Metal Storm logo
Sybreed - Singer Leaves, Cancel Shows

Sybreed's vocalist for many years, Benjamin Nominet, has announced that he is leaving the band "because of reasons beyond his control". Sybreed will have to cancel all shows in the near future due to this, which include their participation on the Soilwork European tour. The band will also take some time off and reflect about their future.

The full statement can be read below:

"Dear all, this is the most difficult and worst announcement that we've ever had to make, and we were not expecting to have to but, unfortunately, we do not have the choice... So here it goes: one month ago, it's with great sadness that Benjamin had to inform us that, because of reasons beyond his control, he won't be able to participate in the upcoming tours scheduled. He consequently, after a lengthy period of reflections, decided to leave Sybreed, for professional and personal matters.

On the rest of the band's side, we have therefore chosen to cancel all our upcoming engagements, which include our participation to the Soilwork tour, considering that replacing Ben on such a short notice is out of the question, not only because it verges on the impossible, but mainly because we don't want to. He is now and always will remain an important part of Sybreed's identity, as well as one its founders. So we will take some time off to focus on our other projects, and in time we'll see where we stand.

We would like to thank Benjamin with a warm heart for those great years spent with him as Sybreed's singer, but also as a true friend. We are all very sad about this unexpected situation and still shocked, but it is what it is and nobody is to blame, just a mix of very sad and unexpected circumstances.

We also would like to apologize to the bands and the staff involved in the Infinity Tour, and to our fans who expected to see us on stage on the upcoming days. We feel really awful canceling on such short notice. And most of all, we would also like to thank all the people we worked with and all the fans that supported us in the past ten years, we are very lucky to have you and will never forget. See you, hopefully, as soon as possible.
"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Sybreed
Posted: 29.10.2013 by Neroese

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 101 users
29.10.2013 - 15:06
angel.
Evil Butterfly
What kind of things are annoying this handsome dude and making him leave Sybreed, argh, that sucks, although he is not the best voice ever, and also his accent had some serious troubles, still I liked his vocals in Sybreed so much :|
----
The Fangirl.
29.10.2013 - 15:20
Neroese
Account deleted
Written by angel. on 29.10.2013 at 15:06

What kind of things are annoying this handsome dude and making him leave Sybreed, argh, that sucks, although he is not the best voice ever, and also his accent had some serious troubles, still I liked his vocals in Sybreed so much :|

But don't forget about his vocals on ReEvolution, and how he progress on 'The Pulse of Awakening'. Overall - he don't resign from music, and hope Sybreed will find new vocalist, and next album will be AMAZIGN.

Anyway - it's still hard to believe. I remember that Ben sing on Drop's songs (Drop beforesybreed project was Rain) when Drop was 16 (!) and they're very close. Looks like Drop become only 1 former member.
29.10.2013 - 15:25
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Written by Guest on 29.10.2013 at 15:20

and hope Sybreed will find new vocalist, and next album will be AMAZIGN.

Sybreed without this voice ? well to be honest one of the reasons I liked Sybreed was the voice of Benjamin. I mean I know Sybreed with that voice, I'm not gonna like Sybreed with a new one, I mean this is a big mistake for most of the bands, when they change the vocalists, for some fans it's like that they're listening to a whole new band and music.

They'd better take a break until dear Benjamin [ ] can keep up with Sybreed again.
----
The Fangirl.
29.10.2013 - 16:33
svartberger

Written by angel. on 29.10.2013 at 15:06

Have to agree with you, he was ok in this band but i think it will not be a problem to replace him if they really want to keep the band alive
29.10.2013 - 19:42
MechanisT
Account deleted
30.10.2013 - 16:54
Giza

This really sucks, I was really looking forward to see them perform live in my town.
30.10.2013 - 18:42
Loendt

I'm so sad with this shit.

Hits total: 4081 | This month: 7