02. Rabid Vultures
03. Poltergeist (The Nemesis)
04. March Of The Thousand Legions
05. Carnal Damage
06. Undertaker
07. Skeletal Claws
08. Carrier Of Pestilence
09. Deadmeat Disciples

Until now, it has been a fantastic year in metal, a lot of good releases and some surprises too, one of this surprises comes from the land of the thousand lakes, Finland.
When I received the promo copy of Deathchain debut album I was expecting a typical good album, not the monster that I'm about to unfold before your eyes.

Deathchain plays a very energetic Trash-Death Metal, with a lot of influences from the 80's, a crisp production and great grunts make this one of the big surprises of the year.
While the band members are rather young, (from 20 to 25 years old), they manage to create a powerful album here, this will make you headbang like a madman!

The album starts with "Chaos Wartech" a ultra fast piece, here you can take a glimpse of the power riffing of these guys, "Rabid Vultures" is another great tune with a more melodic approach in the chorus zone, "Poltergeist" is a track right off the Demo that made these guys get signed, so is a freakin' great song. "March Of The Thousand legions" has a grand chorus that will stick in your brain for weeks.
As the record goes on you keep listening killer tracks, but is not until track 7, "Skeletal Claws" that I'm mesmerized by the awesome musicianship of this guys, this song is amazing, and followed by the no-less amazing "Carrier Of Pestilence" this last song has THE chorus in the album I know I've said this a lot of times, but this time I really really mean it, if you hear "Carrier Of Pestilence" you'll keep singing that chorus over and over again, besides is very easy, the chorus only says carrier of pestilence!

Finland has showed us once more time that all their habitants are potential musicians, and good ones too! Every fan of killer riffs and aggressive tunes, should check this one out, a wonderful release by a practically unknown band, the only thing I hope is that this record won't go unnoticed by the media.

Written by Undercraft | 24.03.2004

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 31 users
04.12.2006 - 22:28
Rating: 8
Sunioj

Great album, best formula of death/thrash Ive heard in awhile...
10.07.2007 - 15:39
CrimsonSoaked
Account deleted
Death and Thrash , theyre the too metal styles i love.Surely this band is undervalued , their music aquires and deserves more respect and support and bigger fan base

Hits total: 3498 | This month: 9