Metal Storm logo
How did you end up here?

Original post

Posted by Valentin B, 13.01.2007 - 15:46
(read above)
i think i was searching for an online metal clothing site and accidentally googled the whole web, when i was trying to search only romanian sites.
what about you? i'm particularly interested in the old school members(ozman,wrathchild,tommy tee, pyroleprechaun etc.).
06.03.2009 - 06:11
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I got a job at Amazon and had nothing to do but surf the net, so I googled band discogs and Metal Storm always came up. I registered, but for a while I never posted. I eventually said some things, probably n00bish, and then I insulted Dream Theater's Octavarium, and someone quoted me. Now, I believe they quoted me saying something negative, but it still made me feel like I was part of something, and ever since then I started coming to this site every day at work. Now, I still don't think this is the most informative metal site on the web, but I've always loved the layout and how organized everything is, so I've stuck around.
06.03.2009 - 07:11
-DC-002-
Mastercommander
Written by Dangerboner on 06.03.2009 at 06:11

I got a job at Amazon and had nothing to do but surf the net, so I googled band discogs and Metal Storm always came up. I registered, but for a while I never posted. I eventually said some things, probably n00bish, and then I insulted Dream Theater's Octavarium, and someone quoted me. Now, I believe they quoted me saying something negative, but it still made me feel like I was part of something, and ever since then I started coming to this site every day at work. Now, I still don't think this is the most informative metal site on the web, but I've always loved the layout and how organized everything is, so I've stuck around.

exactly. same story for me
----
Coldgrits
09.03.2009 - 14:11
DayFly
To be honest, I was looking for a metal site with a bit more tolerance of the 80s hair bands and classic rock. You know, most sites pass over either glam or metal and I was happy to find that Metalstorm includes both.
13.03.2009 - 01:36
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Dangerboner on 06.03.2009 at 06:11

And you are one of the MS's popular guys
And quite probably the funniest
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
19.04.2009 - 13:03
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Gor on 19.04.2009 at 05:51

Hi! I new about you before, I have bookmarked this site a while back, but never was visiting. And now just was checking out my old bookmarked links and found you back, it was like 'let me see' I taked a look, than I liked, than I registrated and liked much more! Very metal! So I am very very new here. Looking forward to meet more interesting people here

Wellcome man, aik rules :p
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.04.2009 - 22:46
ß
Problem?
I'm surprised I haven't posted in here before.Anyways the first time I visited the site was about 2 years ago. I was looking for some cd's by Darkthrone and I stumbled across the site, I liked the site quite quite a bit but I didn't join the site until a year later because I forgot the name of the site out of all things
----
My music blog - Updated regularly.
To live is to think - Cicero
03.05.2009 - 17:46
Rosaka
No way! I'm one of the few people who didn't find this site by myself?
I have to thank my boyfriend or introducing this site to me. *nods*
03.05.2009 - 18:00
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Rosaka on 03.05.2009 at 17:46

who's he is he a member of site?
----

03.05.2009 - 19:14
Rosaka
Written by Bad English on 03.05.2009 at 18:00

He's been here like three years now and I've been barely 9 months.
03.05.2009 - 19:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Rosaka on 03.05.2009 at 19:14

Whats his username here?
----

03.05.2009 - 19:22
Rosaka
Written by Bad English on 03.05.2009 at 19:16

Written by Rosaka on 03.05.2009 at 19:14

Whats his username here?

Search for peuranpuolikas. I bet he likes talking about metal.
05.05.2009 - 00:21
Wyrd
I think i googled metal forums and this come up seconded or third and when checked it out and it looked sick so i of course had to sign up for this.
----
"The bands called Demon Hunter! They hunt demons!"
11.05.2009 - 03:11
Ph0eNiX
Fire from Above
I found myself here looking for discographies. Then I found out it was also a forum. Since I didn't know people who were into alot of the bands I was (that's been my life there) and also since I really haven't been outside of the country I figure this wasn't a bad idea.
----
08.06.2009 - 23:30
AbdelioR
I found MS googling about metal bands and searching info about cd's and reviews, so, whet MS started to appear and appear, I focus on there
----
97. Keep your Gore level down for your friends, you're still a social being.
01.09.2009 - 19:12
MetalSpider
Its been 3 years...I don't remember how I got here haha! Probably while searching for a band or something like that.
----

Thanks to Corrupt for these banners!
02.09.2009 - 18:18
Shogun
I googled an interview of Amon Amarth. I liked the site. I'm still here.
----
U.S.A. for Satan!
02.09.2009 - 18:25
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Looking for top 100 albums lists came across this site and found it very appealing with it's forum, rating system and band pages.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
03.10.2009 - 12:15
BADDEST MEMBER
Wonder how did Metalstorm End up like now...from 1000 to go up to 14000 members, it can be easier to understand but in the beginning how come from 10;50 to become 800 or 1000,...???

I remember Metalstorm didnt have Empyrium back when I knew the site but not really goo at English so I hadnt join the site actively like NOW.

Me: End up here by local metalhead introduction.
04.10.2009 - 05:46
Derwood
Written by Haddonfield on 02.09.2009 at 18:25

Looking for top 100 albums lists came across this site and found it very appealing with it's forum, rating system and band pages.

Hey, that's exactly how I wound up here. I was looking to broaden my metal horizons a bit and explore some genres I'd largely ignored, like black and doom, so I searched for top album lists and found this place. Now I can't escape.
----
You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!
05.10.2009 - 05:00
Zuzuz0r
I used to browse this site a lot when I first got into metal, my brother told me about this site, and showed it to me and well, it's funny, because nowadays I'm way more into metal than him. I only checked this site to search for information about bands, I wasn't registered at the forum, but well, one day I decided to do it, and well, here I am.
----
If this grand panorama before me is what you call God
Then God is not dead.
05.10.2009 - 13:23
Haddonfield
Chucky's Bride
Written by Derwood on 04.10.2009 at 05:46

Written by Haddonfield on 02.09.2009 at 18:25

Hey, that's exactly how I wound up here. I was looking to broaden my metal horizons a bit and explore some genres I'd largely ignored, like black and doom, so I searched for top album lists and found this place. Now I can't escape.

It is pretty addictive.
----

"Seasons don't fear the reaper. Nor do the wind, the sun and the rain (we can be like they are)."
11.10.2009 - 15:19
Archetype
I was just looking around the net for a rock/metal website that had a forum that didn't seem like all the sections were for spamming/off-topic posts and I used MS for a while and only recently decided to sign up and post.

The main thing that got me to join (apart from the tonnes of information and professional looking layout) was the fact that members of the forum all seem to respect each other even if they don't necessarily agree, which is something I've never actually seen before on any online community of this sort.
11.10.2009 - 15:22
Hellkommando
I was brought here by the prophecies of a goblin oracle. In all honesty though I was just browsing the net for black metal stuff and stumbled upon MS.
----

Formerly Desolate Gale
24.10.2009 - 12:16
My mate told me about a tour and I googled it to get details. Came up with the band's profile. i noted down the site because it looked good, and since then I've just been getting more and more into it. Discovered that it was also a forum not too long ago and have immersed myself in that aspect of things.
----
VICTORY!!!!! (They love it in France)
03.11.2009 - 15:26
Kimiwind
Speed Metal God
Ah well i ended here by random search activity ( and im thankful for that ) !!! though i found the web in 2007 but i registered until beginning of 2008 ( i always been in metal archives since 2003 and im actif contributor there ) !! but anyways the web its brilliant and i cant wish more !! i really hope a great continuation for this amazing website !!i call MS a more communication and announcement website !! great news everyday interviews , reviews ,awesome forum and ofc great members over here =) !!
----
Wintermoon Calls you, Follow It And You Will Be Proud Forever.
05.03.2010 - 22:20
Lawre
I was searching for info on an album I was gonna buy, and found a link to a review here. Just one look around and I knew that what I had found was good. And damn this site, it has been like an addiction to me ever since!
14.08.2010 - 14:00
Perseverance
Account deleted
I heard about the site on the Metalscape podcast.
15.08.2010 - 02:08
Kennoth
I was browsing through the wikipedia, and saw a review of an album by 'Metalstorm'. Decided to check it out, liked the layout and decided: hey, here's another forum I can spam.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
15.08.2010 - 14:05
vezzy
Stallmanite
Written by Kennoth on 15.08.2010 at 02:08

I was browsing through the wikipedia, and saw a review of an album by 'Metalstorm'. Decided to check it out, liked the layout and decided: hey, here's another forum I can spam.

You really shouldn't have ended up here.
----
Licensed under the GPLv3.
Relinquish proprietary software for a greater GNU/America.
15.08.2010 - 16:20
Kennoth
Written by vezzy on 15.08.2010 at 14:05

You really shouldn't have ended up here.

Nah, it's alright.
----
*insert something deep and profound*