Metal Storm logo
Hexen - New Song Online, Album Release Date Announced

Los Angeles prog-thrashers Hexen have premiered a new track entitled "Stream Of Unconsciousness", which comes off their new album Being And Nothingness, at this location. The album has been scheduled to be released on May 28th in Europe and July 17th in the US via Pulverised Records. More album details can be found here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Hexen
Posted: 09.05.2012 by BudDa

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 41 users
09.05.2012 - 17:20
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Dammit I got all excited thinking this was a song from the upcoming Behexen album...

I READ WORDS GOOD.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.05.2012 - 17:27
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.05.2012 at 17:20

Dammit I got all excited thinking this was a song from the upcoming Behexen album...

I READ WORDS GOOD.

Hexen is superior to Behexen. Akthough both are generic at their trade.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.05.2012 - 17:36
Troy Killjoy
perfunctionist
Considering these guys have one full-length under their belt, and they're a revivalist thrash band... I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you Marcel.
----
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something."
09.05.2012 - 17:54
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Troy Killjoy on 09.05.2012 at 17:36

Considering these guys have one full-length under their belt, and they're a revivalist thrash band... I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with you Marcel.

Behexen aren't revivalist but are generic. When they started releasing their albums that sort of music had already been done to death.

And even though Hexen could possibly be called revivalist, which they aren't really, they are still miles ahead of Behexen.

Not all new bands that play thrash/doom/death/whatever are revivalist. In order to be revivalist they have to copy the entire sound of a subgenre and Hexen doesn't really do that. Not like Havok, Bonded By Blood et al do.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

09.05.2012 - 19:01
Joppe
Steelemeister
Better than the 1st album's songs
----
My vision is augmented

Hits total: 2940 | This month: 8