Re-released in 2009 by I Hate Records

Found in 1 list
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 63 users
12.03.2013 - 02:15
Rating: 9
squidrick420

Seems nobody has had anything to say about this album, so it looks like I will be the first. I find that it is surprisingly underrated compared to some of their releases; this is actually one of my favorite Root albums. I just got a copy in the mail recently, a first press cassette (this is one of my most valued music items), I have listened to it several times, in fact I dubbed a copy onto a split with Hell Symphony on one side and Bathory's Blood Fire Death on the other.

As for the album itself, it is aggressive and evil when it needs to be and melodic and unique at times. This is one of those albums that bridges the gap between first wave and second wave black metal. There are songs that go with the classic thrash feel, then next thing you know its blast beats with tremolo picking so it is an interesting album for 1991. As always Big Boss uses his eerie vocals to ensnare the listener and create a strange atmosphere to compliment whatever is going on musically. Overall... one of the best Root albums in my opinion.

Hits total: 4055 | This month: 14