Metal Storm logo
Cardamon melancholic rock metal from the Netherlands

04.08.2007 - 17:14
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
http://www.myspace.com/cardamon

Check out this band if you're into new Anathema and new Katatonia.
The band features both Koen Romeijn and Thomas Kalksma of Detonation but is more a release for their melancholic extremely melodic ideas they can't use for Detonation.

Cardamon have finished recording their full-length.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

05.08.2007 - 02:56
APOHAKC
The Bard
I really like this, not something I would listen whole day, but they are very good. They have something like.. hmm... friendly sound?
----
They say that we are gone but I can't let you down
The heathen faith will rise again we won't fail now
I know we cannot die forever is our time
Give my people back to me free from Christianity!!!!
05.08.2007 - 12:54
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I agree about what Aronax of Celik says hehheh good for one time then hours pass by and again listne it
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
05.08.2007 - 17:09
Aylee_Bodom
¬¬
I find it a bit "light", but it's not bad.
----
*All Blood Runs The Same*
25.05.2008 - 02:13
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Okay, I'm not sure why I haven't posted in this thread yet, but I definitely think now is the time to bring it back

I bought Cardamon's CD about 2 months ago, and I am still loving it. It's a bit softer, like the above posts are suggesting, but all the melodies and the somber emotions are all there. And if it's somber and gloomy, then that's exactly what I'm looking for

It's really hard to find female fronted music that's heavy enough to satisfy my "metal" side, but catchy and not overwhelmingly intricate so as not to be demanding all my attention like Cardamon. And best of all (to me), the band doesn't bother to drop into the cliche of adding male grunts, which so many other bands would do. Floortje's vocals are up front and she matches easily with all of the great guitar melodies.

So, the reason why I brought this up is that Cardamon has a concert for viewing on the fabchannel website, and since it's about as close as I'm going to get to seeing them anytime soon, it is a real pleasure to see the band performing a bunch of songs live.

Here is the link: CONCERT
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley
26.05.2008 - 10:10
GT
Coffee!!
Written by Jason W. on 25.05.2008 at 02:13

...And best of all (to me), the band doesn't bother to drop into the cliche of adding male grunts, which so many other bands would do. Floortje's vocals are up front and she matches easily with all of the great guitar melodies.

So, the reason why I brought this up is that Cardamon has a concert for viewing on the fabchannel website, and since it's about as close as I'm going to get to seeing them anytime soon, it is a real pleasure to see the band performing a bunch of songs live.

Here is the link: CONCERT

Thank you for this link. Watching and listening to it right now.

And I agree with you on the male grunts...refreshing that they haven't added that. The vocalist's has a good voice. It's a bit different from many other female fronted bands since she isn't trying to go opera/soprano
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
05.08.2009 - 04:08
Jason W.
Razorbliss
Hey, any Cardamon fans should check out their new video, for what happens to be my favorite track as of now on "The Primrose Path" -- Sleepless World. The video is offbeat in that it is more of a sketchbook diary that ties into the song than your typical video. Here's the link for it on youtube.
----
"After silence that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music." - Aldous Huxley