Metal Storm logo
Dutch And Belgian Metalstormers

Original post

Posted by Marcel Hubregtse, 17.05.2006 - 11:44
This thread is to discuss life in the Lowlands (both for the Cheeseheads and the Masters Of Beer) and anything else on the midns of you Lowlanders and people interested in the Lowlands.
15.12.2006 - 01:13
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
* waiting for the jokes/comments about our "great and wonderful country", after the incident on Walloon television yesterday (if you can't follow, click here).

Also if you are on that site be sure to check out the video for Miss Belgium Agreed they're stupid as hell, but whatever.

Talking about stupid misses, check this video of Miss Belgian Earth, and another one of Miss Belgian Beauty here

Yup yup yup, living in Belgium is one big joke Or as we would say "Jawadde dadde"
----
Your favorite band sucks.
15.12.2006 - 12:21
Etaín
Just another reason to move to another country asap ... Finland, here i come
16.12.2006 - 01:11
Falcon
Written by darkwithin on 25.09.2006 at 22:25

Is there anyone who knows some good cd/vinyl-shops that sell a lot of metal? I know feedback (really good and many stuff) in Aalst and Bilbo in Antwerp, but that's it.

Metalzone in Brugge, Gent, Vosselaar and Liège, Recycled Records in Brugge (most of all second hand albums in very good condition, as good as new and quite/very cheap, and also new stuff. Also vinyl! You can find or order almost everything there) and Bilbo in Brugge and probably in Gent too)...
----

°~\m/~° Thoughts of death inside tear me apart from the core of my soul °~\m/~°
16.12.2006 - 01:26
Falcon
Btw, happy birthday Etaín! I saw it's your birthday:)
----

°~\m/~° Thoughts of death inside tear me apart from the core of my soul °~\m/~°
16.12.2006 - 01:51
Etaín
Thanks Everyone keeps telling me im an adult now ..... as if! xD
16.12.2006 - 11:47
Thryce
Retired Staff
Elite
A very happy birthday to the most mysterious girl in Belgium
Have a nice day Etaín !!
----
Your favorite band sucks.
16.12.2006 - 15:44
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
Hehe, happy birthday to Etaín from me too.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
17.12.2006 - 00:55
Etaín
@Thryce: Pfft i so am not

Thanks dudes, had a great day
20.12.2006 - 23:38
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Alright, could I have one little moment of your time?? What do you prefer: goulash croquettes or bitterballen???

I had a little argument with Blackgir

Of course, my vote goes to the much superior goulash croquettes.
20.12.2006 - 23:53
AntaeusM
Elite
yes, I have an argument with Eddie about this, let me explain why bitterballen are superior in many aspects compared with the goulash croquettes. Because honestly, bitterballen are better.

Goulash croquettes are basically a bigger version of the bitterballen, with a different content. It is filled with goulash. Instead of Ragout. Personally, I think Ragout is more suitable for snacks, because the taste is more meaty. Goulash should be used for different types of food, but not for a croquette.

The shape is also very important, bitterballen are small and easy to eat, and they will not fill your stomach like goulash croquettes do. Also, bitterballen don't have so much ragout in the inside because of its shape. Unlike goulash croquettes, which are filled with much more goulash because of its shape. A small, easy-to-grip type of snacks are much more important and pleasant than those big, clumsy goulash croquettes.

And what about the social aspect of bitterballen? You can eat those with other people together. You just order a dish full with bitterballen(and mustard), and just eat them all together. Was it ever possible to share a goulash croquette? No, you always order those seperately. so, bitterballen are also better for your social life than goulash croquettes.

so, that's why bitterballen are better. This is a forum after all, so explain your opinion, unlike a certain other moderator..who didn't explain his opinion : (I am just kidding here ). pff, this is pointless. Anyway, please let us hear what you people think
21.12.2006 - 00:01
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Goulash kroketten of course, they are much tastier than bitterballen and also much classier than bitterballen.

I do like bitterballen as well, but you can wake me up in the middle of the night for a good goulash kroket, but I'll beat the shit out of someone if he/she wakes me up for a bitterbal.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.12.2006 - 00:30
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Written by AntaeusM on 20.12.2006 at 23:53

yes, I have an argument with Eddie about this, let me explain why bitterballen are superior in many aspects compared with the goulash croquettes. Because honestly, bitterballen are better.

Goulash croquettes are basically a bigger version of the bitterballen, with a different content. It is filled with goulash. Instead of Ragout. Personally, I think Ragout is more suitable for snacks, because the taste is more meaty. Goulash should be used for different types of food, but not for a croquette.

Goulash is perfect for croquettes, think of it as an evolution of the normal croquette. Its magnificent scent is filled with royal superiority, especially compared those measly things you call bitterballen, just the name already, bitterballen, just say it and your face will express the true emotion behind them, anguish, also commonly known as existential despair.

The shape is also very important, bitterballen are small and easy to eat, and they will not fill your stomach like goulash croquettes do. Also, bitterballen don't have so much ragout in the inside because of its shape. Unlike goulash croquettes, which are filled with much more goulash because of its shape. A small, easy-to-grip type of snacks are much more important and pleasant than those big, clumsy goulash croquettes.

With effort comes reward, so I can't say easy to eat is something positive. Nope, I can't. The reward, or taste in this case, is essential to the pleasure of food, and hey, if it fills you and you are hungry, there isn't a better thing around.

And what about the social aspect of bitterballen? You can eat those with other people together. You just order a dish full with bitterballen(and mustard), and just eat them all together. Was it ever possible to share a goulash croquette? No, you always order those seperately. so, bitterballen are also better for your social life than goulash croquettes.

Social aspect, schmosial aspect, goulash croquette have style, classe, you eat them at exquisite times, like 11 pm when you didn't had any dinner yet ^^' anyway... goulash croquettes will get you to places, believe me ^^ they create connections.

so, that's why bitterballen are better. This is a forum after all, so explain your opinion, unlike a certain other moderator..who didn't explain his opinion : (I am just kidding here ). pff, this is pointless. Anyway, please let us hear what you people think

so, that's why goulash croquettes are better
21.12.2006 - 00:46
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Eddie on 21.12.2006 at 00:30

Goulash is perfect for croquettes, think of it as an evolution of the normal croquette. Its magnificent scent is filled with royal superiority, especially compared those measly things you call bitterballen, just the name already, bitterballen, just say it and your face will express the true emotion behind them, anguish, also commonly known as existential despair.

evolution? I would call it the decay of the normal croquette. It is just as with so many type of foods such as chips, ice cream etc. First they invite the thing, and after that they are keep on making variations on the original. When the original is always the best flavour. Same for croquettes. Nothing beats the original croquettes. In that aspect ragout is a better content than goulash. Which makes bitterballen better. Since they are more closely related to the normal croquette than to the goulash croquettes.

With effort comes reward, so I can't say easy to eat is something positive. Nope, I can't. The reward, or taste in this case, is essential to the pleasure of food, and hey, if it fills you and you are hungry, there isn't a better thing around.

so you like to do a lot of efford to eat something? I see that as an obstacle. My stomach is screaming "food!" and first I need to find the guts to bite through the hot core of the goulash croquette. Of course, bitterballen also have a hot core, but you can easily eat them. By carefully bitting tiny parts of the bitterbal. And well, you can always eat more bitterballen if they don't fill your stomach.

Social aspect, schmosial aspect, goulash croquette have style, classe, you eat them at exquisite times, like 11 pm when you didn't had any dinner yet ^^' anyway... goulash croquettes will get you to places, believe me ^^ they create connections.

The argument that it is normal to eat a goulash croquette at 11pm is not a strong argument : You can eat bitterballen anytime of the day. Last time I ate them was..uhm, 7am in the morning? And they tasted delicious. I bet goulash croquettes can't do that. They will give me a disordered stomach environment if I ate them at 7am. Why do goulash croquettes create connections? I never share one of those with someone else. That is..weird. It is so much easier to share a dish full with bitterballen than those single goulash croquettes.
21.12.2006 - 04:52
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 21.12.2006 at 00:01

Goulash kroketten of course, they are much tastier than bitterballen and also much classier than bitterballen.

I do like bitterballen as well, but you can wake me up in the middle of the night for a good goulash kroket, but I'll beat the shit out of someone if he/she wakes me up for a bitterbal.

Yes, exactly!

Written by AntaeusM on 21.12.2006 at 00:46

evolution? I would call it the decay of the normal croquette. It is just as with so many type of foods such as chips, ice cream etc. First they invite the thing, and after that they are keep on making variations on the original. When the original is always the best flavour. Same for croquettes. Nothing beats the original croquettes. In that aspect ragout is a better content than goulash. Which makes bitterballen better. Since they are more closely related to the normal croquette than to the goulash croquettes.

Hmm, the original is often better than the newer kinds, I have to give you that, but not in this case The croquette makers did something good, like turning silver into gold. Now, dont say bitterballen are platinum/diamond/etc haha. So I still have to disagree with you. But, it is good that bitterballen have ragout, since the original croquettes had that too, and they are closely related to goulash croquettes, thats a plus for bitterballen, I have to admit that haha.

so you like to do a lot of efford to eat something? I see that as an obstacle. My stomach is screaming "food!" and first I need to find the guts to bite through the hot core of the goulash croquette. Of course, bitterballen also have a hot core, but you can easily eat them. By carefully bitting tiny parts of the bitterbal. And well, you can always eat more bitterballen if they don't fill your stomach.

Compare it to pistachio nuts, they taste much better after the satisfaction of having the nut case thingie cracked open. Reward does make food taste better. And well, goulash croquettes aren't meant for the purpose to kill the hunger, even though its a nice side-effect, they are meant for the pure pleasure, a pleasure that can't be given from mere bitterballen. Just think of biting a piece of it, the ragouh follows the bite a bit from the part you are still holding in your hand, it slowly falls down and leans over the edge, the warmth and smell make their seductive way onto your tastepupils, your mouth gets all watery, "come here you" you say to the remaining piece, and there it goes, pure delight ^^

The argument that it is normal to eat a goulash croquette at 11pm is not a strong argument : You can eat bitterballen anytime of the day. Last time I ate them was..uhm, 7am in the morning? And they tasted delicious. I bet goulash croquettes can't do that. They will give me a disordered stomach environment if I ate them at 7am. Why do goulash croquettes create connections? I never share one of those with someone else. That is..weird. It is so much easier to share a dish full with bitterballen than those single goulash croquettes.

Goulash croquettes aren't meant for as breakfast pff, how barbaric, barbarian xD
21.12.2006 - 18:03
Etaín
Dont know goulash croquette, but i love bitterballen! So there ya go
21.12.2006 - 18:54
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Hmph, 2-2 You should try them Etaín
21.12.2006 - 23:53
Etaín
Hm wait think i do know goulash croquette, ate it some months ago. But dont remember it well, so i dont suppose it was that amazing. So yup, bitterballen!
23.12.2006 - 00:21
Linak
I Own You Bitch
@Blackgir and Eddie: omg you two are impossible, you look like two old gossipingladies doing their laundry together X3 and and! I just tried those bitter ball thingies X3 and I so so liked them ^^ so take that fangirl! ha! *raises fist*
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
23.12.2006 - 03:46
AntaeusM
Elite
Written by Eddie on 21.12.2006 at 18:54

Hmph, 2-2

3-2 by now Bitterballen are winning. Linak so liked those bitterballen, so, 3-2. hah
and..we aren't gossiping, we just had a little argument about bitterballen and goulash croquettes. I mean, it isn't fair that he gives so much credit towards the goulash croquettes when bitterballen are so much better.
23.12.2006 - 03:53
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by AntaeusM on 23.12.2006 at 03:46

Written by Eddie on 21.12.2006 at 18:54

Hmph, 2-2

3-2 by now Bitterballen are winning. Linak so liked those bitterballen, so, 3-2. hah
and..we aren't gossiping, we just had a little argument about bitterballen and goulash croquettes. I mean, it isn't fair that he gives so much credit towards the goulash croquettes when bitterballen are so much better.

Actually it is 3-3. Because of my age I count for two of you Lemme see Linak + blackgir = 37 Marcel = 38

Goulash kroketten kick bitterballen around any day of the week and any hour of the day. And why would I wanna share my food? Hahaha, I want it for myself. With a bowl of bitterballen people get into fights because some people have eaten more bitterballen than others. Haven't you heard about the great Bitterballen war that broke out about ten years ago because someone had eaten two more than his friend from a shared bowl?
Btw, originally bitterballen weren's filled with ragout but with mashed meat. ;-)
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

23.12.2006 - 05:05
Feathers
Account deleted
Actually, it is 4-3. A spicy single croquette sounds better than a bowl with small ones.

You never have to live the embarrasing moment when there's only one left in the bowl, and everybody looks at it for a long time... finally you decide to take it, and someone else's hand gets in your way.. "oh, sorry please take it".... "no way, you go ahead"... "no no, please, you"
23.12.2006 - 05:14
Linak
I Own You Bitch
you-- *death glare* if you hvae had those Bitterballen thingies you would have known!!! they are awesome! !pff, Eddie is starting to influence you, no! come back to me, bitch! waaa *whines* pff the mexican chicks posting here ^^' but I tell you, those balls rule! AND ... sharing is only better
----
Stick this up your fucking pee-aitch-dee.
23.12.2006 - 05:27
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Haaahaa and no, I didnt unfluence her, I showed Feathers the wikipedia articles and she made an objective choice of her own hmph

Hehe, your age comes in handy Marcel sorry if I just made you sound really old, but I think you did that a little bit to yourself too but the sacrifice is for a good cause ^^
23.12.2006 - 05:53
AntaeusM
Elite
Feathers is clearly influenced by Eddie. I don't really see how a Mexican girl can have tried either bitterballen or goulash croquettes. I don't recall Linak taking any bitterballen with her either back to Mexico, so..basing your preference on a wikipedia article isn't really..valid

and Linak is so right that sharing bitterballen is such a great thing *smiles*. You two don't understand(yet? ), but sharing that type of food is really nice and great It is something I truly miss in goulash croquettes.

Marcel, don't use your age as an excuse to get an extra vote. Also your vote just counts for one
23.12.2006 - 12:23
Feathers
Account deleted
In my defense Blackgir, Eddie doesn't have any influence in my choice.

I agree with you, wikipedia isn't a source of information about the flavor of a dish, but all i said is in my experience is better to own a BIG one than a lot of small ones and i am mexican, so i happen to like spicy food, actually... the hotter, the better that's why i voted for goulash croquettes hahaha.

And in this case, if you haven't tried goulash kind, saying you like bitterballen "better" isn't really... valid either
23.12.2006 - 13:57
AntaeusM
Elite
Hm, I doubt about it

Well, Mexican spicy is very different than the "spicy" taste of goulash croquettes. And basically, most croquettes, bitterballen etc. have a hot core with ragout, goulash etc. This core isn't really spicy. At least, not the spicy flavour that you Mexican people use so often I do start to really like the spicy flavour in Mexican food..but that is offtopic

I have had both, and I think you can give your opinion if you had one of the two. If you really like bitterballen, then it is possible to vote for them, even when you don't know exactly how goulash croquettes taste like.
27.12.2006 - 12:46
blood shot
Account deleted
Sad just Sad you people are arguing about bitter ballen,croquetten.where about in holland do you live?.because if you come from friesland you speek difrent dutch than people from amsterdam like me.
10.01.2007 - 10:05
Eddie
Retired Mod.
Elite
Well, that pretty much killed the thread not that it was that alive, but you know. So hey, any new year resolutions? Going to school again? I'm in my exam period right now, I was practically studying on Christmas and new years ^^' Any good gigs around? Nomans Land and Thrudvangar on the Viking Warrior Crusade Tour Pt. II will be here in Rotterdam at 4 Feb
10.01.2007 - 11:05
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Elite
School too, have a test week which will last for about 3 weeks, started today.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
10.01.2007 - 14:35
Etaín
Bluh, school stinks so bad Those 2 weeks of vacation were just heaven ... No waking up at 7am, no sitting on your ass all day listening to some whiners, but just be able to do whatever you feel like. Argh, i miss that.

Therion here on the 20th, woot