Metal Storm logo
Royal Thunder - New Album On The Way, First Details

With their last full length having come out in 2012, Royal Thunder have finally announced the title and release date of their sophomore full-length. The album will be titled Crooked Doors with an official release date of April 7th. The album is to be released via Relapse Records, and is already recorded. Get ready!

Crooked Doors will consist of 11 songs, and a quote from the band reads as follows: "It's been too long. Thanks for being patient with us in delivering this album! We hope you are fond of it. Looking forward to revisiting familiar places and face."

The album was recorded throughout 2014, with principal recording done at Aria Recording Studio in Marietta, GA with producer Joey Jones.

To revisit the previous album, CVI, visit the band's official Bandcamp.

Photo Credit: Kevin Griggs

Source: relapse.com
Band profile: Royal Thunder
Posted: 21.01.2015 by Alex Fenger

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 56 users
21.01.2015 - 13:32
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Great news.

CVI was amazing but I had issues with vocals. Musically, it was excellent.

Eager to wait for this.
21.01.2015 - 13:40
Alex F
Slick Dick Rick
Quite looking forward to this one. I still revisit their debut quite often, despite the obvious flaws it had. I imagine if they can buff out whatever dents and scratches were on the previous album then we'll have a real gem coming from these guys
21.01.2015 - 14:28
Diverge

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 21.01.2015 at 13:32

Great news.

CVI was amazing but I had issues with vocals. Musically, it was excellent.

Eager to wait for this.

I find myself the other way around. I loved the vocals but thought musically this was pretty standard and uninspiring. I'm just hoping the music can keep pace with her killer vocals this time around.
21.01.2015 - 16:33
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
How the hell someone can like vocals while music is standard and uninspiring?!

Then sure as hell you shouldn't check out the new record. Music could be modified but it'll lay on from CVI for sure. I'm just hoping vocals are better this time.
21.01.2015 - 17:43
Susan
Smeghead
YES YES YES YES!!!!! Was just listening again the other day wondering if we'll be graced with a sophomore album. This news just made my week.

(I'm in the camp that loved the vocals AND the music.)
----
"A life all mine
Is what I choose
At the end of my days"
--The Gathering "A Life All Mine" from Souvenirs
21.01.2015 - 17:56
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
Written by Susan on 21.01.2015 at 17:43
(I'm in the camp that loved the vocals AND the music.)

Same here... Although I tend to flirt with the camp that says "without the vocals, I wouldn't break the green numbers for this band".
But yeah, fucking awesome to know that there will be another album. Let's hope it will be as strong as the debut.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
21.01.2015 - 18:31
angel.
Evil Butterfly
Why there is no super happy emoticon on MS, I can't express myself with these ones.
----
The Fangirl.
21.01.2015 - 19:13
Abattoir

Yeah, definitely enjoying Parsonz vocals as well as their music originality and execution.
25.01.2015 - 17:03
Diverge

Written by Cynic Metalhead on 21.01.2015 at 16:33

How the hell someone can like vocals while music is standard and uninspiring?!

Then sure as hell you shouldn't check out the new record. Music could be modified but it'll lay on from CVI for sure. I'm just hoping vocals are better this time.

There was a serious lack of variety on their debut, and that's really all that is holding them back from even greater heights. My comment wasn't nearly as complicated as you made it out to be. If you're going to reply to somebody,, I highly recommend quoting them .

And of course I'm going to check out the new record. CVI was only a debut, but it seemed promising in many respects.
25.01.2015 - 17:44
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Royal Thunder's vocals were one of my favourite things about their debut.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.01.2015 - 01:20
Crème fraiche

Awesome!
28.01.2015 - 17:43
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Only have CVI:A - sadly they were sold out of CVI when I saw them live with Baroness. they were great. Cannot wait to check this out.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!

Hits total: 1408 | This month: 7