Metal Storm logo
DevilDriver - Part Ways With Two Members

DevilDriver has released an update following the band's performance at Knotfest. The band's vocalist Bradley James "Dez" Fafara informed that the band has lost two of its original members: drummer John Boecklin and guitarist Jeff Kendrick. Both have been in the band since the beginning. Furthermore, DevilDriver will be on hiatus while Fafara rejoins Coal Chamber but he promises the band will comeback with a new album in 2016.

Here is what Dez Fafara had to say about their depatures: "Hey everyone. What a blast Knotfest was. No better way to end the Winter Kills cycle. With the end of this cycle comes some other endings. John Boecklin, Jeff Kendrick and DevilDriver have parted ways. Nothing dramatic, no drag down fights, just time to move on. As I have said previously, DevilDriver is on hiatus while I re join Coal Chamber for a new record release and tour. DevilDriver will be back, make no mistake of that, in 2016 with a new record which we are already writing, tours around the world and the massive pits you have all gotten used to. All in DevilDriver wish John and Jeff the best."

Said Jeff Kendrick in a statement: "I want to thank our fans all over the world for allowing me to live the dream of playing guitar in DevilDriver for the last 12 years. It will be some of the fondest memories I will ever have, and it has been a tremendous honor and a pleasure to play for everyone, everywhere. I want to make it clear that this is my decision, and I have nothing but love for all my brothers in the band. I revere my bandmates with the utmost respect and am happy for the experiences we have all shared. I am moving forward as an executive in my company All Axess and have several other things in the works. Thank you to all the fans, I love you all! This is just the beginning for me!"

Source: devildriver.com
Band profile: DevilDriver
Posted: 29.10.2014 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 70 users
29.10.2014 - 13:17
MikeVonDoom

As expected (and I said on the last news from them), Devildriver's went on hiatus!
29.10.2014 - 14:54
Sword_Chant

Have never really been able to get into any of Devildriver's releases since Pray For Villains, hopefully their future albums will sound more like their older material.
30.10.2014 - 05:09
UPDIRNS

This sucks ass. I love DD. one of my favorite bands. Boeklin and Kendrick are both very talented and it will be very hard to find their replacements.

Hits total: 2123 | This month: 4