Metal Storm logo
Welcome Newcomers!

Original post

Posted by White Winter Sun, 07.05.2008 - 23:48
Written by Ilham on 07.05.2008 at 12:57

I'm not new here, but I wanted to say I am back, for those who recognized me. After a little while, and some change, it feels good to come back.

Welcome back Ilham
18.03.2012 - 18:41
Milena
gloom cookie
Staff
Written by vezzy on 12.02.2012 at 22:39

it's kind of hard to notice the female-to-male ratio being low

Good to know I'm contributing to at least something at the moment

Welcome good people.
----
7.0 means the album is good
22.03.2012 - 14:30
Ikuinen
Hello I'm ikuinen .. I've been a member of Metal Storm for a long time, but I never really posted that much on the forums. My real name is Carsten and i live in Copenhagen.
I mainly listen to bands with a "Scandinavian sound" My favorites are: Opeth, Katatonia, Anathema, Insomnium, Saturnus, Novembers Doom, Agalloch, Before The Dawn, Omnium Gatherum, Amon Amarth...ETC ETC

I use to collect a lot of band merchandise..I have about 250 + band t-shirts and hoodies .. I plan on starting to buy shirts again soon.

My forum name is Finnish and means Everlasting or Eternal
22.03.2012 - 15:04
Cynic Metalhead
Ambrish Saxena
Written by Ikuinen on 22.03.2012 at 14:30

My favorites are: Opeth...

Wait...*facepalm* you like the most overrated band. You disappointed me.
22.03.2012 - 15:24
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
Lol, that coming from Cynic is hilarious.

Welcome to the Dane, you've gotta to enunciate your words, we can't understand you
I love Copenhagen though, one of my favourite cities
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
22.03.2012 - 23:17
Ikuinen
Written by Cynic Metalhead on 22.03.2012 at 15:04

My favorites are: Opeth...

I liked them before they got famous and according to some overrated. And I still like them

The first song I heard by them was "In the Mist she was standing" and I was hooked instantly, no one ever told me that I had to listen to them
23.03.2012 - 00:19
Bad English
Tage Westerlund

Hello I'm ikuinen .. I've been a member of Metal Storm for a long time, but I never really posted that much on the forums. My real name is Carsten and i live in Copenhagen.
I mainly listen to bands with a "Scandinavian sound" My favorites are: Opeth, Katatonia, Anathema, Insomnium, Saturnus, Novembers Doom, Agalloch, Before The Dawn, Omnium Gatherum, Amon Amarth...ETC ETC

I use to collect a lot of band merchandise..I have about 250 + band t-shirts and hoodies .. I plan on starting to buy shirts again soon.

My forum name is Finnish and means Everlasting or Eternal

Tjena and well you been up here long time but its 1th time I see you and scandinaviuan sound .... since when Fin is there
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
23.03.2012 - 01:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Staff
Written by Ikuinen on 22.03.2012 at 23:17
...no one ever told me that I had to listen to them

Don't mind Cynic - he's our village idiot.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
23.03.2012 - 10:04
Cynic Metalhead
Ambrish Saxena
Written by [user id=35732] on 22.03.2012 at 15:14

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 22.03.2012 at 15:04

Here's Uranus,

That's so small. I can't even breathe in it. You know what? if i getta time, I'll step out of this galaxy and create my own world.
25.03.2012 - 21:28
vezzy
Stallmanite
I see your point, Troy.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
05.04.2012 - 22:55
ctenicera
Hi there all,

I'm Jenny, new on here and what a great website it is. I only discovered it two weeks ago and indeed only discovered metal about a year ago - where have I been all these years!?

My favourite genres are melodic death, black, doom, but listen to a wider range too.

Favourite bands include Imsomnium, Winterfylleth, Fen, Swallow the Sun, Esoteric, Dark Tranquillity.

Looking forward to contributing....

Cheers for now,

J
06.04.2012 - 00:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ctenicera on 05.04.2012 at 22:55

Hi there all,

I'm Jenny, new on here and what a great website it is. I only discovered it two weeks ago and indeed only discovered metal about a year ago - where have I been all these years!?

My favourite genres are melodic death, black, doom, but listen to a wider range too.

Favourite bands include Imsomnium, Winterfylleth, Fen, Swallow the Sun, Esoteric, Dark Tranquillity.

Cheers for now,

J

wellcome, enjoy and post a lot off
----

10.04.2012 - 10:21
Nosfer
Hi, hello, greetings, cheers, ...

I'm Nosfer, a 33 yr old metal-enthousiast from Belgium. been around on the net since '97 enjoying the first metalized chatboxes and fora. Due to facebook I kinda retired from it but I'm trying to find my way back. When Facebook began to grow it was possible to have lots of nice conversations there. But lately it's all about likes and how many likes. And instead of real discussions, people just post pictures with some text on it .... and ... people like it.

So, not neglecting my social obligations on that platform, now I'm trying to get back into the "real" game... online discussions, talks, all round stupid behaviour ...

I'm one of those lucky guys who gets to be online at his job. Fairly easy, being an IT guy & supervisor. And as it's even a governement job, time is on my side too ;o)

Musicwise I'm totally nuts. Metal, hip hop, pop, dance, .... it's all good to me. That's why my cd collection goes from Robbie Williams, Micheal Jackson, Daft Punk, Osdorp Posse, Eminem to Machine Head, Boltthrower, Arcturus, Borknagar, Asphyx, Benediction, Hypocrisy, Rob Zombie, ..... ending up who knows where ?

But metal surely has the biggest and hottest place in my heart. Just the way it can always grab your balls whenever you need it, in whatever state of mind you are.... after 18 years it still won't loosen its grip.
10.04.2012 - 12:08
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Nosfer on 10.04.2012 at 10:21

Hi, hello, greetings, cheers, ...

I'm Nosfer, a 33 yr old metal-enthousiast from Belgium. been around on the net since '97 enjoying the first metalized chatboxes and fora. Due to facebook I kinda retired from it but I'm trying to find my way back. When Facebook began to grow it was possible to have lots of nice conversations there. But lately it's all about likes and how many likes. And instead of real discussions, people just post pictures with some text on it .... and ... people like it.

So, not neglecting my social obligations on that platform, now I'm trying to get back into the "real" game... online discussions, talks, all round stupid behaviour ...

I'm one of those lucky guys who gets to be online at his job. Fairly easy, being an IT guy & supervisor. And as it's even a governement job, time is on my side too ;o)

Musicwise I'm totally nuts. Metal, hip hop, pop, dance, .... it's all good to me. That's why my cd collection goes from Robbie Williams, Micheal Jackson, Daft Punk, Osdorp Posse, Eminem to Machine Head, Boltthrower, Arcturus, Borknagar, Asphyx, Benediction, Hypocrisy, Rob Zombie, ..... ending up who knows where ?

But metal surely has the biggest and hottest place in my heart. Just the way it can always grab your balls whenever you need it, in whatever state of mind you are.... after 18 years it still won't loosen its grip.

Wellcome here and I hope you will stay

K.S.C. Eendracht Aalst
----

10.04.2012 - 12:56
Fritillaria
Account deleted

Due to facebook I kinda (.....) But lately it's all about likes and how many likes. And instead of real discussions, people just post pictures with some text on it .... and ... people like

I firmly agree about Facebook, MS is such a great website full of interesting discussions about metal.
10.04.2012 - 14:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=130727] on 10.04.2012 at 12:56

Due to facebook I kinda (.....) But lately it's all about likes and how many likes. And instead of real discussions, people just post pictures with some text on it .... and ... people like

I firmly agree about Facebook, MS is such a great website full of interesting discussions about metal.

No there was greta discussions about metal in old days MSv1 and MsV2 days when old good members I wont say NO NAMES left here isnt so many greta discussions anymore, its like doom forum who's where old good members leave
----

10.04.2012 - 14:59
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 10.04.2012 at 14:54

Written by [user id=130727] on 10.04.2012 at 12:56

No there was greta discussions about metal in old days MSv1 and MsV2 days when old good members... members leave

ok but still better than Facebook
10.04.2012 - 15:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I agree but FB is not a forum
----

10.04.2012 - 15:10
Nosfer
Of course. FB is completely different. The thing about FB is that the term "topic" does not apply. On a forum you can check a discussion from weeks ago and pick in. When you don't check FB one day you're "behind". And no, I don't have that much time to check everybody's page individually ; -)
10.04.2012 - 15:24
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Quote:
Written by Nosfer on 10.04.2012 at 00:00

ppl rather to share more about their crappy personal life rather than serious discussions if they start one it is not really easy to express their real comment on an issue ...
10.04.2012 - 15:27
Nosfer
Kinda fucked up the quote there ;o)

Also a big reason why I never tried Twitter. Too fast, too little, too obnoxious
10.04.2012 - 15:32
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by Nosfer on 10.04.2012 at 15:27

Kinda fucked up the quote there ;o)

Also a big reason why I never tried Twitter. Too fast, too little, too obnoxious

Me ? oh I didn't mess the quote , me either I will never join Twitter
10.04.2012 - 15:51
Fritillaria
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 10.04.2012 at 15:01

I agree but FB is not a forum

yeah a crappy networking
10.04.2012 - 23:44
Ikuinen

Hi there all,

Cheers for now,

J

Winterfylleth is amazing....More people should know about them... I just recently discovered them 1½ months ago
11.04.2012 - 00:32
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ikuinen on 10.04.2012 at 23:44

Hi there all,

Cheers for now,

J

Winterfylleth is amazing....More people should know about them... I just recently discovered them 1½ months ago

I know those bands long long tine
----

12.04.2012 - 15:50
Dàibh
Greetings Metal Storm,

Pleasure to be here (again).

(...I missed this guy)

After several years absence -goodness knows how long, it has been sometime now- I have decided to return to the Metal Storm community. I can not recall my original log in details but welcome nonetheless this opportunity to start afresh. I am hoping to rediscover some old names & faces as well as meet some new ones.

I hope this short message finds you all happy and well.

Regards.
12.04.2012 - 17:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dàibh on 12.04.2012 at 15:50

Greetings Metal Storm,

Pleasure to be here (again).

(...I missed this guy)

After several years absence -goodness knows how long, it has been sometime now- I have decided to return to the Metal Storm community. I can not recall my original log in details but welcome nonetheless this opportunity to start afresh. I am hoping to rediscover some old names & faces as well as meet some new ones.

I hope this short message finds you all happy and well.

Regards.

wellcome beck, wasnt your old account somehow connected whit proud autumn?
I remeber there was some scotish guys here
----

12.04.2012 - 17:49
Dàibh
Written by Bad English on 12.04.2012 at 17:34

Ah! Pumpkinfucker... There's a name / phrase that rings a wee bell!

And aye, you're right enough I think. Proud Autumn, I'm sure, was my now ex-wives user-name. You've a better memory than me pal...
12.04.2012 - 17:52
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Dàibh on 12.04.2012 at 17:49

Written by Bad English on 12.04.2012 at 17:34

Ah! Pumpkinfucker... There's a name / phrase that rings a wee bell!

And aye, you're right enough I think. Proud Autumn, I'm sure, was my now ex-wives user-name. You've a better memory than me pal...

I cant remeber yours but it was ''simmilar''
----

12.04.2012 - 18:00
Dàibh
Written by Bad English on 12.04.2012 at 17:52

I cant remeber yours but it was ''simmilar''

My user-name was Jack O' The Green (or something to that effect) when I first signed up...

...Can't recall what I used as a subheading beneath that.

Let's say it was something incredibly witty
16.04.2012 - 20:29
J,.
Hey everyone, I am Jeremy. I am 37 years old and have been listening to metal for 25 years.
Bands:
Carpathian Forest, Drudkh, Blut Aus Nord, Deathspell Omega, Benighted in Sodom, Grand Belial's Key, Sigh, Negative plain, Graveland, Hallows eve, Hate Forest, Taake, Celestia,
Nokturnal Mortum, Nocturnus, Saxon, Judas Iscariot, Pagan Altar, Manilla Road, MGLA, Marduk, Les Discrets, Alcest, Wolves in the Throne Room, Hate Forest, Bathory, and many, many more.