Metal Storm logo
Old fart Metalstormers (The 45+ crowd)

Original post

Posted by Derwood, 13.10.2009 - 02:12
I know there are more of us here than Marcel and I... (I'm looking at you Lord Regnier and BitterCOld)

I figured we could use a thread of our own to discuss those things that are a concern to us aging metalheads, like actually buying albums and reminiscing about the scenes we grew up on and other things of little interest to all these young whippersnappers that are overrunning this place.

So...how many of us can still pull off the long hair without a hat? I know I'm out.
17.12.2010 - 14:51
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
FA1SGL is older than Conemetal, but i guess he's not into forums much.
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
17.12.2010 - 15:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Zombie on 17.12.2010 at 14:51

FA1SGL is older than Conemetal, but i guess he's not into forums much.

there is no way to prove he is 61
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - "Speak English or Die"

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
17.12.2010 - 15:55
Zombie
Thrash'tillDeath
Written by Bad English on 17.12.2010 at 15:01

there is no way to prove he is 61

and there's no way to prove you're not planning to kill us all and pretending not to speak english
----

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free
Johann Wolfgang van Goethe 1749-1832
17.12.2010 - 16:58
Baz Anderson
Staff
These are apparently the oldest.
17.12.2010 - 18:12
TormentoR
Account deleted
Written by Baz Anderson on 17.12.2010 at 16:58

Yet somehow I doubt all of these members have put their real year of birth. They aren't probably over 100 years of age... except, of course, if they're turtles in disguise.
17.12.2010 - 18:25
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by [user id=28368] on 17.12.2010 at 18:12

Written by Baz Anderson on 17.12.2010 at 16:58

Yet somehow I doubt all of these members have put their real year of birth. They aren't probably over 100 years of age... except, of course, if they're turtles in disguise.

same here , I know Marcel, Craig, Hanna, Conemetal for shore, also Belgie dude who's son is here whit father , also I Die Offen, others well I dont think so
----

21.12.2010 - 19:06
Guib
Thrash Talker
Well obviously those who wrote 90 yrs and more are bull shitting us lol
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
16.01.2011 - 14:31
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Why are all these young whipper snappers trolling on OUR thread....

GO START YOUR OWN THREAD !!!!
----
rekt
16.01.2011 - 23:06
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by tea[m]ster on 16.01.2011 at 14:31

i could go evil and use my mod powers to cleanse their posts from this thread...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
16.01.2011 - 23:24
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by BitterCOld on 16.01.2011 at 23:06

Written by tea[m]ster on 16.01.2011 at 14:31

i could go evil and use my mod powers to cleanse their posts from this thread...

eww, bringing out the heavy artillary might be the best course of action....young lads you have been warned!
----
rekt
17.01.2011 - 10:19
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
*loads modding power gun as well*
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.02.2011 - 18:03
__SpOO__
Think I need to join this thread

Hello to all \m/
----
I was blinded by a paradise.
Utopia high in the sky.
A dream that only drowned me.
Deep in sorrow, wondering why.
Oh come let us adore him.
Abuse and then ignore him...
14.02.2011 - 19:38
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Welcome aboard!
----

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
14.02.2011 - 19:48
__SpOO__
Thank you! Cheers!
----
I was blinded by a paradise.
Utopia high in the sky.
A dream that only drowned me.
Deep in sorrow, wondering why.
Oh come let us adore him.
Abuse and then ignore him...
16.02.2011 - 12:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Elite
Welcome, co-old dude.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

01.11.2011 - 02:44
I_Die_Often
OLD FARTS WAKE UP!
Hey! How come when I see someone my age in the birthdays... they haven't been on in 536 days or so...

Where are all these people...

Brings Soylent Green to mind...
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
01.11.2011 - 10:49
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by I_Die_Often on 01.11.2011 at 02:44

OLD FARTS WAKE UP!
Hey! How come when I see someone my age in the birthdays... they haven't been on in 536 days or so...

Alzheimers .... we all forget to sign in !!
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
02.11.2011 - 00:02
I_Die_Often
Written by hanna of steel on 01.11.2011 at 10:49

Written by I_Die_Often on 01.11.2011 at 02:44

OLD FARTS WAKE UP!

Alzheimers .... we all forget to sign in !!

Glad to see we haven't all passed away...
----
Old enough to be your Daddy... speaking of which... you look familiar... do I know your mother???
02.11.2011 - 03:27
albatros
I sign on here almost every day

I just haven't much to say. But I still go to concerts every now and then
02.11.2011 - 11:23
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by albatros on 02.11.2011 at 03:27

I sign on here almost every day

I just haven't much to say. But I still go to concerts every now and then

Good point - I think most of us have already said what we needed to say long ago .

Concerts every now and then seems to be once every 5 years or so for me !!
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
14.11.2011 - 22:31
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 17.01.2011 at 10:19

*loads modding power gun as well*

How many years you left till pension? Then you will have all time in uniberse for listen CD's but can you finalsay offer go to gigs when you be in pesnion?
----

14.01.2012 - 05:33
Guib
Thrash Talker
I like it when I see old metal heads at concerts, dunno why, there's never alot of them but still... maybe cuz they saw the genre grow and all.. I wish I was born in the 60's or 70's ... would've been nice.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
14.01.2012 - 21:15
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I like it when i see old metal heads at concerts because it means i'm not the only one.
----

21.01.2012 - 04:26
I_Die_Often
Written by BitterCOld on 14.01.2012 at 21:15

I like it when i see old metal heads at concerts because it means i'm not the only one.

But not many of us in the pit, usually in back or on the sides where it's safer (or getting beer for some underage girl... JK)
I went into the pit at Nile, outlasted my 25 yr old son!
----
23.01.2012 - 21:34
Conemetal
Hi to all, I didn't know about this thread! It's great. I think I'm the oldest here, I'm 62 years old now, but (sorry) I wasn't too active in this forum. I visit MS but I was out from the Forum a lot of time.
OK, I'm almost bald, I never got long hair but I was a true hippie in 60's, I'm 32 years married and happy, I have two childrens but I'm not grand father yet. I began listening rock and roll when I was 7 years old (1956) and since then, I was following the most direct line of the rock evolution and I'm into metal now and I love it. It's nice to read the oppinion of younger metalstormers in this threat, I'll try to be here more often; although my English is to bad I like this thread a lot!!!
----
MUCH I LEARNED FROM MY TEACHERS,
MORE FROM MY COLLEAGUES, BUT I HAVE LEARNED THE MOST FROM MY DISCIPLES
25.01.2012 - 03:00
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Written by Conemetal on 23.01.2012 at 21:34

Hi to all, I didn't know about this thread! It's great. I think I'm the oldest here, I'm 62 years old now, but (sorry) I wasn't too active in this forum. I visit MS but I was out from the Forum a lot of time.
OK, I'm almost bald, I never got long hair but I was a true hippie in 60's, I'm 32 years married and happy, I have two childrens but I'm not grand father yet. I began listening rock and roll when I was 7 years old (1956) and since then, I was following the most direct line of the rock evolution and I'm into metal now and I love it. It's nice to read the oppinion of younger metalstormers in this threat, I'll try to be here more often; although my English is to bad I like this thread a lot!!!

Holy fuck! 62! Awesome! Just curious, what kind of bands do you listen to know?
----
rekt
25.01.2012 - 03:03
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Contributor
Quote:
Written by I_Die_Often on 21.01.2012 at 04:26

But not many of us in the pit, usually in back or on the sides where it's safer (or getting beer for some underage girl... JK)
I went into the pit at Nile, outlasted my 25 yr old son!

Ha, nice!

I took my 16 year old daughter to Opeth but we sat in the balcony in the back. Maybe next time we will go on the floor
----
rekt
25.01.2012 - 05:31
Kennoth

You sir, are awesome. Your grandchildren will have the coolest grandpa ever.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
27.01.2012 - 04:07
Conemetal
Written by tea[m]ster on 25.01.2012 at 03:00

Holy fuck! 62! Awesome! Just curious, what kind of bands do you listen to know?

Hi, thanks for your post. I like all metal but y prefer Heavy, Thrash and Death Metal, I listen a lot of underground metal from everywhere, most of Southamerica, and my fav bands are: Pink Floyd the best ever, Megadeth, the old Metallica, (black album the last), Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Queensrÿche, Therion, Hypocrisy, Dismember, Grave, Amon Amarth, Unleashed, Arch Enemy, Vader, Immortal, ufff ... hahaha, too many bands in too many years, including 60's, 70's, 80's 90's, etc.
----
27.01.2012 - 04:11
Conemetal
Written by Kennoth on 25.01.2012 at 05:31

You sir, are awesome. Your grandchildren will have the coolest grandpa ever.

Thanks, I want to be a grandpa.
----