Metal Storm logo
How did you end up here?

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 13.01.2007 - 15:46
(read above)
i think i was searching for an online metal clothing site and accidentally googled the whole web, when i was trying to search only romanian sites.
what about you? i'm particularly interested in the old school members(ozman,wrathchild,tommy tee, pyroleprechaun etc.).
11.12.2007 - 12:10
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Haha...yeah Barry has persuaded a few into joining and I also think he was the only one here from Lincoln. Welcome btw
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
11.12.2007 - 13:03
Lupas
Maximus
Written by Valentin B on 10.12.2007 at 23:58

Written by Lupas on 03.11.2007 at 18:33

You are right. MS has a wonderful community

ok, now this sounded a bit too much like

@pole kitten welcome, great to see more and more new people on the site!

But it doesn't mean a gay community . ( With all respect of them )
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
11.12.2007 - 14:23
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
you say that now.... so many men hanging out together.... online chat room.... ooh the mind boggles! haha joking of course. thanks for all the hellos. i'm just going to work down the endless lists of bands on here and find out what all the fuss is about.
11.12.2007 - 18:20
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Lupas on 11.12.2007 at 13:03

But it doesn't mean a gay community . ( With all respect of them )

of course, it's just that i found the pic real funny and all the "wonderful community" talk reminded me of it
11.12.2007 - 18:58
Lupas
Maximus
Written by [user id=27451] on 11.12.2007 at 14:23

you say that now.... so many men hanging out together.... online chat room.... ooh the mind boggles! haha joking of course. thanks for all the hellos. i'm just going to work down the endless lists of bands on here and find out what all the fuss is about.

Well, another hello from me than .
You have inspired to make your way here good work
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
12.12.2007 - 01:55
Baz Anderson
Staff
hahahaha

Lincoln members of Metal Storm
there's probably a couple more I brought in that don't have Lincoln in their city as well - for example WhipperSnapper
12.12.2007 - 01:59
Pole Kitten
Account deleted
ooh you mean lincoln actually exists?? i thought it was just a figment of my imagination and i was actually living in some kind of warped 5th dimension... well i never!

i recognise one of those names but they really could do with some prodding to post stuff barry. i mean, seriously, i've been on here what 2 days and i've posted more than Adam. haha
31.12.2007 - 01:51
Ascalon
I don't remember .. maybe searching info of some band ... but I'm glad to be here ... XD
----
"Follow your steps and you'll find, the unknown ways are on your mind" (Angra)
31.12.2007 - 23:34
ylside
Staff
I first entered MS looking for information about In Flames and Sinergy (first band I heard with a female vocalist, I didn't thought such thing existed in metal... )
Also made me discover a whole bunch of friends with the same sick humour who unfortunatly no more post here, except maybe two or three. We used to insult each other at the member gallery in a nice brotherhood atmosphere I miss that the MOST.
It is also my first contact with people of completely different opinions about specific topics, most obvious being religion. This surely is a GREAT thing.
01.01.2008 - 01:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ylside on 31.12.2007 at 23:34

I first entered MS looking for information about In Flames and Sinergy (first band I heard with a female vocalist, I didn't thought such thing existed in metal... )
Also made me discover a whole bunch of friends with the same sick humour who unfortunatly no more post here, except maybe two or three. We used to insult each other at the member gallery in a nice brotherhood atmosphere I miss that the MOST.
It is also my first contact with people of completely different opinions about specific topics, most obvious being religion. This surely is a GREAT thing.

Me to I miss member galery and Varoth and Maria here
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
22.01.2008 - 01:14
Martinikuss
I saw this adress in my friend's computer some time ago. I remembered it and wrote it in my browser. That was my new birth day
22.01.2008 - 06:25
Zombie, M.D.
I'm kind of surprised that I can remember exactly how I stumbled on this site since it's been so long. I found MS through a google search for a Burzum biography. The first thread I made was asking what Stoner Doom was, which was promptly locked by Ozman.
----
"I really screwed up this time." - Jeffery Dahmer
23.01.2008 - 07:19
Cock_Spit
Account deleted
Ended up here because I was looking for new bands to get into. XD

I'm so fcking glad I found this site.
25.01.2008 - 01:00
Aebsi
Written by [user id=20800] on 23.01.2008 at 07:19

Ended up here because I was looking for new bands to get into. XD

I'm so fcking glad I found this site.

Pretty much the same reason for me, I was searching for a site where I could find more bands, and later on possibly try and help increase the database and knowledge of known bands (mostly Icelandic though for an obvious reason)
----
Just be Yourself
27.03.2008 - 11:17
owl
Well, I do a lot of 'googling'. I search for new stuff all the time, and one day some guy mentioned this 'metalstorm' as being a huge site that could help me... I checked it out for a while... and here I am.
----
02.05.2008 - 13:21
Metalhead2
Skinhead1
i was obsesed with Angra album Temple of Shadows and i wanted to find a review that gave it 10/10 and i found it here...so i started searching for reviews more and i was every day here so i have decided to cr8 an account
12.05.2008 - 17:51
Necrogeddon
Born Too Late
i cant remember how i found this, i think i was looking for a certain band and metalstorm popped up first on google, so i looked around especially at the funny stuff and i decided to join about a month after and i'm on basically everyday now
----
'I wish you all had one neck and that I had my hands on it.'
16.05.2008 - 01:07
Deus Ex Machina
Tbh I think a stork dropped me on the internet so I started crawling around and idk. This was the first place I stumbled upon.
That stork was total trash btw.
08.08.2008 - 17:01
Elio
Red Nightmare
a friend of mine sent me the link of MS to know more metal bands...he says once had a profile but he doesn't remember the username or something like this lol
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
09.08.2008 - 20:54
Deadgirl
Someone linked me to the "101 Rules of Power Metal" article. Then another friend said something about a month later that reminded me of it, and so I looked it up and linked them. I was really bored that day and had nothing better to do, so I decided to register. Heh.
----
Remember that you are mortal.
17.08.2008 - 09:59
thesabbathfan
I was just looking a for a metal fansite, and voila, Google led me here.
----
26.08.2008 - 23:15
Black Winter
I can't remember which band I googled exactly but it was,also,google.
----
Once the people decides to live, destiny will definetly obey..

T u n i s i a F r e e !
08.09.2008 - 06:42
nana.MD
Star-Queen
Written by Ascalon on 31.12.2007 at 01:51

I don't remember .. maybe searching info of some band ... but I'm glad to be here ... XD

...me either but i totally agree with u!!
----
Live how you want just don't feed on me, if you doubt what I say I will make you believe...
08.09.2008 - 09:49
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Staff
I'm not sure what the exact reason was the first time I checked out metalstorm - it may have been a review, or perhaps a search for more gothic metal bands at the time. However, I do recall it being 4 years ago - and the first day was really on my birthday, as I was extremely angry that day, because of the soul-sucking girlfriend I had at the time made me have the worst birthday ever So, I stayed up all night looking for bands to satisfy my mind, and at some point noticed a forum post here that pissed me off, so I had to post a lengthy description of my thoughts! If any of you remember some of my first few hundred posts, there were a few that had a half a dozen paragraphs

So, I know why I got hooked so quickly - MS offered a great community, and a well organized website that seemed to get better each week. And the chance to talk about bands that I listened to in order to help escape a relationship I didn't know how to get out of at the time was a great drug for my mind
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
12.11.2008 - 13:47
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
I kept coming back to this site for random metal information. I liked its clean and fairly easy to use format so I made an account and now its part of my internet home so to speak.
----
Coldgrits
21.11.2008 - 01:55
Daggon
Underpaid M.D.
Dunno, I was traveling through the infinite world wide web and ended up here, I tried to enter and the page said that they had some problems hotmail (don't remember but I had to use my school group mail for this), I said "oh, now this is personal" jaja and then I discovered many great things about this site. etc etc
----
"Les vers savent qu'ils n'ont pas d'ailes, c'est pour cela qu'ils se cachent sous terre"
03.12.2008 - 23:19
{aud}devil
Lush McGee
I ended up on metalstorm while browsing for an Iced Earth Album. Couldn't remember which one becuase this was 4 years ago. I'm surprised I haven't hit 600 posts yet.
----
Awesome sauce, chicken boss!
Laugh until it means something
04.12.2008 - 13:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by {aud}devil on 03.12.2008 at 23:19

I'm surprised I haven't hit 600 posts yet.

You shood come ewery day, sacrifiece personal life and post 300 post per day and dont go away from site, thets how I menaige get over 20 000
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
11.12.2008 - 17:41
Yossarian
Hi,

Around 5 months ago I got connected to the Internet for the first time in my life. I have not stayed in the same house for longer than 1 year in the last 5 years and, prior to that, I was studying hard for some special exams after leaving the Uni. That's why I did not have Internet. I am not weird. Well...not quite much.

I had done some downloads before in the cyber centres -we still have many in Spain- and in the libraries and the like. Now that I got connected I started a kind a crusade to catch up with my favourite music through the years.
I was quite in the scene and up-to-date with new albums and so during my whole adolescency, from 1985 until 1995 more or less. Then I started living far from my metal friends at the Uni and then came back to study, then I left to live abroad and I went back to the metal scene fully just 4 years ago.
During these "Years of Decay" I collected almost every metal album from the bands I already knew and some others from time to time, but there was a great full lacuna of many bands and many styles that I have not given the necessary attention.
Now I got to the nitty gritty of this post. I was looking for a metal-related website containing kind of rankings of bands and, above all, of albums so that I will not get something that, perhaps, does not interest me.
The trigger was Savatage. I just had an album from them badly recorded and without title and was not sure about which ones to try next to get a full view. Reviews in other metal sites don't work, I wanted to have as many votes as possible. MS is perfect for that.

Then, I got hooked in the forums, in the funny things and in the news. This site is very very complete for a metal fan and you almost don't need to navigate to other metal websites to collect information, unless for bands not added here or line ups not updated, mainly from old bands now splitted or not in "fashion". This last thing was another push for me...to update MS with this info and I have included bands I really love or used to such as Realm, Apocrypha, Alastis, Tokyo Blade...

Well, great site indeed.

Ross.

p.s. I mentioned before "downloads". I am not defending that, but, at the same time, I don't reject it. I have been given the possibility of listening and owning more than 500 albums recorded in tape first and downloaded later. That has costed me around 1000? in blank tapes and 200? in Internet time and fees. Imagine if I would have buy them: Even my grand-grand children will have to pay for my vices. Joke. It would have been impossible to have so many.
11.12.2008 - 18:13
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Staff
My sis had this site on the screen...
And I checked it out for a couple of months but just to look for information. But then I started to read reviews and commets and it seemed like a nice forum.

So I thought "I can wrote what I think in english... so I'll give it a try"

And well.. the rest is history.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass

Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.