03. Kiss Of Death
04. Night On Bröcken
05. S.E.K.
06. Misfit
07. Shadowfax
08. Damnation
09. Soldier Boy

Additional info
Basically, this is the demo recording, upgraded to first album status. Jim Matheos hates this album.
Released as a double album with "The Spectre Within" in 1992 with different cover artwork.
Released with 3 total different covers.
Original LP cover artwork from 1984 is shown, please, don't change this picture.
In 2002 Metal Blade Records released a remastered version of this album. It featured these bonus tracks:

10. Last Call - Misfit Demo 1984 (5:39)
11. The Calling - Rehearsal 1983 (4:36)
12. Kiss of Death - Live at L'Amour 1985 (4:35)
13. Flight of Icarus - Rehearsal 1983 (Iron Maiden Cover) (5:18)

Found in 5 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 10   Visited by: 192 users
24.10.2012 - 17:43
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Good one, I like this band, they start same way like DT but when DT lost in some where I dont know, this band knows the way how write proper songs and never get bored, never, defenetly this si best album, but still all albums specely in 80's is good, Flight Of Icarus is ebst song in album but I have weird version ... whit sound errors, like from vinly
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
02.04.2018 - 23:50
Rating: 7
Redel

Surprisingly good debut. Among their better works.
Damnation is an amazing song.
12.11.2020 - 09:33
majormalfunction

Long time since I heard this one. Pure Maiden worship and it's a good one. The lyrics seem to be quite silly and the cover art...yikes, but the music is nice and Arch was already here an amazing singer.
----
Everything's twice as bright with money in your hands
12.11.2020 - 10:18
JoHn Doe

Written by majormalfunction on 12.11.2020 at 09:33

Long time since I heard this one. Pure Maiden worship and it's a good one. The lyrics seem to be quite silly and the cover art...yikes, but the music is nice and Arch was already here an amazing singer.

This album has had three covers, don't know why. I tried to post the other two, but did not succeed.
Yeah, solid album.
----
I thought the two primary purposes for the internet were cat memes and overreactions.
12.11.2020 - 10:42
majormalfunction

Written by JoHn Doe on 12.11.2020 at 10:18

This album has had three covers, don't know why. I tried to post the other two, but did not succeed.
Yeah, solid album.

Oh, did not know that. Checked them out and yeah any of those would have been an upgrade. The art with the moon reminds me a lot of Heavens Gate album Menergy.
----
19.02.2021 - 14:23
Redel

Written by majormalfunction on 12.11.2020 at 10:42

Written by JoHn Doe on 12.11.2020 at 10:18

Yeah, solid album.

Oh, did not know that. Checked them out and yeah any of those would have been an upgrade. The art with the moon reminds me a lot of Heavens Gate album Menergy.

This original vinyl cover art displayed above is one of the best cover arts I have ever seen.
It is the perfect reference for this album.
It displays a view from the mountain Brocken in Germany, which is in several traditions associated with witches (Walpurgis Night).
It is a beautiful cover art I think.
19.02.2021 - 22:08
majormalfunction

Written by Redel on 19.02.2021 at 14:23

This original vinyl cover art displayed above is one of the best cover arts I have ever seen.
It is the perfect reference for this album.
It displays a view from the mountain Brocken in Germany, which is in several traditions associated with witches (Walpurgis Night).
It is a beautiful cover art I think.

I think we have to disagree on that The idea is cool but the execution leaves a lot to desire
----
13.04.2021 - 02:07
Rating: 9
The Galactician

The production is bit rubbish, but Arch's voice carries the day, and the songs themselves are great. I love them as much now as I did when I was an impressionable teen hesher in the '80s.
30.08.2022 - 10:39
Rating: 5
Daniell
_爱情_
Written by The Galactician on 13.04.2021 at 02:07

The production is bit rubbish, but Arch's voice carries the day, and the songs themselves are great. I love them as much now as I did when I was an impressionable teen hesher in the '80s.

Arch's voice is the single thing that completely destroys every FW song. He sings completety out of sync with the music, with ZERO melodies and emotions, and to add insult to injury, he is too high in the mix. His "singing" is the sole reason why the first three FW albums suck balls.
22.10.2022 - 20:50
Rating: 6
Joppe
Steelemeister
Weird songwriting, I don't get where they tried to go most of time on this album. I agree, it sounds Iron Maiden's The Number of the Beast and Piece of Mind worship musically and vocally, but the songwriting is nothing like it. I guess I could give this material some credit for trying something different, but not so much for having good whole songs.
----
My vision is augmented

Hits total: 7422 | This month: 22