6 want it

01. Misery Reformatory
02. Plastic Idols
03. Execution Parade
04. Signature Of Starving Power

Guest review by
MisterChrisBrdk
Rating:
Some albums are milestones. Gloom falls into such a category. Shortly beforehand, a line-up change triggered massive evolution in composition and writing skills, thanks to the new, top-notch musicians (Tony Sannicandro on guitar and Nick Schendzielos on bass). All in all, the crew finally feels mature.

Gloom defines Job For A Cowboy no longer as a student deathcore band but as a serious technical death metal band. Complex guitar riffs and bass enhancement shine among what made the band respectable in its previous years, i.e an abrasive voice and resounding drums. The foremost concern is the solo section, which gives the little kick needed to get the listener tuned in. "Misery Reformatory" and "Signature Of Starving Power" are worth the time with outstanding jazzy-like solos. The four tracks display much more coherence and consistency than the band's previous release, Ruination.

Read more ››
published 03.11.2016 | Comments (0)

Comments

Comments: 22   Visited by: 173 users
15.02.2011 - 21:21
shadow616

Mmmmm waiting, still waiting, give me more now!
I want somenthing like Doom.
----
www.soundbastards.pl
www.musicmetal.org
www.rycerze.wp.pl
24.02.2011 - 03:29
Rating: 8
sk8phantom

Nah, i dont want to hear shits like Doom again. give something new !
13.04.2011 - 22:21
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by sk8phantom on 24.02.2011 at 03:29

you sir, have been shunned. DOOM was a masterpeice
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
14.04.2011 - 07:36
Void_Eater
Account deleted
Well, I just posted about how I hate doom... But I'm intersted in this. JFAC is actually a decent band, when they don't use pig's as guest vocalist's and understand that the breakdown is supposed to be used to enhance a song, and not to be the bulk of the song.
19.04.2011 - 13:50
sk8phantom

Written by Boxcar Willy on 13.04.2011 at 22:21

Written by sk8phantom on 24.02.2011 at 03:29

you sir, have been shunned. DOOM was a masterpeice

hahaha. its masterpiece with only entombment of a machine. other song are shit. right ?
19.04.2011 - 18:09
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
No! EoaM, suspended by the throat, knee deep are all great songs
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
19.04.2011 - 18:09
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
What a bad name too
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
21.04.2011 - 18:23
Absak

Doom was crap. Genesis was average and Ruination was above average. I hope they will progress more and stand out from the other bands with something.
15.05.2011 - 08:20
sk8phantom

Yeah, i listen to their new song called "Misery Reformatory". its sound little bit like The Black Dahlia Murder. its really awesome. and after this you can't say above average but excellent !
24.05.2011 - 17:31
Rating: 7
toXic_waLtz

I hope the progession in their song writing as it was shown in Misery Reformatory will be a foreshadow of the up
comming album.
01.06.2011 - 23:09
Stay (sic)

Can't Wait!Ruination Was Beast, Hopefully They'll Top It With Gloom .
----
Zachy (;
26.08.2011 - 19:02
Rating: 3
berserkLP

Is it me or does his high pitched squeals sound very similar to Dani Filth? and just because of that I find this horrible to listen to. I'm with some of the others..Doom was their best stuff they produced and since then it has been exceptionally average with this being the worst by far
16.10.2011 - 04:19
die mutha fucka!

Are they aware that cowboys dont need jobs, since they are cowboys?
----
THRASH TILL DEATH, DEATH FOR LIFE, METAL FOREVER
16.10.2011 - 04:22
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by die mutha fucka! on 16.10.2011 at 04:19

I think it's a play on words.

A job for a cowboy would be to herd animals (cattle, whatever) basically. Like a shepherd to sheep. I think they're mocking people.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
16.10.2011 - 19:09
die mutha fucka!

Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.10.2011 at 04:22

Written by die mutha fucka! on 16.10.2011 at 04:19

A job for a cowboy would be to herd animals (cattle, whatever) basically. Like a shepherd to sheep. I think they're mocking people.

okay i completely underestand now i was looking at it from a different point of view
----
THRASH TILL DEATH, DEATH FOR LIFE, METAL FOREVER
16.10.2011 - 20:21
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by die mutha fucka! on 16.10.2011 at 19:09
okay i completely underestand now i was looking at it from a different point of view

That's just speculation on my part, for all I know it could just be some completely moronic reference to something none of us are even aware of.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
15.12.2011 - 18:39
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 16.10.2011 at 04:22

I thought it was in reference to "cowboys" in the sense of people are do shitty jobs in certain services (like builders, plumbers etc). A "job for a cowboy" would almost be an oxymoron as you wouldn't want a cowboy to do something for you as they'd do a botch job of it.

Incidentally I just heard a track from this record and it was pretty good.
15.12.2011 - 19:00
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Written by Guest on 15.12.2011 at 18:39
A "job for a cowboy" would almost be an oxymoron as you wouldn't want a cowboy to do something for you as they'd do a botch job of it.

That could very well be the case. If it is I'm thinking they're tying it into being a hitman in some way. Like you wouldn't want this guy to do the killing because he wouldn't shoot the chick through the window from a rooftop with a silenced sniper, he'd go in there and make a complete fucking mess of things with a rusty machete and a tool box filled with all kinds of fun toys.

I'm not sure why my mind goes there sometimes.
----
15.12.2011 - 19:03
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Troy Killjoy on 15.12.2011 at 19:00

That could very well be the case. If it is I'm thinking they're tying it into being a hitman in some way. Like you wouldn't want this guy to do the killing because he wouldn't shoot the chick through the window from a rooftop with a silenced sniper, he'd go in there and make a complete fucking mess of things with a rusty machete and a tool box filled with all kinds of fun toys.

I'm not sure why my mind goes there sometimes.

Errr... yeah... umm I have to err go and stand over here now...
14.01.2012 - 02:49
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
JFAC has been a rollercoaster, DOOM was good, Genisis was bleh, Ruination was great, this was :/.
----
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
08.02.2012 - 03:28
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
I will only get a JFAC EP that is titled one word ending in oom. Otherwise it wont be good. Doom and Gloom are good, ruination is shit
08.03.2015 - 06:30
Rating: 7
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Insane improvement over their last three releases. Finally something consistently memorable. It's a shame the last half doesn't live up to the other half.

Hits total: 9194 | This month: 19