Metal Storm logo
Fleshgod Apocalypse - Unveil New Music Video

This Friday, Italian symphonic death metal masters Fleshgod Apocalypse are set to release their new album King via Nuclear Blast so why not share another new song in the meantime? In celebration of the release, the band has premiered an official video for the new track, "Cold As Perfection". Watch the video's enchantingly tragic story unfold below. There's some nudity and blood spilling. You have been warned.

The band commented on the track and video: "King should be considered an entire unique opera, even though every single song, with its related character, treats a specific and intense aspect of human condition or behaviour. We picked 'Cold As Perfection' for the first video because it faces one of the heaviest and most painful aspects of existence.

"The song is about aging and the sad consciousness of losing physical and mental integrity with the passing of time. While we waste our life in the continuous research of perfection, which we know will never be reached, we deliberately sacrifice the splendor of our existence that is composed by an infinite number of imperfect details. We lose ourselves, we lose the time that nature offered us for free and we offend those not lucky enough to have as much as we have. It's scary because it's not an invented story, it's reality and it's inexorable.

"For sure the theme is brutal and extreme, that's why it deserved an equally extreme video. We got censored but we don't care. We knew we were going to shake some consciences but it's what the band is set to do. This is who we are. We consider it's pretty pointless to resort to cheap fantasy or obsolete superstitions to make an argument. Reality is the argument itself and often it's the most horrible one."

The video was directed by Francesco Paoli and Salvatore Perrone.

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Fleshgod Apocalypse
Posted: 03.02.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 138 users
03.02.2016 - 15:41
HyperDrifter

Quote:
"The song is about aging and the sad consciousness of losing physical and mental integrity with the passing of time. While we waste our life in the continuous research of perfection, which we know will never be reached, we deliberately sacrifice the splendor of our existence that is composed by an infinite number of imperfect details. We lose ourselves, we lose the time that nature offered us for free and we offend those not lucky enough to have as much as we have. It's scary because it's not an invented story, it's reality and it's inexorable.

"For sure the theme is brutal and extreme, that's why it deserved an equally extreme video. We got censored but we don't care. We knew we were going to shake some consciences but it's what the band is set to do. This is who we are. We consider it's pretty pointless to resort to cheap fantasy or obsolete superstitions to make an argument. Reality is the argument itself and often it's the most horrible one."

That's a great synopsis and all too true...
03.02.2016 - 15:52
garmling
Account deleted
Written by HyperDrifter on 03.02.2016 at 15:41

Quote:

That's a great synopsis and all too true...

Agreed! Although I'm not that huge fan of this band, I must admit this song is absolutely great!
03.02.2016 - 16:20
FYA
Destroyer
Quote:
There's some nudity and blood spilling.

Sounds great for me.
03.02.2016 - 19:16
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
I keep thinking that guy on the cover looks a lot like a famous actor, but can't remember which
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
03.02.2016 - 21:43
CyberSymphony
Ollie
From reading the post, then watching it, I was expecting a more brutal video. I'm liking the song though.
03.02.2016 - 22:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This is nudity, c mon ...
smart woman, she did go to bad, that time people did not do it, they stinked , and that fake hair as UK court and parlamemt still has, was to hide some parasites what was in the hair ----
royals did drunk vinegar because they believed that makes skin pale , and yes whens sifilis came, it was cool to have it, all royals and cool folks had sifillis, until ppl understood its uncool
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.02.2016 - 09:55
Necrotion7

I like the song..i just feel that the symphonic elements overpower the drums, bass and guitars at times
04.02.2016 - 18:39
ManuelAlze

This one is the best song of their new album, my opinion

Hits total: 2447 | This month: 5