Metal Storm logo
Myrkur - Brand New Track Online

With M about to be released on the 21st of August 2015 via Relapse Records, Danish black metal phenom Myrkur has shared another new song from her debut album. Now you can stream the song ''Mordet'' on the YouTube below (or alternatively here). "Mordet" features guitar riffs by Christopher Amott of Arch Enemy fame. What are you waiting for? Enjoy!

You can also still hear "Skøgen Skulle Dø" here.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Myrkur
Posted: 09.08.2015 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 9   Visited by: 80 users
09.08.2015 - 12:21
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
I like the more ethereal side of this band, especially the track with the video. The raw side does not suit this project. This track is decent, but far from being impressive.
09.08.2015 - 16:21
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
^ Indeed.
Well, if it's only one raw track amidst the pthers there's no problem though... I liked all the other tracks so far. Still looking forward for it
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
09.08.2015 - 18:37
Ocean Sage

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 09.08.2015 at 12:21

I like the more ethereal side of this band, especially the track with the video. The raw side does not suit this project. This track is decent, but far from being impressive.

Huh, you perfectly summed up my feelings about Myrkur that I couldn't quite find the words. I love her clean vocals with all their compelling changes as I see Myrkur being more successful as an Atmospheric Black Metal band. If I wanted Black Metal like this new song, I would just listen to Behemoth or some trve kvlt metal guys. I like Myrkur when they are different and "ethereal" as you said, not their more brutal driving riff side.
09.08.2015 - 18:46
Warman
Erotic Stains
I for one love the mix of atmosphere and harsh and raw stuff.
----
10.08.2015 - 11:28
Joe Zombie

Didn't like it at first, but its a good track. So far I think this album will be pretty solid, and with a fair amount of variety.
10.08.2015 - 17:25
Zap
Wait, how many songs is that now? Didn't we hear the entire album by now...
10.08.2015 - 19:21
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by Zap on 10.08.2015 at 17:25

Wait, how many songs is that now? Didn't we hear the entire album by now...

Judging by the size of the tracks it should have about 40 tracks to make a 35 minute album
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
28.08.2015 - 22:21
The Evergreen

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 09.08.2015 at 12:21

My feelings exactly. I'm still going to check out the entire thing, though.
28.08.2015 - 22:33
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by The Evergreen on 28.08.2015 at 22:21

My feelings exactly. I'm still going to check out the entire thing, though.

Well, I did give it a shot, and I have to say that it is a solid release. Not spectacular, nor groundbreaking. My stance remains... she should really ditch the black metal gimmick and focus on what she is doing best. Her ethereal vocals are truly mesmerizing, but her shrieks are outright pathethic.

Hits total: 2240 | This month: 8