Metal Storm logo
Bell Witch - Four Phantoms

7.8 | 90 votes |
Release date: 28 April 2015
Style: Funeral doom metal

Owners:

59 have it
8 want it

01. Suffocation, A Burial: I - Awoken (Breathing Teeth)
02. Judgement, In Fire: I - Garden (Of Blooming Ash)
03. Suffocation, A Drowning: II - Somniloquy (The Distance Of Forever)
04. Judgement, In Air: II - Felled (In Howling Wind)

Additional info
Artwork: Paolo Girardi

Staff review by
Auntie Sahar
Rating:
Funeral doom has always struck me as a very hit or miss style of music. You either get albums from bands that are totally monumental, crushing, and epic, or ones that somehow just can't figure out the trick and are instead boring, overly plodding, and uninspired, with very little to be found in between these extremes. Four Phantoms, the sophomore effort from the American Bell Witch, is a curious release in this regard, one that first appears to be in that second area, but begins to move to the first as its grandiosity is slowly revealed.

Read more ››
published 30.05.2015 | Comments (25)

Found in 20 lists
Top lists

Comments page 2 / 2

Comments: 35   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 356 users
13.06.2017 - 18:03
Rating: 8
Paz
Nuclear Cowboy
Written by Guest on 13.06.2017 at 16:22

Esoteric is my favorite funeral doom band ever, but Bell Witch has released music within the past 5 years

I prefer one album by Esoteric in 10 years instead of two albums by Bell Witch in 5 years
13.06.2017 - 18:37
VIG
Account deleted
Written by Paz on 13.06.2017 at 18:03

Written by Guest on 13.06.2017 at 16:22

Esoteric is my favorite funeral doom band ever, but Bell Witch has released music within the past 5 years

I prefer one album by Esoteric in 10 years instead of two albums by Bell Witch in 5 years

Yeah, me too, but Bell Witch is really good
24.10.2017 - 08:40
Desha
delicious dish
Man I finally remembered what painting the cover reminded me of the first time I saw it:

Expulsion from the Garden of Eden by Thomas Cole, similar composition and almost similar theme.
----
You are the hammer, I am the nail
building a house in the fire on the hill
07.10.2018 - 14:14
LuciferOfGayness
Account deleted
Another year passes by... and this is still the best album this decade imo. And I should be given credit for not overspamming this album thread despite the love. The bass has more indentity in the first minute than most bands gather in a lifetime.

I love you album. So, so much I love you.
07.10.2018 - 16:42
Mercurial

Written by Guest on 07.10.2018 at 14:14

Another year passes by... and this is still the best album this decade imo. And I should be given credit for not overspamming this album thread despite the love. The bass has more indentity in the first minute than most bands gather in a lifetime.

I love you album. So, so much I love you.

I remember my first ever album, too

Hits total: 7120 | This month: 40