01. Recalling
02. Auricle
03. Degeneration
04. Xenophobia
05. Fogyist
06. Mind Cancer
07. Hydra
08. The Last Station

Exir is one of the oldest albums by an Iranian metal band, Kahtmayan. Released by Ava Khorshid in 2005 in Iran the album was a huge evolution in the history of music in Iran. Actually, this album is full of brilliant guitar parts, with great band work. This album is simply a mine of superb instrumental songs, such as "Auricle" and "Hydra".

A very important thing for an album is that the musicians bring their feelings and ideas to what they want to create. Kahtmayan did it very well. Most parts of the album are covered by deep hearted melodies and unbelievably, it will make you worship for it.

The band isn't famous, and lost in time nobody knows what a diamond this band would be. While the rhythm guitar fights like a titan and the lead guitar dances around, maybe this is the only possible example for their work. The rhythm guitar does its job and along with the lead guitar, they've made a crazy album, which, when the drummer hits the drums, the music will grip you. Deep melodies, with a medium-high tempo, are the most important and most effective key that made this album a cool one.

Some songs like "Fogyist" are two part and they included two songs in one record. They have passed the most challenging part of album, they bring what they wanted to this album, and this helped Kahtmayan to create one of the best instrumental albums (or only in my opinion). And after-all, I decided to give them 8.6. I know it's a little late for review, but this album needs one. It would be better if you simply listened to a song. Excellent album, in the first years of Iranian metal history.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 8
Originality: 8
Production: 8

Written by MetalAce | 12.02.2014

Guest review disclaimer:
This is a guest review, which means it does not necessarily represent the point of view of the MS Staff.

Comments

Comments: 3   Visited by: 41 users
12.02.2014 - 10:43
Rating: 9
SoshianT
In my opinion Auricle , the best track of this album
but the rythm and atmosphere of Xenophobia is very good
12.02.2014 - 18:10
Rating: 7
.:Nataras:.
.:Saratan:.
Nice review!
----
.:Saratan:.
13.02.2014 - 09:44
Rating: 10
MetalAce
The Eternal
Written by .:Nataras:. on 12.02.2014 at 18:10

Nice review!

Thanks bro! It's all because of Kahtmayan's great work!

Hits total: 2924 | This month: 9