Metal Storm logo
Daylight Dies - Reveal More Details About New Album

Candlelight Records has confirmed October 9th as the North American release date for Daylight Dies' new album, A Frail Becoming, four years after the release of Lost To The Living. Mixed by Jens Bogren at Fascination Street Studios ( Opeth, Katatonia, Devin Townsend), the album features photography from award-winning Jonathan Mehring and packaging design by Agni Kaster. The cover artwork, final tracklist and album teaser can be found below.

Drummer Jesse Haff stated: "A Frail Becoming is an album which, at many times during its creation, felt as if it may never be realized. As each of our lives proceeded down different paths, the challenges and obstacles we faced felt daunting and at times impassible. Out of this struggle we forged ahead, determined to write the best collection of music we've ever created. Thankfully our perseverance prevailed and A Frail Becoming stands as the most accomplished and varied album of our career."

The recording of A Frail Becoming commenced late 2011. Bassist/vocalist Egan O'Rourke coordinated capturing individual performances of Haff, guitarists Barre Gambling and Charley Shackelford, and vocalist Nathan Ellis.

Haff notes: "While still sounding distinctly Daylight Dies, each songs stands independently on its own, uncompromisingly representing a reflection of the moment in time they were each born in. Expect beautiful and haunting guitar-driven dark metal, enveloped by a wall of rhythms and textures one minute, and deeply expressive guitar leads, solos and acoustic passages the next."

A Frail Becoming tracklist:

01. Infidel
02. The Pale Approach
03. Sunset
04. Dreaming Of Breathing
05. A Final Vestige
06. Ghosting
07. Hold On To Nothing
08. Water's Edge
09. An Heir To Emptiness

Daylight Dies is currently working on a video for the song "Dreaming Of Breathing." The clip is being filmed by Ramon Boutviseth, who also directed "Lies That Bind," a video filmed shortly after the release of 2006's Dismantling Devotion.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Daylight Dies
Posted: 25.07.2012 by Faithless Martyr

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 66 users
25.07.2012 - 13:36
SSM
Massacred
Great news. "Lies That Bind" is a masterpiece.
25.07.2012 - 15:43
Rawand

It will be amazing
great band
25.07.2012 - 18:14
Carrion Misery

That wasn't useless. As the sustained guitar was getting louder on the teaser, I was anticipating the song to start, but it didn't. Now I am ever more eager to hear the CD. Seems like the point of the teaser was accomplished. Can't wait.
----
? Carrion Misery
www.mournspire.com | Two-Man Death Doom Project
Full album streaming
25.07.2012 - 21:16
HaaskAksaaH

Written by Carrion Misery on 25.07.2012 at 18:14

That wasn't useless. As the sustained guitar was getting louder on the teaser, I was anticipating the song to start, but it didn't. Now I am ever more eager to hear the CD. Seems like the point of the teaser was accomplished. Can't wait.

Completely agree with u \m/ ..
26.07.2012 - 16:51
The Galactician

Yep, been waiting for a long while for this one.
04.10.2012 - 00:04
CobiWan1993
Secundum Filium
I preordered my copy a few days ago. If the two songs I've heard from this album (Infidel and A Final Vestige) are indicative of what to expect for the entire release, then this should eclipse Dismantling Devotion (which was amazing) easily!
----
Ordinary men hate solitude. But the Master makes use of it, embracing his aloneness, realizing he is one with the whole universe (Lao Tzu).

Hits total: 4012 | This month: 10