second nick ever, I used my first nick "BoneCrusher" (yes I know, crappy) online in Worms 2.
15.06.2006 - 11:21
..ExoTeaR..
well mine was DEADI6 and it came from my inabilty to aim on fps (first person shooter) games so when i got holy or unholy at aiming i decided a name change was in order so i flicked throu some of my poetry and sure enough there it was exotear which is an expresion of the feeling at the time i was writing and can be interpretted anyway you want to really, now i name everything exotear and my guitars name is hymaglobin which is propely spelt hemoglobin or haemoglobin which is a conponent of your blood>>>>>>>>>> go to the wikipedia and read about it if your that intrested
----
[-0-] Aussie Aussie Aussie!!!
17.06.2006 - 02:28
Dam3k
Well... it comes from a creator of a visual style for windows xp I just like the name and started using it in cs:source later I discovered this forum so... I didn't hesitate about using this name for this site as well... atm I think is the one I always use
----

17.06.2006 - 20:32
Destryphior
I made it up needed a new nick and just took something that sounded cool, öhhmm grim, and made it up, no story no nothing, boring me...
17.06.2006 - 23:10
FlareHeart
My username was a spur of the moment thing inspired by my avatar pic. I cannot have one without the other. There was something that caught my attention with the phoenix/dragon combination and I couldn't let it go, it's now the username and pic that I use on most everything.
----
~That which yields is not always weak.~
17.06.2006 - 23:49
CrematorY
Account deleted
My nickname comes from the first metal band i ever listened to in my entire life and the most influential metal band in my life
20.06.2006 - 21:53
bangladesh
My nick is the begining of the name of my my prefered song of ever. Also, gives a mistic apearence
21.06.2006 - 18:09
fire101
Account deleted
My name comes from my uncle who called me fire because I like to play with fire. The 101 is like the easiest of a class you would take, so its like a class on how to play with fire. I know, I should change it.
27.06.2006 - 00:14
rebelos
Account deleted
rebel = revolutioner
the word had the same meaning when it first came to Greece
but as the years passed it changed to lazy

so rebelos = lazy

that's who i am!!
27.06.2006 - 21:36
tulkas
el parcero
Tulkas was one of the first Valar created by Tolkien, being the strongest and most skilled during combat. Not that I consider myself as a strong person, I just happened to like the name for some reason
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
27.06.2006 - 23:44
Hellish Star
From the band HELSTAR, one of world's best but most underrated true metal bands

Check them at www.helstar.com
----
www.myspace.com/hellishstar

Metal To Infiity Webzine: http://users.telenet.be/metaltoinfinity/MTIindex.htm
28.06.2006 - 17:54
heresiarch
Forever Dead
heresiarch is A big bad ass wizard in A pc game HEXEN (beyond heretic) [1994]
the word means High priest of heresy or main preacher of heresy
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
29.06.2006 - 04:07
Vinnie R.
Chido Chido
Mictlan comes from the aztec mythology, is the place where the soul goes after death and after crossing many obstacles like wind that cuts, the ruler is called Mictlantecutlih, he and his wife Mictlanticihuatl are the ruler of hell and their skin was rotten or they use the skin of the humans for cover themselves. Well i like it because was the name of my band too.

By the way bloodtears, i think it came from blind guardian too.
30.06.2006 - 20:41
Basso
Account deleted
Mine is the nick I have with my mates in RL and it wasnt taken here so... I took it! Muahah ^^
02.07.2006 - 01:23
Olddoggie
Account deleted
Quite simple, take a look at my age...
02.07.2006 - 01:37
LethargyMan
My username has two parts to its origin:

1. I'm lazy.

2. I'm a man.
----
Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.
By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty.
02.07.2006 - 03:37
Jerk
It's taken from my first, middle and last name. Few letters from each one.
----
Oct 1 - COB, BDM
Dec 7 - CC, BoO
02.07.2006 - 16:06
W-Lash
Metal Master
When i first opened mIRC, i needed a username. So i opened my mp3 folder and found Whiplash (from Metallica). But then one day it was already taken by another user so i shortened it a bit - W-Lash.
Now my nick here is B.Sc.Ing. W-Lash but it's only a temporary username (B.Sc.Ing. - science engineering bachelor).