02. Wish
03. Last
04. Help Me I Am In Hell
05. Happiness In Slavery
06. Gave Up
07. Physical [Adam And The Ants cover] [bonus]
08. Suck [Pigface cover] [bonus]

Additional info
Broken was originally packaged in a fold-out digipak, containing the first six tracks on a regular CD and an additional three-inch mini CD with the two remaining songs ("Physical" and "Suck"). After Reznor discovered that some unscrupulous record store owners were removing the mini CD and selling it separately, Broken was re-released as one CD, with the bonus songs "hidden" on tracks 98 and 99, respectively, with tracks 7-97 each containing a second of silence (three seconds per track on the UK release).

The UK vinyl release was a one sided 12" which featured the six main tracks. The two bonus cuts were issued on a 7" single given away inside the EP in a white die-cut sleeve.

Found in 9 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 6   Visited by: 229 users
21.08.2010 - 21:10
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
I can see why people regard this as the best NIN release. If only Trent maintained this level of awesome heaviness, I'd actually call myself a fan of the band.
22.03.2016 - 12:13
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Guest on 21.08.2010 at 21:10

I can see why people regard this as the best NIN release. If only Trent maintained this level of awesome heaviness, I'd actually call myself a fan of the band.

Yet they are still among your favourite bands.
22.03.2016 - 12:16
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by 3rdWorld on 22.03.2016 at 12:13

Yet they are still among your favourite bands.

Well I love this and the debut. I suspect I probably added this band to my profile way before I realised how sucky most of the stuff after this is =P actually I think I have probably quite a few bands on my profile where I only like one album.
22.03.2016 - 12:24
3rdWorld
China was a neat
Written by Guest on 22.03.2016 at 12:16

Well I love this and the debut. I suspect I probably added this band to my profile way before I realised how sucky most of the stuff after this is =P

Everything up to The Fragile is ok for me but yeah this is really their high point and considering NIN is one of the earliest bands I was into in metal, listening to it now after all these years I would say this is easily their best and the one I enjoy most even now.
22.03.2016 - 12:34
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by 3rdWorld on 22.03.2016 at 12:24

Everything up to The Fragile is ok for me but yeah this is really their high point and considering NIN is one of the earliest bands I was into in metal, listening to it now after all these years I would say this is easily their best and the one I enjoy most even now.

I could never get into The Downward Spiral back in the day, so probably time to give that another go.
20.01.2021 - 12:58
Rating: 9
nonZero

A fantastic, bleak EP that paved the way for the masterpiece that followed it. I don't care much for the bonus tracks at all so didn't include them in my rating. (The Broken movie is especially disturbing for those curious.)

9.4/10 overall
----
Top 500 Albums (ordered & rated)
Top 200 Overlooked Albums (with genres)
So I Heard You Like Wintersun... (Time II find new bands)

Hits total: 7502 | This month: 20