Metal Storm logo
Dark Tranquillity

Original post

Posted by Eight, 17.05.2006 - 18:47
We all well know, who they are and why we love them, right.
Lets talk of "whats your favorite album?" and, why you like them so much youve entered this topic, and stuff, you know what we did allready

My favourite album is "Character", i don't know why, maybe becouse i havent really listened much to others, but when i heard "Character" i was blunted
And one interesting fact i found here on MS that Niklas Sundin from Dark Tranquillity wrote the In Flames "Whoracle" lyrics.
21.04.2007 - 13:18
Grey_Dandelion
Fiction is great but its not Character...........of course it would be too difficult to happen that!!!!!!!!Did anyone had any problems with the extras included in the cd??????????
----
Don't turn away just take my hand and when you make your final stand i ll be right there i ll never leave all i ask of you is believe...
24.04.2007 - 23:03
RavenLord
Written by Grey_Dandelion on 21.04.2007 at 13:18

Fiction is great but its not Character...........of course it would be too difficult to happen that!!!!!!!!Did anyone had any problems with the extras included in the cd??????????

What are the extras, just out of interest? Amazon, Play.com etc. don't list any live extras or behind-the-scenes footage, but I doubt DT would go to the extent of out-right lying, or passing off the 'The New Build' video as both of those...
----
25.04.2007 - 15:23
Grey_Dandelion
Written by RavenLord on 24.04.2007 at 23:03

What are the extras, just out of interest? Amazon, Play.com etc. don't list any live extras or behind-the-scenes footage, but I doubt DT would go to the extent of out-right lying, or passing off the 'The New Build' video as both of those...

i m just talking about some wallpapers and buddy icons...maybe there is something i m misssing
----
Don't turn away just take my hand and when you make your final stand i ll be right there i ll never leave all i ask of you is believe...
25.04.2007 - 16:17
The Captain
Account deleted
My favorite album is The Minds I hands down. It is brilliant. I am more of a fan of the older DT from Haven back. But the new albums still blow my mind.
27.04.2007 - 22:37
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
I only have Character, but it's a great album. I'll have to buy a few more from them.
29.04.2007 - 15:36
RavenLord
Really, REALLY disappointed with Fiction. I was expecting much more than this...most of the songs just seem haphazard, and while nothing much has changed in the songwriting, it's the way they go about it that annoys me. There's far too much stop-start riffing versus. DT's usual riffing (chugging/semi-thrash)...while they use stop-start on nearly every album since Haven, it's used sparingly, up till now. Also, the keyboard lines sound so pretentious, and forced. The chorus of 'Nothing To No One' is completely mundane, especially compared to 'Lost to Apathy' or other Character-era songs. I'm going to give this another couple of listens to see if I can change my mind, but as it stands, I feel really let down.
----
01.05.2007 - 11:51
Nazeef
Fiction is grasping the whole DARK TRANQUILLITY's musical concepts.
There's:
-Old school Nordic Death Metal riffs as performed in THE GALLERY.
-Blackish passages with blast beats marking their debute in A MOONCLAD REFLECTION
-Modern faces of electronic interferences just like it was done in HAVEN
-Alternative Rock (the song MISERY CROWN sounds more Love Metal)
-Progressive Metal (CIPHER first riffs may remind you of Dream Theatre's CHANGE OF SEASONS)
-A guest member on the track THE MUNDANE AND THE MAGIC who I guess she is LIV KRISTINE (LEAVES' EYES).
And More...
For me this is an album that proves that DARK TRANQUILLITY have the purest and holiest walked path..
a very strong and perfect discography...Fiction is like "Character II"..
but I won't betray my passion to THE GALLERY's album that put me into fire once upon the time...
----
http://www.myspace.com/shallishine
01.05.2007 - 16:43
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
I like Fiction. I didnt blow me away like Character but then again no other album will.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
01.05.2007 - 17:10
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
People, people, although Fiction is quite good (but what is with those crappy cheesy keyboards) check out Detonation's Emission Phase if you want to hear what this sort of music is supposed to sound like.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

20.05.2007 - 23:01
Bitch Boy
Happy birthday to Mikael Stanne one of the best death-grunters.
20.05.2007 - 23:18
darksun
mikael is the greatest melodic death vocalist in the planet.These days i am listening to character and damage done albums again and again.And in every song i listen i respect him and his band more.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
21.05.2007 - 14:19
Grey_Dandelion
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 01.05.2007 at 17:10

People, people, although Fiction is quite good (but what is with those crappy cheesy keyboards) check out Detonation's Emission Phase if you want to hear what this sort of music is supposed to sound like.

the keyboards are fantastic and is one of the main reasons that dark tranq is such a special band for me-i believe that dt music is beyond my expectations of how much music can pleasure me...maybe i m exagerating but thats my point
----
02.06.2007 - 14:36
777venom777
Account deleted
the gallery was the best i think.especially punish my heaven is great song from the album.but last album "the fiction" is good too.focus shift is raelly one of the best.
08.06.2007 - 20:09
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master

I had problems with the extras, just some of the Ltd.Ed. that has problems. Very rare problem But I hope you've noticed that they've putted up all the extras on their website cuz of this problem?

Anyway! "Character" is the worlds most craziest album, it just rips your brains out and you get really crazy (at least I do) can't stop fucking headbang! And "Fiction", what joy it brings! It dosen't make you crazy like "Character" does, but it surley makes you at ease and make you enjoy every tune, every second, every minute! "Character" and "Fiction" is like two sides of a single coin (lol, like the title of my new lyric "Two Sides of a Single Coin" xD). That's at least what I think. And btw, when we speak of Dark Tranquillity here, almost all of my friends think my growls sounds just like Mikael Stannes, but in a little higher pitch, not that much higher, I can go down to his pitch if I want to hehehe
08.06.2007 - 22:32
Grey_Dandelion
thanks a lot- i didnt know it!i hope to see them soon live even with you as as a frontman
----
09.06.2007 - 00:48
Melodeath Master
Written by Grey_Dandelion on 08.06.2007 at 22:32

thanks a lot- i didnt know it!i hope to see them soon live even with you as as a frontman

lol! yeah it would be really cool if I was to replace Mikael Stanne xD I'm going to see them at this years Arvikafestivalen here in Sweden, I'm gonna try to find Mikael to growl the refrain of "Lost To Apathy" together with him in a two-man-choir! xD
09.06.2007 - 21:10
Grey_Dandelion
Written by =maD.Doc:. on 09.06.2007 at 00:48

Written by Grey_Dandelion on 08.06.2007 at 22:32

lol! yeah it would be really cool if I was to replace Mikael Stanne xD I'm going to see them at this years Arvikafestivalen here in Sweden, I'm gonna try to find Mikael to growl the refrain of "Lost To Apathy" together with him in a two-man-choir! xD

you re very lucky up there you see all the great bands all the time!we dont even have good concert places and conditions overall and the prices are crazy.......
----
09.06.2007 - 21:19
Melodeath Master
Dunno about this part: "you see all the great bands all the time". At least in my opinion all the great bands play at the same time, and then you can't afford to attend all concerts, and after that they won't play until a festival comes up or after about a year or a year and a half >__<
17.06.2007 - 21:53
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
ercorea (an Italian Dark Tranquillity fan) has uploaded a ten-minute video piano medley featuring themes from various songs of the "The Mind's I" album. You cand find it by clicking here. Enjoy.
21.06.2007 - 12:40
Torelli
Written by White Winter Sun on 17.06.2007 at 21:53

ercorea (an Italian Dark Tranquillity fan) has uploaded a ten-minute video piano medley featuring themes from various songs of the "The Mind's I" album. You cand find it by clicking here. Enjoy.

Sounds quite beutiful! I see that he also have promised a piano medley of haven and the gallery aswell, I hope he does that...
21.06.2007 - 18:16
Warman
Erotic Stains
Seriously, the band should pay that ercorea dude and feature that medley on some release, like a re-release of The Mind's I (yeah, I know there already is one... but still...)
It was very beatiful, damn how I love emotional piano.
----
25.06.2007 - 00:50
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
Elite
Video footage of Dark Tranquillity's performance at the Hultsfred festival (Sweden) has been posted at YouTube at this location.
03.07.2007 - 02:20
The Voice
Account deleted
Written by Nazeef on 01.05.2007 at 11:51

Fiction is grasping the whole DARK TRANQUILLITY's musical concepts.
There's:
-Old school Nordic Death Metal riffs as performed in THE GALLERY.
-Blackish passages with blast beats marking their debute in A MOONCLAD REFLECTION
-Modern faces of electronic interferences just like it was done in HAVEN
-Alternative Rock (the song MISERY CROWN sounds more Love Metal)
-Progressive Metal (CIPHER first riffs may remind you of Dream Theatre's CHANGE OF SEASONS)
-A guest member on the track THE MUNDANE AND THE MAGIC who I guess she is LIV KRISTINE (LEAVES' EYES).
And More...
For me this is an album that proves that DARK TRANQUILLITY have the purest and holiest walked path..
a very strong and perfect discography...Fiction is like "Character II"..
but I won't betray my passion to THE GALLERY's album that put me into fire once upon the time...

19.08.2007 - 22:23
Warman
Erotic Stains
Haha, watch this:

Dark Tranquillity tour together with Soilwork, Caliban and Sonic Syndicate:
Sep. 30 - Brighton, UK - Concorde 2
Oct. 01 - Wolverhampton, UK - Wulfun Hall
Oct. 02 - Leeds, UK - Cockpit
Oct. 03 - London, UK - Islington Academy
Oct. 04 - Nottingham, UK - Rockcity
Oct. 05 - Newcastle, UK - Academy
Oct. 06 - Glasgow, UK - Garage
Oct. 07 - Norwich, UK - Waterfront
Oct. 09 - Den Bosch, Holland - W2
Oct. 10 - Utrecht, Holland - Tivoli
Oct. 11 - Hasselt, Belgium - Musik O Droom
Oct. 12 - Paris, France - La Tabendo
Oct. 13 - Marseille, France - venue tba
Oct. 14 - Barcelona, Spain - Razzmatazz
Oct. 16 - Milan, Italy - Alcatrazz
Oct. 17 - Zurich, Switzerland - Abart
Oct. 18 - Munich, Germany - Backstage
Oct. 19 - Vienna, Austria - Arena
Oct. 20 - Prague, Czech Republic - Akropolis
Oct. 21 - Budapest, Hungary - A 38
Oct. 23 - Karlsruhe, Germany - Substage
Oct. 24 - Berlin, Germany - SO 36
Oct. 25 - Köln, Germany - Live Music Hall
Oct. 26 - Hamburg, Germany - Grunspan

Now watch this:
Iced Earth tourdates:
October
08 : Köln, Germany - Live Music Hall
09 : München, Germany - Backstage Werk
10 : Milan, Italy - Alcatraz
12 : Barcelona, Spain - Sala Razzmatazz 1
13 : Madrid, Spain - La Riviera
15 : Pratteln, Switzerland - Konzertfabrik Z7
16 : Graz, Austria - Orpheum
17 : Wien, Austria - Planet Music
18 : Brno, Czech Republic - Fleda
19 : Berlin, Germany - Columbia Club
21 : Malmö, Sweden - Kulturbolaget
22 : Oslo, Norway - Rockefeller Music Hall
23 : Gothenburg, Sweden - Tradgarn
25 : Stockholm, Sweden - Tirol
26 : Kopenhagen, Denmark - Pumpenhuset

Hahaha, seems like that reliable source MS had about DT opening up for Iced Earth wasn't really that reliable!
----
20.08.2007 - 00:43
Bitch Boy
It's a shame, it would have been cool to see those bands together... well for those who live there I wish DT, at least alone, come here to Mexico soon
20.08.2007 - 02:01
Amrott
yeah i'm glad DT replace chimaira in the EASTPACK tour,, it is now one awesome bill with DT and Soilwork,, now all that is left is for DT to headline in Glasgow then all is good with the world!!!!
21.08.2007 - 11:56
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Warman on 19.08.2007 at 22:23

Haha, watch this:

Dark Tranquillity tour together with Soilwork, Caliban and Sonic Syndicate:
Sep. 30 - Brighton, UK - Concorde 2
Oct. 01 - Wolverhampton, UK - Wulfun Hall
Oct. 02 - Leeds, UK - Cockpit
Oct. 03 - London, UK - Islington Academy
Oct. 04 - Nottingham, UK - Rockcity
Oct. 05 - Newcastle, UK - Academy
Oct. 06 - Glasgow, UK - Garage
Oct. 07 - Norwich, UK - Waterfront
Oct. 09 - Den Bosch, Holland - W2
Oct. 10 - Utrecht, Holland - Tivoli
Oct. 11 - Hasselt, Belgium - Musik O Droom
Oct. 12 - Paris, France - La Tabendo
Oct. 13 - Marseille, France - venue tba
Oct. 14 - Barcelona, Spain - Razzmatazz
Oct. 16 - Milan, Italy - Alcatrazz
Oct. 17 - Zurich, Switzerland - Abart
Oct. 18 - Munich, Germany - Backstage
Oct. 19 - Vienna, Austria - Arena
Oct. 20 - Prague, Czech Republic - Akropolis
Oct. 21 - Budapest, Hungary - A 38
Oct. 23 - Karlsruhe, Germany - Substage
Oct. 24 - Berlin, Germany - SO 36
Oct. 25 - Köln, Germany - Live Music Hall
Oct. 26 - Hamburg, Germany - Grunspan

Now watch this:
Iced Earth tourdates:
October
08 : Köln, Germany - Live Music Hall
09 : München, Germany - Backstage Werk
10 : Milan, Italy - Alcatraz
12 : Barcelona, Spain - Sala Razzmatazz 1
13 : Madrid, Spain - La Riviera
15 : Pratteln, Switzerland - Konzertfabrik Z7
16 : Graz, Austria - Orpheum
17 : Wien, Austria - Planet Music
18 : Brno, Czech Republic - Fleda
19 : Berlin, Germany - Columbia Club
21 : Malmö, Sweden - Kulturbolaget
22 : Oslo, Norway - Rockefeller Music Hall
23 : Gothenburg, Sweden - Tradgarn
25 : Stockholm, Sweden - Tirol
26 : Kopenhagen, Denmark - Pumpenhuset

Hahaha, seems like that reliable source MS had about DT opening up for Iced Earth wasn't really that reliable!

Okay if you read the events post on DT as part of Eastpak you'll see the following:

It should be noted that, despite Dark Tranquillity's insistence that their European tour with Iced Earth was never confirmed, Iced Earth's German concert agency Marek Lieberberg Konzertagentur (MLK) has gone as far as to produce tour posters featuring Dark Tranquillity's logo (which have been deleted from the site in the meantime) and has announced Dark Tranquillity's participation in the trek on its website. Also ticket distributors still sell tickets with Dark Tranquillity mentioned as special guest.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.08.2007 - 12:45
Black Winter
actually I can't even make one match between Dark Tranquillity and Iced Earth I also have no idea why DT are touring with bands like Kreator and Soilwork, that is the only thing I dislike about DT, touring with joke bands.
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
21.08.2007 - 13:17
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Written by Black Winter on 21.08.2007 at 12:45

actually I can't even make one match between Dark Tranquillity and Iced Earth I also have no idea why DT are touring with bands like Kreator and Soilwork, that is the only thing I dislike about DT, touring with joke bands.

Kreator?

They are toruing with those bands to reach out to as wide an audience as possible IMO. And I think it is good to have as varied a line-up as possible. Otherwise it just gets boring.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

21.08.2007 - 22:11
Amrott
Written by Black Winter on 21.08.2007 at 12:45

you've either made a serious typo here or you must be joking?? did i just read that you labeled Kreator as a joke band???!! did you mean Caliban? you must've!!