Metal Storm logo
Kylesa - Releasing New Album In October, New Song Online

Kylesa fans rejoice because the band has just announced their new album! We already knew that they were working on a follow-up to Ultraviolet but now we know more. Their new full-length is called Exhausting Fire and drops via Season Of Mist on October 2nd. The Savannah, Georgia band has also premiered the new song "Lost And Confused". Listen to the heavy sludgy track here or below. You know you want to.

Album cover

Tracklist:
01. Crusher
02. Inward Debate
03. Moving Day
04. Lost And Confused
05. Shaping The Southern Sky
06. Falling
07. Night Drive
08. Blood Moon
09. Growing Roots
10. Out Of My Mind
11. Paranoid (bonus track, Black Sabbath cover)

Pre-orders are available here.

"I think with [2013's] Ultraviolet we got too far into doing what we wanted and forgot that Kylesa is, at heart, a heavy band," guitarist/vocalist Pleasants says in the press release. "That's one thing I had to keep in mind because I am interested in different kinds of music and writing differently. With this one, I wanted to write heavy riffs, the kind I hadn't written in a while, and see where that took us."

Kylesa are about to deliver their seventh album. What do you think of this first track?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Kylesa
Posted: 28.07.2015 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 58 users
28.07.2015 - 18:43
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Everything about this is sounding great to me. I'm hungry for more
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
28.07.2015 - 18:51
afu

I like it. I was kind of missing the more primal elements of their sound. My only complaint about their albums is a lack of variety in tempo and sound from track to track. I hope they break that habit with this one, because they could be truly great if each song was allowed its own identity.
29.07.2015 - 00:03
Joe Zombie

This gon be gooood.
29.07.2015 - 01:07
Ocean Sage

I like it, I hope they get inspired and passionate. I really loved Ultraviolet, but I fear they have put themselves in a creative rut.
29.07.2015 - 11:23
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by afu on 28.07.2015 at 18:51

I like it. I was kind of missing the more primal elements of their sound. My only complaint about their albums is a lack of variety in tempo and sound from track to track. I hope they break that habit with this one, because they could be truly great if each song was allowed its own identity.

Did you listen to their last album Ultraviolent? I think they had more variety there. But in general, they do stick to their sound mostly, which is unique in itself.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
03.08.2015 - 17:14
afu

Written by BloodTears on 29.07.2015 at 11:23

Written by afu on 28.07.2015 at 18:51

Did you listen to their last album Ultraviolent? I think they had more variety there. But in general, they do stick to their sound mostly, which is unique in itself.

I have it. Honestly, I didn't listen to it much. Around it's release, my life turned upside down and then I became disabled; music wasn't being played. My reply was probably directed more at Spiral Shadow and that they are now not very happy with Ultraviolet. After reading your reply, I put it on. 'We're Taking This' is awesome.

Hits total: 2127 | This month: 5