Metal Storm logo
Anacrusis

Original post

Posted by , 25.05.2006 - 03:50
Anacrusis was a lost classic in the progressive thrash metal genre...their most memorable albums are Manic Impressions and Screams and Whispers...their first two albums, Suffering Hour and Reason, are pretty sloppy thrash releases...DRUMMER CHAD SMITH IS NOT CHAD SMITH FROM THE RED HOT CHILLI PEPPERS...just thought I'd say that...

Anyway, there are some Anacrusis fans on MS, I know...where are you?
27.06.2011 - 13:45
Interrobang
Chief Sturgeon
Anybody listened to the new Anacrusis track "This Killer in My House"? Free download from band's website: http://www.anacrusis.us/media%20files/MP3/ANACRUSIS-This%20Killer%20In%20My%20House.mp3. It's pretty good, and has the authentic Anacrusis sound.
15.11.2011 - 20:51
Markku
Account deleted
I don't like the re-recordings.
06.04.2019 - 16:05
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Kenn Nardi writes

I wanted to let everyone know the METAL BLADE Anacrusis re-issues are absolutely a "go". I have heard a few test-mastered songs and they are doing a great job with evening out the sound between the four albums without killing any of the original vibe (see: not brick-wall compressed to death)

I'm not at liberty to mention even preliminary dates just yet, but if all goes well with the mastering/layout updates, etc then I think it's OK to say we should see them later this year.
It looks like the plan is to re-issue Suffering Hour and Reason at the same time and then Manic Impressions and Screams and Whispers a few weeks later.

All four will be re-issued in CD, digital download and vinyl formats. As most of you know, this will be the first time Screams and Whispers will be available on VINYL, which is very exciting!

AS FAR AS I KNOW...the CD versions will each have a few demos, rarities to fill out the discs and the vinyl versions will be the original track listings. Not sure if the bonus tracks will be available as downloads or CD-only. The cover artwork will be the same as the originals with updated liner notes/photos, etc. *This is my understanding.

*All album tracks will be 100% original versions (only remastered).

I will let post official release dates and any other info that Metal Blade confirms as soon as it becomes available.
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing