Metal Storm logo
Covenant/The Kovenant

07.11.2009 - 13:10
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
I decided to name the topic this way, since most of the first ''The Kovenant'' albuns were released under the ''Covenant'' name, and as far as their new direction is pretty alternative, I think it was better for them to stay at this section of the forum.

Anyway, at the start, in 1992, a band from Norway called ''Covenant'' played Melodic Black metal. They released their first full-lenght at 96' ''In times before the light'', an excellent symphonic black work, an ''Nexus Polaris'' (in which their alternative ways began to show off) soon after.

But with the release of the second full-lenght, its well-acceptance and popularity, the name has become a problem. Since a certain Swedish EBM band had the copyright of the name ''Covenant'', so it became necessary for they to change their name.

Thats when ''The Kovenant'' appears. The release of ''Animatronic'' in 1999 represented not only a change in their name, but also in their sound. It is basically a Industrial/Electronic album, a pretty good one by the way. There was also ''S.E.T.I.'' released in 2003, where the industrial/electronic elements were even more in use. ''Aria Galactica'' is expected to be released this year, after so long waiting.

Overall this is another band who completly changes over the years. Their albums may not be masterpieces, but all of them have some very good moments.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
07.11.2009 - 16:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Well one mor egood dead band because I love onlu Covenant realises, never heard demo, but '' In Times Before the Light '' is an legandary album, oine of who take me in BM< when I listened bM radio . dont remeber song, but I got(not on, not coippy, just borrow) album long ago, and its mastrepiece, one good album who makes band live forever, even next 10 is crap, ''Nexus Polaris'' was good to, but not perfect, winds of change was into thet album, it was feeling band gonna change true time and tehy did to The Kovenant and I dont like any of The Kovenant albums even remix ''In Times Before the Light'' orignal Covenant realise is bets and only one what people need before loing long journy in mystic cirve before die
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
16.02.2010 - 18:04
Nostalgiaplatz

I'm so tired and impatient to waiting for Aria Galactica to come out:)
08.03.2010 - 22:03
Hylia

I love the Covenant. In times before the light, was a great album, I remeber first hearing it on black metal radio But anyways, after they changed their name to the Kovenant, their whole style changed. I've tried to listen to their new stuff, but it just doesn't compare with the old stuff.
14.04.2010 - 09:34
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
It's called Aria Galactica, because the human race will have left the Milkey Way before The Kovenant release it. And that is not funny in the least.
14.04.2010 - 16:53
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Guest on 14.04.2010 at 09:34

It's called Aria Galactica, because the human race will have left the Milkey Way before The Kovenant release it. And that is not funny in the least.

Pffff.. But this little joke was funny... at least to me.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
07.04.2011 - 08:34
Void_Eater
Account deleted
One of the few bands that can change style without sucking. Darkthrone, Megadeth, Overkill, Death, Godkiller, these guys... And that's about it. I've never heard anything like their electro/metal albums. Very unique, and very good.
07.04.2011 - 10:31
ErnilEnNaur
Account deleted
Written by Uirapuru on 14.04.2010 at 16:53

Written by Guest on 14.04.2010 at 09:34

Pffff.. But this little joke was funny... at least to me.

Maybe they're having a contest with Wintersun, to see which band can delay their album longer?

P.S. Your signature is an epic parody of those stupid childish signatures of people who wish to communicate their hate as opposed to anything constructive in their signature.