14. Chapel Of Ghouls [Morbid Angel cover]
15. Pure Hatred
16. Deform
17. No One Wins
18. Death Reveals
19. Reality
20. Commited To Nothing
21. Corporal Jigsore Quandary [Carcass cover]

There are many albums with the most horrid offerings, the sickest lyrics or the most gruesome layouts out there, those are Ok, once you close their box or the booklet you forget about how disgusting the artwork or the words were. Animosity gives you nightmares! It's not the booklet or the lyrics that haunts you?it's the crushing music, the shivering voice crawling slowly into your brain, all the devastating images coming out of this record are the ones that will stick in your head, and believe me, closing its box or its booklet won't do a single thing.

The Berzerker kept going further ever since they arrived to our beloved metal scene; if a band was insanely fast they played their music faster, if a band was brutal The Berzerker was even more violent, they were always one step ahead of everyone, and now they did it again! "Animosity" was made to prove how multitalented this band can be (or "this guy can be" as this album was made by Luke Kenny almost in its entirety) Today we have a band that slowed things down a notch, they added melody, catchiness, and breakdowns to their songwriting, they tighten the screws just a little bit as, in essence and aggression, they are still the same band scaring the audience with iniquitous masks and violent performance.

"Animosity" creates a more professional plateau for The Berzerker, the record sounds more polished and shaped from the grotesque music to the clever lyrics. Every single song bleeding in this album has a strong "masterpiece" potential; "Eye For An Eye" starts with a very uplifting drumming, we all loved to hear the human drummer for sure, but this kind of programming just sounds more than ideal for the concept of this album; so, "Eye For An Eye" opens "Animosity" in a very brutal and blasting way, it's just the kind of song that cuts through your eardrums so they won't burst in the middle of the experience?then "Lonely World" closes this record, it's the most promising song I've ever heard from The Berzerker, it's different, it's refreshing, it's brutal, it's mid-paced, it's just fucking perfect!

In the end we have the same Berzerker from the old ages, but with a more technical approach, a better songwriting and a more digestible sound.

Do you consider yourself extreme? Prove it! Buy this album.

Best Tracks: "Eye For An Eye", "Lonely World", "The Cancer"

Rating breakdown
Performance: 9
Songwriting: 9
Originality: 7
Production: 7

Written by Herzebeth | 08.04.2007

Comments

Comments: 16   Visited by: 93 users
08.04.2007 - 18:34
Bas
Retired Staff
"Today we have a band that slowed things down a notch, they added melody, catchiness, and breakdowns to their songwriting"

hm, in that case this sounds a load better then Dissimulate which was laughable to my ears, i might check this out because although like i already said i was always laughing at their music i never doubted that they might have some potential to actually make something good out of their music, maybe they did it this time, i'll check this one out
----
BAS - Beautifully Accented Sexiness
09.04.2007 - 02:54
Mental_Orgasm
Account deleted
yeah this cd is a mad improvement compared to their older stuff, good review deffenitly deserved an 8
09.04.2007 - 03:08
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Isn't the Carcass song called Corporeal Jigsore Quandary? I REALLY want to get that cleared up.
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
09.04.2007 - 03:36
Cybertrash

A really good album. I really like the industrial touch!
----
Dibbukim - Az a foygl un a goylem tantsn, out on GM Music April 25th!

http://www.dibbukim.com
09.04.2007 - 04:50
Baz Anderson

well I really liked their last album so I will definitely be looking into this one!!
theres no better wall of sound to get at your neighbour then a Bezerker wall of sound. haha
09.04.2007 - 05:39
Rating: 9
Herzebeth

Written by Syk on 09.04.2007 at 03:08

Isn't the Carcass song called Corporeal Jigsore Quandary? I REALLY want to get that cleared up.

yeah dude, they covered it, and they did a fucking great job (The Berzerker did it back when they were a full group with a real drummer)
----
09.04.2007 - 05:42
Syk
myspace/bonerama
Written by Herzebeth on 09.04.2007 at 05:39

yeah dude, they covered it, and they did a fucking great job (The Berzerker did it back when they were a full group with a real drummer)

I meant the spelling
----
death ? thrash ? death/doom/prog ? Hail Zoldon!

he's not the kind you have to wind up on Sundays
09.04.2007 - 05:55
Rating: 9
Herzebeth

Written by Syk on 09.04.2007 at 05:42

Written by Herzebeth on 09.04.2007 at 05:39

I meant the spelling

Sorry...

The actual album has "Corporal Jigsore Quandary" it's mispelled on purpose as far as I know.
----
09.04.2007 - 17:58
Lupas
Maximus
I just saw a video from this band. Apart the style is not my most appriacited , i would like to know at what beat did the drummer goes in allmost all the songs. It's an amazing thing .
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
25.04.2007 - 22:02
Vulture
Account deleted
The previous album "World Of Lies" was great! Love it.
I am sure that I just HAVE to get "Animosity", because I have always loved The Berzerker's music and their lyrics. They made really huge influence on my life and the way of thinking.
Yeah.
24.08.2007 - 20:14
DigitalGrind
Account deleted
This is the first record that i bought by Berzerker i don't now if it's the best of them but for me this record hits in my top 10 death/grind albums.
03.02.2008 - 15:08
Rating: 10
Olli

I absolutely love this album! Fucking incredible.. I would give it more than an 8
----
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us."
19.02.2008 - 20:03
3V0L1NT3NT
Account deleted
I love this album. World of Lies was a good record but...I dunno...just something was missing. They didn't seem to be as fast as they norm were I guess? but this album blown me away when I heard it. And if you can get the special edtion with two discs I recomend it. I have all 4 Berzerker CDs and as always looking forward to the next Album
06.06.2012 - 04:08
Hendrikse
Account deleted
Quote:
Do you consider yourself extreme?

Nah mate, IM TOO EXTREME!

Anyways a good album, but I much prefer their last effort.
31.07.2012 - 21:20
Rating: 10
Big-Al

Written by Guest on 06.06.2012 at 04:08

Quote:
Do you consider yourself extreme?

Nah mate, IM TOO EXTREME!

Anyways a good album, but I much prefer their last effort.

surprising, most consider The Reawakening to have been their weakest album.
----

I drink moosepiss
01.08.2012 - 14:53
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Awful band.

Hits total: 8920 | This month: 7