03. Distant Thunder
04. For Tomorrow
05. Time Will Come
06. Over Your Head
07. Fairy Tale
08. Blind Spell
09. Ritual
10. Pride

New band of the three former Angra's musicians: Andre Matos, Luis Mariutti and Ricardo Confessori with Luis' brother called Hugo on guitars. The four Brazilian guys play in their own particular kind of heavy metal, which is called 'Mystic metal' by them. This music makes us travel through times - with songs such as 'Fairy Tale', a wonderful medieval theme - and through spaces - with songs such as 'Over Your Head' and its Arabic feeling or 'For Tomorrow'. Nevertheless, Shaman has produced pure heavy metal jewels as 'Here I Am' or 'Pride' (starring Tobias Sammet).

Hugo Mariutti show us all its talent and he demonstrates us that Shaman doesn't need two guitar players! Andre Matos and his team have delivered a truly refreshing release, built on pure heavy metal basis but with unreleased and charming constructions, the whole thing cleverly broadcast in this album, which is due to be famous for a long time.

As a conclusion, 'Ritual' is an excellent first album in which the whole integrity and genius of Andre Matos are expressed.

Written by N K Monarch | 22.09.2003

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 75 users
30.06.2006 - 23:17
Pianoman
Account deleted
Simply incredible!
The second best album that I ever heard of any kind of music!
Its just awesome. The album transport you to places around the world with their music. Ancient Winds is the best intro I ever heard, it teleports you to the middle of the jungle. Over your Head is a song full of creativity of the genius Matos. The medieval ballad Fairy Tale is so beautyfoul and is one of the best of Old Angra and Shaaman. The latin feeling of For Tomorrow proves that Andre Matos is one of the best vocalist of metal when he sings: To be closer to the stars. Living on a dream. Distant thunder is so powerfull and catchy that will be the favourite of a lot of people. All the tracks on this album are awesome and this album desearves a 10. I like much more the style of Hugo Mariutti than Kiko Loureiro and Rafael Bittencourt. The solos of Mariutti are so full of feeling and they insteadly get to you. Matos and company prove that they have got a lot of creativity and they have long road to show us that Angra are they not the actual that conserves the name but not the music.
24.06.2007 - 20:13
Rating: 9
Grey_Dandelion

i really like this album...such as in Viper and Angra Matos puts his signature!How much i love his warm full of passion voice!!!
----
Don't turn away just take my hand and when you make your final stand i ll be right there i ll never leave all i ask of you is believe...
24.07.2007 - 20:02
Arcaliz666
Account deleted
One of the best albums in the Progressive Power.
03.04.2008 - 07:11
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
exellent album. brazillian progressive will never die!!! there are several bands emerging and there will be much more great bands... it all started with Angra.. so much to thank.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
20.06.2009 - 16:41
Rating: 10
BlankFile

One of the best albums in this kind of metal no doubts about it. All the songs kick ass!

Stay Metal |m|
23.04.2011 - 20:47
Rating: 9
Evil Chip

How much has changed Andre Matos music since this album. I really believe this is a single masterpiece. Hearing Symfonia just makes me want to listen to Shaman or old Angra. Is really a shame that we can't hear this kind of music anymore. Reason was a very good album too.

Hits total: 6428 | This month: 17