Metal Storm logo
How well do you know other Metalstormers?

Original post

Posted by Dane Train, 03.09.2008 - 01:48
With over 14,000 members, Metal Storm is a popular site. A significant chunk of registered members post in the forums regularly. With almost 15 people over 5,000 posts, and many, many more in the thousands, quite a bit of digital dialog gets tossed around here. But what do we really know about each of them? Just looking at the top 20 I find myself shocked that I still don't know as much as I should (or would like to) about them. We all know Ivan created this place and does an amazing job keeping the whole site running (is that enough butt kissing to earn me some points?), Marcel has been a Metalhead since the days of Mozart and Beethoven and K7 can't spell to save a life (no seriously, 6 people died this week because of his spelling mistakes). Still, there are some members who I have gotten to know fairly well, like Kap'N Korrupt.

The question is, what do you know about other members and what would you like to know, especially the top posters here. Go down the list, and ask yourself those questions. I just feel that getting to know one another better can really improve the overall quality of this site?then again you can all just ignore me.
10.09.2009 - 16:22
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Yeah, Elio is right
12.09.2009 - 00:26
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
I promised to post here soon, so here we go (and the list is in no particular order ):

Bad English: He is one of the 1% of people (he says that a lot, so it has to be important ), he likes wine, whiskey and sport like soccer, ice hockes and basketball. He knows a lot of bands and loves to post really long lists in threads like "best bands from country XY". Oh, and his english is not the best on this site

Elio: He's a really cool chicken guy from Italy and was one of the first guys of MS I talked to. He probably has only yellow shirts because that's his trademark and no one would recognise him if he would wear a black shirt . He also has a really good taste in music although we disagree sometimes if an album or a band is good or not . And apparently he likes Ragana (but who doesn't? )

Ragana: Really cool girl from Latvia that apparently marries in 2 months . She has also a great taste when it comes down to music. She is annoyed of all the football talking everywere and she likes to argue with Bad English. Oh, and most impportant, she has the cooles signature here

Fat & Sassy!: Obviously he is fat and sassy, but he doesn't look fat to me . There's only one thing he is more than fat and sassy, RAW! >:[. He likes penguins like I also do and he is easily one of the funniest guys here. And did I mention that he is RAW as fuck? >:[

tulkas: A very nice guy from Colombia (not Columbia!) who teaches teakwondo to little kids but is too shy to talk to a girl . He listens to Nocte Obducta which is quite cool because they sing in german and are a really cool band. He likes Failblog a lot and has always cool avatars

Jonas: He is also from Colombia (still not Columbia!) and therefore really small . His answers on facebook look always the same, even if it doesn't make any sense (they all look somehow like that: "which car would you like to drive?" - 1. Luisa, 2. Metallica, 3. Having Sex, 4. Luisa, 5. Luisa), which is quite funny . All in all he's a pretty cool guy although he likes Metallica

Haddonfield: He's a French guy that lives in England and although he isn't around here for a long time everyone seems to like him, because he's a pretty open guy (at least I think so ). He posts a lot of videos on Facebook, but they are pretty boring if you compare them to mine . Oh, and he also likes Metallica, seems like liking Metalliac is infectious

Ellrohir: A pretty cool guy from the Czech Republic. His Avatar is "Blue", which is a character in "Wolfs Rain" (and I love Wolfs Rain ). He also has probably the most similar taste in music to mine which is quite cool and he even likes the best band on earth, namely Summoning . And last but not least he is playing Softball which is quite interesting.

Marcel H.: He is probably the oldest and wisest guy on earth and knows everything . He really likes doom metal (no one likes it as much as Marcel) and beer (which you can see when you look atb his beer belly ). Often it seems like he hates every single band, but most of the time I agree to him

People that seem really cool and that I would like to know better: Valentin B, Hobbit Viggo, BloodTears, Daggon, Warman, Dane Train, Dr. Rock, TheBigRossowski, Mr. Doctor, Janne, Csiga, Baz Anderson, LeChron James, flamey, Syk, Pétur, Ham:dR and probably a lot of others who I forget right now :

//Edit: Jesus, that are a lot Smilies
12.09.2009 - 00:31
Ragana
Rawrcat
Aww, that's so cute. ^^ I read it all. And... yeah, that's nice. I like this thread. (I'm still in the middle of my essay about you)
12.09.2009 - 00:34
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Diabolos on 12.09.2009 at 00:26

She is annoyed of all the football talking everywere

what, you mean the talks about Inter taking the Calcio? hahaha
12.09.2009 - 00:45
Ragana
Rawrcat
Yeah, I like when the talk is about something I know... I watch football, but not club games, so that leaves me the world championship in football.
You forgot about Juventus and others. ;o
12.09.2009 - 01:07
Elio
Red Nightmare
Did anybody say Juventus?

lol this thread is fun
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
12.09.2009 - 02:53
tulkas
el parcero

tulkas: A very nice guy from Colombia (not Columbia!) who teaches teakwondo to little kids but is too shy to talk to a girl . He listens to Nocte Obducta which is quite cool because they sing in german and are a really cool band. He likes Failblog a lot and has always cool avatars

Jonas: He is also from Colombia (still not Columbia!) and therefore really small . His answers on facebook look always the same, even if it doesn't make any sense (they all look somehow like that: "which car would you like to drive?" - 1. Luisa, 2. Metallica, 3. Having Sex, 4. Luisa, 5. Luisa), which is quite funny . All in all he's a pretty cool guy although he likes Metallica

Haha, that part about jonas made me laugh so much. "which car would you like to drive? 1)luisa 2) luisa, 3) sex 4) metallica, haha.
----
love is like a jar of shit with a strawberry on top
12.09.2009 - 15:27
Valentin B
Iconoclast
Written by Elio on 12.09.2009 at 01:07

Did anybody say Juventus?

lol this thread is fun

yeah, don't worry, the old lady is going back down in a short time ahhahahahahha evil laughter!!
12.09.2009 - 16:39
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 12.09.2009 at 00:45

Yeah, I like when the talk is about something I know... I watch football, but not club games, so that leaves me the world championship in football.
You forgot about Juventus and others. ;o

You shood see Juventus-Torino, Juventus-Roma, Juventuis-Inter, Juventus-Genoa, Juventis-Fiorentina
Inter-Napoli, Inter, red scuyms livorno n atalanta
Lazio-Roma, Lazio, Aytalanta, Lazio-Livorno
Napoli-Roma, Napoli-Milan , Napoli-Avelino,
Brecsia-Atalanta
Catania-Palermo

ehh Juventus is mout hated team in Italy they have only friends Legia Wasrhaw and ADO de Haag
Otherwise, Viking, Nucleo Armata Bianconeri, Black N White Fighters Grupo Storico, DRUGHI and other about 20 ultra groops is marching alone

Im Iriducibilli those brave guys I love em
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
14.09.2009 - 15:09
Ragana
Rawrcat
I read the last post like this: "You should see... Juventusjuventusjuventusjuventus... wow, Atlanta O_o... blah blah blah.... Viking! ...blah blah blah... I'm Iriducibilli... wut? ..."
14.09.2009 - 15:33
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
I wonder why you wonder about that
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

14.09.2009 - 16:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ragana on 14.09.2009 at 15:09

I read the last post like this: "You should see... Juventusjuventusjuventusjuventus... wow, Atlanta O_o... blah blah blah.... Viking! ...blah blah blah... I'm Iriducibilli... wut? ..."

Juve is moust hated team in Ilaly, they ultras are unvelcom ewery where I remeber when 40 000 poisene din Artemio Franchi when 2000 Juve arived when Carabieri overdose tear gass in stadion, damn I would love feel it good reason miss school next day hahhahaha vomiting because of tear gass

If you see Juve games there be Viking banner into Curva

Atalanta 0 red scumbegs Bocia is girl
Irriduibilli is unbeatables

Well
----

30.09.2009 - 01:33
BADDEST MEMBER
I wonder just curiously, both "Good" English and Ragana are from same country, but why theri spell are very different. So well I know duo -metalstormers about .
02.10.2009 - 16:16
nehrodwarf
Well well well,
I "know" others members through the profile (I believe whitch they post on profile), some I "known" through Facebook profile (it's a amazing "tool").

And I would like to know another members through Msn, I like to chat: got something "human-heated".

Anyway, my facebook page it's www.facebook.com/gcas10

see ja
----
In this life you can choose what kind of ave to be: a chicken or a phoexix. I choosen be a phoenix, cuz' I'm rebirthing from ashes

Ps: my website it's: http://gcasweb.orgfree.com
03.10.2009 - 00:36
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Ragana on 12.09.2009 at 00:31

Aww, that's so cute. ^^ I read it all. And... yeah, that's nice. I like this thread. (I'm still in the middle of my essay about you)

I'm still waiting for that one
03.10.2009 - 22:21
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Diabolos on 03.10.2009 at 00:36

Written by Ragana on 12.09.2009 at 00:31

I'm still waiting for that one

I think we're all waiting for that one.
----
04.10.2009 - 21:08
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride

He posts a lot of videos on Facebook, but they are pretty boring if you compare them to mine .

That's a matter of opinion.

PS: Metallica rules baby yeah.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
05.10.2009 - 20:45
Ragana
Rawrcat
Uh, sh**t, I totally forgot about it. I already have like a half-essay and I'm thinking what could I add to finish it more quickly and so there would be everything I wanted to say. However, there are few well-known people about whom I know very less. That's kinda... sad.

But yeah, I just stuck a sticky-note to my monitor so I could remember about writing that thing AFTER I finish studying biology. :

Written by BADDEST MEMBER on 30.09.2009 at 01:33

I wonder just curiously, both "Good" English and Ragana are from same country, but why theri spell are very different. So well I know duo -metalstormers about .

Country means nothing. There are retarded people in Vietnam as well but it doesn't mean you're one too. :>
Besides, I believe, he finished school at a different time with a different educational system. Then English wasn't the most important language among students. That certainly was Russian. And... and he? a guy. Guys don't study. XDDD At least not as much as girls here.
09.10.2009 - 20:28
Ragana
Rawrcat

Written by Elio on 08.09.2009 at 10:42

has an older sister

No, actually I have a younger sister.

Anyway, I can tell few things and so. I already said everything I got to say about K7, so now I'll tell you more about others, hah!

Awkay, here's Elio - a really nice guy with whom I seem to have "something" (and again, I assure - there's nothing between us!). He really do like to spam on my last.fm shoutbox and he was one of the first cool people I met on MS. He lives in Italy, right next to the Mediterranean sea (and his town in pictures also look great!) so he can go to the beach on hot summer days and make me kinda jealous because of that. His music taste seems to be pretty alike mine, at least he's one of those people who like Moonsorrow when no one else doesn't. I think he likes to travel. He went to UK and Croatia this year, that I know for sure. And he enjoyed it. :> He's a very positive person, I think I have rarely seen him in a bad mood if I ever have seen something which would look like "Elio's bad mood", hah.
Yeah, and I like that we're born almost in one day (only different years), but still, 24th of July is a nice date. *sun*
Oh, oh, he has a funny car. It's not even Renault *an inside joke*.

Diabolos live in Innsbruck which he's very proud of. If I had problems with German language, he would definitely help me (he said so... twice or even more). He's a good person who would help anyone and that's what he actually do. I remember the days when he said he have to wake up at 5am on Sundays because of his job and I always laughed at him because I sleep a lot, especially on Sundays. Anyway, he plays Chess and Magic The Gathering - both are games which require a huge thinking and a good tactic, so I suppose he's a smart guy. He's not as talkative as... okay, let's say - me, but he definitely likes to talk. And he's in love. Or was. No. IS. With a girl who's his best friend if I remember correctly.

tulkas is our own Love Guru who gives advises to many of MSers. He knows women very well and he generates a lot of funny (episodically also true) quotes. He loves Tolkien's "Lord Of The Rings" and he had to research it at his university... or something like that, but he definitely worked A LOT. (and still is working)
He lives in the capital city of Colombia. Hm.

ylside, as we once talked on MSN (and that certainly ws the last time I've been online there, lol), seems to look alike my little sister. He lives in Morocco and he has an older brother. ND He definitely likes to eat well. XD

Lucas is a Casanova funny guy who likes to drink a little more than its needed now and then. Well, nothing new - all I know is that he lives somewhere in the middle of Netherlands (I know the EXACT place but I won't tell ya') and he doesn't like French language... no, wait, he's bad at it, to be precise. I think he didn't like to study German language and I think it's pretty common among foreigners 'cause teachers who teach German language mostly are annoying (ya, I know). Anyway, he has a quite wide range of music genres he likes and that's nice. Hm, what can I say - he doesn't talk anymore. *nerdygrin* Or at least he pretends to be dead on MS.

Fat & Sassy is FUN RAW. He always knows what to say.
He lives in USA and, as he said, some time ago he lived in Las Vegas. Yeah, well... he has a Spongebob Squarepants pillow or smth. XD That's awesome.
Once he said what he is learning to be - as far as I remember (that was some time ago and on the shoutbox, well, almost ancient information!) he wanted to be an English teacher.

Valentin B is from Romania as far as I know. He plans to visit a lot of metal fests next summer. He... he used to be unlucky with girl things. Actually I know very less about him. :/ But he's funny!

Haddonfield is a recently met guy who's French but he's living in UK. He's fun-and-girl-loving. He knows pretty much about food and drinks, I guess.

Marcel is the one who tries to be serious. And fails. Yeah, but sometimes he's too rough.

Ellrohir - he's from Prague, he plays softball and he studies something about computers and programming. Haven't talked to him much but he's another person who's born almost in the same date when I am, this time - 22nd of July, nana. I always forget his username. It's difficult dunno why. XD

Janne is my twin brother from another country. Our birthdays are in the same date and year, so we're teh ultimate coolest people on MS (ha!). I know that he has an older brother who's not very talkative (and shoutbox doesn't count in). Ah, and Janne has been in Finland where is c-c-cold.

I hope I haven't forgot anyone of my closes MS buddies. And this is not it - I could write a little more if I just could remember everything.
09.10.2009 - 20:35
Elio
Red Nightmare
Ahah I like my long description and lol you're like the first non-Italian person to make the Renault joke.

you forgot some essential people (like K7), and I didn't know that Lucas was a casanova

EDIT: lol you already talked about K7
----
IntoPlighT said: "Slipknot is 15 years old how the fuck is that Nu metal?"

BEST. QUOTE. EVER.
09.10.2009 - 20:44
Ragana
Rawrcat
Oh, so now I feel pretty cool by being the first foreigner who's making fun of your surname. (maybe I'm secretly being an Italian, hehehe).

EDIT: Oh, oh, Jonas and Mr. Doctor always make me think about cats because they both have cute kitties. (it just came in my mind)
09.10.2009 - 21:22
tulkas
el parcero
Written by Ragana on 09.10.2009 at 20:44

Oh, so now I feel pretty cool by being the first foreigner who's making fun of your surname. (maybe I'm secretly being an Italian, hehehe).

Hmm, I think I might be getting that Renault joke... Oh, and you saying ylside looks like your sister
----
09.10.2009 - 21:23
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Ragana I cant remeber Ellorhir user name to and you forgot he's Slavia and yeah Praha and he's czheh guy who dont drink booze n pivo

In Finland is realy cold he's Ujpest

Haddonfield well maybe he knows but I drink more
----

09.10.2009 - 21:32
Ragana
Rawrcat
Written by tulkas on 09.10.2009 at 21:22

Written by Ragana on 09.10.2009 at 20:44

Hmm, I think I might be getting that Renault joke... Oh, and you saying ylside looks like your sister

I SERIOUSLY didn't mean it like that. They both have dark hair, eyes and skin. I should have said that my sister looks alike him.

K7, we all know you drink more than... an average elephant. XD
09.10.2009 - 23:47
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by Ragana on 09.10.2009 at 20:28

Diabolos live in Innsbruck which he's very proud of. If I had problems with German language, he would definitely help me (he said so... twice or even more). He's a good person who would help anyone and that's what he actually do. I remember the days when he said he have to wake up at 5am on Sundays because of his job and I always laughed at him because I sleep a lot, especially on Sundays. Anyway, he plays Chess and Magic The Gathering - both are games which require a huge thinking and a good tactic, so I suppose he's a smart guy. He's not as talkative as... okay, let's say - me, but he definitely likes to talk. And he's in love. Or was. No. IS. With a girl who's his best friend if I remember correctly.

Thx for the nice words . Oh, and I didn't remember that I said something about that girl
10.10.2009 - 18:08
Ragana
Rawrcat
...love thread. XD Or relationship thread. One of those two were was held that discussion about being in love with your best friend.
But I'm not wrong, right?
11.10.2009 - 00:39
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Yeah yeah, you're right, I was just surprised that you remembered that
11.10.2009 - 00:58
Ragana
Rawrcat
Hah, I should have warned you guys that I remember a lot of things which technically don't mean anything to me or are totally... unusable. I mean, if I were taken to some gig, I wouldn't remember the bands which were playing (unless I went there because I really WANTED) but I'd remember some people who acted funny or were terribly drunk. Or the colour of sky. Smth like that.
11.10.2009 - 01:00
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Lol, the colour of the sky could probably be blue I guess
11.10.2009 - 01:05
Ragana
Rawrcat
Nope, not always. How shallow of you. :< In evenings it's from orange to pink or red. At nights it's very dark, almost black but with stars, light clouds, moon or without anything of the mentioned. Well, in the mornings sky is very colourful - depends on the time you look at it. And in the middle of day the sky can be in various colours as well.
So, how do you think now?