Metal Storm logo
The origin of your username

Original post

Posted by GT, 29.05.2006 - 21:04
What is the story behind your username (and your custom title if you have one)?

In my own case it quite simple. Just the first letters in my first and last name. Boring and easy to remember
27.12.2006 - 12:35
MeGaDeTh_fReAk
well mines pretty obvious.............im totally obsessed with megadeth and its one of my fv. bands...........
28.12.2006 - 04:09
Elijah
Dance, bitch!
It's my name. My custom title? I use the words "gnarly" and "dude" a lot, and I consider myself to be a gnarly dude.
----
06.01.2007 - 14:08
Frostulv
Account deleted
My username is Norwegian and means "Frostwolf". I was a bit uncertain about it, since it sounded a bit too "guy-ish" IMO, but then again, I don't care.
The wolf is my favourite animal which I'm both very fond of and associate with in a few ways. I've had many wolf-related nicks, such as "Ulvedronningen" (wolf-queen) and "Wolfess of Northern Paths". The reason why I chose a different wolf-nick this time was simply because of variation, that I come from a pretty frosty place and some personal reasons.
06.01.2007 - 14:21
RavenLord
I wanted to call myself Raven after the Norse belief of the two ravens that told Odin of all that had occurred in Midgard, but some bastard had that name (and has never logged on with it). So, I chose RavenLord instead.
----
06.01.2007 - 15:16
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
My new one is simply taken by Metallica's awesome song Anesthesia - Pulling Teeth.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
12.01.2007 - 14:05
un/heart/ed
The Sufferer
my name
----
My only thrill alone in my own hell
15.01.2007 - 22:19
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by un/heart/ed on 12.01.2007 at 14:05

my name

I presume you're called Ozgu and then just added Rocks?
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
16.01.2007 - 01:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by GT on 15.01.2007 at 22:19

Written by un/heart/ed on 12.01.2007 at 14:05

my name

I presume you're called Ozgu and then just added Rocks?

Yes
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.01.2007 - 12:36
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Paganblood, because, I'm a TRUE pagan (a hindu).
----
that which shines without names and forms...
16.01.2007 - 13:05
Paganblood
The Aryaputra
Written by RavenLord on 06.01.2007 at 14:21

I wanted to call myself Raven after the Norse belief of the two ravens that told Odin of all that had occurred in Midgard, but some bastard had that name (and has never logged on with it). So, I chose RavenLord instead.

Well, I can imagine how someone called "HeathenBlood" must have felt then! But I log on frequently, so he can't complain!
----
that which shines without names and forms...
17.01.2007 - 14:19
Faux Owns
Account deleted
Mine is just because I used to be called fake, and it pissed me off. And I dunno why but I just started using "faux" which is false or fake in french.
21.01.2007 - 06:46
SkAdI
Account deleted
My name comes from the norse goddess Snowqueen.It is also my real name.
24.01.2007 - 01:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=18786] on 21.01.2007 at 06:46

My name comes from the norse goddess Snowqueen.It is also my real name.

Your name are Skadi?
Hawnt hear such name

Seems I shodo go more to Celtic lands
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.01.2007 - 04:49
Dalcyonir
Account deleted
Dalcyonir well seems complicated but it was the name of my first character i created on Dungeons & Dragons tablecloth game(for those that don't know its a famtasy game played with dice,all rpg maniacs should have played it or of not,then try it!).The stories were pretty cool on this first char(a wizard)and Blind Guardian was played during the game so it affected me and i use it now:P
26.01.2007 - 18:09
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
Written by [user id=18655] on 26.01.2007 at 04:49

Dalcyonir well seems complicated but it was the name of my first character i created on Dungeons & Dragons tablecloth game(for those that don't know its a famtasy game played with dice,all rpg maniacs should have played it or of not,then try it!).The stories were pretty cool on this first char(a wizard)and Blind Guardian was played during the game so it affected me and i use it now:P

Nice...another D&D geek Played it a lot myself earlier and still plays from time to time. Never listened to BG while playing though...might have to try that someday
----

26.01.2007 - 18:20
Warman
Erotic Stains
When I became a member here I listened a lot to Children of Bodom so I took the name Warman from their keyboardist (haha, like no one could guess that ;P ). I was surprised that no one already had it!
Mu custom title Erotic Stains comes from the Cradle of Filth song Amor E Morte, I think it sounds kinda cool ... and perverse
----
26.01.2007 - 20:53
QueenMiSeRy
Account deleted
Ehm..almost all my nicknames come from musical world.

QueenMiSeRy's the title of one of For My Pain's songs.
30.01.2007 - 21:58
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Elite
Written by [user id=16148] on 26.01.2007 at 20:53

Ehm..almost all my nicknames come from musical world.

QueenMiSeRy's the title of one of For My Pain's songs.

I always thought that was what ur nick refered too. That is my favourite For My Pain songs actually.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
30.01.2007 - 22:40
QueenMiSeRy
Account deleted
@ BloodTears

That's the song I like the most too, besides Dear Carniwhore.
Also the cover they made of Joutsenlaulu's not that bad.
31.01.2007 - 03:13
APOHAKC
The Bard
Hehe, some of you probably knows that I picked my nick from the fuckin PC game, it is the PC game!
How creative am I, I had to took name from the PC game

It is good game, yeah, and I like my nick.
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
03.02.2007 - 01:15
Hybris
Written by Bad English on 30.08.2006 at 23:42

Written by Hybris on 21.08.2006 at 01:18

Hybris means Arrogance in ancient greek. I like this sin, and the sound it takes in greek...

WOW one more whut greek username, like me
Me too I like greek language

Ouch... I haven't been there since a few months... sorry

What means your nick? I don't know anything about modern greek.
----
Opening a new scar, closing the wounds with a knife
05.02.2007 - 12:21
Dark Stalker
"Dark Stalker" was a secondary nick for emergency situation .It has occurred 4 years ago and here i am.
----
In luck we trust!
15.02.2007 - 10:06
arwestromen
I took this name cus its easy for me to remember it..it sounds similar to my last name
its a boring name but who cares?
----
Don't fuck with sweden
We gave you IKEA
16.02.2007 - 23:53
Carrion
Account deleted
My current one, Carrion, is one of my bands name. It's the most important one, where I do the screaming / vocals.

My old ones:
DLMokoma, DL comes from the name Dave Lombardo, the drummer who I worship. Mokoma is a finnish thrash metal band.
DL-Lauri, the same thing with DL, but Lauri is my nickname that my uncle and grandfather use. I like it more than my real first name, Lassi
20.02.2007 - 03:09
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
I simply love cats. I have pics, read stuff, and I touch every cat I see on the street, and cat's eyes are like misterious and so versatile... And they can see perfectly at night and dstinguish colors, it was proved that they actually can recongnize colors because of something in the retina... I'm no vet... yet.

Besides I have green eyes, and according to many people I look like my (mom's, actually) cat. And it was the same with my grandfather (RIP) and with my uncle, and with mom. The four of us love cats, and teh four of us have cat eyes
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
20.02.2007 - 10:54
GT
Coffee!!
Staff
@+{Cat Eyes}+: Nice reason...read it in the Avatar/etc-thread when you changed it. My girlfriend loves cat pretty much as much as you do I think...The new username goes better with your custon title as well
----

24.02.2007 - 05:11
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by GT on 20.02.2007 at 10:54

@+{Cat Eyes}+: Nice reason...read it in the Avatar/etc-thread when you changed it. My girlfriend loves cat pretty much as much as you do I think...The new username goes better with your custon title as well

Thanks dude. It's like a family tradtion, And it certainly suits better my CT I'm so happy with my new username.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

13.03.2007 - 03:16
HauntingNazareth
Account deleted
Actually an idea for a band name... haha
13.03.2007 - 17:06
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by [user id=22086] on 13.03.2007 at 03:16

Actually an idea for a band name... haha

Black Metal, I guess...
----

13.03.2007 - 23:08
Kharn
Account deleted
A Bit sad really...Is a character from a role playing game. Blood for the blood god and all that.
Used it for years now when entering forums and entering game profiles and its stuck.

unless someone nicks it first:nono: