Metal Storm logo
Oomph! vs Rammstein

Original post

Posted by Hamird, 08.12.2008 - 19:16
I found these two bands from very first, I started to listen to Neue Dutsche Harte. In that time, both band had released two memorable singles. Oomph! with Augen Auf and Rammstein with Mein Teil. I watched both videos on satellite and I found them so interesting. Then I got the albums, and their previous albums.. And I found them really nice.
I like Rammstein for two main reason, first the powerful vocals of Till Lindemann and then nice guitar riffs thank to Richard Kruspe who is one of my favorite songwriters.
Then I like Oomph! because they always present good Industrial metal stuff. Musically they are better than Rammstein in my opinion..
After all, I would say Rammstein overcomes to Oomph! in my brain, because their stuffs were always more interesting than Oomph!'s..

Poll

which one is a better German industrial metal?

Rammstein
Oomph!

Total votes: 76
08.06.2011 - 04:10
JD
Account deleted
Oomph! are great, but i guess Rammstein for me.
08.06.2011 - 14:24
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Diabolos on 29.03.2009 at 23:25

I voted for Rammstein because I know them for a longer time than Oomph! and overall I like them a little bit more

Me too. Gotta also state how much I despised Rammstein at the beginning, just for the sake of their popularity. When I got to hear Herzeleid from the beginning to the end, I changed my mind rapidly. I guess Mutter and Sehnsuch are two of best industrial albums I onw, loved them and still do. They kinda lost me in the later years, but nonetheless, I still find some songs on every album that I really enjoy. OOMPH! is a band that I got into after Rammstein, and I find some their songs enjoyable, due being catchy (Gott ist ein Popstar, Brennende Liebe), but from the albums I only really love Ego. Maybe I should pay more attention to them, but overall, I give my vote to Rammstein.
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.
08.06.2011 - 15:23
Metal_4Ever
I guess Oomph!! are better than Rammstain, don't know why but I think that is somewhat love internal...
08.06.2011 - 19:37
Diabolos
Space For Rent!
Written by AnGina-- on 08.06.2011 at 14:24

Written by Diabolos on 29.03.2009 at 23:25

I voted for Rammstein because I know them for a longer time than Oomph! and overall I like them a little bit more

Me too. Gotta also state how much I despised Rammstein at the beginning, just for the sake of their popularity. When I got to hear Herzeleid from the beginning to the end, I changed my mind rapidly. I guess Mutter and Sehnsuch are two of best industrial albums I onw, loved them and still do. They kinda lost me in the later years, but nonetheless, I still find some songs on every album that I really enjoy. OOMPH! is a band that I got into after Rammstein, and I find some their songs enjoyable, due being catchy (Gott ist ein Popstar, Brennende Liebe), but from the albums I only really love Ego. Maybe I should pay more attention to them, but overall, I give my vote to Rammstein.

You should definately check out "Unrein", imo it's their best, especially the song "Unsere Rettung" is one of my favourite songs ever
08.06.2011 - 21:56
AnGina--
Dark Phoenix
Written by Diabolos on 08.06.2011 at 19:37
You should definately check out "Unrein", imo it's their best, especially the song "Unsere Rettung" is one of my favourite songs ever

I know OOMPH!'s whole discography, it's just that Ego is my fave album of them and consequently their album I listened to the most
----
You think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it. Molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was a man. But it was nothing to me but blinding.