8 | 236 votes |
Release date: 12 October 1994
Style: Black metal

Owners:

300 have it
31 want it
1 trades it

01. Begravelsesnatt
02. Crushing The Scepter (Regaining A Lost Dominion)
03. Ritual
04. Drømmer Om Død
05. Katharinas Bortgang
06. Huldrelokk
07. (Under) The Pagan Megalith
08. Måneskyggens Slave

Additional info
Recorded and mixed in Grieghallen Studio early 1994.

English translations:
1. Burialnight
4. Dreams Of Death
5. Katharina's Demise
8. Slave Of The Moonshadow

Guest review by
Prugor
Rating:
With the original line up underway, this is the debut release from Gorgoroth, one of the highest respected and foremost one of the most intense Black Metal outfits to come out of Norway. This album however follows the same path that nearly all are doomed to have followed, the poor quality of recording. Though, it doesn't hamper it much, this album isn't their strongest either. It suffers from low quality, as I said, and a short play list in minutes, in fact it runs about twenty nine minutes if I'm not mistaken. With that said, lets move onto the more interesting parts of this recording. Personally, it's not my favorite recording, its actually my least favorite album from Gorgoroth.

Read more ››
published 16.04.2004 | Comments (7)

Found in 12 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 2   Visited by: 241 users
16.10.2015 - 16:23
Rating: 7
musicalkaratekid

It's standard black metal, but this is probably a representation of Gorgoroth's most creative years as a band. I've honestly never been a massive fan of Gorgoroth, but there are some great songs here-particularly "Crushing the Scepter" and "Maneskyggens Slave".
03.01.2019 - 14:06
Rating: 8
Maasai Mara

Hat sounds like a starved cat being strangled and if this is how good strangled cats sound then i am tempted to strangle several cats and enjoy such sounds. A must listen black metal classic with an atmosphere to rival anything put forward by Immortal.
----
You are not metal enough until you visit Kenya. The cradle of mankind, where man learnt first to work with stones and first enjoyed the sounds produced by banging stones which later influenced metal in all its sounds and genres.

Hits total: 8669 | This month: 21