Metal Storm logo
Spock's Beard - Announce New Album And Tour

Prog alert! Spock's Beard are releasing a new album. The progressive rockers just revealed that they will return with their brand new 12th studio album called The Oblivion Particle, to be released at the end of August 2015. They will also head back to Europe later this year for a string of live dates in support of the record. Spock's Beard's forthcoming new studio album The Oblivion Particle is the follow-up to 2013's Brief Nocturnes And Dreamless Sleep. Look out for more info about it in the coming weeks.

The band will be joined on this tour by young UK act Synaesthesia and Hungarian band Special Providence.

The full list of dates:

16.09 - Spirit of 66, Verviers, Belgium
17.09 - De Boerderij, Zoetermeer, The Netherlands
18.09 - Framus & Warwick Music Hall, Markneukirchen, Germany
19.09 - Progresja, Warschau, Poland
20.09 - Metro Club, Brno, Czech Republic
21.09 - Ship A38, Budapest, Hungary
23.09 - Legend, Milan, Italy
24.09 - Kantine, Augsburg, Germany
25.09 - Sudhaus, Tübingen, Germany
26.09 - Alte Seilerei, Mannheim, Germany
27.09 - Essigfabrik, Cologne, Germany
29.09 - O2 Academy Islington, London, UK
30.09 - Assembly, Leamington Spa, UK
1.10 - The Classic Grand, Glasgow, UK
2.10 - Rescue Rooms, Nottingham, UK
3.10 - Club Academy, Manchester, UK

Source: insideoutmusic.com
Band profile: Spock's Beard
Posted: 22.04.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 24 users
23.04.2015 - 02:25
Liquid

This band was really doing something special years ago. But now I find myself struggling both with the remaining core and with the respective solo projects that left. Shame for a band whose sum so was so much greater than its parts to fall apart like that. That said, I'll still check this one out. X wasn't too bad, so maybe there's some life in them after all.
23.04.2015 - 14:40
DahliaRock

Written by Liquid on 23.04.2015 at 02:25

This band was really doing something special years ago.

Did you listen to the last album? What was your thoughts on that? Departure of Neal Morse put them in a major identity crisis for sure, it's like hollowing inside of a tree, but I feel like they have grown anew from their seeds.
23.04.2015 - 15:30
Liquid

Written by DahliaRock on 23.04.2015 at 14:40

Written by Liquid on 23.04.2015 at 02:25

This band was really doing something special years ago.

Did you listen to the last album? What was your thoughts on that? Departure of Neal Morse put them in a major identity crisis for sure, it's like hollowing inside of a tree, but I feel like they have grown anew from their seeds.

I know I did, but nothing really stuck out to me about it. Maybe it's time to revisit.
24.04.2015 - 13:01
DahliaRock

Written by Liquid on 23.04.2015 at 15:30

I know I did, but nothing really stuck out to me about it. Maybe it's time to revisit.

well, you shouldn't have dived in with a V / Snow like opus expectation buddy, that era is long gone literally think of it like the Leonard Nimoy era and Zachary Quinto era, the simile fits like a fist! instead of saying "ooh that Quinto that SoB he nothing like Nimoy" try "well Quinto sucked hard at first but now he is getting somewhere!".. cross-era comparison rains down disappointments galore

Hits total: 1758 | This month: 3